Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New in Pakistan - Need Suggestions!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default New in Pakistan - Need Suggestions!

Hello everyone, I have been a frequent visitor of this site and must commend the contribution of everyone here as its quiet helpful in regards to deciding or learning about auto industry in Pak.

I have recently moved back to Pakistan after about 14 years of living abroad. And need one or two cars and I am totally lost.

I only see Toyotas, Hondas and Suzukis. Everything else is so rear and, God, expensive. Not to mention even the toyotas, and Hondas are expensive, and I don't know how ppl drive the Suzuki here, laud of applause for them.

So I will be getting a Toyota or a Honda, or both, if I want my acquisitions beneficial to me, unless I want to lose the money in a market where ppl buy only what trend sets.

so tell me if I got it right, which one from the following and why?

- Toyota Axio 1.5 Luxel 2007\2010
    - Honda Civic Hybrid 2010\2011

And due to an SUV itch (I always had one back home) the following I have short listed:

- Toyota Surf 2001\2002
    - Toyota Prado 2001\2002
    - Toyota Vigo 2013\2014

And I am not sure about the different classes within all these vehicles. so which one is higher version, and which one is better, and which one has resale value and why should I get that model in its specifities?

My budget is around about one car from each category, tightly.

Or any other suggestions, which have good resale value, and features, and gasoline consumption?

Thanks in advance!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota Axio is a very good car with excellent fuel average. I'd suggest to avoid Honda Hybrid as you might face problems in maintenance/reparing, parts and resale. If you compare its fuel average with Axio, its not a big difference.
    In SUV, avoid Vigo unless you really need a truck. I never liked its ride and drive. Prado would be the most appropriate choice in given three options.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for Prius 2010/11 jdm one of the best cars ull drive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you, sheikh_wah, addiked. Very kind of you.

So Prado is a better option. May I ask the rationale behind the recommendation?

Also, if Civic Hybrid is a no go due to maintenance problems, which I understand is due to its hybrid nature, then the other recommendation of Prius, would also fall under same dilemma don't you guys think?

Also what should be the right price for these cars?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

in terms of sedan and maintenance buy a Toyota, if you are looking for brand new toyota & honda is only choice you have. In used unregistered class you are concious about status Axio & Premio 2010 onwards will equally do good.

Hybrids are total waste of money, very heavy and doubtful over maintenance bill. the brand owner workshops RIP the Hybrid users for lack of support & grey imports.

make a choice of vehicle which does not make you 'STAND OUT' in surroundings making you 'magnet' for threats / extortion. Buy car which comfortably blend into traffic and use it on liquid fuel.

Lahore & Karachi are places with LESS of Vehicle scammers, though they all exist across Pakistan. Check from Member SHARABHI & CrashD if you wish a clean fresh import with confidence.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by habibovic View Post
    Thank you, sheikh_wah, addiked. Very kind of you.

So Prado is a better option. May I ask the rationale behind the recommendation?

Also, if Civic Hybrid is a no go due to maintenance problems, which I understand is due to its hybrid nature, then the other recommendation of Prius, would also fall under same dilemma don't you guys think?

Also what should be the right price for these cars?
    Vigo Vs Prado: Prado gives you better drive, better ride and better control. Vigo's control gets better when it has some load but ride is extremely uncomfortable. Vigo could be a better option if you have high frequence of off-road drive or you need to drive in extreme off-road conditions or you have to keep guards with you (the most common use of Vigo these days). Prado gives you a blend of Power, Comfort, pleasure with off-road drive option. I consider Surf a better option than Vigo but surely not comparable with Prado as again they are two different class of vehicle.
    with reference to Hybrid cars, currently I have almost same openion for Honda and Toyota BUT as read on PW, Toyota Indus (Pakistan) planning to officially launch Prius in Pakistan so things might get changed with time.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you kindly, sheikh Saab, capsat. Makes an absolute sense what you have said. I am from wildnwildwest, KPK. So standing out means trouble, hence my selection of the two most common vehicles here. So based on what you guys have said, I am almost convinced that I should go with Axio 1.5.

I have noticed quiet a few versions, X, G, Luxel, SE etc., which one is what and which one should be a good option?

I am very selective when it comes to interior and features so options are very important for me. And apparently the sellers here had zero clue about the differences between different versions as per my today's visit to market.

So where can I find details about different versions of JDM vehicles (Axio specifically), for cross comparison to pick the right vehicle.

Also do you guys recommend 2000\2002 Prado? the one in old shape?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you kindly, sheikh Saab, capsat. Makes an absolute sense what you have said. I am from wildnwildwest, KPK. So standing out means trouble, hence my selection of the two most common vehicles here. So based on what you guys have said, I am almost convinced that I should go with Axio 1.5.

I have noticed quiet a few versions, X, G, Luxel, SE etc., which one is what and which one should be a good option?

I am very selective when it comes to interior and features so options are very important for me. And apparently the sellers here had zero clue about the differences between different versions as per my today's visit to market.

So where can I find details about different versions of JDM vehicles (Axio specifically), for cross comparison to pick the right vehicle.

Also do you guys recommend 2000\2002 Prado? the one in old shape?

Axio X is the base variant, G has some additional features while still retaining the same engine (1.5 1nz-fe)/transmission while Luxel is the top of the line model with 1.8 engine (2ZR-FE).

Anyways, I own an X variant myself and its a decent car with good fuel economy. parts are easily available as well. The difference in features between X and G are as follows:

- G has climate control AC while X does not
    - G has the option of push start while X does not
    - G has a different instrument cluster (odo) than X, G has an RPM gauge which X does not.

The above are some of the main differences between X and G variant, the other differences vary from model to model as X and G have different trim versions (i.e. projection headlamps, rear spoiler, side mirror indicators, steering controls etc) themselves lol

​For further Axio related queries, you can ask the owners here: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/whe...a-corolla-axio

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for suzuki swift dlx (full option)
    Or if u want auto transmition then swift auto!
    Swift is the best car in pak in hatchback categorie iam using swift since more than 2 years its very comfortable its worth buying
    Go for it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by COOLTAHIR View Post
    Go for suzuki swift dlx (full option)
    Or if u want auto transmition then swift auto!
    Swift is the best car in pak in hatchback categorie iam using swift since more than 2 years its very comfortable its worth buying
    Go for it

Swift is not comfortable, very stiff suspension, Axio (or corolla in general) is way better in that regard. I've a Swift myself so I know

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by StrikerX View Post
    Swift is not comfortable, very stiff suspension, Axio (or corolla in general) is way better in that regard. I've a Swift myself so I know
    I have to agree with StrikerX here, swift is not comfortable. And certainly not worth its price tag. I am also not a hatchback fan. I had CT200 Lexus, hatchback, and exchanged it with X5 in 2 weeks. And I tell you, that hatchback is one heck of a car. But I feel uncomfortable in hatchback. Tho I agree its utility in Pak is unmatched. Also I heard its resale value is biblically low.

So avoiding the DLX for as long as I can. Thanks for the suggestion tho.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Axio X is the base variant, G has some additional features while still retaining the same engine (1.5 1nz-fe)/transmission while Luxel is the top of the line model with 1.8 engine (2ZR-FE).

Anyways, I own an X variant myself and its a decent car with good fuel economy. parts are easily available as well. The difference in features between X and G are as follows:

- G has climate control AC while X does not
    - G has the option of push start while X does not
    - G has a different instrument cluster (odo) than X, G has an RPM gauge which X does not.

The above are some of the main differences between X and G variant, the other differences vary from model to model as X and G have different trim versions (i.e. projection headlamps, rear spoiler, side mirror indicators, steering controls etc) themselves lol

​For further Axio related queries, you can ask the owners here: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/whe...a-corolla-axio
    Thank you, good sir. Much appreciated.

However I understand its more complex when it comes to G trim with no clear spec sheet. All i need is full option, or almost loaded vehicle to make my hour long journeys in traffic jams, hmm, interesting. Well Off I go to the fan club, thanks for the tip.

So luxel does not come in 1.5? How's the mileage on 1.8; do we have any statistical comparison between the two? Ball park would do too.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

axio is a good choice considering your area too. its economical and reliable. very comfy too. get a G version if you can find one.

honda hybrid has no market since it is not giving the expected results here.

prado is a far better choice than a surf or a vigo. buy a thai vigo if you wish to but not a vigo champ. it doesnt feel good when you drive a champ over 100km/h.

for prado, tz limited is the best option. dont forget to get a diesel one if you want to enjoy the power

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Swift is comfortable but,
    If u compare it with any sedan like corolla axio or any other than sedans are more comfortable,
    Swift is way better than other hatchback assembled in pak
    Here in sindh mostly roads are bumpy and is very much traffic all the day so any other car corolla or any sedan is very hard to park or drive in such traffic so in that case swift wins the race!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So luxel does not come in 1.5? How's the mileage on 1.8; do we have any statistical comparison between the two? Ball park would do too.
    I don't quite remember but there was a member in the fan club thread who had luxel and he said around 10-11km/l, you can try contacting him for more info.

My last 1yr+ fuel average (I am not a hypermiler , heavy footer):
    New in Pakistan - Need Suggestions! - w8R3Y2B

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@StrikerX which app is this

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon_Tarar View Post
    axio is a good choice considering your area too. its economical and reliable. very comfy too. get a G version if you can find one.

honda hybrid has no market since it is not giving the expected results here.

prado is a far better choice than a surf or a vigo. buy a thai vigo if you wish to but not a vigo champ. it doesnt feel good when you drive a champ over 100km/h.

for prado, tz limited is the best option. dont forget to get a diesel one if you want to enjoy the power
    Thanks much, Haroon. I did drive the Honda Civic (Reborn, I understand) and it has very good ride, no doubt, too low tho, was hitting every "car breaker" out there. I also read in Axio Fan Club that Axio too is very low, and would require either some sort of silver spacers or 15" wheels.

But everyone is speaking high of Axio, so I am pretty much convinced to get that as the point is to understand the auto industry at first and then once I get to know the mechanics, the system etc., then I can get something that needs more maintenance or per se, tricky one.

And thanks for the tip on Prado, I'll check the TZ Limited trim. I also found out in 2002, you can get the older shape or the newer one, depending on the month of manufacturing. The newer shape is going for 45+ where the older for 20+, that is, insane.

The Auto industry in Pak is full of surprises, I may add.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Swift is comfortable but,
    If u compare it with any sedan like corolla axio or any other than sedans are more comfortable,
    Swift is way better than other hatchback assembled in pak
    Here in sindh mostly roads are bumpy and is very much traffic all the day so any other car corolla or any sedan is very hard to park or drive in such traffic so in that case swift wins the race!
    Yes I agree. Any other hatchback assembled in Pak, is not worth the look in comparison to Swift DLX, but its not really comfortable. Its a bit stiff, too low, and very froggy. I will definitely be comparing it with Sedan, because a car is a car, regardless of the matter if its a hatchback or a sedan when it comes to ride/comfort. But definitely its utility is much higher than the sedans. For sure.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I don't quite remember but there was a member in the fan club thread who had luxel and he said around 10-11km/l, you can try contacting him for more info.

My last 1yr+ fuel average (I am not a hypermiler , heavy footer):
    New in Pakistan - Need Suggestions! - w8R3Y2B
    Thank you, sir. That's some mileage there now. 20+ is just unreal. I saw this in the Fan Club thread and I was showing this to a friend today who has a Mehran and he told me his 2011 Mehran doesn't do that well in gas department which your Axio is pulling off.

It's definitely a selling point. I wish Luxel could do that kind of mileage (I read y our post in the fan club about the mileage). I guess G wont make a different as its just a bit different in options, and that's about it, right?

And I believe one can put those skirts and other optional accessories on 2010/2011 1.5 G trim as well?

And do you happen to know the cost of putting an english version module for all Nav/audio needs?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@StrikerX which app is this
    "FuelLog" on Google playstore

Thank you, sir. That's some mileage there now. 20+ is just unreal. I saw this in the Fan Club thread and I was showing this to a friend today who has a Mehran and he told me his 2011 Mehran doesn't do that well in gas department which your Axio is pulling off.

It's definitely a selling point. I wish Luxel could do that kind of mileage (I read y our post in the fan club about the mileage). I guess G wont make a different as its just a bit different in options, and that's about it, right?

And I believe one can put those skirts and other optional accessories on 2010/2011 1.5 G trim as well?

And do you happen to know the cost of putting an english version module for all Nav/audio needs?
    Yeah, 20 was on long and I did try to hypermile which I usually don't hence the average at 15.

G is different in options department but same engine/transmission.

For a quote on nav/audio, try contacting @madhouse12

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    ChipLoco.com | Anything and everything from the tech world!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List