Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By faiz.aslam.121
  • 3 Post By baqai
  • 1 Post By fazalwahab11375

Thread: Need a brotherly/ fatherly advice

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    coooooldude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Okara
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,303
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Need a brotherly/ fatherly advice

    AOA
    Am studying dentistry from one of the best institutes of pak ( ALHAMDULILAH )
    Though u never liked this field
    But some things n advices brought me here
    I love cars n even my brain works million times better when I study cars engines bla bla n I remember for a long time
    Well that's sad part of story
    Now I can't think of doing ad maths n bla bla
    So coming to point
    As I dont like this field
    I dont want to be an oral or maxilofacial surgeon
    I know its a lot of money
    But I don't like surgery n blood n stitching n a living being lying in front of u open
    So now guide me about 2 things
    1- what should I opt for in specialization?
    2-I love my country
    I wanna see it develop
    I wanna contribute even
    I can bear hardships here
    But I know
    My family means wife n children
    Will be in trouble
    Am a very sensitive person regarding relations
    I never put or can see family in pain
    I used to get admitted in my military college hospital after some severe raging but I never told my dad
    So I know I won't b able to see my new family in pain
    Which country should I opt for

    1-Iran
    2-Australia
    3-UK

    N plzzz ... experts
    Tell me
    Which is better for a Muslim to live..???
    I will easily get nationality???
    Expenses???
    Good for dentist???

    Plzzzz
    I can't share with my dad
    U guys advice me

    Sent from my A10 using PW Forums mobile app
    I am not a MOD.... And am proud of that....

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    coooooldude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Okara
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,303
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Buuummpppp

    Sent from my A10 using PW Forums mobile app
    I am not a MOD.... And am proud of that....

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    faiz.aslam.121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oslo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,464
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I don't know what to suggest, i am still young and have no experience regarding issues like this.

    Anyways, a bump from my side, hope your issue gets resolved

    But, since you love cars, which you probably do as you spend most of your time on PW(as far as i have observed), open up a bad-a$$ garage, where you have mods, and all other car stuff. Yes, you might think profit is low and stuff like that, I mean on a big scale. Where you have everything available, from small screws to the big things. You will gain popularity, everyone will come to you. Imagine it like Hyperstar/Metro

    Dentistry is a good field too, but only if your mind is 100% towards it.

    Do Istikhaarah, it is very important in situations like this.

    Might not be the best guidance, and i hate maths too
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    coooooldude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Okara
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,303
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post
    I don't know what to suggest, i am still young and have no experience regarding issues like this.

    Anyways, a bump from my side, hope your issue gets resolved
    I am in first year
    Still 3 years to go
    But I wanna get oriented
    N start planning
    May ALLAH help me

    Sent from my A10 using PW Forums mobile app
    I am not a MOD.... And am proud of that....

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    silentassassin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Posts
    4,186
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Why you study when you dont like that field?

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    faiz.aslam.121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oslo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,464
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I have always wanted to be a pilot, now it seems boring. Take off- land and that's it mostly, except for the Luxury hotels they give(except PIA i guess )

    After i discovered PW, my brain and mind has opened up. I learn new things everyday, Kudos to all the members for sharing this.

    I really want to be a mechanic, soon i will ask any reputable workshop to teach me, but it is time consuming. I am willing to do it, since it is my ambition, To do what i want.

    I love cooking too, but i am not an expert, but Sardines restaurant are offering free cooking courses, might try it out.

    Do what you love, not what others expect of you. If parents or anyone is disagreeing with your choice, prove that you are capable, show them things they never knew, amaze them.
    That is what the Prophet SAW did, He was illiterate, (i don't know how to put this) still He is one of the most spoken of person on earth till today. Amazed the world, with his teachings, preaching and actions.
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    coooooldude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Okara
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,303
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silentassassin1 View Post
    Why you study when you dont like that field?
    Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post
    I have always wanted to be a pilot, now it seems boring. Take off- land and that's it mostly, except for the Luxury hotels they give(except PIA i guess )

    After i discovered PW, my brain and mind has opened up. I learn new things everyday, Kudos to all the members for sharing this.

    I really want to be a mechanic, soon i will ask any reputable workshop to teach me, but it is time consuming. I am willing to do it, since it is my ambition, To do what i want.

    I love cooking too, but i am not an expert, but Sardines restaurant are offering free cooking courses, might try it out.

    Do what you love, not what others expect of you. If parents or anyone is disagreeing with your choice, prove that you are capable, show them things they never knew, amaze them.
    That is what the Prophet SAW did, He was illiterate, (i don't know how to put this) still He is one of the most spoken of person on earth till today. Amazed the world, with his teachings, preaching and actions.
    Very well bro
    But when I was young
    Including dad everyone used to say
    Pakistan me auto Industry Ka koi future nae
    Laiq bachay ho
    Bio parho
    Doctor bano
    I kept saying wat I want
    In my college
    Am famous for being car fanatic
    Even faculty members take my advices about cars
    I l love to wash Audis coming out of ingolstad Germany factory
    Bcoz I love
    But I am from a middle class family
    Dad z army officer
    He already spent a million on me
    Can't back out now
    Plzzzzzz
    Help in this regard
    Situation z tough
    Love marriage nae hua
    Arrange ko kese kamyab bnauan
    Plzzz help
    My 2 questions
    Which specialization?
    Which country?

    Sent from my A10 using PW Forums mobile app
    I am not a MOD.... And am proud of that....

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    faiz.aslam.121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oslo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,464
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    coooooldude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Okara
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,303
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    I am not a MOD.... And am proud of that....

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    faiz.aslam.121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oslo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,464
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Reason why i can't recommend you anything, i am still doing A-levels, i don't know anything about outside world, standing on my own feet etc. I just know that Mom will take care of everything, the hard times start when you gotta do everything yourself, shopping, paying bills, working, planning, marriage, mrs etc :=)
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    coooooldude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Okara
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,303
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post
    Reason why i can't recommend you anything, i am still doing A-levels, i don't know anything about outside world, standing on my own feet etc. I just know that Mom will take care of everything, the hard times start when you gotta do everything yourself, shopping, paying bills, working, planning, marriage, mrs etc :=)
    I respect ur care bro

    Sent from my A10 using PW Forums mobile app
    I am not a MOD.... And am proud of that....

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    baqai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,556
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i would be the wrong person to advice .. i left MBBS in 3rd Year and opted to pursue career in I.T and have never looked back, ended up getting married to a dentist

    Leaving medicine was one of the biggest decision of my life (hint: my nick on the forum is my family name) and what i did was talk to my parents, they are your best friends and people who would give you invaluable unbiased opinion ... do give talking to your dad a shot ... do remember he was the one who hold your finger and taught you how to walk and brought you up to the stage that you are a dental student posting on a car forum about your confusions
    Lost in /dev/null

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fazalwahab11375's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    29,467
    Follows
    36
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Come to US. Dentist make a lot. :-)

    And MashAllah we are spending a good life being Muslim even being in US.
    I m the only engineer in my family.
    My dad a doctor
    My sister is peads spec. in Australia.
    Her husband and father in law also doctors.
    My brother is doctor here in Chicago.
    My 6 cousins are doctors and 4 khalo are doctors as well.
    But I opted for engineering because I had passion for it and I did it even after of initial criticism from dad.

    You called me uncle earlier today so tell me how I can help you.
    Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    coooooldude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Okara
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,303
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post
    Come to US. Dentist make a lot. :-)

    And MashAllah we are spending a good life being Muslim even being in US.
    I m the only engineer in my family.
    My dad a doctor
    My sister is peads spec. in Australia.
    Her husband and father in law also doctors.
    My brother is doctor here in Chicago.
    My 6 cousins are doctors and 4 khalo are doctors as well.
    But I opted for engineering because I had passion for it and I did it even after of initial criticism from dad.

    You called me uncle earlier today so tell me how I can help you.
    Like
    I heard its too expensive to come to us n exams n bla bla
    Can u just help me inquiring
    What will I have to do after bds to practice legally in USA
    Exams?
    License???
    Formalities???
    Expenses????
    In ur most spare time when u tired counting stars
    I dont wanna bother u sir
    But I won't leave bds now
    I have to move with it



    Sent from my A10 using PW Forums mobile app
    I am not a MOD.... And am proud of that....

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fazalwahab11375's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    29,467
    Follows
    36
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coooooldude View Post
    Like
    I heard its too expensive to come to us n exams n bla bla
    Can u just help me inquiring
    What will I have to do after bds to practice legally in USA
    Exams?
    License???
    Formalities???
    Expenses????
    In ur most spare time when u tired counting stars
    I dont wanna bother u sir
    But I won't leave bds now
    I have to move with it



    Sent from my A10 using PW Forums mobile app
    Inbox your email. I will get you in touch with my brother. He is KMC graduate. He scores 99 in step 1 and 2 while 94 in step3 USMLE. He will help you get more info about dentistry.

    My brother just finished residency in internal medicines and signed a contract with a very handsome amount.
    Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    coooooldude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Okara
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,303
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post
    Inbox your email. I will get you in touch with my brother. He is KMC graduate. He scores 99 in step 1 and 2 while 94 in step3 USMLE. He will help you get more info about dentistry.

    My brother just finished residency in internal medicines and signed a contract with a very handsome amount.
    Pmed

    Sent from my A10 using PW Forums mobile app
    I am not a MOD.... And am proud of that....

  17. #17
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    talhawaleed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,812
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coooooldude View Post
    AOA
    Am studying dentistry from one of the best institutes of pak ( ALHAMDULILAH )
    Though u never liked this field
    But some things n advices brought me here
    I love cars n even my brain works million times better when I study cars engines bla bla n I remember for a long time
    Well that's sad part of story
    Now I can't think of doing ad maths n bla bla
    So coming to point
    As I dont like this field
    I dont want to be an oral or maxilofacial surgeon
    I know its a lot of money
    But I don't like surgery n blood n stitching n a living being lying in front of u open
    So now guide me about 2 things
    1- what should I opt for in specialization?
    2-I love my country
    I wanna see it develop
    I wanna contribute even
    I can bear hardships here
    But I know
    My family means wife n children
    Will be in trouble
    Am a very sensitive person regarding relations
    I never put or can see family in pain
    I used to get admitted in my military college hospital after some severe raging but I never told my dad
    So I know I won't b able to see my new family in pain
    Which country should I opt for

    1-Iran
    2-Australia
    3-UK

    N plzzz ... experts
    Tell me
    Which is better for a Muslim to live..???
    I will easily get nationality???
    Expenses???
    Good for dentist???

    Plzzzz
    I can't share with my dad
    U guys advice me

    Sent from my A10 using PW Forums mobile app
    This is a problem with 99.9 % of the students, they feel they have an interest somewhere else whereas with shear hard work and keeping in mind the will of their parents they made it to medical colleges and engineering institutes. Hard work is something different whereas a natural aptitude is a different game. You got to love what you do and for 99.9 % this does not comes naturally. You can still do things which you like as a side hobby and still develop interest in your field. Your hobby won?t give you a decent future but your engineering and medical profession can give you that chance. So your parents were right by guiding you into medical or engineering profession.

    If you don?t have an interest till now then don?t lose your hope as you are not alone. The way you worked hard to get into medical college then same way you got to work hard in order to develop an interest in Medical. You can do it as many people who have became successful have done it by striving for the fact ?I want to develop interest in this filed?

    Backing off is never an option and was not even there in the first place. Also, don?t be a girl as ragging does not kills anyone. It makes you tough for future and that?s why it?s there

  18. #18
    PakWheeler Follow
    asdalix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    302
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coooooldude View Post
    AOA
    Am studying dentistry from one of the best institutes of pak ( ALHAMDULILAH )
    Though u never liked this field
    But some things n advices brought me here
    I love cars n even my brain works million times better when I study cars engines bla bla n I remember for a long time
    Well that's sad part of story
    Now I can't think of doing ad maths n bla bla
    So coming to point
    As I dont like this field
    I dont want to be an oral or maxilofacial surgeon
    I know its a lot of money
    But I don't like surgery n blood n stitching n a living being lying in front of u open
    So now guide me about 2 things
    1- what should I opt for in specialization?
    2-I love my country
    I wanna see it develop
    I wanna contribute even
    I can bear hardships here
    But I know
    My family means wife n children
    Will be in trouble
    Am a very sensitive person regarding relations
    I never put or can see family in pain
    I used to get admitted in my military college hospital after some severe raging but I never told my dad
    So I know I won't b able to see my new family in pain
    Which country should I opt for

    1-Iran
    2-Australia
    3-UK

    N plzzz ... experts
    Tell me
    Which is better for a Muslim to live..???
    I will easily get nationality???
    Expenses???
    Good for dentist???

    Plzzzz
    I can't share with my dad
    U guys advice me

    Sent from my A10 using PW Forums mobile app
    ------------------------------------------------
    why go in another country? been there done that.

    Pakistan is Pakistan.
    u are a car lover open up a sexy garage parts mods upgrades.Get a good certificate / degree in car mods.
    we need educated car specialist in this country.
    don't study the field which u have no interest.

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    coooooldude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Okara
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,303
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asdalix View Post
    ------------------------------------------------
    why go in another country? been there done that.

    Pakistan is Pakistan.
    u are a car lover open up a sexy garage parts mods upgrades.Get a good certificate / degree in car mods.
    we need educated car specialist in this country.
    don't study the field which u have no interest.
    I love Pakistan bro


    Sent from my A10 using PW Forums mobile app
    I am not a MOD.... And am proud of that....

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •