Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Must read before buying new battery (UPS or Car)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Must read before buying new battery (UPS or Car)

To prolong battery life and get maximum performance must follow these points.

1. Never Use battery without initial charging.

2. Never charge the battery soon after putting the electrolyte in it.

3. Leave the battery at least 25 to 30 minutes after adding electrolyte than connect
    with charger which gives 10% ampere of battery capacity.

4. Charge the battery till it reaches 15V and, replace the battery caps, look all cells are
    producing bubbles equally.

5. Every battery have a manufacturing date printed on it........Purchase latest newly
    manufactured one.

6. Make sure that before adding the electrolyte, battery was completely sealed and air tight.

7. Now some companies offering already prepared electrolyte, prefer that one, rather
    then prepared by the electrician or battery vender.

Any query regarding battery will be honestly entertained up to My knowledge Insha Allah

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by HellsGuardian View Post
    Voltmeter to measure voltage across terminals, clamp meter to measure current.

If you don't have it and are not in to techie stuff then i guess you need to get it checked from electrician
    can you please guide me that what should be the standard values for voltage & current ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chamernazir View Post
    can you please guide me that what should be the standard values for voltage & current ?
    UPS should turn off charging when voltage on battery reaches 14.1-14.3v

I still advise not to tinker with it unless you know what your doing. An accidental short with battery can create fire, call an electrician and ask him to check voltage and amperes of UPS. Also ask him to check gravity of battery...

He will try to say that this or that is the problem but still insist on getting the readings, note it down and post here.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

UPS should turn off charging when voltage on battery reaches 14.1-14.3v

I still advise not to tinker with it unless you know what your doing. An accidental short with battery can create fire, call an electrician and ask him to check voltage and amperes of UPS. Also ask him to check gravity of battery...

He will try to say that this or that is the problem but still insist on getting the readings, note it down and post here.
    thanks for the reply mate.
    today i checked the battery again in the morning. today the water level was constant (same as yesterday) but the battery was heated up a lot

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chamernazir View Post
    thanks for the reply mate.
    today i checked the battery again in the morning. today the water level was constant (same as yesterday) but the battery was heated up a lot
    because whole night it kept charging it, and these days light is not going to let it discharge. Get it checked soon because if ups is faulty, your battery will be dead soon as well.

if load shedding is not happening, Why dont you disconnect/turn off the ups so that at least it wont damage the battery?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

because whole night it kept charging it, and these days light is not going to let it discharge. Get it checked soon because if ups is faulty, your battery will be dead soon as well.

if load shedding is not happening, Why dont you disconnect/turn off the ups so that at least it wont damage the battery?
    OK BOSS. will definitely disconnect it today & get it checked this weekend INSHA ALLAH

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am going to buy inverter ?please guide me which inverter is good ? my requirement :5 fan 7 saver ,
    what is better 12 volt or 24 volt (single battery or double battery) ? what about APC refurbished?
    plz help me out.

thx

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hellomobi View Post
    I am going to buy inverter ?please guide me which inverter is good ? my requirement :5 fan 7 saver ,
    what is better 12 volt or 24 volt (single battery or double battery) ? what about APC refurbished?
    plz help me out.

thx

You may go for Homage, CyberPower or any other reliable brand. Refurbished APC UPS are also good if refurbished properly with good quality parts. Otherwise, just waste of money. Go for dual battery inverter for lasting backup. If requirement is running fans and lights only, modified sine wave UPS will serve the purpose.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ch.talal View Post
    You may go for Homage, CyberPower or any other reliable brand. Refurbished APC UPS are also good if refurbished properly with good quality parts. Otherwise, just waste of money. Go for dual battery inverter for lasting backup. If requirement is running fans and lights only, modified sine wave UPS will serve the purpose.
    thx dear.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtiaq778 View Post
    Dear, all chines ups (invertors) are same inside, no difference in technology, as these have fixed ampere charging so in frequent load shedding after every hour, they fail........
    Now homage new model is also available with adjustable 10/20A charging, so Homage new model is better in all......

Brother Ishtiaq,

Can you please guide
    1. How much amperes local ups (1200VA) and a chineese ups (1200VA) consume in case there is no load on it (in case there is nobody at home and light turns off). In other words which UPS consumes more current when only ups is on and no load is there??
    2. Do chineese UPS also have big transformer for its working?
    3. Inverex also has 10/20 ampere charging. Is it good to buy?
    rizw@n
    ICT

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ch.talal View Post
    Brother, i need to run 4 fans. if single battery Inverex/ Homage UPS can run 5 fans (as they claim) then why i should go for double batter? Can not i save coast of one battery every year?
    rizw@n
    ICT

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Ishtiaq,

I have been using APC 1000VA smart UPS since 2008 without any issue. This year i have changed the batteries in March and install two 85amp AGS batteries but UPS keeping beeping for low battery when power on UPS. I took the UPS to vendor CITY UPS Ferozpur Road, engineer connect the UPS with Laptop, update the software which last for 3 months and started again low battery issue. again he update the software which last for 10 days and low battery issue raised again. i even checked the batteries from where i have purchased which was OK. My maximum load is two Fans and two energy savers. more interesting UPS doesn't turn off it keep beeping for more than two hours.

Need your Help what is myth of software....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rizwan_cs View Post
    Brother Ishtiaq,

Can you please guide
    1. How much amperes local ups (1200VA) and a chineese ups (1200VA) consume in case there is no load on it (in case there is nobody at home and light turns off). In other words which UPS consumes more current when only ups is on and no load is there??
    2. Do chineese UPS also have big transformer for its working?
    3. Inverex also has 10/20 ampere charging. Is it good to buy?
    2. No
    3. I have it, its been working great since last august. In winters I set it to 10amps and in summer I set it to 20amps.

Quote Originally Posted by rizwan_cs View Post
    Brother, i need to run 4 fans. if single battery Inverex/ Homage UPS can run 5 fans (as they claim) then why i should go for double batter? Can not i save coast of one battery every year?

2 batteries can give you more juice. My one battery NS175 can easily give 2+ hour backup on 3 fans and couple energy savers

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Must read before buying new battery UPS or Car -1382401 Ishtiaq bro previously you had advised to add two 120 amp hour batteries for a 500w 12v UPS but battery guy discourages me by giving the reason that in a parallel set up if one of the batter thy weakens it harms the other ( HE IS RIGHT TO SAY THIS, BUT IF U USE SINGLE BATTERY, AND IT BECOMES WEAKEN YOU WILL SUFFERE 100% LOSS WHILE IF 1 BATTERY OF PAIR IS WEAKEN YOU WILL FACE 50% LOSS.) and I wanted to know how is charging made efficient by adding two small batteries instead of in large...( LOOK THE FIGURE I MENTIONED, U WILL GET BETTER UNDERSTANDING,
    Co here's my situation I face load shedding like every 2 hour outage after an hour of electricity on routine em running 3 fans 4 25w bulbs so after analyzing my situation kindly suggest which battery should I go for and won't these two small batteries a take more time to charge hence overloading the mains in summer wen voltage also fluctuates( FIGURE EXPLAIN YOUR BOTH CONFUSIONS)
    Bro is it better to hookup two batteries in Series OR Parallel in a UPS setup???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Firstly note the cut of volts of your ups..........by placing porbs( needle) of voltmeter ............it should be about 28 to 28.4 Volts
    Bro plz advise how to check the charging rate and cutoff voltage of my UPS. Do I need to do this when batteries are full? I have a multi meter handy so let me know the procedure, thanks

P.S

I'll appreciate your input on my questions on this thread as well as I don't want to repost them here:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/ele...r-batteries-72

Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So we should unplug the UPS and turn it off, won't that slowly discharge the batteries still??? Or should we also disconnect the battery terminals???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by unstopabl3 View Post
    So we should unplug the UPS and turn it off, won't that slowly discharge the batteries still??? Or should we also disconnect the battery terminals???
    depends. e.g if the duration is small 1-2 weeks. You can leave the ups as it is. But If battery is weak (cannot hold charge) your should convert your load to battery occasionally. Like in my case, there is a circuit breaker at input of the UPS so i simply have to turn off the breaker and let appliances work on battery for an hour or so. Charge and discharge cycles are good for battery health.

If the duration is large e.g a month, then better turn off the UPS (saves electricity too) and disconnect battery but again if battery is weak (like in his case, ups keeps charging it) then first option is better

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro plz advise how to check the charging rate and cutoff voltage of my UPS. Do I need to do this when batteries are full? I have a multi meter handy so let me know the procedure, thanks

P.S

I'll appreciate your input on my questions on this thread as well as I don't want to repost them here:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/ele...r-batteries-72

Thanks
    To measure the charging rate, u need AC/DC Clamp meter.
    Charging Cut can only be checked by placing Probes of DC volt meter on battery terminal when UPS is on charging mode, keeping eye on the reading, of voltmeter, and ears to the click sound of relay of ups, when battery charging stops

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro is it better to hookup two batteries in Series OR Parallel in a UPS setup???
    If you have 24V UPS, connect the two batteries in series.

If you have 12V UPS, connect them in parallel. (In this case, you can also use single battery, but 24V UPS won't run on single battery)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by IsbCap View Post
    If you have 24V UPS, connect the two batteries in series.

If you have 12V UPS, connect them in parallel. (In this case, you can also use single battery, but 24V UPS won't run on single battery)
    Yes mine is 24V UPS, if it was 12V does that mean I could only set the batteries in parallel??? And does this provide more or less battery time???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

To measure the charging rate, u need AC/DC Clamp meter.
    Charging Cut can only be checked by placing Probes of DC volt meter on battery terminal when UPS is on charging mode, keeping eye on the reading, of voltmeter, and ears to the click sound of relay of ups, when battery charging stops
    Bro I've got the Uni-T clamp multimeter which has AC/DC functions and a hydrometer so plz tell me the complete procedure to check the health of my batteries and the UPS settings thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

User Tag List