Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suggestion On Buying Used Car

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a used car, within 6 to 6.5 lac range. Need a suggestion on which car would be suitable keeping in mind the following points:

1) The car should be suitable for heavy family use.

2) I need something that is low maintenance and requires less frequent repairs as I have a very busy schedule.

3) Something spacious for the whole family, with a 5 person seating capacity.

4) I've never purchased a used car before and I don't know much about the technical aspects of buying a car.

Note; I've been looking at Honda City cars (2000-2004) they seem good within my price range and seating requirement, but I am confused what to look for when buying such a used car so as not to be cheated into buying a pain in the neck which I'll regret later. Need suggestions.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes city 2000-2003 good choice, but if u think 2003-2004 idsi come in 650k then stop dreaming,,,,,,,, baleno also come in ur budget but maintenance cost is a bit high ,,,,, also try a small car Santro Gv u can also use digi & cng in it,
    Quote Originally Posted by blight120 View Post
    Hello,

I'm looking to buy a used car, within 6 to 6.5 lac range. Need a suggestion on which car would be suitable keeping in mind the following points:

1) The car should be suitable for heavy family use.

2) I need something that is low maintenance and requires less frequent repairs as I have a very busy schedule.

3) Something spacious for the whole family, with a 5 person seating capacity.

4) I've never purchased a used car before and I don't know much about the technical aspects of buying a car.

Note; I've been looking at Honda City cars (2000-2004) they seem good within my price range and seating requirement, but I am confused what to look for when buying such a used car so as not to be cheated into buying a pain in the neck which I'll regret later. Need suggestions.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In this budget u can't find a good condition city
    Cultus and santro will be batter choice
    ALONE
    BUT HAPPY

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

6 - 6.5 is not enough to buy a good Honda City even 2000 model, atleast in Rwp/Isb. considering your needs and budget your options could be:

1. Nissan Sunny 97+ model. If you find one in good and well maintained condition, you'll never regret.
    2. Hyundai Santro (as already mentioned by some respected PW member)
    3. Corolla (Original Diesel) 2000+ model.
    4. Suzuki Cultus
    5. Suzuki Liana

Which ever car you buy,, try to buy a home used car directly from owner with less number of ownerships.
    Newer models are generally in better condition comparing to older models.
    If you don't know much about it, you must accompany some expert (a reliable friend/mechanic etc.) who could give you a realistic review of vehicle's condition.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List