4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Quality of local made vehicles

Dear All fellows! Happy Eid mubarak. On eid day we received a painful message about a severe road accident of one of our cousins. He was traveling on motorway on his corolla XLI with his family when suddenly a lift truck changed his lane and he smashed into it leaving his car into total loss condition ,he got severe skull injuries and ended up being operated and gasping for breath for his life. The nutshell is the Xli's speed was 120 and he tried to brake suddenly neither it stopped, nor it had airbags to save them from frontal collision.

I was thinking life and death is in the hands of Allah.There can be many reasons for this accident. One of many reasons is the poor quality of toyota and lack of safety features i.e no ABS, NO AIR BAGS. etc. I was cursing what the hell we get out of 1.6 millions that we pay for a new car and get nothing out of it. Isn't it a joke that you pay nearly 2 millions to get toyota Altis, get a driver who drives the car, God forbid you meet an accident like above-mentioned, The only Airbag in the Altis saves the driver but the owner gets seriously hurt, endangered his life just because there is no second air bag??
    This post is not meant to blame toyota only, even Honda doesn't have these features in it's City models be it 1.3 or 1.5. My brother in law has just bought new city Ivtec 1.3 without Airbags for 1.6 millions while his younger brother possesses Daihatsu Mira 660 cc worth 0.8 million exactly half of the price of city but it has dual airbags making it more safe than City worth 1.6 millions.
    Not to talk of Pak suzuki which can't even meet the minimum quality requirements. Just buy a zero meter bolan, mehran etc and you'll end up crying for your hard earned money being wasted on these craps.
    I'm sorry for this long post. It's not a new topic. The question is can't we launch a complaint against these auto manufacturers to provide these minimum quality features?? can't we get the value for the money spent ??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am myself driving a JDM which you see in my avatar so can you please drop this Gussa of being a JDM owner

Quote Originally Posted by hameeds01 View Post
    BTW what u think people dont buy used second hand PKDM??? FYI paki cars r more abused than Japanese.
    What PKDM owners do with their accidented vehicles??? they throw them away to scrapyards??
    there r people who prefer to purchase used second hand vehicles
    Yeah people do buy 2nd hand PKDM cars but is this what we are talking about??

lets pick Suzuki Mehran 7lack is the price & what features it has???
    Now you have a point , 700K PKR makes around 6.5K USD (as of today and we are not sure about tomorrow), can you please mention what other options we have in this price range?
    Once you have list of options we have in this bracket please either calculate the duty or the risk analysis that the company would do to build a plant here. I have my answer reserved.

All JDM r not same & abused, if u hav some vehicles sense then no one can cheat u OK
    A part of my family was into this JDM imports; no they are not now but I know the dealership practices. I have seen original websites, grades, have a rough idea of how much a five grade car cost, how much a 20K mileage car costs and how market is flooded with 5 grade cars for 750K
    BTW I do agree that a car repaired here (not including electrical or mechanical repair) is still a better build over PKDM car but a Suzuki mehran 3 years old with a whole side repaired costs much lower than a JDM

Those who are into self imports, understands that how much a clean car costs and if profit is calculated over the top how much market will demand for the same car. Sharabi bhai confirm my statement

I'm not here for a fight with JDM Lovers, I just presented my point and yes I know if not 100% true a larger part of my post is true and to get quality we have a pay the price..

If we want a booming car market here we need to bring car manufacturers here not 3 years old SCRAPPED IMPORTS and for that to happen we have to build our nation; our govt.; our country and more importantly OURSELVES.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by LordOsama View Post
    If we want a booming car market here we need to bring car manufacturers here not 3 years old SCRAPPED IMPORTS and for that to happen we have to build our nation; our govt.; our country and more importantly OURSELVES.
    there is no gussa my dear

the thing is that there is no competition in the market, if customers start buying JDM then local manufacturers will cry & think about quality & features.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quality of local made vehicles - 1278804d1381150719 ecc panel revisit automobile policy indus motor hit lowest sales imageuploadedbytapatalk1381150704452898
    Quality of local made vehicles - 1279138d1381173782 ecc panel revisit automobile policy indus motor hit lowest sales 07 10 2013 602 002

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the thing is that there is no competition in the market, if customers start buying JDM then local manufacturers will cry & think about quality & features.
    No, they'll cry and get the import age limit reduced

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by StrikerX View Post
    No, they'll cry and get the import age limit reduced
    Yaar kuch Khuda ka khoof karo 7 Lakh ki Mehran
    Quality of local made vehicles - 1253856d1377675254 suzuki mehran first topic pw 0581936 suzuki alto glx 1989

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhai jaan buhat taraqqi ki hai, soch hai ap ki
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/roa...-2#post4091716

Yaar kuch Khuda ka khoof karo 7 Lakh ki Mehran
    Quality of local made vehicles - 1253856d1377675254 suzuki mehran first topic pw 0581936 suzuki alto glx 1989

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The thing is that no one wants to come in our country - we have screwed it this much!!

If we will start buying JDM cars, they can't give us 8 airbags secured (crash tested for 15 different secaniros), 25mpg Mehran in 700K because our economy can't afford these QUALITY Security features...

This practice will ultimately make them close their plants and go back to Japan.. Things wouldn't be difference expect we'll be getting used cars imported from all over the world with no local car manufacturers; more inflation and unemployment

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The thing is that no one wants to come in our country - we have screwed it this much!!

If we will start buying JDM cars, they can't give us 8 airbags secured (crash tested for 15 different secaniros), 25mpg Mehran in 700K because our economy can't afford these QUALITY Security features...

This practice will ultimately make them close their plants and go back to Japan.. Things wouldn't be difference expect we'll be getting used cars imported from all over the world with no local car manufacturers; more inflation and unemployment
    Quality of local made vehicles - 1278804d1381150719 ecc panel revisit automobile policy indus motor hit lowest sales imageuploadedbytapatalk1381150704452898

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have read this news somewhere before on PW as well as in news, but what they have done so far for this cause? was this another Jazbati Ijlaaas??

I don't have any knowledge to share regarding this post and I also don't want to defend this foolish act of local producers but I do oppose this wrong act.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have read this news somewhere before on PW as well as in news, but what they have done so far for this cause? was this another Jazbati Ijlaaas??

I don't have any knowledge to share regarding this post and I also don't want to defend this foolish act of local producers but I do oppose this wrong act.
    Isay kehte hain automobile companies ko bhattay ki parchiyan bhaijne ka political ya official tareeqa, nothing more... Previous govt had its share now its turn of new govt.

Sent from my SGH-I757M using PW Forums mobile app
    ~~~ "Some complain that roses have thorns, others rejoice that thorns have roses" ~~~ "Nine-tenths of wisdom is being wise on time....Theodore Roosevelt" ~~~

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usmanhassan000 View Post
    i am sorry for what happened with ur father, but before calling men who die for you ********, look from the security perpective. The terrorist wont mind using women, children or ambulances to blow the **** out of you and military cant be more careful. Also, why dont u try getting shot in the rear first and see how is hurts and if u have time try going to AFIRM and see soldiers who have lost their future trying to protect you people who call them ********. Dont confuse the 10k rupee salary sepahi, 30k rupee salary captain with the musharraf or idiots like him

and i have seen few xli accidents and i know the concern towards quality and safety is not world class but the front is soft due to crumple zone stuff but the cabin is quite rigid. There is a very solid bar behind the speedometer that is part of the shell in order to protect the passenger. However if you go below the undercarraige and the pillar are the first point of contact then even an armoured vehicle cant save you.
    I dont give two hoots for anyone wearing Pak Army uniform after that, they are useless pieces of meat be them foot soldier, captain, major, colonel, general, field marshall.

If they have the audacity to be smack in the middle of a weekday right smack in the middle of the biggest and busiest city in Pakisan without any sense of "civil and human sense" while there is no war they have no business wearing that uniform. Its a job like everyone else has, why should they be "all holy and pure and poor underpaid souls - they choose it because they know of the perks they get in Pakistan, the country is an army's wet dream.

Speaking of terrorism - it again lands on them - they are supposed to "protect" the borders - which they are not - infact they have loads of chai paratha and chill out - HOW.. because in all official reports terrorism is "from outside Pakistan"

how would you like that your factory ka chowkidaar/security telling you "sir ye chori baahar ke loag ne ki hai"

anyway my point is that a law is only useful if its applied and mandated - and no jugaarbazi should be allowed to go through - meaning that no welded denter ustaad repaired total loss car and no elektriky nitto tape working. Infact lets take something else here - EFI controlled engine.

How many cases do you know where people actually spent money to repair bad fuel mileage problem - I can count less than 5 in 2000 people. Its a useless percentile. The rest just want some sort of "short cut" with used junk parts for car resale. When the car is sold words like Masha Allah, Insha Allah, etc etc are used whilst still knowing they are lying.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what I see is that people post comparisons of

new unused cars with used and junked cars from Japan.

new corolla in Pak = approx USD 16,000/-
    used jap corolla = approx USD 14,000/-

if you want the whole shabbang then please compare the NEW price of that JDM vehicle then compare it. Just like you cannot compare a boxed iphone 5S with an iphone 3S and say that the phone 3s is cheap - it will be because its OLD and USED.

new corolla with all the favorite features of "safety" will be approx USD 22,000/- price it out in PKR and then slap some duties and taxations and you get your amount - would you buy a corolla for near to 3 mllion rupees?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you recall when IMC, PS, GN were being setup the original idea was to export these cars with atleast 80% Pakistani parts. Just like everywhere else in the world - right now what happens is that a brand name in Pakistan makes a vehicle with 80% imported parts from the brand names own warehouses (monies paid to the vendor) then these cars are sold to the local Pakistani people only and the profit major chunk goes back to the brand names origin.

How is this helping Pakistan?

you have got people earning money OVER money.

In other countries - major parts are sourced and manufactured locally and then a region sales policy is set up to ensure the country does not drain of its monies. This is done at a national level. In Pakistan the assembler level uses the leverage of "bechari awaam ko naukri dee hai" and proceed the loot.

as an example - can you name ONE part of Pakistani origin that is used globally in Toyota, Suzuki etc etc?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    If you recall when IMC, PS, GN were being setup the original idea was to export these cars with atleast 80% Pakistani parts. Just like everywhere else in the world - right now what happens is that a brand name in Pakistan makes a vehicle with 80% imported parts from the brand names own warehouses (monies paid to the vendor) then these cars are sold to the local Pakistani people only and the profit major chunk goes back to the brand names origin.

How is this helping Pakistan?

you have got people earning money OVER money.

In other countries - major parts are sourced and manufactured locally and then a region sales policy is set up to ensure the country does not drain of its monies. This is done at a national level. In Pakistan the assembler level uses the leverage of "bechari awaam ko naukri dee hai" and proceed the loot.

as an example - can you name ONE part of Pakistani origin that is used globally in Toyota, Suzuki etc etc?
    I'm a no expert in this field but once again it's a national issue which should be sorted out at federal level...

But here no one cares because majority of our nation voted to get their "thana kecherii, bache ki nokrii" issues sorted not something national..

Sent from my GT-I9500 using PW Forums mobile app
    ? Nobody..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Comparison

Toyota Corolla USDM 2013 (new shape) 1.8l (base model no leather or any accessories), 6 Sp manual, complete US spec safety and emissions package, delivery processing handling fee = US$ 17,610/- = Rs 1,866,660/- (@1 US$= Rs 106) Build a Toyota | Build a Custom Toyota Vehicle Package

Toyota Corolla Pakistan (present shape) 1.6l Altis (base model no leather etc), 6 sp manual(?), driver's airbag only, ABS only, including govt taxes = Rs 1,949,000 = US$ 18,386 (@ US$ 1= Rs 106) https://www.pakwheels.com/new-cars/toyota/corolla/1-6/

So you guys do the math and see who is robbing who. The Govt just does not care what we get. So we are forced to buy what the assemblers give us. Sad but true.

If the car that was in the accident had all the safety features provided to US models I am sure injuries could have reduced. Of course the US market is HUGE and cost of producing a car there is much cheaper than here probably but we have much cheaper labour which counts a lot in assembly plants and processes. Lax govt control is to be blamed primarily.
    :-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well its not only labor that conversion factor is also very big. Why you are comparing a US model. Just look on east. The three car assemblers have created a cartel in the country and there is no one actually looking at price and quality. The three paid millions to stop the imports of used cars.

Quality of local made vehicles - adusapyh

Quote Originally Posted by mehran View Post
    Toyota Corolla USDM 2013 (new shape) 1.8l (base model no leather or any accessories), 6 Sp manual, complete US spec safety and emissions package, delivery processing handling fee = US$ 17,610/- = Rs 1,866,660/- (@1 US$= Rs 106) Build a Toyota | Build a Custom Toyota Vehicle Package

Toyota Corolla Pakistan (present shape) 1.6l Altis (base model no leather etc), 6 sp manual(?), driver's airbag only, ABS only, including govt taxes = Rs 1,949,000 = US$ 18,386 (@ US$ 1= Rs 106) https://www.pakwheels.com/new-cars/toyota/corolla/1-6/

So you guys do the math and see who is robbing who. The Govt just does not care what we get. So we are forced to buy what the assemblers give us. Sad but true.

If the car that was in the accident had all the safety features provided to US models I am sure injuries could have reduced. Of course the US market is HUGE and cost of producing a car there is much cheaper than here probably but we have much cheaper labour which counts a lot in assembly plants and processes. Lax govt control is to be blamed primarily.

Pakwheels on the Map!
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=215631
    Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    I dont give two hoots for anyone wearing Pak Army uniform after that, they are useless pieces of meat be them foot soldier, captain, major, colonel, general, field marshall.

If they have the audacity to be smack in the middle of a weekday right smack in the middle of the biggest and busiest city in Pakisan without any sense of "civil and human sense" while there is no war they have no business wearing that uniform. Its a job like everyone else has, why should they be "all holy and pure and poor underpaid souls - they choose it because they know of the perks they get in Pakistan, the country is an army's wet dream.

Speaking of terrorism - it again lands on them - they are supposed to "protect" the borders - which they are not - infact they have loads of chai paratha and chill out - HOW.. because in all official reports terrorism is "from outside Pakistan"

how would you like that your factory ka chowkidaar/security telling you "sir ye chori baahar ke loag ne ki hai"

anyway my point is that a law is only useful if its applied and mandated - and no jugaarbazi should be allowed to go through - meaning that no welded denter ustaad repaired total loss car and no elektriky nitto tape working. Infact lets take something else here - EFI controlled engine.

How many cases do you know where people actually spent money to repair bad fuel mileage problem - I can count less than 5 in 2000 people. Its a useless percentile. The rest just want some sort of "short cut" with used junk parts for car resale. When the car is sold words like Masha Allah, Insha Allah, etc etc are used whilst still knowing they are lying.

ignorance is a bliss mr xulfiqar, i have now seen how wrong this saying is. You know alot about cars but that is the end.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mehran View Post

the model you are quoting does not exist in real world america - you can order it and wait for a few months or buy one right there and then, and then you are forgetting the delivery charge and dealer fee. There is no guarantee of life in any car - that is why no manufacturer gives any sort of "life saving guarantee"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

JDM cars have a good safety feature of air bags but what do u do after it deploys one?
    i remember seeing a thread here where some1 asked for help that his car's air bag deployed a very small collision n he couldnt get it fixed,he asked for help here n even after few months there was no solution available to him,so feature wise good but what about solutions to problems like these?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you install a new air bag module and control unit (if applicable). Air bags have bomb like detonators which are used up in the explosion and the plastic/rubber also ruptures to deploy the fabric/nylon bag - renderring the part useless (aka scrap)

for replacement and by law you have to install a new air bag assembly - which is very pricey.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

User Tag List