Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suzuki swift 1.3DLX automatic

Hello,
    Im about to buy suzuki swift 1.3 DLX automatic but im having few concerns as market sale of auto is not that higher. So, please answer my queries.
    1. How is the market value of 1.3 DLX automatic and hows it's resale?
    2. Please also tell about it's mileage in highway and within city.
    3.Is there any problems associated with automatic transmission of suzuki repoted to anyone using it as it's locally manufactured.
    Waiting for your reply.
    Thanks!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its crap , go for manual !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good choice. Go for it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

waisay if u r going for 1.5m mark, try your luck with new shape vitz.. or honda insight
    people who use Highbeams.. once day would suffer too bigtime. People who drive slow on fast lanes, remember one day a vehicle carryin ur son, dad might get late to hospital coz people like u. underaged driving will land u in bigtime trouble one day or the other.. And the Blue indication light on ur speedometer denotes "High Beams"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Better to go for Honda City in manual or auto version.

Swift mileage and resale is pathetic.
    Rest is your money and your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by sheikh.arham.58 View Post
    Hello,
    Im about to buy suzuki swift 1.3 DLX automatic but im having few concerns as market sale of auto is not that higher. So, please answer my queries.
    3.Is there any problems associated with automatic transmission of suzuki repoted to anyone using it as it's locally manufactured.
    Waiting for your reply.
    Thanks!
    ALWAYS BE POSITIVE

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Do NOT NOT NOT never ever buy it.

Having had a great experience with a manual Swift, my sister decided to buy the automatic one. Having driven it around three hundred kilometres, the family confirmed it was very slow so wanted to dispose it off. Unfortunately it couldn't sell owing to the high price - 1466000 + registration charges which go accordingly plus freight totalling to around a 100000+ in addition. The very few people who came for a test drive left saying it lags. One day I got a call from Lahore where the owner was willing to collect at a good price because he needed a car urgently. I asked him if he was aware ov people's reviews about this issue and he said he had heard the same and now I had confirmed it. He never got back.

Hence, you don't fall prey to it. Even today baji's drivers complain the car consumes too much fuel.

Sent from my ST25a using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanx all. But I'm going for automatic. No manual and max budget is 15lac.
    I have only other option of toyota Vitz 2011. But swift is zero meter and vitz is not and u dont know whether meter has been reversed or not. Secondly, mostly vitz available are 1000cc and swift is 1300cc.
    Also, what do u guys think about vitz 2011 resale. Isnt it same like swift automatic or better.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Vajih102 View Post

Having had a great experience with a manual Swift, my sister decided to buy the automatic one. Having driven it around three hundred kilometres, the family confirmed it was very slow so wanted to dispose it off. Unfortunately it couldn't sell owing to the high price - 1466000 + registration charges which go accordingly plus freight totalling to around a 100000+ in addition. The very few people who came for a test drive left saying it lags. One day I got a call from Lahore where the owner was willing to collect at a good price because he needed a car urgently. I asked him if he was aware ov people's reviews about this issue and he said he had heard the same and now I had confirmed it. He never got back.

Hence, you don't fall prey to it. Even today baji's drivers complain the car consumes too much fuel.

@Vajih102: I think they should have launched the Auto Version in 1.6L just like Liana and with some body kit they should have named it like GT or GTI like the international swift.

Btw, the car in consideration is running on normal fuel or High Octane since the recommended fuel for auto is high octane...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Vajih102 View Post

I read it somewhere on the swift owners club thread that average becomes better after 1000 kms.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Close your eyes & ears, just buy a new car. You will not regret it.
    I Dont Drive Fast, I Fly Slowly....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanx all. But I'm going for automatic. No manual and max budget is 15lac.
    I have only other option of toyota Vitz 2011. But swift is zero meter and vitz is not and u dont know whether meter has been reversed or not. Secondly, mostly vitz available are 1000cc and swift is 1300cc.
    Also, what do u guys think about vitz 2011 resale. Isnt it same like swift automatic or better.
    If you still insist, give me a buzz at 03215016157 and we can talk it over. It's driven less than three thousand kilometres, purely within Islamabad. I took it to the borders ov Muree Road only once.

Quote Originally Posted by ammarspk View Post
    @Vajih102: I think they should have launched the Auto Version in 1.6L just like Liana and with some body kit they should have named it like GT or GTI like the international swift.

Btw, the car in consideration is running on normal fuel or High Octane since the recommended fuel for auto is high octane...
    True that but then bigger engine, same size would have been a bigger NO from many. As for fuel, I doubt hi octane has been used. Thank you for telling. Will convey ahead.

I read it somewhere on the swift owners club thread that average becomes better after 1000 kms.
    Baji's has been driven 2200+ km. Still the same.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Swift engine torque band does not go well with automatic. That is why people complain about lag. even with manual, it is steady in acceleration till 2500 rpms and then suddenly surges when it passes 3000. that is actually the range you use most in city driving. But in the end it is a new car with all the benefits. Economy is not as good as you think it will be because it is a high revving engine and you have to t hrash it to get power out of it. Just like most suzuki engines.
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

Hello,
    Waiting for your reply.
    Thanks!
    I own a Suzuki Swift A/T, and its mileage within city has never gone beyond 12.77 Km/l. It stays above 12 Km/l only if you drive with a light foot on the accelerator, otherwise expect 11 Km/l. I always drive it with A/C turned on. I didn't observe it during the winters period, so can't say if the mileage improves without A/C.

Never had any problems with the automatic transmission. Plus, I see people telling here that it is slow but it is not. To experience the full power, press the pedal fully and you'll notice the RPM meter will touch 7000 for the first 3 automatic gear shifts. For the 4th shift it goes to a maximum of 5500 RPM but not beyond that. Also, there is a protection in the car for the high RPMs. As soon as it detects that engine needs power (i.e. when pressing the accelerator in full to achieve high RPM), it will turn the A/C off automatically to avoid damage to engine.

Moreover, the tire pressure is also important when trying to get the maximum output from the car. As per the car instructions, the front wheels have to have a pressure of 33 psi. And the rear wheels have to have 30 psi if there are no persons and luggage on the rear, otherwise 37 psi is needed if there are people and luggage in the rear.
    And I'm pretty sure most of the people are keeping it under 30 psi in all 4 tires and then complaining about the output. Not fair.

My only complaint with this car is that the cabin is not as silent on bumpy roads as it is in other cars.

On the other hand I do not care about the re-sale value. What is important is that you enjoy driving it and that I really do.
    Ali Awais

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List