Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default suggest which car to buy in 5.5lack budget

dear fellows,
    I am going to buy my first ever car in budget of 5.5 lack. I dont know the 'abc' of maintaining a car. Please suggest me what can i get in this budget that is good for me. Should i go for Baleno (or mehran/alto/cultus) or anything else. please suggest.
    my usage is as under

1- i have to drive car on petrol (not cng) as my usage is limited and comfort is my priority
    2- my weekly usage is around 100 KM (as for daily usage i have an office car cultus/hiace wd driver available during office hours)
    so i have to use car only for going to dinner/outing etc in evening wd family
    3- four to six yearly trip of Islamabad to Multan wd family and may be a northern area visit too
    4- I have a busy schedule of job and dont have much time for rapid maintenace etc however may spare a day/month for some maintenance issues

your suggestion would be of great help to me for the decision.
    regards,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for mira 2007

Sent from my GT-I9300T using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by yassir313 View Post
    Go for mira 2007

Sent from my GT-I9300T using PW Forums mobile app
    I guess, JDM would not be suitable for him considering his 4-5 trips to Multan in year and in case if he may need some part or repair work on his way it would be very much difficult to find both parts and mechanic as well. Also I don't think Mira in good condition could be available in this budget.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here in Karachi prices of cars are lower than the Punjab and Islamabad. Considering Karachi market, you could get newer model Mehran easily but that may not be comfortable for your long journey all the way to Multan and also performance of Mehran AC is a question mark.

Better option could be Alto for having 1000cc engine and no issue of engine heat up during ac use.

In your usage preference I would recommend Baleno if you could find a good one in your budget.

Cultus could be a good option also but I don't think you could find a good one in this budget.

Do keep in mind that Older cars will require more maintenance as compared to newer ones. In that sense Mehran/ Alto seems to be good to go.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks alot Fayaz and Yasir for guidance. I saw (with my driver) a Karachi number Alto 2003 Model in Rs. 3,10,000/- . As per my driver Engine is in good condition but it was repainted with some denting/painting work done. Another Sindh number Alto 2004 model was in a price tag of Rs. 3,50,000/- with Genuine paint and Engine is ok as per my dirver. Both are without CNG kits. Multan number Alto model 2007 was in 5 lack and seems to be in good condition. Plus i also saw a Baleno 2003 model Lahore number in Rs. 5.5 Lack whose engine requried some work (my driver said keh sir ap ko 30K-50K spend kerna pare ga ise fit kerne k liye)
    Amazingly I also saw Honda City accidented 2005 model in 5.25 lack ( i thought it would never come on road with the pathetic condition i saw it in). But the mechanic told me that it requires around 2 lack investment and he said that it will be in perfect condition but my driver doubted his comments but said that Engine is not severly hurt but outer body was almost destroyed.

Dear fellows, should i take loan of around 2 lack and go for (accidented bad shaped body wise)city instead? Or should i be contented with Alto.
    regards,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nomee_46 View Post
    Thanks alot Fayaz and Yasir for guidance. I saw (with my driver) a Karachi number Alto 2003 Model in Rs. 3,10,000/- . As per my driver Engine is in good condition but it was repainted with some denting/painting work done. Another Sindh number Alto 2004 model was in a price tag of Rs. 3,50,000/- with Genuine paint and Engine is ok as per my dirver. Both are without CNG kits. Multan number Alto model 2007 was in 5 lack and seems to be in good condition. Plus i also saw a Baleno 2003 model Lahore number in Rs. 5.5 Lack whose engine requried some work (my driver said keh sir ap ko 30K-50K spend kerna pare ga ise fit kerne k liye)
    Amazingly I also saw Honda City accidented 2005 model in 5.25 lack ( i thought it would never come on road with the pathetic condition i saw it in). But the mechanic told me that it requires around 2 lack investment and he said that it will be in perfect condition but my driver doubted his comments but said that Engine is not severly hurt but outer body was almost destroyed.

Dear fellows, should i take loan of around 2 lack and go for (accidented bad shaped body wise)city instead? Or should i be contented with Alto.
    regards,
    bro Alto is not efficient on Petrol
    i think you should also consider a Clean Cuore in your budget as well
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would recommend a good cultus, if you can get your hands on one. Something between 2002-2004, not more than maybe a 100K driven. It's a good vehicle for a beginner - keeping in mind your requirements.
    Best of luck with your decision though. Only, I would advise you against getting a JDM car because of two main reasons, your out-station travel, and the fact that you would not be able to spare much time for the maintenance.
    If you are going to take a loan of 2 lac just to get a badly destroyed vehicle, then you will probably be better off by getting a cultus. You can find a good option in that price (7.25 lac)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks dear fellows Waris and aay1870 for guaidance . insha ALLAH now i'll go out this weekend to look for cuore and cultus too.
    regards,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I endorse other fellows suggestions to go for a Cultus. If you could borrow 200k in that much budget you could find a good, clean and neat Cultus of 2006-7 model maybe 08 also. Though I never been in favor of borrowing money, just a personal opinion. Option of Coure is also good. But According to your requirement, you may prefer Cultus over Coure.

Just a sincere advice, never look second time towards a major accidented car no matter how cheap/low cost it is.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

whats wrong with a 2004 - 5 Santro ? ...that could fit in that budget !

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default hey guys

guys, can i get a nice clean cultus of 2001-2004 at around 4-4.5 lacs here in karachi? I am new here and also its my first time buying a car so I know nothing about it and highly worried about taking the right decision,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cuore best in petrol and all aspect durable as compared with suzuki's
    have tons of power
    better average on petrol
    good road clearance
    best amoung small car but has lil hard suspension if u drive it on rough road otherwise on plane road its fine

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think you should go for used sedan vehicles..indus corolla / honda etc

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You should go for 2005-06 Santro club GV. You will easily get it in your budget. Santro is dominating the market very quicky here in Islamabad. I dnt know what is the situation at Karachi.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think Coure is the best option

Sent from my HTC using PW Forums mobile app
    ALONE
    BUT HAPPY

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

cuore is perfect for city but not good for long routes with family due to problem of space.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Before buying a car, buy a good compression testing kit. It will save you a huge amount of headache (and money) in the long run. An OBD-2 scanner won't hurt either, although its not necessary. These things will save you from buying a lemon, to an extent.
    Baleno is excellent if you find one in good condition (rust free unibody, engine not smoking, gear engaging smoothly). Its nippy, agile, and the back seats are more comfortable than a new XLi. You should be prepared to take care of it at more frequent intervals however; it is known to be problematic. we owned a 2004 JXR 4 years back. For the 6 months we kept it, there was a faulty brake disk, worn out front shocks, faulty electronics, starter motor failure, and a few minor problems besides. Stay away from it if you are not a mild gear head with a basic maintenance knowledge.
    A well maintained 1998 or newer model Margalla is also good. It shares the same interior as Cultus, so you can still get brand new interior parts. Its comfort level is about the same as Cultus, but it has a boot, which would be more suitable for you since you travel far. It is an old model however; you should also buy a timing light and vacuum gauge. At least learn to set the ignition timing, setting the idle mixture and speed, and draining the radiator.
    If you want comfort, stay away from Mehran as far as possible. I am only 5"11, and i am hardly able to fit in the drivers seat. The A/C also sucks if you don't maintain it properly, at frequent intervals. A 0.900 4th gear, combined with a 4.350 final drive, means that the engine is really noisy at high speeds. 3 decent sized adults are barely able to sit in the back seat for 10-15 minutes. After that, they start to get cramps and sores. There is also no space in the boot, save for a couple of small suitcases.
    I would have suggested Cuore, but it has the same space confinement problem as Mehran. At the very least, Alto is needed to get to Multan and the Northern Areas with family.
    Personally, I would have bought an 86-90 model Accord with a rust free body and salvagable engine, and restored it (I love working on cars, though I am currently only learning from my father). That option would not be suitable for you

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I Would Recommend U To Go For Coure, As It Is Suitable For Beginners And Has No Problem Of Spares, And Long Journeys Are Not That Much Problem, If U Can Tell Us Your Amount Of Family Members Then It Would Be Easier To Tell You Which Car Is Suitable For U. BTW You Can Get A Clean 05 Model Coure In 5.5 Lack, Coure Also Offers Us Good Fuel Consumption, But Comfort Level Is Just Below Average, BTW If You Can Get A Clean Baleno In Your Budget Buy It! But Beware It Can Provide You Problems At Any Time.
    Like My Page Please: https://www.facebook.com/BabuJeeKaThullu?ref=hl

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Got Mehran 2010 last month wd LHR no in very good condition only 25k done. Genuine CNG/AC installed. Got it transferred to my name wd life time token paid however yet its not updated on mtmis website

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I took it to a local mechanic and he told me only tuning required , rest all is good. I took it on a long drive of 1100KM in a day. it was smooth (but didn't used ac yet as its winter time). Changed Engine oil to Zic A (15-40 viscosity).
    I'm planning to do some work on interior + tyre change + aloy rims + tunning from a good mechanic

a little suggestion is required that if i take it to suzuki showroom for tuning and checkup, will that be better or some local mechanic?
    I live in gujranwala so i can also take it to some authorized suzuki centre in Lahore. pls guide.

regards,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List