Dear PW members. Great forum and treasures of information. Thanks for your contributions and insight which helped me as a passive member to get valuable information. Finally I have got a few little questions for which I want your feedback, suggestions and/or advice.
Before asking questions, I would like give myshort feedback and history.
- I am really disappointed with Toyota's people ITM or TIM whatever with blunt shamelessness by providing cars costing over million Rs. lacking basic ground components of this age. Its 2014. So people, wake up and stop buying sub standard machines which lack basic safty and security measures. Your and your family's life is more precious than people knowing that one has a Toyota (sub-standard). If you want luxury and style, Toyota is not the place to spend your valuable money. There are other ways to buy and enjoy classy rides. Trust me on this.
- While going through hundreds of pages of PW, security, theft and related matters are asked and shared again and again but people's responses were childish. It seems due to bad infrastructures (Police, Law & Order, Manufacturers dishonesty) people have accepted it as their fate and resigned to Ayat ul Qursi and American Locks. I am Muslim and have no doubt about Allah's will but doing some effort first is required and That is what Our Prophet (PBUH) advised. Few simple steps are required.
* Stop buying cars which lack basic security features. It is as simple as drinking water. It is the consumers which decide what they want not the other way around. If you keep accepting and paying for these sub standard vehicles in millions, no body bothers to think more. Stop and let them decreased sales and they come on their knees. It is proven and only consumer has to be firm.
* Thieves in Pakistan have a certain pattern to steal a car in most of the cases and to stop them in heir first step even before touching your precious car is easy. Cheap and effective technology is available to deter their maximum efforts. It is true that thieves will still try to steal and some times they will succeed but it does not mean we should not try constantly to devise our new methods to secures our cars. People spend millions on a car but ignore spending few thousand to protect it and resolute to fate. It is a stupid psyche of few people. It is a result of money with ignorance. Spend some money to protect your car for God's sake. Its so cheap to protect it. Need ideas? PM.
* People buy cars on lease, financing or installments might have insurance by default required by banks and other people do not opt for insurance due to many reasons (costs, religion. lack of information). Please get information and calculate. Think about 5 years ahead. Do not just think about resale value of your car but calculate more. Consider, paying for tracking companies, security measures, keeping a dog or hiring a watch man etc. At the end if insurance seems cheap and best. Get it.
* Some people invest in cars to get their lives miserable. Buy a car for the purpose not for the status. Style is for people who can afford it. Rest of us should be practical. This way we can save money and sleep well resulting a better life, more money and better work productivity. At the end this results in affordability after sometime. e.g. if I go on work from A to B, cheap Suzuki is fine and there is no shame driving it. I think you got the hint.
I have few more things to say, but got tired typing so much text and Sorry for this long post. It is my general observation and is not directed to anyone personally. I started to ask questions and ended up in writing all this. Reason I think was anger due to the lack of choices and stupid monopoly of the car manufacturers and upon that on people who buy these cars, Hope you understand my feelings.
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad