Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Must read before buying new battery (UPS or Car)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Must read before buying new battery (UPS or Car)

To prolong battery life and get maximum performance must follow these points.

1. Never Use battery without initial charging.

2. Never charge the battery soon after putting the electrolyte in it.

3. Leave the battery at least 25 to 30 minutes after adding electrolyte than connect
    with charger which gives 10% ampere of battery capacity.

4. Charge the battery till it reaches 15V and, replace the battery caps, look all cells are
    producing bubbles equally.

5. Every battery have a manufacturing date printed on it........Purchase latest newly
    manufactured one.

6. Make sure that before adding the electrolyte, battery was completely sealed and air tight.

7. Now some companies offering already prepared electrolyte, prefer that one, rather
    then prepared by the electrician or battery vender.

Any query regarding battery will be honestly entertained up to My knowledge Insha Allah

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear, this is the most basic and old kit installed in your UPS. First of all remove the tow wires from the kit which are attached to plates( Biasing volts wires)
    connect the ups with battery , switch it on battery No AC supply, take digital voltmeter, place one probe on negative terminal of battery and second probe on the kit points where from u removed the biasing wires. If there are 4.5 to 5 Volts in each point, your kit is ok.
    If LED are not on, closely inspected the led connections, may be grounding wire is broken.
    If u find the kit,100% OK then i suggest you to buy UPS module having six FETs on each side may cost u 700Rs. Remove these Faulty plates and install that module for better results.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just reached home and inspected the kit from under side....its D101 .....and shocked to find that it was already repaired ... as youcan see from the pic at the end...

I have my digital volt meter lcd broken last week so for now I think I should change the module and kit both...and keep this kit for emergency when suddenly if other kit breaks...

However I already tried removing these wires and connecting ups to battery without AC supply and noise from transformer was gone as if normal operation... but connecting biasing wires to kit again gives too much noise...

please suggest if this combination is fine or there is better transistor to replace 150M?

2 new plates with IRFP 150 M and Imran & Co. D-104 kit

Below part looks repaired
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear get imran and co module and ic104. Purchase both items by yourself. Go to ups repairing workshop..and get these items replaesed.stay clsoe to technician to watch each step. It will help u in future

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Charging amperes should be 10% of battery capacity. Before connecting new ups set up get recharge ur battery upto 1.250 specific gravity.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you dear for helping out...
    As I am in Lahore so will go to hall road and get both things from imran & co. And get items from them....
    I have heard these ready made modules get burned easily in peak summer???
    So can I use my irfp150m plates with ic 104?
    If connections are same then I may connect myself.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

With ic 104 kit no issue of burning module. On module fet are used which are quit powerful like irf. If amperes are properly set then no issue of burning module

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok, thanks dear... tomorrow I will be going to hall road and update when back..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bought IC-105 (IB-4) Imran brothers kit and 75NF75 (10+10) 2000W module and got it installed by the mechanic... My UPS is 700 watts but the mechanic recommended to use 2000W module and said it will prevent from blowing out. I wonder how much it is true???

Will it affect load on ups when light goes? or its fine to use it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Ishtiaq778 ... Observing following issues since installed new kit+module....

1- Charging amps were set to 12amps but I checked and after couple of seconds they fall to 0 and then again start rising till 12... then after 4-5 seconds they fall back to 0 and then after 2 seconds again start to rise till11-12. This happens 5-6 times and then amps settle to 7-8 .

2- Even battery is full when light goes out and ups is running only 1-2 energy savers of 23 watts, battery immediately drains up to 9.8 volts and keeps there... if I remove all load from ups even then it keeps till 10.0 - 10.5 volts. While my old kit was keeping voltage till 11.5 - 11.8 volts even under load of lights and fan and gave backup upto 4 hours..

Any idea what is the cause??? Kit or module faulty? how to test?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nasirjavaid View Post
    @Ishtiaq778 ... Observing following issues since installed new kit+module....

1- Charging amps were set to 12amps but I checked and after couple of seconds they fall to 0 and then again start rising till 12... then after 4-5 seconds they fall back to 0 and then after 2 seconds again start to rise till11-12. This happens 5-6 times and then amps settle to 7-8 .

2- Even battery is full when light goes out and ups is running only 1-2 energy savers of 23 watts, battery immediately drains up to 9.8 volts and keeps there... if I remove all load from ups even then it keeps till 10.0 - 10.5 volts. While my old kit was keeping voltage till 11.5 - 11.8 volts even under load of lights and fan and gave backup upto 4 hours..

Any idea what is the cause??? Kit or module faulty? how to test?
    Dear , i suspect your battery is faulty, one or more cells are short. How old is your Battery?? What brand???
    Your kit and module seems ok, 0 and then again start rising till 12... then after 4-5 seconds they fall back to 0 and then after 2 seconds again start to rise till11-12. This happens 5-6 times and then amps settle to 7-8 .
    This is the normal behavior off this kit while charging, Usually this kit does 3 times 0 to max,charging and 4th time it stays where the ampere are set 12 amp as in your case.
    Plz get check your battery first, do you have hydrometer???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What is battery full cut off point???
    How old is your battery???
    post a pic of battery cells by removing caps, may be i can tell u the condition of your battery.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtiaq778 View Post
    Dear , i suspect your battery is faulty, one or more cells are short. How old is your Battery?? What brand???
    Your kit and module seems ok, 0 and then again start rising till 12... then after 4-5 seconds they fall back to 0 and then after 2 seconds again start to rise till11-12. This happens 5-6 times and then amps settle to 7-8 .
    This is the normal behavior off this kit while charging, Usually this kit does 3 times 0 to max,charging and 4th time it stays where the ampere are set 12 amp as in your case.
    Plz get check your battery first, do you have hydrometer???
    Phew!!! there goes one issue resolved .... the point is with previous kit battery voltage stayed @ 11.5 - 11.8 under couple of savors and a fan's load..... and used to give 3-4 hours of backup easily then how can it become faulty suddenly ???
    Yes I have hydrometer and I am attaching each cell's pic plus hydro reading on one cell seems different but can't trust its reading as it looks broken... tomorrow I will buy new hydrometer and test again...

Must read before buying new battery UPS or Car -1517416Must read before buying new battery UPS or Car -1517417

What is battery full cut off point???
    How old is your battery???
    post a pic of battery cells by removing caps, may be i can tell u the condition of your battery.
    Cut off voltage was set to 12.7 (now changed to 14.4)
    Battery is almost 1.5 years old now.
    Posting the pics below..

Must read before buying new battery UPS or Car -1517491Must read before buying new battery UPS or Car -1517492Must read before buying new battery UPS or Car -1517493Must read before buying new battery UPS or Car -1517494Must read before buying new battery UPS or Car -1517495Must read before buying new battery UPS or Car -1517496Must read before buying new battery UPS or Car -1517497

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Also on black battery lead its drawing 4-5 amps and on red lead 6 amps.... do you think its normal to draw this amount of amperage on inverter mode???

Battery normally stays at 12.3 -12.4 volts hence cells seem fine and it should not drain battery under no load which it does...it drains battery to 10 v even all load is removed from inverter ... could it be due to 2000w (10+10 FET) module ???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

batteries look worn to me
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear nasir, when did u change battery cutt off volts to 14.4??? The volts drop of battery upto 10V is because of short cell.BUT as u mentioned, u changed its cut off volt 14.4 which was previously 12.5, then this is the culprit. No issue with big module, do one test.
    Remove the load plug from back of ur ups, and then measure the amperes drawn by ups from battery, If that amperes are 2 to 3 then its fine,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Don one thing to test the battery , set free the battery cut of volts, means , ups should not full the battery, let ups charging the battery, for 24 hours till battery slightly warm up, measure the volts of battery, note it, and then slowly operate the variable to stop charging.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear nasir, when did u change battery cutt off volts to 14.4??? The volts drop of battery upto 10V is because of short cell.BUT as u mentioned, u changed its cut off volt 14.4 which was previously 12.5, then this is the culprit. No issue with big module, do one test.
    Remove the load plug from back of ur ups, and then measure the amperes drawn by ups from battery, If that amperes are 2 to 3 then its fine,
    Dear as I think if battery cell is short they battery voltage should be around 10.5 v due to one short cell... but battery has resting voltage of 12.3 - 12.4 volts which means its cell can't be short...
    I mentioned previous cut off was 13.7 which I changed to 14.4 ...
    I will be going to get new hydrometer shortly and then test SG of each cell again and do the amps test without load plug and share results here...

UPDATE: amps without load plug is 1.7 on black and 3.6 on red wire

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Don one thing to test the battery , set free the battery cut of volts, means , ups should not full the battery, let ups charging the battery, for 24 hours till battery slightly warm up, measure the volts of battery, note it, and then slowly operate the variable to stop charging.
    hmmm...any specific amps to set for this?? due to loadshedding battery will be used during that one hour ...is it ok??

I am running 23w and 18w savor only and ups beeps after 42 minutes for low battery (low batt set to 9.3v)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nasirjavaid View Post
    hmmm...any specific amps to set for this?? due to loadshedding battery will be used during that one hour ...is it ok??

I am running 23w and 18w savor only and ups beeps after 42 minutes for low battery (low batt set to 9.3v)
    No need to alter charging ampere if set at 12 amperes, do this what is said in last post, if backup time of your battery is impoved then ur battery is ok,
    observe each cell while charging, bubbles should come out from each and every cell

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok boss... will be doing same and report back... afsos aaj markets band hain so no hydrometer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

User Tag List