4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Quality of local made vehicles

Dear All fellows! Happy Eid mubarak. On eid day we received a painful message about a severe road accident of one of our cousins. He was traveling on motorway on his corolla XLI with his family when suddenly a lift truck changed his lane and he smashed into it leaving his car into total loss condition ,he got severe skull injuries and ended up being operated and gasping for breath for his life. The nutshell is the Xli's speed was 120 and he tried to brake suddenly neither it stopped, nor it had airbags to save them from frontal collision.

I was thinking life and death is in the hands of Allah.There can be many reasons for this accident. One of many reasons is the poor quality of toyota and lack of safety features i.e no ABS, NO AIR BAGS. etc. I was cursing what the hell we get out of 1.6 millions that we pay for a new car and get nothing out of it. Isn't it a joke that you pay nearly 2 millions to get toyota Altis, get a driver who drives the car, God forbid you meet an accident like above-mentioned, The only Airbag in the Altis saves the driver but the owner gets seriously hurt, endangered his life just because there is no second air bag??
    This post is not meant to blame toyota only, even Honda doesn't have these features in it's City models be it 1.3 or 1.5. My brother in law has just bought new city Ivtec 1.3 without Airbags for 1.6 millions while his younger brother possesses Daihatsu Mira 660 cc worth 0.8 million exactly half of the price of city but it has dual airbags making it more safe than City worth 1.6 millions.
    Not to talk of Pak suzuki which can't even meet the minimum quality requirements. Just buy a zero meter bolan, mehran etc and you'll end up crying for your hard earned money being wasted on these craps.
    I'm sorry for this long post. It's not a new topic. The question is can't we launch a complaint against these auto manufacturers to provide these minimum quality features?? can't we get the value for the money spent ??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hameeds01 View Post
    Sir ji abusive language ap use krte ho or tameez ki baat krne ko muje kehte ho??
    Tumhe kia kaha maine? Eda tu haji, I suggest u stay on topic from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by c4capricorn View Post
    chill out bro...dont waste ur energy...focus on ur signature
    Believe me bro, I do try. But the thing is, I am a little short on patience when a loser keeps on bugging me all day long by quoting n mentioning...

But hey, the snap is, I relieve my day's tensions by posting here, by no means is this "wastage of energy". thanks alot

Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RL589 View Post
    hameed saab , in foreign countries ppl also die in 7 series bwm,s S class merc even on range rovers , it all depend on type of accident , on the eid day my collegue in bahria town own a prado(2007) v6 3400 (bahria town) he met an accident at Tarnol and his wife died on spot truck hitted.

b t w air bag is only a supplement!!!!!!

vitz main agar 24 air bag bhee hon na aur pakistani truck front collision keray tu mushkil hai bachna
    People die everyday in cars much more advanced than his dinki vitz, but still, the point is, he considers an SrS air bag like a luxury cushion.

Its the other way round, its a burning bag of explosives, which can even break your facial bones in some cases and will surely break your neck when misused.

People here use JENYUUIN MUJANN"wala seat belt hook to jam the alarm, wonder what will happen if he encounters a collision in this scenario?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Quality of local made vehicles

@Xulfiqar, what are the odds that both frontal air bags of a car will deploy in case of a T-bone, such that the front of the vehicle is totally unharmed and scratch less?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the air bag detonation works off accelerometers in the contron unit or sometimes outside the unit - in T bone situation the front bags usually dont fire unless the car is flipped over.

The side air bags (if equipped) will deploy in T bone situation when the car remains right side up.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    the air bag detonation works off accelerometers in the contron unit or sometimes outside the unit - in T bone situation the front bags usually dont fire unless the car is flipped over.

The side air bags (if equipped) will deploy in T bone situation when the car remains right side up.
    This one doesn't show signs of any flip over, yet the bags are deployed.

In all the crash test videos i've seen so far, frontal air bags never deploy in case of a T-bone.

Quality of local made vehicles - u8ude5er

Quality of local made vehicles - eguju4ej

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the accelerometers tripped - the data can be read from the control unit, It might not be just a flip but enough G and tilt to trigger deployment.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Xulfiqar
    Sir 2 years back i worked on a project for "Toyota Capital Motors I-9 Islamabad" that was to reset the Air BAG Modules,
    as u know after accident Air bag ECU saves the crash data in EEPROM & locks itself, & company cant afford to replace the entire Airbag ECU so they want someone to reset it for reuse.
    same is the case with Engine ECUs equipped with immobilizer.
    when the biggest automotive manufacturer in pakistan r doing such stupid things then what else we can expect from small workshops & dealerz??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Xulfiqar
    Sir 2 years back i worked on a project for "Toyota Capital Motors I-9 Islamabad" that was to reset the Air BAG Modules,
    as u know after accident Air bag ECU saves the crash data in EEPROM & locks itself, & company cant afford to replace the entire Airbag ECU so they want someone to reset it for reuse.
    same is the case with Engine ECUs equipped with immobilizer.
    when the biggest automotive manufacturer in pakistan r doing such stupid things then what else we can expect from small workshops & dealerz??
    hameed01, please do not repost ur own (check post # 99 of this thread) lolz u r consistent..

i m sure that the owner of Capital motors was charging his customers with the price of a new ECU or atleast heavily for it whilst asking u to reset the ECU. Even if IMC follows this policy, u cannot guarantee that manufacturers abroad are not doing the same. there is corruption everywhere and being Pakistani, it has long became our duty to bash our own country and we have came to such a point that we have accepted that Pakistan is the worst country in the world with all the world's evil gathered in one place.
    Whenever a bird shits on my car, I eat a plate of scrambled eggs on my front porch just to let them know what I'm capable of...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear All! I'm surprised why many friends are speaking against the Air Bags. These are not everything but just a part of car safety features. It's true that Proper Traffic Rules & regulations is the first basic requirement then comes these features. Having Airbags in your car doesn't guarantee that your life is totally safe but to some extent it's safer than having no Air bags at all. God Forbid how many of us experience life threatening accident in our lives. If an Air bag has saved us once in our lives and then becomes useless, it's still much better than losing your life in a situation where our car didn't have the basic safety requirements. Isn't it ridiculous that you pay nearly 1.6 million for a car (E.g Xli) and don't get even ABS and single Air bag in it?? Looking at the price hike situation, the prices might be higher but would we get anything extra in return? I know this small forum can't make a big difference but to some extent we can create awareness among the masses linked with us.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by race_addicted View Post
    Dear All! I'm surprised why many friends are speaking against the Air Bags. These are not everything but just a part of car safety features. It's true that Proper Traffic Rules & regulations is the first basic requirement then comes these features. Having Airbags in your car doesn't guarantee that your life is totally safe but to some extent it's safer than having no Air bags at all. God Forbid how many of us experience life threatening accident in our lives. If an Air bag has saved us once in our lives and then becomes useless, it's still much better than losing your life in a situation where our car didn't have the basic safety requirements. Isn't it ridiculous that you pay nearly 1.6 million for a car (E.g Xli) and don't get even ABS and single Air bag in it?? Looking at the price hike situation, the prices might be higher but would we get anything extra in return? I know this small forum can't make a big difference but to some extent we can create awareness among the masses linked with us.
    Man there is no guarantee of life even if u own a TANK, soldiers die even in BOMB prove Tanks, Zindagi or Mout sirf ALLAH ke hath mei hai,
    Lets forget about Air bags/ABS Fantasy

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post

Its the other way round, its a burning bag of explosives, which can even break your facial bones in some cases and will surely break your neck when misused.
    Chaudary Sahib Air bag triggers only if the passenger is wearing seat belt. I know Air Bags r like BOMB & they can kill u. btw i never use buckle thingy to stop beep beep beep.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

they triger even if u r not wearing seat belt,some1 pointed that out in other thread

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    they triger even if u r not wearing seat belt,some1 pointed that out in other thread
    its a Magic hmmmmm

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just an article i came across....check this out..

According to Washington University’s department of chemistry, sodium azide, NaN3, is the most common propellant for the airbag. When a crash occurs the azide is ignited and it decomposes to produce nitrogen gas, N2, which fills the airbag (2NaN3? 2Na + 3N2) in .025 seconds at speeds between 150 and 200 miles per hour. Extreme heat is also given off by the exothermic reaction of the sodium azide as it ignitesSodium hydroxide, a caustic powder, is one of the by-products of the reaction. It is generated because potassium nitrate, KNO3, is placed in the detonator canister with the azide to scavenge sodium formed during the explosion. Sodium metal is extremely reactive, and can actually causing unwanted explosions with water (2Na + 2H2O --> 2NaOH + H2). The heat given off when sodium metal reacts with water is sufficient to ignite and explode the hydrogen gas produced.
    Sodium hydroxide is often found in the gas fumes that escape from the airbag as it deflates. Although in only small amounts, the NHTSA has found that sodium hydroxide is causing coughing fits and asthma attacks in the drivers and passengers. Rescue workers are advised to wear gloves and safety glasses and to completely ventilate the car for several minutes before entering. The excessive coughing caused by the air bag powder can also make a chest injury worse.
    Emergency personnel are now treating all accidents with airbag deployments as potential brain, chest and spine damage, according to
    Midsouth Rescue Technologies. Also, according to the AORC, the recommended hand position on steering wheels has changed from ten and two to nine and three o’clock in order to avoid damage to the radius and ulna, the bones in the arm and also to prevent the arm from damaging the face after it is hit by the airbag.

Others, such as
    University of Arizona researcher, Eric Betterton, are concerned that sodium azide will escape from the container and get into the environment. Sodium azide is an extremely toxic poison, capable of destroying entire ecosystems. An undeployed airbag contains between 50 grams for the driver side and 200 grams for the passenger side. After the airbag reacts, all of the sodium azide should be converted to harmless nitrogen gas. Undeployed airbags should be removed from cars before they are “junked” or put into landfills in order to prevent unreacted sodium azide from getting into the environment, recommends Betterton.According to Washington University’s department of chemistry, sodium azide, NaN3, is the most common propellant for the airbag. When a crash occurs the azide is ignited and it decomposes to produce nitrogen gas, N2, which fills the airbag (2NaN3? 2Na + 3N2) in .025 seconds at speeds between 150 and 200 miles per hour. Extreme heat is also given off by the exothermic reaction of the sodium azide as it ignitesSodium hydroxide, a caustic powder, is one of the by-products of the reaction. It is generated because potassium nitrate, KNO3, is placed in the detonator canister with the azide to scavenge sodium formed during the explosion. Sodium metal is extremely reactive, and can actually causing unwanted explosions with water (2Na + 2H2O --> 2NaOH + H2). The heat given off when sodium metal reacts with water is sufficient to ignite and explode the hydrogen gas produced.
    Sodium hydroxide is often found in the gas fumes that escape from the airbag as it deflates. Although in only small amounts, the NHTSA has found that sodium hydroxide is causing coughing fits and asthma attacks in the drivers and passengers. Rescue workers are advised to wear gloves and safety glasses and to completely ventilate the car for several minutes before entering. The excessive coughing caused by the air bag powder can also make a chest injury worse.
    Emergency personnel are now treating all accidents with airbag deployments as potential brain, chest and spine damage, according to
    Midsouth Rescue Technologies. Also, according to the AORC, the recommended hand position on steering wheels has changed from ten and two to nine and three o’clock in order to avoid damage to the radius and ulna, the bones in the arm and also to prevent the arm from damaging the face after it is hit by the airbag.

Others, such as
    University of Arizona researcher, Eric Betterton, are concerned that sodium azide will escape from the container and get into the environment. Sodium azide is an extremely toxic poison, capable of destroying entire ecosystems. An undeployed airbag contains between 50 grams for the driver side and 200 grams for the passenger side. After the airbag reacts, all of the sodium azide should be converted to harmless nitrogen gas. Undeployed airbags should be removed from cars before they are “junked” or put into landfills in order to prevent unreacted sodium azide from getting into the environment, recommends Betterton.

Now provided the situation i have a few questions;

1- Can our medical rescue teams treat the patients that are affected by these harmful chemicals released from airbags? Is there enough awareness in our medical centres, doctors etc to correctly diagnose and treat such patients?

2- Such harmful chemicals which can prove extremely hazardous for the environment. do we have the tech to contain the contamination? for a nation that does not even care what environmental health actually is?
    Whenever a bird shits on my car, I eat a plate of scrambled eggs on my front porch just to let them know what I'm capable of...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/spo...-3#post4072175

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ c4capricorn ,
    Sir ji ap ne muje AIR BAG se itna dara diya hai keh ma ne dar kr apni Vehicle ke Air Bags ka FUSE he nikal diya hai. Now i am feeling safe

Quality of local made vehicles -1285924

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its a Magic hmmmmm
    yup a magic indeed
    already been discussed
    check this post n other similar ones
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/spo...-3#post4071662

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yup a magic indeed
    already been discussed
    check this post n other similar ones
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/spo...-3#post4071662
    Zulfiqar Bhai words

"The sensors can be anywhere, in MB the G sensor (aka crash) sensor is inside the air bag control module which is mounted above the gearbox tunnel. This was adopted by MB to ensure the airbags fired if the car was flipped over. If the unit sees a shock hard enough in horizontal plane - the air bags (only the ones which are registered as occupied seats - How does it know this - It looks at the seat belt locks.

Now if a user locks the seat belt with a stupid cut clasp - it means that the user has no business of driving as the IQ level is below room temperature."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Zulfiqar Bhai words

"The sensors can be anywhere, in MB the G sensor (aka crash) sensor is inside the air bag control module which is mounted above the gearbox tunnel. This was adopted by MB to ensure the airbags fired if the car was flipped over. If the unit sees a shock hard enough in horizontal plane - the air bags (only the ones which are registered as occupied seats - How does it know this - It looks at the seat belt locks.

Now if a user locks the seat belt with a stupid cut clasp - it means that the user has no business of driving as the IQ level is below room temperature."
    lol
    those r not my words,other people explained it,try telling them n see how the convince u since i also used to think seat belt is necessary for airbags until that new insight came

i have myself seen people driving corolla's with belt buckled behind them,i wonder what will happen to them if airbag comes out at high speed impact,will be quite a lesson for them if they survive

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

User Tag List