Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Which car to pick in 1.5M budget

I have a budget of around 15 lacs.
    i wanted a lancer but nobody in my family is really into that car and i guess i'll have to let that dream go for a while.
    Now in 15 lacs, what cars can i get? it should NOT be a corolla. So i guess that kind of leaves just 2 options for me a civic or an accord. which one would be a better option in this range? I hope to get atleast 9-10 KM/L from the car as i have to drive 30 KM everyday and i rarely have motorway trips.
    now what would you guys suggest.
    Eagle Eyes civic within 10lacs.
    Civic Reborn
    or Accord CL7(not CL9 coz i dont want it to be a must to have hi octane)

i want comfort, grace and a power. I normally drive at a speed of 90KM/h. rarely floor the accelerator. and its a once in a year scenario when i actually race with a friend, that too i do on my mehran so its gonna be driven like a gentleman not an idiot who wishes to ruin a 1.6 1.8 or 2.0 engine.

i normally dont have accidents as i try to drive safe so spare parts are not much of a problem.(they will be expensive for either one of the cars anyway)

so i want looks, power and comfort. which one is the best and what kind of fuel consumption do these cars have? both in the city and on highway. i live in lahore and my daily route is like a highway itself, just 2 signals in the whole one-way 15KM distance each day.
    i hope you dont consider this to be another topic of its kind, the ones i searched for were quite old to rely on so here's a new one.

any price range for each of these?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bradpit View Post
    Brother Toyota Mark II, Lancer and Galant are all flop and crappy cars and a waste of money.

If you are into JDM cars buy an imported Honda Civic Hybird or Axio.

If you want to go for a local car buy a 2012 September 1.3 L auto city with Titan interior.

Civic reborn is good but it will never give you 9km/l in city only the M/T version and it is not a good idea to drive M/T for 30 KM daily.

Also dont buy a Prosmatec shape as its nearly a decade old now and fuel economy is below average and parts are as expensive as reborn.
    by prosmatec shape you mean eagle eyes civic right? the 2004-2006 model?
    for axio i am a little concerned about the resale value, you see these old models like lancer and civic eagle eyes wont give me that big a loss after a few years(lancer is cheap already, civic 95 is still good in the market, 06 wont get out too soon either HOPEFULLY)
    now if i get axio, it MIGHT just end up like kia spectra, having a value same as a mehran of the same year.
    another factor is that any axio below 15 lacs has already done over a 100000 Ks that is kind of a setback, i can get a civic driven that much at a cheaper price, a lancer at less than half the price, even a local corolla at a much lower price compared to axio.
    city is not approved by someone in the family as they want a bigger car that is a bit more spacious in the trunk and car carry 5-6 people somehow

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by butt9986 View Post
    by prosmatec shape you mean eagle eyes civic right? the 2004-2006 model?
    for axio i am a little concerned about the resale value, you see these old models like lancer and civic eagle eyes wont give me that big a loss after a few years(lancer is cheap already, civic 95 is still good in the market, 06 wont get out too soon either HOPEFULLY)
    now if i get axio, it MIGHT just end up like kia spectra, having a value same as a mehran of the same year.
    another factor is that any axio below 15 lacs has already done over a 100000 Ks that is kind of a setback, i can get a civic driven that much at a cheaper price, a lancer at less than half the price, even a local corolla at a much lower price compared to axio.
    city is not approved by someone in the family as they want a bigger car that is a bit more spacious in the trunk and car carry 5-6 people somehow
    Brother Lancer parts cant be found even in junkyards.

Even the 2002-03 Corolla X is selling for above 1M after a decade so there is no doubt about Axio resale.

I have a local 2004 GLi which had well past 280,000 KM and it still starts on half self so you should not doubt the reliability of AXIO. Most of the mechanical parts apart from body are identical to local corolla.

Just check if the car is not accident or reconditioned.

Reborn is good if you can live with high fuel costs auto reborn will not give you more than 7-8 km/l if you are not in Islamabad. On motorway however it can give you 9km/l.

You may also test drive an Altis 2008-09 trust me its high speed stability and cornering is much better than the 04-06 Prosmatec shape despite what any teenager college boy will claim about his prosmatec.

You can get a good hardtop Prosmtec 2010 for 1.5M and Oriel Prosmatec 2008-09 with less than 75K in Khi. No idea about your place.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List