Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By talhabinomar
  • 1 Post By aakbar
  • 1 Post By Busyvish
  • 2 Post By tahausmani

Thread: Need help with aspire

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Busyvish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    21
    Posts
    101
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Need help with aspire

    A few months ago i opened a thread asking what to buy. With the helpfull suggestion from u guys i decided upon city aspire manual polish metallic .personal preference is still civic reborn though 0.
    Well tomorow i am finally gonna go and pick up my ride from dealer.
    Now i need some help.
    I have heard that the stock tires arent any good. What would your recommendation be.
    Second
    i own a aftermarket sound system that i previously used in my corolla. I want to stick to that one.where should i go to get it installed in karachi.

    Third
    One of my friends owned a vitz. The windows that car had installed on it were .....well different.
    One could see outside from the windows but the people on the outside werent able to see the inside. Any guesses as to what they were and is int feaseble to get them on my car. I asked him about them but he didnt knew anything


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    talhabinomar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,470
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    If the company has fitted eurostar tyres then go for any good reputed brand tyres for your new car.
    Well in the case of Vitz the windows are tinted factory default and for city you will have to tint it. I do not know much about tinting. it is good for you to read some threads available at pw.
    Last but not least, CONGRATULATIONS on your purchase.

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    Busyvish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    21
    Posts
    101
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thank u
    I did go through forums abd did custom searches as well couldnt grasp anything


    Sent from my LT22i using PW Forums mobile app

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    aakbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    927
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    You can always change the tyres. However, Eurostar isn't as bad as General tyres and you probably can use it for 25k kms if you don't drive your car at high speeds or harshly.

    Do check with Honda guys if they will honor the warranty if you install your aftermarket sound system. Remember, if you make any alterations in the wiring of the car, your warranty would be void. If this is something you can live with, then its installation isn't really any rocket science.

    Interesting point. I'm also kinda thinking about it as I've both Vitz and City. The tinted glass make the vitz lot more comfy during the summer. Just an idea, you might be able to buy Vitz (or any other car's) glass which is tinted during manufacturing and see if those fit in the City's window bays with minor cutting or tweaking. You would probably need some jugaard. Otherwise I hate that paper tint available with road side car decoration type shops, not to mention the police who won't leave a chance to bug you on every road barrier in Islamabad.

    Congrats for your new ride.

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    Busyvish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    21
    Posts
    101
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aakbar View Post
    You can always change the tyres. However, Eurostar isn't as bad as General tyres and you probably can use it for 25k kms if you don't drive your car at high speeds or harshly.

    Do check with Honda guys if they will honor the warranty if you install your aftermarket sound system. Remember, if you make any alterations in the wiring of the car, your warranty would be void. If this is something you can live with, then its installation isn't really any rocket science.

    Interesting point. I'm also kinda thinking about it as I've both Vitz and City. The tinted glass make the vitz lot more comfy during the summer. Just an idea, you might be able to buy Vitz (or any other car's) glass which is tinted during manufacturing and see if those fit in the City's window bays with minor cutting or tweaking. You would probably need some jugaard. Otherwise I hate that paper tint available with road side car decoration type shops, not to mention the police who won't leave a chance to bug you on every road barrier in Islamabad.

    Congrats for your new ride.
    If I can use it for 25k I think ill stick to these tyres for a while
    About the sound system can I get the honda guys to install it for me. I remember the guy at honda sales center said sonething like ill have a mechanic arranged for u who will install it,dont know about the warranty though.

    As for tints too hate that black paper. Police is fine but here in hyd the guys who stop us are pakistan ARMY.the have us rip out the entire paper then and there.
    If I dont get my hands on what I am looking for ill have to settle for visors or window covers

    Sent from my LT22i using PW Forums mobile app

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    bradpit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,064
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Busyvish View Post
    If I can use it for 25k I think ill stick to these tyres for a while
    About the sound system can I get the honda guys to install it for me. I remember the guy at honda sales center said sonething like ill have a mechanic arranged for u who will install it,dont know about the warranty though.

    As for tints too hate that black paper. Police is fine but here in hyd the guys who stop us are pakistan ARMY.the have us rip out the entire paper then and there.
    If I dont get my hands on what I am looking for ill have to settle for visors or window covers

    Sent from my LT22i using PW Forums mobile app

    Brother if you will be upgrading to Reborn then do not spend anything on tyres and audio system.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    Busyvish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    21
    Posts
    101
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bradpit View Post
    Brother if you will be upgrading to Reborn then do not spend anything on tyres and audio system.
    No brother I wont be upgrading to reborn.
    The mention of reborn was done to state that I would prefer it any day over city.
    Regretfully I am not allowed to buy it.
    Sent from my LT22i using PW Forums mobile app

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Vajih102's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,339
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Eurostars are a product ov General Tyre but somehow in my case, they've proved to be much much better than the General Tyres we used to see ten years ago.

    Bro's Cultus came with Euros in August 2009 and worked perfectly fine till he got them changed at 45000km (mileage noted) in August 2012. He got them changed ONLY because his office paid for them.

    Congrats on your new purchase. Do share your experiences with us!

    Sent from my Sony Xperia U using PW Forums mobile app

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    Busyvish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    21
    Posts
    101
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vajih102 View Post
    Eurostars are a product ov General Tyre but somehow in my case, they've proved to be much much better than the General Tyres we used to see ten years ago.

    Bro's Cultus came with Euros in August 2009 and worked perfectly fine till he got them changed at 45000km (mileage noted) in August 2012. He got them changed ONLY because his office paid for them.

    Congrats on your new purchase. Do share your experiences with us!

    Sent from my Sony Xperia U using PW Forums mobile app
    With the feedback I am recieving
    Ill be sticking to eurostars atleast while the car is in my personal usage(3-5k kms)
    Now if only some1 could guide me on window tints......

    Sent from my LT22i using PW Forums mobile app

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    bradpit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,064
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Busyvish View Post
    No brother I wont be upgrading to reborn.
    The mention of reborn was done to state that I would prefer it any day over city.
    Regretfully I am not allowed to buy it.
    Sent from my LT22i using PW Forums mobile app
    Brother Eurostar tyres are pathetic at best.

    You will get Dunlop Lemans LM703 195/60 R15 for 7,000 / piece.

    If you have budget then go for Goodyear Duraplus or Michelin XM2 both will cost you around 9,000/ piece.

    You will get the OEM Honda DVD navigation for 30K in used or get a new one from Honda but the sound quality is only average.

    For good sound you should get a Pioneer 7550SD with front Pioneer D1720C components and rear Pioneer D1602 speakers will also cost u around 30K but sound will be 10 times better.

    Afterwards u can upgrade to Pioneer 310 Subwoofer and GM6400 AMP for another 15K or Add Pioneer 1550 DVD screen.

    You can get all sorts of good tints at Tariq Road but the original 3M tint of 0 shade will cost you somewhere around 20,000.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    Busyvish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    21
    Posts
    101
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bradpit View Post
    Brother Eurostar tyres are pathetic at best.

    You will get Dunlop Lemans LM703 195/60 R15 for 7,000 / piece.

    If you have budget then go for Goodyear Duraplus or Michelin XM2 both will cost you around 9,000/ piece.

    You will get the OEM Honda DVD navigation for 30K in used or get a new one from Honda but the sound quality is only average.

    For good sound you should get a Pioneer 7550SD with front Pioneer D1720C components and rear Pioneer D1602 speakers will also cost u around 30K but sound will be 10 times better.

    Afterwards u can upgrade to Pioneer 310 Subwoofer and GM6400 AMP for another 15K or Add Pioneer 1550 DVD screen.

    You can get all sorts of good tints at Tariq Road but the original 3M tint of 0 shade will cost you somewhere around 20,000.
    The aspire comes with built-in multimedia and navigation system. I am gonna leave the navigation system there and dvd screen there. For sound I have a set of speakers from calicor I think not sure about the name at this time the sound is good though. Combined with pioneer w308D4 woofers and a nvc legend amplifier. My question was whether or not I can get the guys at honda install it for me.
    About thoes tyres
    Are u sure about the price of michellin tyres. I mean where I live the "MYTH" says.michellin are quite expensive, like 20k+ expensive

    Sent from my LT22i using PW Forums mobile app

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    bradpit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,064
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Busyvish View Post
    The aspire comes with built-in multimedia and navigation system. I am gonna leave the navigation system there and dvd screen there. For sound I have a set of speakers from calicor I think not sure about the name at this time the sound is good though. Combined with pioneer w308D4 woofers and a nvc legend amplifier. My question was whether or not I can get the guys at honda install it for me.
    About thoes tyres
    Are u sure about the price of michellin tyres. I mean where I live the "MYTH" says.michellin are quite expensive, like 20k+ expensive

    Sent from my LT22i using PW Forums mobile app
    Brother I told you the price of one tyre 4 tyres will definitively cost you 36K but they will serve the life of car approx 5 years or 75,000 KM easily if rotated properly.

    Honda people will never install a sound system other than OEM Honda navigation or charge too much.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    tahausmani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Congrats on your new car
    I received my Aspire 2 days back, the drive on stock Eurostar tyres was pathetic.
    It was very bumpy and even a pebble felt like a brick.
    Changed the tyres to Yokohama Adven db 185 65 15, costed me Rs 26000 with return of stock tyres.
    The ride is noticeably better now.
    That's my experience, rest is your choice

    Kind Regards

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    Busyvish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    21
    Posts
    101
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bradpit View Post
    Brother I told you the price of one tyre 4 tyres will definitively cost you 36K but they will serve the life of car approx 5 years or 75,000 KM easily if rotated properly.

    Honda people will never install a sound system other than OEM Honda navigation or charge too much.
    Well if I can get michellin in that range ill make sure I get then installed
    As for sound system I guess ill have to get it installed from tariq road or something

    Sent from my LT22i using PW Forums mobile app

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    bradpit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,064
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Busyvish View Post
    Well if I can get michellin in that range ill make sure I get then installed
    As for sound system I guess ill have to get it installed from tariq road or something

    Sent from my LT22i using PW Forums mobile app
    Brother go to Haroon Audio at main tariq road near Silk Bank they have good installers and genuine stuff.

    For tyres go to Noorani Kabab after Allah wali chowrangi at Tariq Road, KBS wheels and Tyre World have good tyres you have to bargain a lot though.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    Busyvish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    21
    Posts
    101
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bradpit View Post
    Brother go to Haroon Audio at main tariq road near Silk Bank they have good installers and genuine stuff.

    For tyres go to Noorani Kabab after Allah wali chowrangi at Tariq Road, KBS wheels and Tyre World have good tyres you have to bargain a lot though.
    Sure brother
    Ill pay them a visit as soon as I get my car. The guys at honda defence postponed my delivery date to thursday staying that the stock finished up or something so I am still waiting for MY car.

    Sent from my LT22i using PW Forums mobile app

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •