Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question buying car on installment

dear forum mates,

i seek your opinion and suggestion that i want to buy a new car 800cc or 1000cc for brother

on installment.

which one you prefer and suggest as if in my place?

and if possible which one financing is at lowest?

travel requirements : max 50 km a day (home to office travel)
    thank you for your valuable comments and suggestions

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Junaid92 View Post
    I wanted to buy a Liana as I like it and was in the budget but EVERYONE I know told me not to. Expensive spare parts + bad fuel average.
    You were told the opposite. Its spare parts are damn cheap these days as it is considered as a flop car. I bought its engine assembly in 17000r.s what else you expect??? I bet you can't buy Mehran's engine in this price. About fuel consumption, it will not be wrong if I say it is second most fuel efficient local car after City. I own it & I know what I am saying. It all depends on what you have bought & how you have maintained it. Is it bad if you get 11-13 Km/ltr in city & 16.5-17 Km/ltr on long on Patrol & 180-200 Km within city on 60Kg CNG cylinder from a 1328cc sedan??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AsadGhumman View Post
    You were told the opposite. Its spare parts are damn cheap these days as it is considered as a flop car. I bought its engine assembly in 17000r.s what else you expect??? I bet you can't buy Mehran's engine in this price. About fuel consumption, it will not be wrong if I say it is second most fuel efficient local car after City. I own it & I know what I am saying. It all depends on what you have bought & how you have maintained it. Is it bad if you get 11-13 Km/ltr in city & 16.5-17 Km/ltr on long on Patrol & 180-200 Km within city on 60Kg CNG cylinder from a 1328cc sedan??
    You are the first person I am hearing this from. For some reason, everyone I talked to about Liana told me not to buy it. I, myself, like the car quite a lot. The shape and interior is quite good with a 1.3 DOHC engine. The availability and the price of spare parts usually determine if the car is a "market car" and if what you say is true, why its the cheapest sedan in used? :/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if u have a budget of 800k u can easily get a good liana,, but it would be too good if u go for cultus,, in ur price range u can get a sooper dooper cool cultus 2008 modle,, n also may be 09 modle,, it has cheaper maitainace nd good resale plus good economy
    every man sleeps 1/3 part of a day,, if he makes ABLUTION before sleeping, 1/3rd of his life will be counted as virtue

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Junaid92 View Post
    You are the first person I am hearing this from. For some reason, everyone I talked to about Liana told me not to buy it. I, myself, like the car quite a lot. The shape and interior is quite good with a 1.3 DOHC engine. The availability and the price of spare parts usually determine if the car is a "market car" and if what you say is true, why its the cheapest sedan in used? :/
    I m guiding u as per my personal experience & not miss guiding through suni sunae baten. It failed becz of extremely retarded after sales service by suziki 3s. You cannot scan & tune it using an ordinary obd scanner like other cars rather Liana can only be scanned by Suzuki properitory software which is with 3s & their staff is usually not trained enough. So the car failed. Now even its spares are very very cheap & many mechanics know its working but the bad impression of initial years is still haunting this unfortunate sedan.

There are other minor issues also like its ground clearance is not that good, driver visibility is poor, cabin is a bit noisy as compared to city or xli, ignition coils are not well protected & hence may go bad if engine bay is washed, ff cng kit if gets disturbed may give horrible cng consumption etc.
    But look at the overall package that u get in this budget i.e. A fully powered sedan with good trunk space, very very comfortable drive, immobilzer security system hence least prone to theft, highly fuel economical but powerful engine consumption almost same as cultus.

I would suggest u to check market rate of its spare parts like front bumper liwer arm bushings, kabli axles etc then take test drives of few cars & then decide urself. All the best

Sent from my SGH-I757M using PW Forums mobile app
    ~~~ "Some complain that roses have thorns, others rejoice that thorns have roses" ~~~ "Nine-tenths of wisdom is being wise on time....Theodore Roosevelt" ~~~

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No harm in leasing a car. I leased a car in July 2004, its price was 849,000, I paid about 300,000 rupees interest+insurance during the five-year lease-financing period. After five year the same car was for 1,300,000.

If I had started saving the money for five years, I could never buy a new car as the prices keep rising and one always spends the savings on other things.

So for five years, I had the peace of mind as was driving a brand new car, fully insured just on the down payment of 223,000 (including one year full insurance).

Now after nine years I can sell this car for 1,050,000-1,100,000 in a matter of hours.

Who says leasing is a pain?

If you can afford the monthly installment there is nothing better than it.

Used cars are mostly problematic, you will be lucky if you get a clean trouble-free used car.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think most people who are against leasing either got in trouble by buying a used car which was still leased, and it turned into a fraud or probably couldn't pay the monthly installments and their car got taken away.

Anyways, for OP, Suzuki is discontinuing Liana Vurv and all Lianas that are available. They are giving them on interest free lease, so basically you just have to pay 4.85 lac, and you drive away the same day with the car
    The rest is split up in 12 months, so if you do pay the minimum of 4.85, you will pay approx. 83,500 per month for a whole year.
    No interest, brand new car. Downside, Liana is a great car, but it has lost it's name back in the days, so resale is slooooooow.

Leasing ain't that bad, i rather invest my money in my business, than spend it all at once buying a car.
    Sometimes you can even end the lease in 1 year depending on how your business goes
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Corolla xli may be gli 2007
    In our area I can see any here available for sale and will tell you

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I m guiding u as per my personal experience & not miss guiding through suni sunae baten. It failed becz of extremely retarded after sales service by suziki 3s. You cannot scan & tune it using an ordinary obd scanner like other cars rather Liana can only be scanned by Suzuki properitory software which is with 3s & their staff is usually not trained enough. So the car failed. Now even its spares are very very cheap & many mechanics know its working but the bad impression of initial years is still haunting this unfortunate sedan.

There are other minor issues also like its ground clearance is not that good, driver visibility is poor, cabin is a bit noisy as compared to city or xli, ignition coils are not well protected & hence may go bad if engine bay is washed, ff cng kit if gets disturbed may give horrible cng consumption etc.
    But look at the overall package that u get in this budget i.e. A fully powered sedan with good trunk space, very very comfortable drive, immobilzer security system hence least prone to theft, highly fuel economical but powerful engine consumption almost same as cultus.

I would suggest u to check market rate of its spare parts like front bumper liwer arm bushings, kabli axles etc then take test drives of few cars & then decide urself. All the best

@ Asadghumman

I extremely appreciate you, very un biased and correct analysis and advice...well done once again...

Sent from my A8 using PW Forums mobile app

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No luck my friend rolla is now 1100k

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thankyou every one for sharing there indepth experience and knowledge.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Your suggestion of Liana Year Model

I am at the same stage n have 8 lac of budget. I preferred Liana for the same reasons you mentioned, that its cheap, has back trunk, low fuel cost (if CNG is installed till its availability), nice interior, chilled AC, Power Window etc. I prefer it over cultus (bcoz its cheaper and its SEDAN) and japanese cars (bcoz no tension of spare parts and CNG installation). BUT, Every one say Dont buy it probably because its not a Market car i.e hard to sell out. I also heard that 2008 and newer are better as they have *injectors* installed (I dont know what it mean, frankly), 2006 model has problem in self. I also heard that in case of Liana only 2 out of 10 car would possible be worth buying, i.e. most of them are not good. So a guy like me most likely to get a junk.

What model would you guys suggest and how much truth I heard? :-)

One more thing, Whats the difference between Liana RXI and LXI?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if u do go for installments just keep one thing in mind that u'll have to pay lots of interest on it n i dont think price of all cars wud go up n even if they do,that wud be of new car n not of urs which will be 1/3/5 yr old by then

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I preffer buying mehran or even motor cycle rather then going for car loan from banks in pakistan... Alooot of interest huhhh

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    Wasif Qayyum / Emaar Business Park, Building no.4, Office 505, Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai, U.A.E

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhai jaan the way our rupee is losing its value, soon (in a couple of years) you will say that it was nothing, cars were lot cheaper in 2013 and leasing too.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    Bhai jaan the way our rupee is losing its value, soon (in a couple of years) you will say that it was nothing, cars were lot cheaper in 2013 and leasing too.
    inflation n devaluation of currency is true but say some1 leased a reborn n paid 3lac interest to say n then 5 years later 9th gen released but price of vti oriel pros with reg wud round to around 25lac so its 9th gen with this price but not 8th gen,n some1 who bought 8th gen will have a 5yr old car n now with new model its price will be even more less,

so i'd say avoid installments to op if he can get something on cash,hypothetically one will end up paying 10-12lac for the price of 7lac mehran n 5yr later it will be sold for 4-5lac

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    inflation n devaluation of currency is true but say some1 leased a reborn n paid 3lac interest to say n then 5 years later 9th gen released but price of vti oriel pros with reg wud round to around 25lac so its 9th gen with this price but not 8th gen,n some1 who bought 8th gen will have a 5yr old car n now with new model its price will be even more less,

so i'd say avoid installments to op if he can get something on cash,hypothetically one will end up paying 10-12lac for the price of 7lac mehran n 5yr later it will be sold for 4-5lac
    Bhai saab why do you forget that you can drive a brand new car with just 20 percent down payment, you pay interest because you enjoy the new car which you could not afford in the first place.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    Bhai saab why do you forget that you can drive a brand new car with just 20 percent down payment, you pay interest because you enjoy the new car which you could not afford in the first place.
    i guess it comes to one's preferences then,u prefer to pay lots of interest,interest rates were also high for leasing cars,dont know the current ones

also OP has limited budget,he dont want a mehran n he cant buy any other in his budget,as for used cars,it was bank policy that they will lease a maximum of 5yr old car which means again not many choices

btw do u work in any bank?for those who work in bank n prefer to buy on installments wont b a shock since they have very low interest rates

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No I do not work for a bank, but despite the high interest rates I got a new car and paid full installments which I could not afford otherwise. Tell me anything in Pakistan which is not overpriced?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well i also leased a car n paid all installments n lots of interest n then it got stolen n i got 29% back of what i paid from insurance
    even if it was never going to be stolen still according to the market price i wud have lost easily 3lacs khair i agree with ur point about owning a new car esp which u cant afford to own all on cash but downside is heavy interest payments thats why this time instead of installments we tried n bought a car on cash

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What is interest rate on car financing currently?

-------------------------------------
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...-get-connected
    -------------------------------------
    Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List