Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Must read before buying new battery (UPS or Car)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Must read before buying new battery (UPS or Car)

To prolong battery life and get maximum performance must follow these points.

1. Never Use battery without initial charging.

2. Never charge the battery soon after putting the electrolyte in it.

3. Leave the battery at least 25 to 30 minutes after adding electrolyte than connect
    with charger which gives 10% ampere of battery capacity.

4. Charge the battery till it reaches 15V and, replace the battery caps, look all cells are
    producing bubbles equally.

5. Every battery have a manufacturing date printed on it........Purchase latest newly
    manufactured one.

6. Make sure that before adding the electrolyte, battery was completely sealed and air tight.

7. Now some companies offering already prepared electrolyte, prefer that one, rather
    then prepared by the electrician or battery vender.

Any query regarding battery will be honestly entertained up to My knowledge Insha Allah

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bk7690 View Post
    Thank you for your suggestion. Please tell me where can I get genuine AGS batteries from and how much would they cost.
    well therez a shop is college road lahore namely zem batteries ... i hv heard that his atttitude n way of selling batteries and services are great ... u can go their n hv a chat with him and look for urself if hez sellin the genuine batteries ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so umm i bought IB-4 instead of IC104 of imran and co. @Ishtiaq778 what do you think about IB-4 of imran brothers as compared to IC104 of Imran and Co

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wasim625 View Post
    so umm i bought IB-4 instead of IC104 of imran and co. @Ishtiaq778 what do you think about IB-4 of imran brothers as compared to IC104 of Imran and Co
    its ok dear.....ib4 is fine also..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtiaq778 View Post
    its ok dear.....ib4 is fine also..
    ok good for me then.
    now can u please guide how should i tune the 'Bat amp' and 'BAT Full' variables?

Currently, it fulls the battery in 5 hours after every 1 hour of loadshedding. And it clicks full at 14.1 volts (i was playing with it and some how i manage to set it to trip charge once battery is at 14.17 volts ). Now the thing is i want it to reach 14.2 volts in 3 hours instead of 5 hours it is taking right now.

And secondly, can i have a contact on your cell number please? this contact on pakwheels is really slow and take days even to get answers of minor questions.
    And don't worry i won't forward your number to anyone else without your consent and since i have a full time job i am not a WEYLLA lol which means i won't be bugging you no missed calls at 2 a.m lol and no fazool messages.

if you feel easy please drop your number in my inbox.
    Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Wasim.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    Infini solar inverter
    It has intelligent charger
    4*100 Amp Exide batteries
    Won't last for even 6 months. What can be the issue?
    Batteries seem to work normally but after some time they start to loose water. Ups charges them more (Overcharge) and they fail!!
    And how are tubular batteries compared to normal lead acid.

I need to but 8*100 Amp or Tubular batteries.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
    Batteries loosing water means they are being overcharged by faulty inverter or ups. Because UPS or inverter is NOT tripping after batteries have been fully charged.

I have AGS 175 amp battery. Its been 2 years that i have never changed the water. And i watch water levels every week regularly.

My mom used to maintain water level regularly on homage or other inverters. She had habit of it.
    But when i bought this Local ups made by him.
    Initially she used to go and check the water level. It was always full.

Now she seldom cares.

Whenever i go hometown after a month or so. Water is above maximum level.

Call this guy and get proper help. Help suitable for pakistan wapda loadshedding and low high wapda volts does NOT let any american system work here. And his system is successful and customizable according to customer needs.

03034485038. Abid from abid market. Near Bhola Electronics
    Mazang

Dont buy his system. But at least call him.
    His friend
    Dr. Adnan. 03470310109

Sent from my Phone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by elxlr View Post
    Batteries loosing water means they are being overcharged by faulty inverter or ups. Because UPS or inverter is NOT tripping after batteries have been fully charged.

I have AGS 175 amp battery. Its been 2 years that i have never changed the water. And i watch water levels every week regularly.

My mom used to maintain water level regularly on homage or other inverters. She had habit of it.
    But when i bought this Local ups made by him.
    Initially she used to go and check the water level. It was always full.

Now she seldom cares.

Whenever i go hometown after a month or so. Water is above maximum level.

Call this guy and get proper help. Help suitable for pakistan wapda loadshedding and low high wapda volts does NOT let any american system work here. And his system is successful and customizable according to customer needs.

03034485038. Abid from abid market. Near Bhola Electronics
    Mazang

Dont buy his system. But at least call him.
    His friend
    Dr. Adnan. 03470310109

I've studies alot. The inverter has intelligent charger and never over charges until battery has some issues. Now let me come to the problem, The problem is that UPS is 48v so I need 4 batteries and when you have more batteries of low quality (Like these local batteries) they face issue of balancing. You have to do equalization charge every 2 months which is not possible every time for me to do and the second thing is to buy a balancer.

The balancing issue is really serious and always destroys the batteries and then soon batteries either don't accept charge or overcharge. Once a cell or battery faces balancing issue it disturbs the whole bank so ups overcharges other batteries until they die !This time I'm going to buy Tubular Batteries of Volta as I've seen it also has gravity checker on every cell pre installed so i have it will help too. Anyone using tubular here?
    Homeage, chinese etc overcharge and charge battery at more then it's charge taking capacity.

The chinese and desi ups are not pure sine wave thats why i don't prefer them.
    they can cause damage to electrical equipment

Always respect your parents

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I've studies alot. The inverter has intelligent charger and never over charges until battery has some issues. Now let me come to the problem, The problem is that UPS is 48v so I need 4 batteries and when you have more batteries of low quality (Like these local batteries) they face issue of balancing. You have to do equalization charge every 2 months which is not possible every time for me to do and the second thing is to buy a balancer.

The balancing issue is really serious and always destroys the batteries and then soon batteries either don't accept charge or overcharge. Once a cell or battery faces balancing issue it disturbs the whole bank so ups overcharges other batteries until they die !This time I'm going to buy Tubular Batteries of Volta as I've seen it also has gravity checker on every cell pre installed so i have it will help too. Anyone using tubular here?
    Homeage, chinese etc overcharge and charge battery at more then it's charge taking capacity.

The chinese and desi ups are not pure sine wave thats why i don't prefer them.
    they can cause damage to electrical equipment

I understand that you have studied alot.

But me not having to refill water again and again or not at all replacing water and battery running fine. What do you think what kind of UPS i have. Is it good or bad?

While u having to balance every other month. Lemme know where i stand in ur thinking. I mean what is the rank of my ups and battery setup in ur mind. How good or bad they are.

Thanks

Dr. Adnan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I understand that you have studied alot.

But me not having to refill water again and again or not at all replacing water and battery running fine. What do you think what kind of UPS i have. Is it good or bad?

While u having to balance every other month. Lemme know where i stand in ur thinking. I mean what is the rank of my ups and battery setup in ur mind. How good or bad they are.

Thanks

Dr. Adnan

Dekhe baghair kiya bola ja sakta hai. Not having to full water at all orr very less is good as it shows battery is being charged slowly and charger cutting of at proper voltage. Thats it. Ups can be of any kind desi, walati, american, Chinese doesn't matter.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dekhe baghair kiya bola ja sakta hai. Not having to full water at all orr very less is good as it shows battery is being charged slowly and charger cutting of at proper voltage. Thats it. Ups can be of any kind desi, walati, american, Chinese doesn't matter.

Yea. Thats the point.
    Ups is local made using good quality parts. Its like handmade instead of bulk purchase of kita and transformers and then making ups. What i mean by handmade here is that my friend uses good quality of things in his UPS.

Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1463506818.428060.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  107.6 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1463506864.941842.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  73.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1463506893.495104.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  73.9 KBthis is the ups and my battery. Battery terminals and ups thimble are well greased. I don't have the inside picture of it right now in this mobile. Maybe later when i arrive home.

And what u said means i got good UPS which has not given me any trouble for 2 years neither the battery.

Thanks

Nice talking to you. You are quite polite. Ma sha Allah

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yea. Thats the point.
    Ups is local made using good quality parts. Its like handmade instead of bulk purchase of kita and transformers and then making ups. What i mean by handmade here is that my friend uses good quality of things in his UPS.

Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1463506818.428060.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  107.6 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1463506864.941842.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  73.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1463506893.495104.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  73.9 KBthis is the ups and my battery. Battery terminals and ups thimble are well greased. I don't have the inside picture of it right now in this mobile. Maybe later when i arrive home.

And what u said means i got good UPS which has not given me any trouble for 2 years neither the battery.

Thanks

Nice talking to you. You are quite polite. Ma sha Allah

ups with good parts may have a good quality but these ups are square wave or modified sine wave which is not good for electronics.
    I'm satisfied with Infini as we also have solar installed. Used Apc before it waa equally good except for low charging issue bcz it was computer ups upgraded to work as normal

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ups with good parts may have a good quality but these ups are square wave or modified sine wave which is not good for electronics.
    I'm satisfied with Infini as we also have solar installed. Used Apc before it waa equally good except for low charging issue bcz it was computer ups upgraded to work as normal

Thanks. I'll ask my ups Making brother. Whether his Ups is square wave or modified sine wave ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks. I'll ask my ups Making brother. Whether his Ups is square wave or modified sine wave ?

Pure Sine Wave UPS are very expensive coompared to these normal ups. They fans won't givee any kind of sound when on ups. Dimmer won't get burnt and create any issues. I'm sure its not pure sine wave

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Pure Sine Wave UPS are very expensive coompared to these normal ups. They fans won't givee any kind of sound when on ups. Dimmer won't get burnt and create any issues. I'm sure its not pure sine wave

Brother what are the uses of PURE sine wave?
    Because other than saving the desktop computer from restarting when electricity moves from wapda to battery OF UPS system. What is the other usage?

Giving pure sine wave to someone who only has fans and energy savers to use. What will pure sine wave help here ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother what are the uses of PURE sine wave?
    Because other than saving the desktop computer from restarting when electricity moves from wapda to battery OF UPS system. What is the other usage?

Giving pure sine wave to someone who only has fans and energy savers to use. What will pure sine wave help here ?

First of all a UPS with modified sinewave or square wave may also not restart the computer when it shifts from Wapda to Ups/ Vice Versa its not a function of Pure Sine Wave.

-

Pure Sine Wave vs. Modified Sine Wave Inverters ? What?s the Difference?
    The primary job of an inverter is to convert the DC (Direct Current) power from the battery bank or solar panels to AC (Alternating Current) power needed for most appliances. To do that, it must take the constant DC voltage and change it to a sine wave curve that goes above and below 0 volts. When inverters first came out, the most common way to do this was to make the voltage go straight up and down, creating a blocky signal. This is called*modified sine wave, seen in orange in the image below. More advanced modified sine waves make multiple steps, trying to come close to a pure sine wave.

DC Voltage, Modified Sine Wave, and Pure Sine Wave

In the following images, you can see an output of a modified sine wave on an oscilloscope at the left. A Pure Sine wave is shown on the right. Other than how the signal looks, what?s the difference between the two outputs?

Modified Sine Wave and Pure Sine Waves on Oscilloscope

A*modified*sine wave*inverter can be used for simple systems that don?t have any delicate electronics or audio equipment that may pick up the choppy wave and produce a hum. Old tube TVs and motors with brushes are usually ok with modified sine wave. Your digital clock will likely act funky, and battery rechargers quite often just plain won?t work. Some equipment may seem to be working fine, but may run hotter than with a pure sine wave and reduce the life of it.

Take heed if you?re considering buying a modified square wave inverter to shave a few bucks off your system costs. A whole raft of modern appliances won?t run as well and some not at all on this waveform:

Laser printers, photocopiers, and anything with an electrical component called a thyristor. Anything with a silicon-controlled rectifier (SCR), like those used in some washing machine controls. A few laptop computers. Some fluorescent lights with electronic ballasts. Some battery chargers for cordless tools. Some new furnaces and pellet heaters with microprocessor controls. Digital clocks with radios. Appliances having speed/microprocessor controls (like some sewing machines and fans)X-10 home automation systems. Medical equipment such as oxygen concentrators

In general, because the total harmonic distortion is higher in modified square wave inverters, motors will run hotter (less efficiently, consuming up to 30% more energy than with pure sine wave inverters), and likely not last as long. Additionally, a modified square wave inverter will often cause a ?buzz? to be heard from audio devices and sometimes other appliances like ceiling fans and microwave ovens.

We liken using a modified sine wave inverter to running a car with square wheels versus a pure sine wave inverter like running a car with round wheels. In the first case the ride is going to be awful rough and depending on the sensitivity of the car?s occupants they may not survive the ride.

Consult the link below for complete details and pictures

https://www.altestore.com/blog/2015/...he-difference/

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Ups kit

Hello sir, kya aisi ups kit available ha jo charging automatic adjust kry agr main volt km a rhy hn ya ziada battery ko jitny charging volt chaiay wo usy miln. Actually mery main charging volt km a rhy hn jo 150 to 180 vary krty ryty hn js k liay mujy charging volt manually set krny prthy hn. Aksar battery heatup ho jati ha.
    2nd: kya aisi koe kit ha jo agr volt km a rhy hn to vo 220 pury kr k agy battery charge kry.
    I am using the Golden eagle hall road lahore kit.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bought Phoenix this time let's see the results

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by karamdad2006 View Post
    Hello sir, kya aisi ups kit available ha jo charging automatic adjust kry agr main volt km a rhy hn ya ziada battery ko jitny charging volt chaiay wo usy miln. Actually mery main charging volt km a rhy hn jo 150 to 180 vary krty ryty hn js k liay mujy charging volt manually set krny prthy hn. Aksar battery heatup ho jati ha.
    2nd: kya aisi koe kit ha jo agr volt km a rhy hn to vo 220 pury kr k agy battery charge kry.
    I am using the Golden eagle hall road lahore kit.
    Ji. Esi kit hei automatic. Customer ki volt uper nechay jitnay hotay hen tu utni setting kr ke kit automatic per lagai ja sakti hei.

App abid ko call kr ke poch lein. Woh hall road se hi samaan le kr kit bnata hei. Aur adjust krta hei customer ki need ke mutabiq.

Abid. 03034485038

Regards.
    Dr. Adnan.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bought Phoenix this time let's see the results

Why not AGS or Osaka or anyother. Why phoenix? Result tu baad mei pata chalein ***. But why went for phoenix?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Why not AGS or Osaka or anyother. Why phoenix? Result tu baad mei pata chalein ***. But why went for phoenix?

Osaka is the worst battery, Then exide, Volta. Shop keeper is our relative he said AGS used to be the best but now users are having complaints about it and after that only Phoenix is left.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Osaka is the worst battery, Then exide, Volta. Shop keeper is our relative he said AGS used to be the best but now users are having complaints about it and after that only Phoenix is left.

Phoenix UGS series is specially made for use with UPS. It has thicker plates than other batteries...... its service life is good with less complain.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

User Tag List