Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 121 to 134 of 134
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: Honda City vs. Toyota Corolla [My personal experience]

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Haris.K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    207
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Honda City vs. Toyota Corolla [My personal experience]

    Okay so one of the most commonly discussed topics! Toyota Corolla and the Honda City's debate. I'm going to try and put an end to it by sharing my personal experience with both of the cars without any personal hate or love towards any of them.

    I drove both brand new Honda City 1.3 and Toyota Corolla GLI 1.3 manual - 2013. Both cars on Petrol and in complete genuine condition without any alteration whatsoever.

    I'm going to put down all the analysis and fairly simple terms without making it too technical so a common buyer would be able to understand.

    Seating Capacity:
    - Both Honda City and Toyota Corolla have almost the same seating capacity. While Corolla has a slight bit of more space according to the details and hardly noticeable, I didn't find a very major difference. Specially in the front seat.

    Seating Comfort:
    - I don't understand why people over-exaggerate the comfort of Toyota Corolla's seating comfort, the difference is definitely there but not much. Both Honda City and Toyota Corolla's seating comfort is almost the same with Corolla providing around 10% - 15% more comfort.

    Interior Build Quality:
    - Once again, both of the cars have pretty similar build quality just like any other Pakistani vehicle. Both offers cheap plastic made dashboard, consoles etc. However, I did notice that Toyota Corolla's build looks a bit better.

    Interior Features:
    - Again pretty typical features, both of the cars offer almost the same features. There is a very annoying part of Honda City's dashboard box where the cover just falls down knocking the board when you open it, while Toyota did a fine job on making it smoothly coming down and making no noise at all. Toyota Corolla also offers dual boxes on dashboard one opening upwards as you may have noticed.

    Air Conditioning:
    - Both Toyota and Honda has successfully made their air condition pretty powerful even in hot daylight. I failed to find any major differences.

    Steering:
    - Very similar steering quality. Both of the cars are fairly smooth and the steering is pretty light. If there would be any difference I hardly doubt that it would not be negligible.

    Handling:
    - Honda clearly won the cake here. At both lower and higher speeds controlling Corolla is much harder than controlling City. As soon as you hit 100 KM+ You'll find yourself losing control of the Corolla while the driver can keep the City in control at fairly high speeds.

    Braking (ABS):
    - Once again I found Honda City's braking quality a bit better than Toyota Corolla's. Not a major difference but I'd say the braking of Honda City is at least 15% - 20% better than the braking of Toyota Corolla.

    Suspension:
    - This is very obvious. Toyota Corolla offers much softer suspension than Honda City and one of the reasons why it's mostly preferred on bumpy roads. The difference I experience would be around 30% - 35% more softer suspension than Honda City.

    Cabin Sound:
    - Once again, Toyota takes the cake here. The cabin sound of Toyota Corolla is around 15% - 20% less than Honda City's due to the suspension differences.

    Engine Sound:
    - Honda City is a bit quieter than Toyota Corolla. The engine pretty much makes no sound at all. I'd say around 20% - 25% quieter than Toyota Corolla.

    Power Windows:
    - Honda City's power windows are around 10% - 15% louder than Toyota Corolla's.

    Transmission:
    - Pretty similar. Failed to spot any major differences.

    Acceleration:
    - Honda City due to its lightweight is pretty faster in terms of acceleration. While Toyota being an under-powered car is certainly not as good as Honda City when it comes to acceleration.

    Overall Driving Speed:
    - Even the Toyota Corolla owners would have accept it with a heavy heart that it's very under-powered. Reason being its weight / power ratio. The 1.3 VVTI engine simply isn't enough for a car like Toyota Corolla. However, Honda City is pretty lightweight and hence a bit faster than Toyota Corolla. I also drove a Toyota Corolla GLI 1.6 Automatic and that is really something when it comes to weight / power ratio.

    * A true story: I wanted to look for a used Toyota Corolla and I made a call to one of the owners selling his GLI in DAWN newspaper. I told him that I'd like to visit and have a look at his car, the moment I said that, he told me "Please also acknowledge that Toyota Corolla is very under-powered. You might wanna look for something else if you would like a car that is fast". I don't intend to offend anyone, I'm just sharing what I experienced and it is indeed a true story.

    The Drive on well carpeted roads:
    Honda City offers a bit more driving pleasure on properly carpeted roads than Toyota Corolla. Reason being its better handling, braking and acceleration.

    The Drive on bumpy roads:
    Toyota Corolla is a much better choice due to its softer suspension and minimal cabin sound. Honda City simply fails to provide any pleasure or comfort here.

    Exterior Build Quality:
    Toyota Corolla offers around 10% - 15% better build quality than Honda City.

    Ground Clearance:
    Toyota Corolla provides better ground clearance than Honda City.

    Turning Radius:
    While technically both of the car should offer the same turning radius but Toyota fails to do so. Honda City's turning is much easier than Toyota Corolla.

    Other factors:
    - I also noticed that Toyota Corolla has some very unnecessary width that makes it more likely to get dented and scratched in heavy traffic. Honda City however is a bit compact and hence a bit safer.
    - Toyota Corolla offers an extra brake light I'm not sure what it's called while Honda City doesn't.
    - Honda City offers a modern oil cap opening system by just a slight push while Toyota Corolla still offers the same old system operated through inside the car using a pull button.

    Resale Value:
    Toyota Corolla GLI is a hot cake when it comes to selling. Its resale value is pretty good while Honda City's resale value is not really impressive.

    Spare Parts:
    Honda City can be a bit more costly when it comes to spare parts while Toyota Corolla's spare parts are pretty cheap.

    Mileage:
    As I didn't drive both of these cars for too long, I would not comment on it except I've heard from the owners that Honda City provides better fuel consumption than Toyota Corolla.

    Durability:
    I can't simply make any comments here reason being that both of the Honda City and Toyota Corolla's new shapes are not very old in the market but this shouldn't be different just like most of the factors. You can simply find any 3 years old Honda City working perfectly just like any other 3 years old Toyota Corolla. It pretty much depends upon the owner whether he knows how to take care of a car or not.

    That's pretty much it. Once again, as I stated earlier I've tried my level best to deliver all my experience very honestly without favoring any of the cars regardless of any personal love or hate to any of the make or model. Any other input is warmly welcome. Hope I helped the people who are in the dilemma of choosing between these two!
    Thank you very much!




  2. #121
    PakWheeler Follow
    Haris.K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    207
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mohammadali_1 View Post
    Bhaio stop comparing:

    Two simple points from a road side guy made me stop thinking on what is better and what is not.

    he asked me two simple things:

    " KABHI KOI BARAAT HONDA CITY MEIN JATAY DEKI HAI?"
    کبھی کوی بارات ھنڈا سٹی میں جاتی دیکھی ھے؟

    and i said "no" kabhi nahi dekhi!
    tou he said what is the reason, because corolla is a much better car and has a better showoff value than any dammed dinky like city!

    and the other question was
    "Corolla ziyada chori hoti ya City?"

    i said
    "Corolla is stolen a hundred times more that city, city is hardly ever heard of being stolen"

    His reply was:
    "Yar City ko tou chor bhi nahi utatay aur aap khareednay ki soch rahay hou?"

    the punch line struck me hard
    "
    سٹی کو توچور بھی نھیں اٹھاتے "

    and i decided to go for corolla!


    baki jo log sirf iss liye city ko defend kertay hein because the own it, my advise is to sell it and buy a corolla, because when a city owners tells people that city is better than corolla he looks like a nerd to them!

    Aik kilo meter ziyada chalti hai
    iss ki drum wali brake corolla ki break say achi hay! (U wish! how can drums be better than disk)
    look at a city passing by, the sheer look of its tank visible under the bumper makes it look like crap!

    get a corolla, stop comparing!
    You would fit great as a children book story writer.

  3. #122
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rajahasnain92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Gujjar khan
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mohammadali_1 View Post
    Bhaio stop comparing:

    Two simple points from a road side guy made me stop thinking on what is better and what is not.

    he asked me two simple things:

    " KABHI KOI BARAAT HONDA CITY MEIN JATAY DEKI HAI?"
    کبھی کوی بارات ھنڈا سٹی میں جاتی دیکھی ھے؟

    and i said "no" kabhi nahi dekhi!
    tou he said what is the reason, because corolla is a much better car and has a better showoff value than any dammed dinky like city!

    and the other question was
    "Corolla ziyada chori hoti ya City?"

    i said
    "Corolla is stolen a hundred times more that city, city is hardly ever heard of being stolen"

    His reply was:
    "Yar City ko tou chor bhi nahi utatay aur aap khareednay ki soch rahay hou?"

    the punch line struck me hard
    "
    سٹی کو توچور بھی نھیں اٹھاتے "

    and i decided to go for corolla!


    baki jo log sirf iss liye city ko defend kertay hein because the own it, my advise is to sell it and buy a corolla, because when a city owners tells people that city is better than corolla he looks like a nerd to them!

    Aik kilo meter ziyada chalti hai
    iss ki drum wali brake corolla ki break say achi hay! (U wish! how can drums be better than disk)
    look at a city passing by, the sheer look of its tank visible under the bumper makes it look like crap!

    get a corolla, stop comparing!
    hahahahahahahahahahahhaahhaha lmao


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Some people need to open their small minds instead of their big mouths...

  4. #123
    PakWheeler Follow
    Nazirjunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default City/Corolla

    I am a great fan of Honda City (well,I was before...)
    I owned 2 generations of Honda City
    1:-2004 Idsi
    2:-2010 I vtec.
    I loved them both in their times as there were no possible match of them available in the market (at least according to me).
    Now I am pretty confused as I am willing to buy a new car.
    When I heard about the launch of 6th generation of city I got excited and sat and started waiting for it since dcember 13 to now.Honda said they will launch it in the start of 2014 then slided to mid an then end of 2014 and then January 2015 and then they said at the last of 2015.
    Yesterday I called Honda official helpline they said they have no plan to launch 6th gen city in Pakistan till the end of 2017 or the start of 2018 as they are earning more than 3 billion per year without any investment (2013-2014-2015) as the sale of honda MMC 2014 was a blind success. Honda undergoes the investment of move than 7 billion for the launch of new model in Pakistan.
    Honda's motive is now only earning money, not the customer's satisfaction.
    Honda sold their 5th generation for more than 7 SEVEN years an will continue for 2 or 3 more years so total becomes almost 10 (TEN) f*****g years of their money earning/grabbing.This is unbelievable and ridiculous.
    WTF

    Sorry for dragging you guys into this long detailed discussion.

    Now the thing I am here to discuss is....

    1:- I am looking for toyota prius that comes
    used (imported) and over 50000 to 100000
    kms driven. 2012=20 lacs almost
    2:- Toyota corolla Gli 1.3 automatic that at
    least came in new shape and model
    + 1:- New shape
    2:-good design
    3:-fuel efficient cvt (as I heard)
    4:-road grip and a bit high
    comfort level
    5:-cheap spare parts
    6:-tough on Pakistani roads

    - 1:-costly
    2:-Less angine power than city
    3:-Less acceleration ....
    4:-Less control

    2015=18.5 lacs almost

    3:-And Honda city aspire 1.5 auto
    + 1:- Good milage
    2:- Nice price
    3:-MMCs (remote with keys,blue
    Speedometer light etc)
    4:-Fully loded package
    (Alloy,Navi,fog,leather)

    - 1- 7 year old model
    2- Still MMCs
    3- Prosmetec (not a good fuel
    Saving than gli's cvt)

    2015=1800000

    Both City 1.5 auto) and Corolla 1.3 (auto)
    give 12-16

    My favours are with gli but there are many
    spaces in the minor and good price of
    City
    I AM TOTALLY CONFUSED WHICH ONE TO BUY PLEASE GIVE ME A RIGHT SUGGESTION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

    Regards:
    Umar Nazir

  5. #124
    PakWheeler Follow
    h4tEbr33d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    95
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    what is up with this auto obsession? does no one drive a manual anymore?

  6. #125
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    usama1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nazirjunior View Post
    I am a great fan of Honda City (well,I was before...)
    I owned 2 generations of Honda City
    1:-2004 Idsi
    2:-2010 I vtec.
    I loved them both in their times as there were no possible match of them available in the market (at least according to me).
    Now I am pretty confused as I am willing to buy a new car.
    When I heard about the launch of 6th generation of city I got excited and sat and started waiting for it since dcember 13 to now.Honda said they will launch it in the start of 2014 then slided to mid an then end of 2014 and then January 2015 and then they said at the last of 2015.
    Yesterday I called Honda official helpline they said they have no plan to launch 6th gen city in Pakistan till the end of 2017 or the start of 2018 as they are earning more than 3 billion per year without any investment (2013-2014-2015) as the sale of honda MMC 2014 was a blind success. Honda undergoes the investment of move than 7 billion for the launch of new model in Pakistan.
    Honda's motive is now only earning money, not the customer's satisfaction.
    Honda sold their 5th generation for more than 7 SEVEN years an will continue for 2 or 3 more years so total becomes almost 10 (TEN) f*****g years of their money earning/grabbing.This is unbelievable and ridiculous.
    WTF

    Sorry for dragging you guys into this long detailed discussion.

    Now the thing I am here to discuss is....

    1:- I am looking for toyota prius that comes
    used (imported) and over 50000 to 100000
    kms driven. 2012=20 lacs almost
    2:- Toyota corolla Gli 1.3 automatic that at
    least came in new shape and model
    + 1:- New shape
    2:-good design
    3:-fuel efficient cvt (as I heard)
    4:-road grip and a bit high
    comfort level
    5:-cheap spare parts
    6:-tough on Pakistani roads

    - 1:-costly
    2:-Less angine power than city
    3:-Less acceleration ....
    4:-Less control

    2015=18.5 lacs almost

    3:-And Honda city aspire 1.5 auto
    + 1:- Good milage
    2:- Nice price
    3:-MMCs (remote with keys,blue
    Speedometer light etc)
    4:-Fully loded package
    (Alloy,Navi,fog,leather)

    - 1- 7 year old model
    2- Still MMCs
    3- Prosmetec (not a good fuel
    Saving than gli's cvt)

    2015=1800000

    Both City 1.5 auto) and Corolla 1.3 (auto)
    give 12-16

    My favours are with gli but there are many
    spaces in the minor and good price of
    City
    I AM TOTALLY CONFUSED WHICH ONE TO BUY PLEASE GIVE ME A RIGHT SUGGESTION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

    Regards:
    Umar Nazir
    I am sorry if you disagree but the fact is Corolla should be compared with Civic not with city.There is a clear difference of class between city n corolla...Moreover the shape n size of corolla smokes away Tiny and childish looking city. I never own corolla rather owned 16 civics, accords and city from last 22 years but new shape corolla is an absolute pleasure to have in ir garage...My vote goes to Corolla for sure.

  7. #126
    PakWheeler Follow
    shabbir.53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    63
    Posts
    686
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Two very important points which should have been mentioned here are:
    1. Comparative pricing of spare parts and consumables, i.e. filters, etc. Cheap for Corolla, more expensive for City.
    2. Probability of theft: very high for Corolla, almost negligible for City.


    However, I disagree that Corolla should be compared with Civic. They are a class apart. Air Force Air Marshall's travel in Civic not in Corolla, it is beneath their class.

  8. #127
    PakWheeler Follow
    Nazirjunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    CVT changed the whole game as its is more fuel effecient and performance effecient than Manual.
    As well as things change.People need luxury and more comfort.
    ( MEN WANT MORE )

  9. #128
    PakWheeler Follow
    Nazirjunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Information about CVT n Manual
    Visit this link.
    https://www.fix.com/blog/manual-vs-a...transmissions/

  10. #129
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    usama1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shabbir233 View Post
    Two very important points which should have been mentioned here are:
    1. Comparative pricing of spare parts and consumables, i.e. filters, etc. Cheap for Corolla, more expensive for City.
    2. Probability of theft: very high for Corolla, almost negligible for City.


    However, I disagree that Corolla should be compared with Civic. They are a class apart. Air Force Air Marshall's travel in Civic not in Corolla, it is beneath their class.
    Lolzzz....bhai jan corolla and civic are compatitor all over the world....who knows city??? Air Marshals are not the yard stick to guage the quality or compatibility of a car.However for your kind info Air Marshalls are Authorized for 1800 cc or below car which shohld be local assembled, now the decision is being done on AHQ level which car to buy either Corolla 1.8 or Civic 1.8, eventually they buy which suits them.If u know a bit about aif force Transport system, They have also stop buying city, instead Corolla Gli are being added in MT sqns.

  11. #130
    PakWheeler Follow
    shabbir.53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    63
    Posts
    686
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    In USA and Europe, both cars come with 1800 cc + engine, so you can compare, but you cant compare 1800 with 1300.

    Go to the motorway and see how 1300 cc are struggling at 120-130 km/hr speed and with what ease the 1800 cc are going at 140-150 or more.

  12. #131
    PakWheeler Follow
    h4tEbr33d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    95
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nazirjunior View Post
    Information about CVT n Manual
    Visit this link.
    https://www.fix.com/blog/manual-vs-a...transmissions/
    also read article about which is more fun and which has better drivers... as far as fuel efficiency is concerned, a hyper miler can beat the hell of out any automatic... more fun and better to drive...

  13. #132
    Newbie Follow
    azhar.hussain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Nice Views to help out ppl

  14. #133
    Newbie Follow
    daniyalchaudry69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Which one is the best ? Honda i.vtec or toyota corolla xli of new model 2016

  15. #134
    PakWheeler Follow
    javedkhan2us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Honda City is a better option cimpare to Xli.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •