Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Must read before buying new battery (UPS or Car)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Must read before buying new battery (UPS or Car)

To prolong battery life and get maximum performance must follow these points.

1. Never Use battery without initial charging.

2. Never charge the battery soon after putting the electrolyte in it.

3. Leave the battery at least 25 to 30 minutes after adding electrolyte than connect
    with charger which gives 10% ampere of battery capacity.

4. Charge the battery till it reaches 15V and, replace the battery caps, look all cells are
    producing bubbles equally.

5. Every battery have a manufacturing date printed on it........Purchase latest newly
    manufactured one.

6. Make sure that before adding the electrolyte, battery was completely sealed and air tight.

7. Now some companies offering already prepared electrolyte, prefer that one, rather
    then prepared by the electrician or battery vender.

Any query regarding battery will be honestly entertained up to My knowledge Insha Allah

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by karamdad2006 View Post
    Hello sir, kya aisi ups kit available ha jo charging automatic adjust kry agr main volt km a rhy hn ya ziada battery ko jitny charging volt chaiay wo usy miln. Actually mery main charging volt km a rhy hn jo 150 to 180 vary krty ryty hn js k liay mujy charging volt manually set krny prthy hn. Aksar battery heatup ho jati ha.
    2nd: kya aisi koe kit ha jo agr volt km a rhy hn to vo 220 pury kr k agy battery charge kry.
    I am using the Golden eagle hall road lahore kit.
    Dear, Imarn and co ki kit IC 104 or 105 has all the required features. Post the pic of ups with transformer and KIt visibility . I ll guide you what you can do better with your ups.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    Bought Phoenix this time let's see the results

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
    Which model of battery you purchased??? XP or UGS series????

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Brother istiaq778

I just bought APC su1400rmxl ib3u 24v model. Attached brand new 2 exide n140 batteries with it. I am facing slow charging issue with it. It gives out 4.60 to 5.00 amps max for charging. Also voltage out is 25.50 avg.

Without load (if batteries are removed) voltage is 27.18 which is OK. But charging amps are the culprit here. Battery never charges beyond 3 lights. Any help regarding this issue is greatly welcome. I am not a resident of lahore so not possible to take it somewhere.

Regards
    Sheraz

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Volta,Osaka , exide are all bunch of crap. Phoenix is one of the best.Ags is good but now a days its on the same page where Volta and bunch lies.
    I have purchased Bridge Power and its going good.Its a good battery.New entrant in the market doesn't disappoint.I will VOTE for bridge power

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sfactor View Post
    Dear Brother istiaq778

I just bought APC su1400rmxl ib3u 24v model. Attached brand new 2 exide n140 batteries with it. I am facing slow charging issue with it. It gives out 4.60 to 5.00 amps max for charging. Also voltage out is 25.50 avg.

Without load (if batteries are removed) voltage is 27.18 which is OK. But charging amps are the culprit here. Battery never charges beyond 3 lights. Any help regarding this issue is greatly welcome. I am not a resident of lahore so not possible to take it somewhere.

Regards
    Sheraz

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    Dear, at home you can add extra battery charger only. These UPS are programmed to charge at particular ampere. These charging amperes can only be increased by reprogramming . So at home you can add external charger to solve your problem.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtiaq778 View Post
    Dear, at home you can add extra battery charger only. These UPS are programmed to charge at particular ampere. These charging amperes can only be increased by reprogramming . So at home you can add external charger to solve your problem.
    We can also have a custom built automatic ups which gives amps according to the need of battery and keeps the acid gravity same.

Trickle charge system. All so that what a battery needs. Its what she gets.

Dr. Adnan.

Sent from my Phone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the reply
    Tmorrow i will be taking it to lahore for software / reprogramming. Plz recommend someone in lhr for apc software.

Profound Regards
    Sheraz Ahmed

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Low gravity of batteries

I changed my UPS kit couple of weeks ago with Imran Brothers kit IB-04 with trickles charging and AMP settings as my previous UPS kit also made by Imran Brothers was died after 7 years of service. I also got new pair of Phoenix UGS 140 batteries for the UPS.

I set charging Amperes to 12-13 for my UGS 140 batteries which are I guess 100-110 Amperes. As per my knowledge and information I have learnt from this great thread and also other useful threads that Max charging Amperes should be 10-11 Amperes for my batteries. But I guess 12-13 are just fine. I set my battery full voltage to 28.2 as my UPS is 24 volts.

The problem I faced that after couple of weeks after installation this setup when I checked the gravity of my batteries it was showing 1150, it was less then 1200, it should be 1250. Now I increased the battery full voltage to 28.8

I also checked the hydrometer with my car battery it was perfectly showing 1250 gravity which means hydrometer is not faulty.

The question is for Ishtiaq bhai that what will be the factor for such low gravity in my UPS batteries. Is my UPS settings as described above are correct or do I need to change anything. Your help will be highly appreciated.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by slakr View Post
    Volta,Osaka , exide are all bunch of crap. Phoenix is one of the best.Ags is good but now a days its on the same page where Volta and bunch lies.
    I have purchased Bridge Power and its going good.Its a good battery.New entrant in the market doesn't disappoint.I will VOTE for bridge power

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    I bought millat 185 a month ago. how do you rate that?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold View Post
    I bought millat 185 a month ago. how do you rate that?
    it's my third season with millat 185. going great.
    i have used pyro electrolyte when bought the battery.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Hashim11 View Post
    it's my third season with millat 185. going great.
    i have used pyro electrolyte when bought the battery.
    What is a Pyro electrolyte?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asifch82 how much did the Phoenix batteries cost you? Arr they deep cycle ones?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asifch82 View Post
    I changed my UPS kit couple of weeks ago with Imran Brothers kit IB-04 with trickles charging and AMP settings as my previous UPS kit also made by Imran Brothers was died after 7 years of service. I also got new pair of Phoenix UGS 140 batteries for the UPS.

I set charging Amperes to 12-13 for my UGS 140 batteries which are I guess 100-110 Amperes. As per my knowledge and information I have learnt from this great thread and also other useful threads that Max charging Amperes should be 10-11 Amperes for my batteries. But I guess 12-13 are just fine. I set my battery full voltage to 28.2 as my UPS is 24 volts.

The problem I faced that after couple of weeks after installation this setup when I checked the gravity of my batteries it was showing 1150, it was less then 1200, it should be 1250. Now I increased the battery full voltage to 28.8

I also checked the hydrometer with my car battery it was perfectly showing 1250 gravity which means hydrometer is not faulty.

The question is for Ishtiaq bhai that what will be the factor for such low gravity in my UPS batteries. Is my UPS settings as described above are correct or do I need to change anything. Your help will be highly appreciated.
    Batteries with UPS ....keep gravity between 1200 to 1250. Its quite fine....... If you are getting back up time up to your requirement, then 1200 gravity is ok......so there is no need to worry

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I got Phoenix UGS 140 for 9000 each and my old AGS N125 was adjusted for 2000 each. They are not deep cycle batteries, just normal lead acid / wet batteries but specially designed for UPS with thicker plates, At least what is what Phoenix gouys told us.

Normal battery vendors are selling it at higher price I guess for 9500 but i got mine from Phoenix authorized dealer mentioned at their website.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Batteries with UPS ....keep gravity between 1200 to 1250. Its quite fine....... If you are getting back up time up to your requirement, then 1200 gravity is ok......so there is no need to worry
    Thanks Ishtiaq bhai, backup is just fine and I guess you are right 1200 gravity is just alright.
    Can you please tell me that 28.8 cut off voltage is fine or should I reduce to 28.4 something and other thing is that UPS started charging at 12-13 AMP is it ok or should I reduced it too. It is a trickle charging kit, it starts at 12-13 AMP then gradually reduce the charging AMP step by step and at last it charged at 4-5 AMP.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What is a Pyro electrolyte?
    Dear pyro electrolyte is a acid that you put it in new battery when you purchased it, google pyro chemicals you will get the website. They deliver the battery acid at home as well but only in Lahore. It is better than the normal acid battery shops put it in batteries. It will surely increase the performance and life of battery because they prepare acid in pure distilled water.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear pyro electrolyte is a acid that you put it in new battery when you purchased it, google pyro chemicals you will get the website. They deliver the battery acid at home as well but only in Lahore. It is better than the normal acid battery shops put it in batteries. It will surely increase the performance and life of battery because they prepare acid in pure distilled water.
    Ahan i see. So one must be familiar in what quantity it must be added. Also i did search the website it seems that have a 30 litre can. Do they deliver in smaller quantity as you have ordered before. How much did it cost you?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ahan i see. So one must be familiar in what quantity it must be added. Also i did search the website it seems that have a 30 litre can. Do they deliver in smaller quantity as you have ordered before. How much did it cost you?
    I did not get a chance this time to get acid from pyro may be in future although i contacted the sales person in pyrochem and he said that 1 CAN is sufficient for 2 medium batteries and they charge i guess Rs. 1000 for a CAN, though it is worth it. If you are buying a new battery get pyro acid in advance then get that acid to battery vendor and ask him to put that acid in battery and after 1-2 hours charge the battery. You may ask for discount from battery shop as you are not getting acid from them, they can give you 300-400 discount for acid.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I did not get a chance this time to get acid from pyro may be in future although i contacted the sales person in pyrochem and he said that 1 CAN is sufficient for 2 medium batteries and they charge i guess Rs. 1000 for a CAN, though it is worth it. If you are buying a new battery get pyro acid in advance then get that acid to battery vendor and ask him to put that acid in battery and after 1-2 hours charge the battery. You may ask for discount from battery shop as you are not getting acid from them, they can give you 300-400 discount for acid.
    Thanks. You sir have increased my knowledge in this regard. I have bought the battery now as i said a month ago almost and i hope so that it runs good for two seasons which is normally the case with my UPS. But i will go for this the next time i purchase a new battery.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Ishtiaq778
    Boss what is the term 'ups calibirating' (with battery) how its done on both branded UPS and desi ones. when and how often we should do this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

User Tag List