Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gujar96

Thread: Car buying advice required WTB Toyota Corolla

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    shah96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    20
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Car buying advice required WTB Toyota Corolla

    I am searching for Toyota corolla 2002-2006 Gli or Se Saloon my budget is 10 lakhs. I am getting isb number gli 2004 model golden colour 125k km driven for 950 final and se saloon 2004 model manual 98k driven for 9.80 final. Both cars have minor touchings only otherwise all fit body wise and mechanically. I was driving mehran so decided to shift to better car. What car should i buy considering good ac performance better comfort and better fuel consumption. I had civic 2003 vti as in option but heard that it has very low resale and is gas guzzler my cousin has 05 vti but it hardly gives 8-9kmp/l even its manual. Advice of toyota users and members are required as i am going to finalize in a day or two as i have taken biana for my mehran i have sold it so i want to buy the car urgent.

  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    gujar96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    895
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Shah g both cars are good gli has slightly better fuel consumption then se saloon. AC of both cars are good. Performance wise both are good in their category. Resale wise gli has edge over se saloon. Power wise se saloon has edge over gli. But do check the brakes brakes of these models are too bad, my mamu had xli and his car twice got hit at motorway becuz of bad brakes. For how much did you sale your mehran?

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mwm749's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,160
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Personally, buying a 10 year old car does not make sense.

    Why dont you look for other options; like Suzuki Swift I think you will be able to get 2011~2012 low milage cars. And that you have peace of mind for next few years.
    I Dont Drive Fast, I Fly Slowly....

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    talhabinomar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Fuel Economy and resale = Gli
    Power + Good Ac Performance = Se Saloon

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    shah96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    20
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gujar96 View Post
    Shah g both cars are good gli has slightly better fuel consumption then se saloon. AC of both cars are good. Performance wise both are good in their category. Resale wise gli has edge over se saloon. Power wise se saloon has edge over gli. But do check the brakes brakes of these models are too bad, my mamu had xli and his car twice got hit at motorway becuz of bad brakes. For how much did you sale your mehran?
    Thanks for your input gujjar sb, i took a drive of se saloon and felt it very smooth and comfortable and ac is also good. Owner tells that car is giving around 11-12kmp/l local. I am more inclined towards se saloon but lets see which deal gets finalized. I sold mehran for 495 vxr 2006 ac/cng.

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    shah96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    20
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mwm749 View Post
    Personally, buying a 10 year old car does not make sense.

    Why dont you look for other options; like Suzuki Swift I think you will be able to get 2011~2012 low milage cars. And that you have peace of mind for next few years.
    brother corolla is sedan i know swift is inn these days but it isn't comparable to these cars.

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    gujar96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    895
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shah96 View Post
    Thanks for your input gujjar sb, i took a drive of se saloon and felt it very smooth and comfortable and ac is also good. Owner tells that car is giving around 11-12kmp/l local. I am more inclined towards se saloon but lets see which deal gets finalized. I sold mehran for 495 vxr 2006 ac/cng.
    If you feel it better then go for it. Parts of gli xli engine are easily available dont know about it, its 3zz-fe.

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    saeedmagsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Quetta
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Dear i have got SE Saloon. Its drive is excellent. XLI and GLI are little underpowered. U will definately feel difference in driving se saloon and xli/gli. And there is not a big difference in fuel consumption. Rest it is ur choice

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    kashifamir24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chiniot
    Age
    27
    Posts
    106
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Dont buy se saloon it requires to replace its valves after 15 to 20k km

    Sent from my A10 using PW Forums mobile app

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •