19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Road Conditions of Islamabad to Gilgit

Guys i will visit gilgit soon in next month due to some important work over there, what do you guys suggest? How is road condition and route? Should i use 4x4 or a Honda Civic can do my work? i have to stay in Skardu for 8 days. Please give your important suggestions.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I did my trip to Skardu from August 23-30, 2013 on my HJ60, road conditions are good provided your drive carefully and reduce the tyre pressure, from Abbottabad to batgram is average, batgram to besham is newly paved amazing road, besham to raikot bridge is average with some bad portions due to land slides etc. raikot to jaglot is newly paved superb road, jaglot to skardu very narrow and in average condition. If you want to stay only in skardu for a week and don't need vehicle there you may avail the flight option. You need atleast two drivers on this route, we were four so we continued to drive turn by turn, its wiser to drive upto chilas in a day leaving early morning from Islamabad and next day you can reach easily skardu by evening.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jehanzebnasir View Post
    I did my trip to Skardu from August 23-30, 2013 on my HJ60, road conditions are good provided your drive carefully and reduce the tyre pressure, from Abbottabad to batgram is average, batgram to besham is newly paved amazing road, besham to raikot bridge is average with some bad portions due to land slides etc. raikot to jaglot is newly paved superb road, jaglot to skardu very narrow and in average condition. If you want to stay only in skardu for a week and don't need vehicle there you may avail the flight option. You need atleast two drivers on this route, we were four so we continued to drive turn by turn, its wiser to drive upto chilas in a day leaving early morning from Islamabad and next day you can reach easily skardu by evening.
    How much fuel was used? how much time does it take from islamabad to gilgit skardu?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

MY HJ60, 3980 cc, diesel did 7km/l overall from Lahore to Skardu and surroundings and back with lots of kilometers driven in 4x4 engaged mode (it consumes double when you drive in 4x4 mode). Petrol driven cars can do 8-9km/l on this track at the most and you need to have spare petrol in cans because you wont get good quality petrol on KKH. Skardu is about 800 kms from Islamabad and your average speed cannot be more than 40km/h it takes about 24-25 hrs atleast, better to have rest as its not safe to drive from besham to chilas at night. For further details: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/4x4...ptember-2013-a

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jehanzebnasir View Post
    MY HJ60, 3980 cc, diesel did 7km/l overall from Lahore to Skardu and surroundings and back with lots of kilometers driven in 4x4 engaged mode (it consumes double when you drive in 4x4 mode). Petrol driven cars can do 8-9km/l on this track at the most and you need to have spare petrol in cans because you wont get good quality petrol on KKH. Skardu is about 800 kms from Islamabad and your average speed cannot be more than 40km/h it takes about 24-25 hrs atleast, better to have rest as its not safe to drive from besham to chilas at night. For further details: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/4x4...ptember-2013-a
    I have LC 1992 with a 3F, i assume that it will drink about 11000-12000 PKR fuel for one side. But 3F is a real work horse. If i go non stop? I have no one with me to travel with me i am alone. I hope i can do 20hrs drive alone but will have to consult my GP first.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

very nice