Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Small stick-on convex mirrors; Yes or No?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb Small stick-on convex mirrors; Yes or No?

As I'm very interested in cars, I can catch anything unusual/new in a vehicle. I first noticed this thing while I was watching a documentary on TV in 2006, the truck shown in that documentary had that small convex mirror. Since it was based on Oklahoma city bombing, they didn't mentioned what's the use of that tinny mirror. I was curious but since the exams were going on I forgot it. But a few days ago, I saw a Suzuki Swift with the same mirror on passenger side parked outside a market.

Then I started looking every vehicle for that mirror. Surprisingly, I was able to spot many vehicles including Corolla, Civic, Cultus and even Suzuki Carry pickups (driven by UNPARH DRIVERS ) I google it and found that the mirrors are supposed to reduce BLIND SPOTS behind you and you (may) drive safer when these mirrors are glued on your side mirrors.

I also visited car accessories shops, a normal (made in China) pair costs you around 150 Rupees while the Malaysian/Thai pair of convex mirrors will be available in 400-500 Rupees.

As I already mentioned the advantage, now coming to the DISADVANTAGES I leave this thing to the expert members. One obvious disadvantage is that the surface area of your side mirror will be REDUCED and it may CONFUSE the driver for some time untill he gets used to it.

Now the questions are,

1) Is it advisable to stick the convex mirror on your car?

2) If yes, then which side? Driver, passenger, or both?

3) Inside the wing mirror or Outside?

4) Good for busy urban road users or for long travelers on fast highways and motorways?

Last but not least,

5) Is it also a good idea to stick one on your central rear-view mirror?

Attached Images Attached Images     
    "Failure is always an option" (Adam Savage)
    Safe and speedy wins the race! (Auto Idiot)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

. . . . . .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    my kids lol
    em far from even being married
    . . . .

btw tell me u do have tried them by now then?
    Okay, your cousins', relatives' or neighbors' kids may find it a cool thing to see their blurred faces

Talking about myself, I have a very rare model of Daihatsu Charade which needs lots of repairing and replacing different parts Side mirrors are one of them. I'll do DIY to fix Suzuki Pickup mirrors and then sure will try these mirrors on PASSENGER side because I can easily turn my neck around from driver side and while reversing, I can even roll down the window and look down if there's a HOLE in FLOOR :/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

they are for blind spot reductions. I first saw this thing in a c180(i think all come with these), like the one in the picture below. This is one whole mirror bent from one side. The purpose is the same.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

been trying to find these somehow im not able to find these , I found a guy on OLX selling them for rs.450 but we couldnt come on the same page deciding the meeting point and the guy didnt wanted to courier them

Anyone knows where to get them in Karachi? I need these i park my car in a very tight spot i have to re-adjust the side mirror all the time (altho being power its not a biggie)
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    been trying to find these somehow im not able to find these , I found a guy on OLX selling them for rs.450 but we couldnt come on the same page deciding the meeting point and the guy didnt wanted to courier them

Anyone knows where to get them in Karachi? I need these i park my car in a very tight spot i have to re-adjust the side mirror all the time (altho being power its not a biggie)
    I wonder why you can't find it in Karachi while I can easily find it in Pindi. 450 is okay only if the mirrors are SUPER QUALITY, plus you have to consider the SIZE of your side mirrors. Don't go for too big mirror, it'll confuse you and may actually reduce the rear view. I'm sorry I can't help you as I'm not in Karachi. And yes, this is a big problem if you don't have power side mirror option.

Quote Originally Posted by dosimeter View Post
    they are for blind spot reductions. I first saw this thing in a c180(i think all come with these), like the one in the picture below. This is one whole mirror bent from one side. The purpose is the same.

Yeah, that's it, and if you carefully see the picture, you can spot an EXTRA mirror on GMC Savana visible in that mirror because it is a BIGGG VAAAN

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by auto_idiot View Post

Yeah, that's it, and if you carefully see the picture, you can spot an EXTRA mirror on GMC Savana visible in that mirror because it is a BIGGG VAAAN
    nice observation

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List