Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: Honda Civic 1.8 (latest shape) vs Toyota Prius 1.8 (latest shape)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question Honda Civic 1.8 (latest shape) vs Toyota Prius 1.8 (latest shape)

Salam everyone!

I am going to buy a new car for myself. As you all know that petrol price has gone up and it might become UN-affordable to keep a petrol car. also we can predict that hybrid cars will become very much common here as Toyota is launching Prius and Honda is launching CR-Z Hybrid in the end of this year. also the more common the car is, the more the backup. I am stuck between Honda Civic and Toyota Prius. I am very much impressed with the fuel efficiency of Prius, though i never drove it. but I am curious if it has the same or more acceleration than Honda civic? If yes than I would definitely go for Prius. Also please clear if Honda Civic has good fuel efficiency (obviously not better than Prius)? if the econ button has any advantage?

Please give comments on both cars (Drive, Comfort, Speed, Acceleration etc)
    Detailed answers will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Interesting debate.
    I compared prius with reborn.

Prius is economical.
    Prius runs well. Better than most people think.
    Routine maintenance isn't expensive.
    Body parts are expensive.
    Comfort is less than a reborn.
    Batteries do last longer and are not a problem in my view. Infact used battery imported from Dubai costs 70k in local market.

The only problem with prius currently is that it lacks technical support. If a technical thing comes up, you are screwed. Saw two faulty prius. One had a faulty water body and the other one wasn't starting.

Reborn was more comfortable.
    Reborn felt more stable.
    Routine maintenance is somewhat same.
    Some body parts are expensive and some cheaper than prius.

Japanese cars are no doubt better than locals but a new car is always new.

Tbere must not be any comparison between a used and new car.

Make your decision.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Seriously dudes ? you guys are comparing civic 1.8 with prius ? Hybrid vs fuel thirsty vehicle

Many People will just come in and always raise the points like yar batteries ka kharacha buhat hota hai , mechanic koi nahi hai , parts and maintenance is damn expensive and blah blah. Just ignore them

I don't know much about 1.8 civic as i haven't driven it but 2 things i know for sure is its back seats aren't comfortable and mileage is around 7-8km with light + heavy foot in city.
    When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if only mileage is the benchmark, buy a mehran. ppl buying 2.6 mil civics are generally not that concerned abt mileage...there is a joke abt prius that on the highway if u take ur hand out the window, the vehicle will turn...lolz and i havent made that up.. its a common joke in the US. ppl living there will concur.

use a jdm and then try selling it in the market, u will know the difference between JDM and PKDM. buying a car in Pakistan is a nightmare, it is a used car market where generally PKDMs out perform JDM or others.

a hybrid is an excellent concept but still needs refinement and it is in process. plus adding the lack of technical expertise is blow. ppl in pakistan are not generally used to visit dealerships very often and are used to get their cars repaired from local mechanics. to allow hybrids to make a place, first u need to change the culture here.
    Whenever a bird shits on my car, I eat a plate of scrambled eggs on my front porch just to let them know what I'm capable of...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by c4capricorn View Post
    if only mileage is the benchmark, buy a mehran. ppl buying 2.6 mil civics are generally not that concerned abt mileage...there is a joke abt prius that on the highway if u take ur hand out the window, the vehicle will turn...lolz and i havent made that up.. its a common joke in the US. ppl living there will concur.

use a jdm and then try selling it in the market, u will know the difference between JDM and PKDM. buying a car in Pakistan is a nightmare, it is a used car market where generally PKDMs out perform JDM or others.

a hybrid is an excellent concept but still needs refinement and it is in process. plus adding the lack of technical expertise is blow. ppl in pakistan are not generally used to visit dealerships very often and are used to get their cars repaired from local mechanics. to allow hybrids to make a place, first u need to change the culture here.
    Yet again you presented a wrong theory by saying if a person has a 2.5 Million car then fuel won't be a problem for him... fuel isn't getting cheaper now a days and yeah i am a ex 8th gen civic owner so i know how it feels to get your car refueled weekly.

The thing about prius is that you can get mileage + comfort level with your mind at ease.

About resale factor , please stop this crap as most of the times car like prius sells like hot cake if it's portrayed clearly,i've seen alot of vitz go in profit.

Civic is no doubt a good car and i'll go for it anyday if my choices are limited till PKDM cars, on the other hand prius 2010 model isn't that old to get in official abuse category.
    When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro pleaseee... support ur comments with technical data or dont comment.....fuel economy vs looks vs value of money is relative. at pakwheels, we discuss pros and cons in general.

If u want to buy a 2010 used hybrid for 2.6mil which is generally half the price in actual (2010 prius is sold between 11-15k USD in Japan auctions where as a lower grade is imported by the dealers in majority), have no warranty, is an electrical nightmare if a problem arises, with almost zero technical assistance available in the country, u are more than welcome to buy it.

As I always say, Its peace of mind that counts, if I am paying 2.6 mil of my hard earned money, I will ensure the car is new, is under warranty and has sufficient technical support to prevent any crisis. try getting a JDM insured and u will know. Else if I have to pay that much money for a used car, I will save some more and get a german since now a days even Audi has technical support in Pakistan.

Let toyota launch the prius here than I will be more than happy to buy a new Prius but for not more than 1.7-1.9 mil coz thats what the car worth.
    Whenever a bird shits on my car, I eat a plate of scrambled eggs on my front porch just to let them know what I'm capable of...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

very interesting debate going on here
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

u can import new civic hybrid 1500cc same shape as current new civic....check this link Honda Civic Hybrid, an ideal solution of environmentally-friendly vehicles
    My lugnuts require more torque than your Vtec can put out...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

an interesting thing abt PKDM Honda Civic 2011.

During the last heavy rainfall, my tenant drove his 2011 civic oriel in waist deep water near clifton. partially submerged and standing still for a full 20 minutes, water ran into the engine mixing with oil. hurriedly trying to get out of the water, unfortunately hit the concrete footpath at almost 40kmph (****** he is). since he used excessive force to get out of the situation, imagine the following factors;

1- waist deep rain water already causing resistance for the vehicle to drive.
    2- Massive power loss due to water mixed with engine oil.
    3- unable to see, drove the car right on the footpath damaging the lower chamber leaking the oil and subsequent engine failure.

had to tow the car to honda shahra-e-faisal. upon inspection, it revealed a broken piston rod on 4th cylinder damaging the block. estimate was obtained. Honda quoted 210,000/- PKR for repairs with complete replacement of engine block. Now interestingly, new block was not in inventory so honda imported one from Japan via air shipment which landed in Lahore for engraving of engine number. in the mean time, all the related parts were replaced. upon receiving the engine block from lahore, honda shahra-e-faisal assembled the engine, fitted it in and the car is ready. Alongside they did complete interior cleaning.

so what the owner got, a completely new engine block with new pistons and all. complete technical support with all parts.

Now just think ur hybrid in such a scenario standing in knee-deep water. what will happen if all the electricals are fried up? will u have any technical support? u might procure the parts from abroad but who will assemble them to perfection?

think logically. and btw, insurance covered 80% of the expenses

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

an interesting thing abt PKDM Honda Civic 2011.

During the last heavy rainfall, my tenant drove his 2011 civic oriel in waist deep water near clifton. partially submerged and standing still for a full 20 minutes, water ran into the engine mixing with oil. hurriedly trying to get out of the water, unfortunately hit the concrete footpath at almost 40kmph (****** he is). since he used excessive force to get out of the situation, imagine the following factors;

1- waist deep rain water already causing resistance for the vehicle to drive.
    2- Massive power loss due to water mixed with engine oil.
    3- unable to see, drove the car right on the footpath damaging the lower chamber leaking the oil and subsequent engine failure.

had to tow the car to honda shahra-e-faisal. upon inspection, it revealed a broken piston rod on 4th cylinder damaging the block. estimate was obtained. Honda quoted 210,000/- PKR for repairs with complete replacement of engine block. Now interestingly, new block was not in inventory so honda imported one from Japan via air shipment which landed in Lahore for engraving of engine number. in the mean time, all the related parts were replaced. upon receiving the engine block from lahore, honda shahra-e-faisal assembled the engine, fitted it in and the car is ready. Alongside they did complete interior cleaning.

so what the owner got, a completely new engine block with new pistons and all. complete technical support with all parts.

Now just think ur hybrid in such a scenario standing in knee-deep water. what will happen if all the electricals are fried up? will u have any technical support? u might procure the parts from abroad but who will assemble them to perfection?

think logically. and btw, insurance covered 80% of the expenses
    Please note that the air cleaner pipe is fitted right next to left front tyre. You need not go into waist deep water. Half a tyre inside water is enough for a reborn to have a seized engine.
    Water flows from that pipe to your engine. Some people who know about it cut the pipe's length a little to avoid water getting inside.

There have been lots of engine seizures of reborn (reported) due to this blunder.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

not sure but does bmw mercedes and prado's have technical support here?
    there is a shop named nazir autos here in islamabad which is full of these cars always whenever i go there,so i assume that they can fix these jdm's as well then?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

shahnawaz is providing support for mercedes. Toyota at certain dealerships providing for Prado and dewan is providing for BMWs.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon_Tarar View Post
    Please note that the air cleaner pipe is fitted right next to left front tyre. You need not go into waist deep water. Half a tyre inside water is enough for a reborn to have a seized engine.
    Water flows from that pipe to your engine. Some people who know about it cut the pipe's length a little to avoid water getting inside.

There have been lots of engine seizures of reborn (reported) due to this blunder.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Agreed. I was also advised to remove resonator box to avoid this issue placed in the tyre shield near left front tyre.. Sound of car is slightly increased on high rpm's but no issue of water going inside the engine.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abdullah1 View Post
    Interesting thread, I'll reply in karta since I have first hand experience and am an importer of the Prius.

Bhaijaan it's a hybrid for heavens sake...?Lol to that.

Drive one some day and then take that ivtec to atlas asking what went wrong.

Ever driven a Prius? No

It smoke the civic like peanuts any day the 1.8 one.

1.5 also gives a tough fight, as for It making to the list of slowest cars those societies have benchmarks such as Aston martins bentleys and what not.

Yahan ya corolla ya civic.

Now coming back to the topic, I blight my first Prius a year ago, today I have three of these.

All people saying mantainece is expensive not available etc. batteries cost waghera, no apologies but they don't know #^+* about it.

Suni sunai logon ke bass agay Batai jal.

Sincere and first hand information:

It's made by Toyota not Chang Hong ruba nothing happens to the batteries or the car itself that soon.

The car drives for 900kma roughly in a tank with full Ac and a heavy foot. Hypermiling makes it cross 1000kms too.

Maintainence is easy and to the point, oil filter air filter oil, shocks are same as corolla, so are a few other things.

Things to look for, it needs a computerised scan a few months, but all cars these days do.

Batteries are made to last forever, use google along with brains it'll help for people who are always saying no parts batteries etc etc.

Drop me a pm whatever part u want and I'll get u; parts are expensive but new civic parts aren't cheap either.

Acceleration and braking is a class apart, traction and VSC make it very stable.

If one is okay with the shape of the Prius, civic or altis aren't even competition.

It isn't even the same price tag in the world and for people saying used JDM Etc, guys a 0 civic's center arm rest squeaks when presses it. Who are we kidding are PKDM cars having any sort of quality?

Japanese make the highest quality cars for their domestic market, in the end as they say once JDM always JDM.

Japani gari chalanay walay wapis nahin ata Pakistani pe.

If u have a good budget try buying a panoramic version it'll be very techy and nice to have. You'd also have the sunroof that way.

I do have a few cars on port and on the way u can hit me back here if u like since my PM doesn't work.

But wherever u buy it from, just get a clean genuine car and it shouldn't hurt u another 4-5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums mobile app

for God sake bro !!!!!! you your self said you are importer of PRIUS this clearly shows

"you are trying to polish your bussines" lolx
    vtec roxx!!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if ppl dont mind importing other ppls trash, what can i say..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if ppl dont mind importing other ppls trash, what can i say..
    I'll appreciate if you'll stick to the topic and keep your hatred aside. Not every dealer/importer is a scam.

Plus, Can some one confirm if civic has all 4 auto windows or just driver window has auto feature ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Cr33D View Post
    I'll appreciate if you'll stick to the topic and keep your hatred aside. Not every dealer/importer is a scam.

Plus, Can some one confirm if civic has all 4 auto windows or just driver window has auto feature ?
    Only driver auto

Sent from my GT-N7100
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no matter if the importer is not a thief, still u have to pay heavy taxes for a car that does not deserve that price tag...prius is sold 11-15k usd in actions being sold around 25k usd... whats that? a used car with unknown service history being imported by just seeing a picture on the internet??? thats not hatred my friend, thats common sense.

u know what makes ppl buy a JDM? a false satisfaction that japanese roads are smooth as silk, the car is driven very carefully in japan, the fuel quality if awesome and things like that. well TBH, there are redneck drivers everywhere and the amount of traffic in japan is horrifying. rougly a car is jammed up in traffic running on idle as much as 40% of its life in japan. u can google the stats. v as pakistanis have a approach to see every other nation as superior than us hence we dont hesitate importing stuff...even if they send u trash...

Russia alone sent back over 930 radiation contaminated cars (the fukushima reactor accident) back to japan. do we have any method to check radiation contamination on ur ports??? do u have any idea how this can lead to horrifying results?

sit back and calmly think abt the pros n cons of the imported jdm vehicles beside the price factor. u will find answers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ansarz View Post
    Salam everyone!

I am going to buy a new car for myself. As you all know that petrol price has gone up and it might become UN-affordable to keep a petrol car. also we can predict that hybrid cars will become very much common here as Toyota is launching Prius and Honda is launching CR-Z Hybrid in the end of this year. also the more common the car is, the more the backup. I am stuck between Honda Civic and Toyota Prius. I am very much impressed with the fuel efficiency of Prius, though i never drove it. but I am curious if it has the same or more acceleration than Honda civic? If yes than I would definitely go for Prius. Also please clear if Honda Civic has good fuel efficiency (obviously not better than Prius)? if the econ button has any advantage?

Please give comments on both cars (Drive, Comfort, Speed, Acceleration etc)
    Detailed answers will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
    Brother can you compare the agility and speed of bull with a tiger ?

Needless to say in this case.

If you are interested in fuel economy get a 2010 round headlight Passo with Eco function it will give you 12-14 km/l easily in the city.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

"Yawn"

Sorry guys I read my thread notifications a bit late.

Everyone is bragging about me importing Prius and all; get a life please.

Prius was most selling Toyota car in Japan for 2012. Maine banai thi because I'm an importer?

Google and look up how many batteries have been replaced round the world; one Australian taxi was replaced at 750k Kms.

As for the guy mentioning lack of technical support how perfect and pristine honda atlas is at providing support 0 meter etc etc.

Can u kindly convey to atlas atleast fix the squeaking stupid arm rest lol. Why are u comparing us prices to Pakistan? You're fine right? How much does a Camry cost in the US? Or a C class and the list goes on.

If u want to buy a civic go ahead no one stops u; spend 2.6 million on a car with bumpy rear suspension, and an average KPL of 11-12. This should be a healthy debate but every thread on PW becomes war, I just cleared misconceptions.

Civic ka catalytic kharab Hota hai 65k kahai Prius ki battery 50k ki hai bilal ganj and 80k new.

Which gets screwed up earlier is again "brains" lol.

The only edge civic has it's the seats are comfier because they're wide.

For the new shape Prius even that's not the case and for people wanting to compare power how about a friendly run on 7th avenue some day? Bring ur stock civics against a 3year old as u call it 46588589kms driven Japanese crap 1.8 Prius.

If the civic loses u should go and sue atlas; because a car with batteries referred to as an Eco car in the US beat ur racy 1.8.

If the Prius loses I will stop importing these and be an advocate of the wonderful civic with euro stars .

P.S. Not one car I have imported was over 55k driven again no point of going into details no ones gonna believe it

The future of Automobile...Mercedes-Benz S Class Saloon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And in this very thread the day u want a new block of the Prius or any technical support in the big cities of this country hit me a pm I'll tell u where to get it; Indus is launching it next month anyways

The future of Automobile...Mercedes-Benz S Class Saloon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List