1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question WTB Prius - Pls Suggest

I want to buy Prius, is it a good buy in Islamabad? which model should i go for?

is it true that there is not a single mechanic in ISB who can work on a prius, including toyota?
    is is true that we need to replace the battery in a year and it costs 2 lacs?

what is required for regular maintenance of this car?

is there any other car which is great in the same price range, say upto 1.7million

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro you got the wrong info its been 2 years since hybrids are in Pakistan, and many reputed mechanics can handle hybrids, as far battery concerns, it isn't replaced every year but where as i know its battery works more then 2 years correct me if i am wrong. It has best fuel consumption among hybrids and Honda Civic Hybrid 1300CC is also present in market which costs around 2 million. But i heard that toyota's battery lasts more then Honda.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks, i read that battery life of prius is 8 years max, after that you will need to replace it costing 200,000. currently in local market car model is 2007, +8 = 2015, if i buy today i can use it for 2 years max without changing battery.

i also got to know from a prius owner that toyota in Islamabad don't have software for prius, if there is any electrical fault no one at toyota can trace it.

can this vehicle run only on fuel? i mean if there is some issue with electric or say batteries are dead or something?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro i also had a JOSH once and thought to buy prius but didnt coz heard that its parts are very expensive and if anything goes wrong(Electrical or Mechanical) its very hard to find a good mechanic and so on ......
    CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG.....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by themann4u View Post
    bro i also had a JOSH once and thought to buy prius but didnt coz heard that its parts are very expensive and if anything goes wrong(Electrical or Mechanical) its very hard to find a good mechanic and so on ......
    CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG.....
    my josh is overwhelming... so i will go for it, lets see what happens

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mrizwankhan View Post
    my josh is overwhelming... so i will go for it, lets see what happens
    Ok good luck then..... and please tell me your experience when u have bought one.......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Asalamualikum The Prius battery has 8 year warranty but that doesn't mean it will die down as soon as warranty is over.Mostly the batteries have been replaced due to accident.Toyota says the battries will last "life of the car".It is one of the top selling car in the world.

The Prius Battery Myth or: How Long will a Prius Battery Last? Commentary and Reviews, Reviews

How long does your electric battery last (miles or years) on the Toyota Prius before you have to replace it? - Yahoo! Answers

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/whe...prius-fan-club

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I want to buy Prius, is it a good buy in Islamabad? not for sure. imagine you have a problem while with family on a long route. what will you do? ask your prius mechanic to come to you?

is it true that there is not a single mechanic in ISB who can work on a prius, including toyota? toyota often do not provide support. although some enthusiasts can diagnose problems.

is is true that we need to replace the battery in a year and it costs 2 lacs? somewhat true ( its battery can last very long if you buy a 0 meter car. used one asks for new battery after 1 or 2 years because it is used car. original panasonic battery costs 3000 USD. you can get a sub standard one in 200 K but it will not last long.

what is required for regular maintenance of this car? routine checkups with special tools(rare) and fluid changes

*my opinion*

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AoA

bro i am having more then 6 prius in my close relatives.
    p.s One should go for the car but yes from a person u trust so that he gives u a good deal and a good car.
    it is my 3rd prius too and didnt faced any problem. the current prius which i am having is driven around 40000 km's by me and have not face a single problem till yet. all you need is regular oil change after 5000 km's and brake pads(2003-2008 toyota)
    had to replace a backlight of one prius which costed around 9000 rupees which is way less then a light of civic
    But yes again repeating go for a car which is less driven pay a bit more but get something good
    I do it because i can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldn't =)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

there is hardly a mechanic around who really knows what he s doing when it comes to repairing prius.

prius is a good ride but not too comfortable. i had a prius for test driving for 3 days and i was comparing it with a reborn. low ground clearance (and i mean really low)

if you want to buy her just coz you like her, do go for it. i believe, bande ko khurak ho rahi ho to khurak karni chahiye, lol

battery is not a big risk. they dont die that easily and used ones are available around 70k imported from dubai.

spares are expensive but all cars have expensive maintenance these days (sedans)

like lea300 said, buy a car with ORIGINAL less miles on the clock. you will be happy.

BUT if Allah forbid, a fault develops in it, it MAY NOT be easy to get it cleared.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List