Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suggestion Request: Vitz, Swift, City or Belta

Salam All,

I am planning to buy a new car and have been looking for a car that is worth the money the i spend. I have short-listed a few options below along with my preference. Can all you good PW fellows help me out in picking the right car that i can cherish for long.

- My budget is upto PKR 950,000 excluding any registration charges in case i decide to go with an unregistered JDM.
    - I have driven Alto since 2007 (Bought it Brand New), and looking for something that can be more comfortable but economical, specially a drive i can enjoy with family on a hot summer afternoon.
    - I am not the sort of guy who love visiting mechanics often. Thus i would like to buy something that gives me peace of mind and simply put; works when i need it to.
    - I have heard a lot of opinions about Automatic cars being expensive to maintain. Is that true? Should i look for manual transmission or its just noise i hear?
    - I would rather like to go for a sedan, since i need some trunk space. As i have driven Alto all along, Trunk is the luxury i never had (Now i feel i need it with the family growing and all).

These are the basic parameters i really need and any additional options would definitely be a plus.

Looking at the requirements i have and the current market prices of old vs new cars, i have short listed VITZ(2007-08), Swift (2009-10), City i-dsi(2007-08), and Belta 1.x (2008-10). Which one should i go for?

Also, if you can suggest a better alternative, i'll be grateful. In case you suggest buying unregistered JDM, please suggest a good place that delivers un-altered odo reading car.

Thanks in Advance.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bump.... Can the fellow experts share opinions. BTW, i drove Civic 2005 the first time last night and i loved it Will that be a good bargain in the price i quoted? How much should a VTI ORIEL or EXI ORIEL would cost?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

city .. eco .. ac is good .. trunk .. less trips to mechanic
    "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for city 06/07 eazy to maintain and fuel avrg is good

Sent from my HTC using PW Forums mobile app
    ALONE
    BUT HAPPY

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would suggest a civic if you can get one in your budget.

However, considering the fuel efficiency and no visit to mechanics, you could have gone for a brand new cultus.

But since you also need trunk space, then all these factors combined would give you a city. That's your best option. Just make sure you get a good piece.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you wont get a clean city in the money u have.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There are choices and than there is a ***** called budget lol and often our budget and wishes Dont match.

Going for JDM is a lot of khuwari I would advice you to go for a clearly fresh car so that you can get the auction sheet verified online. You can only get 2009/10 car and vitz would be out of your budget. You can opt for passo though.

For some really odd reason belta market has gone down. Good thing you can perhaps get it cheaper bad part resale might be low. Its a good car provided you get a clean one.

With that budget you can get a good city idsi and in NY opinion would be your best bet.

All the best.

Sent Using Nokia 3310
    Lost in /dev/null

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You can easily get swift 2010 Dlx package go for it.

Sent from my HTC One S using PW Forums mobile app
    Boy Badnam hua LIANA tery liya

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@baqai... Passo is a no go for me. I do not like dash-mount gears even with Automatic tranny. I drove one back in US (Toyota Siena) but didn't like the feel of gear always right next to steering. You did mention Vitz out of question but shouldn't a 2008 model one be available around 950k? Also, can you or any one suggest a good and honest JDM dealer in Karachi i can get connected to find my dream car?

I m also pretty much decided on the City idsi 2007-08 but the a simple search on Pakwheels show that in my budget i can land a good and clean 2006 or 2007 model and no later than that. s that correct?

As i mentioned, i drove Civic 2005 Exi Manual with 110k on mileage but clean car and the guy was ready to give it away for 920k, is that a good bargain? The car is clean inside and outside but appear to be showered (considering a gun metallic spotless color without any minor scratches).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

see this thread it will help u alot it mentions some dealer names as well like quality motors etc
    Do PM me once u buy vitz i will also be going for it in Future Insha Allah or may be city

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/new...d-imported-car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cyn0sure View Post
    @baqai... Passo is a no go for me. I do not like dash-mount gears even with Automatic tranny. I drove one back in US (Toyota Siena) but didn't like the feel of gear always right next to steering. You did mention Vitz out of question but shouldn't a 2008 model one be available around 950k? Also, can you or any one suggest a good and honest JDM dealer in Karachi i can get connected to find my dream car?

I m also pretty much decided on the City idsi 2007-08 but the a simple search on Pakwheels show that in my budget i can land a good and clean 2006 or 2007 model and no later than that. s that correct?

As i mentioned, i drove Civic 2005 Exi Manual with 110k on mileage but clean car and the guy was ready to give it away for 920k, is that a good bargain? The car is clean inside and outside but appear to be showered (considering a gun metallic spotless color without any minor scratches).
    no way. a clean 2008 vitz will not cost u less than 11 lacs in any case, and those which are available must be having some hanky panky

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Try to find out a clean City Idsi instead of a bigger car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro i am not saying that you CAN'T find a good car, All i am saying is that you won't be able to verify the auction report if you opt for a car which was imported in 2012 or before. Currently dealers can only import 3 years old cars thus the oldest model you can freshly import is 2010, All the older models are imported before or at max 2009 model taken out of port by muk mukka. As far as my market research says a good 2009+ model Vitz starts from 10+ and can fetch till 13.5 (depending on condition, grade, color, features).

To be honest i have yet to come across a "Honest Car Dealer" I say this with all due respect to everyone and please no offend intended as that's my own opinion. One of the best people you can't contact would be Sharabi (Shahzaib) you can search Facebook for JDM Imports, Atleast he is honest in what he is giving you. He currently is dealing in LC's mostly so he seldom have choti moti cars for people like us, He currently has a Move for sale and he has two Vitz on way to Karachi (Reaching 25th of this month) both of them are in range of 11'ish though and are 2010 models White color. Two another dealers on Khalid Bin Waleed road are Liberty motors and Burki motors both have good reputation for getting good cars but they hardly budge from their asking price but atleast their cars are very nice.

For past two months i have been roaming around from one JDM dealer to another and nearly went for a 0 Meter SWIFT but due to share pressure of my wife (who was/is hell bent upon getting a JDM) i ended up giving token for a 2010 Vitz on it's way to Karachi, Insha Allah will have it by next week (If i find the condition of the car as per my requirements) else i will be back to drawing board myself.
    Lost in /dev/null

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

vitz 2008 being sold for more than 11 lacs around here.Try and find a 2007 model city if you can coz i think car prices are pretty low in karachi.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List