4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Myths regarding 660cc Cars

Well, I have come across a lot of people who say " yaar 660 cc engine waali gaari nhn chahiye it's underpowered, small and bla bla ". I myself have two 660 cc's , one 1000cc and and 1 1300cc car. I have driven SUVs and other cars with big engines.
    So, I have come across a few myths that people have regarding 660 cc cars. It's just my option and people can disagree to that.

1. 660 cc engine is underpowered : more Cubic Centimeters do not always mean the car is more powerful. Daihatsu Mira, for instance , has 58 bhp while Suzuki Mehran and Suzuki cultus have 35 and 55 HP respectively. So, a 660 Mira is a lot more powerful than 800cc Mehran and 1000cc cultus.

2. 660 cc is not always fuel efficient: To some extent it's right, obviously a 660cc driven at higher RPMs will not give you any better mileage but a 660 cc car driven at lower RPM can obviously be more fuel efficient than a 1300cc with same the RPM , other factors remain constant.

3. 660cc can't run on long routes: That's not true, I have driven so many cars, but it's just people's perception that smaller cars can't run on long routes. I have done something like 500 kms in one interval. The only problem I had with any car on long routes was Suzuki cultus. It had heating issues whereas, 660's didn't come up with any issues.

4. Smaller cars, road grip issue : These dinkies can't be compared with Honda civic when it comes to road grip, but they are surely better than my 2007 corolla interms of road grip, believe me. But these cars are safer too with ABS and others safety features.

5. Almost all the 660's are accidented when they come to Pakistan : Nope, not true. Some are accidented badly while others are totally genuine. Well to me, it doesn't matter if a part or two are changed or repaired due to some minor accidents because I pay lower price and the car that I get is obviously better than many new Pakistani cars.
    If the car is totally TOTALED ( idk how if that's the word used for fully accidented cars ) then we should refrain from it but if it has minor repairing done then we can have it. In normal life you don't actually think about that as far as the car is mechanically sound.

Similar Threads:

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umarkhan1 View Post
    it means that my 997cc 60 hp cultus efi can produce more power then a 1300cc car??
    sure it can... redesign the engine for lesser friction and forced induction and high compression...

its all about how the engine is designed.. suzuki uses stone age technology...

the latest nissan racing engine pumps out 400 hp out of a tiny 3 cylinder 1.5 liter engine...

greater displacement does not ALWAYS mean more power..
    the problem is not our govt... its the people..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Auction Grade

The level of damage can be judged by referring to the Auction sheet I guess, came across a few posts and blogs at PWs with details about this.

I agree that more cc doesn't always mean more power............... but definitely smaller engines producing more power also undergo more wear n tear.
    Transportation Engineer

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Faisalsaeed11 View Post
    Obviously, as i stated this earlier that it's just 'my opinion'. But again, my opinion is based on certain experiences that I have come across. I have run a lot of 660s my self and that's where my opinion has come from.

Firstly, high wear and tear will only come if you use the car harshly. See, it's not made for power obviously but these engines would last a lot if you use them the correct way. See, if you put a lot of stress on the engine like if you race or use the car harshly then obviously the wear and tear would be more. That applies to all the engines not just 660's.

Secondly , i 660's have smaller engines but you should also consider the power to weight ratio. These cars are built smaller. The engine itself is smaller in weight. A 660cc car with 4 people sitting is not gonna put stress on the engine but if you accommodate 6 people then there will be a problem but again, its not gonna impact as much.

Thirdly not all parts are expensive. You can get a sealed engine of Mira 660 in just under 30k. Other daily usage parts are not expensive. But, yeah, in general these parts are more expensive than locally made ones but then again, all the imported cars have this issue. Not just 660cc cars.
    I purchased a vacuum cleaner from the market. Its power consumption is 1800W. I purchased anoyher used vacuum cleaner from OLX made in UK. Its power is 1000W. When I compared the suction power, the imported one have double suction power than 1800w.
    A friend of mine, brought water pump from Dubai, made in USA, the size of moter was very small, power consumption was only 350 watts, suction pipe diameter was 1 .25 inch and receiving pipe diameter 1 inch. ???In local market such capacity motor is of 760 to 1000Watts.

I observed many many electrical items, imported consume less electricity but produce more Power.

So, the formula, parts, quality grade of any imported machinery is much more superior than local one.

Any 660cc engine is more powerful, reliable and trouble free than PKDm engines?.
    Suzuki Mehran 800 cc is 35HP while Suzuki alto 660cc procures 53HP.
    There are plenty of questions asked about AC of mehran,not working,heating issue, don?t go for ac in mehran etc??but all 660cc have built in AC and working fine much better than the Alto 1000cc pkdm.
    I totally agree with experience and results of Faisa Saeed

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bhai jitni batein kar loun naye gari naye hoti ha

yahan tu japani gari ma koi masla nikala aye tu himesha 2 reasons batye jate hain by the professionals experts :

1 sir yahan par jo petrol ha naw vo mix ho kar ata ha yahan ka hi octane bhi pure nahi ha bla bla bla
    2 bhai yeh masla araha ha gari ma bhai yeh genion masla ha gari ma ais model ki yeh ap ki nahi sub hi gariyo ma ata ha bus ap bardash kare or aise chale

yeh kia koi bakwas ha atnay paise bhi khrach doun or phr bhi phuti sidhi batein suno

ais lia personal opinion ha always buy brand new car as compared to these accidental and high millage cars
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That's just one extreme. All the cars that you showed are almost totaled and are supposed to be repaired fully. I have seen cars which have repaired fenders or bonnets( which you include them in your 90%) . But do we really care about repaired body parts of cars in our daily lives? A few repaired body parts are not gonna affect us. The car has to be mechanically perfect.
    Here's what I think
    Out of 100 cars imported
    10 are totaled
    40 are minor accidented
    30 have only few repairs
    Rest are good condition cars + excellent ones

But again, those minor accidented cars can be a good buy for some people due to price constraints. Genuine cars hell lot expensive
    Those 40 percent less accidental and 30 percent cars with few repairs are more expensive than market. no one wants to pay more than market for a 660cc,Resale issue later and bla bla bla

Sent from my A900 using Tapatalk
    Always respect your parents

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nfssaad View Post
    sure it can... redesign the engine for lesser friction and forced induction and high compression...

its all about how the engine is designed.. suzuki uses stone age technology...

the latest nissan racing engine pumps out 400 hp out of a tiny 3 cylinder 1.5 liter engine...

greater displacement does not ALWAYS mean more power..

what about torque then??
    Just Do It Your Self!!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtiaq778 View Post
    I purchased a vacuum cleaner from the market. Its power consumption is 1800W. I purchased anoyher used vacuum cleaner from OLX made in UK. Its power is 1000W. When I compared the suction power, the imported one have double suction power than 1800w.
    A friend of mine, brought water pump from Dubai, made in USA, the size of moter was very small, power consumption was only 350 watts, suction pipe diameter was 1 .25 inch and receiving pipe diameter 1 inch. ???In local market such capacity motor is of 760 to 1000Watts.

I observed many many electrical items, imported consume less electricity but produce more Power.

So, the formula, parts, quality grade of any imported machinery is much more superior than local one.

Any 660cc engine is more powerful, reliable and trouble free than PKDm engines?.
    Suzuki Mehran 800 cc is 35HP while Suzuki alto 660cc procures 53HP.
    There are plenty of questions asked about AC of mehran,not working,heating issue, don?t go for ac in mehran etc??but all 660cc have built in AC and working fine much better than the Alto 1000cc pkdm.
    I totally agree with experience and results of Faisa Saeed
    All are machines - a vacuum cleaner, small pump etc are disposable items (not meant for hardware repair), Your car is not, its an expensive machine.

The problem is that where do I and ask for "NEW" repair parts for these machines, e.g. lets say I have a fleet of 20 such cars and I need CV joints, brake pads brake rubber pipes, control arm bushings, rack ends, and struts. - Used cannot be applied because it wont pass any audit - Hence I need new parts.

Where can I go to pay and carry back all parts?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Pakistan will soon become Sushi's junkyard....regardless of their quality and all facts....they are dumping here in Pakistan
    <..If everything seems under control, U r not going fast enough..>

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mansoor_qadir View Post
    Pakistan will soon become Sushi's junkyard....regardless of their quality and all facts....they are dumping here in Pakistan
    But u will agree that all that dump is way better than new cars produced in Pakistan specially Mehran and cultus. But guess what people are happy running their mehrans and complain about those 660s whereas these dinkies are built better than many locally produced luxurious cars

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    Those 40 percent less accidental and 30 percent cars with few repairs are more expensive than market. no one wants to pay more than market for a 660cc,Resale issue later and bla bla bla

You just have to be good at dealing. Resale issue is again created by these dealers who would make their lame stories about cars. And yeah again, those less accidented and few repair cars are at a lower price than other genuine cars. It's sometimes easy to spot the parts that may be changed. Changed parts is not an issue though, repaired parts is. But again, should we really care about these minor repairs? It doesn't change the comfort of the car. But yeah, selling will be an issue but it's not much these days, market for 660's like Mira and alto is pretty good now.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MADDYBOY View Post
    bhai jitni batein kar loun naye gari naye hoti ha

yahan tu japani gari ma koi masla nikala aye tu himesha 2 reasons batye jate hain by the professionals experts :

1 sir yahan par jo petrol ha naw vo mix ho kar ata ha yahan ka hi octane bhi pure nahi ha bla bla bla
    2 bhai yeh masla araha ha gari ma bhai yeh genion masla ha gari ma ais model ki yeh ap ki nahi sub hi gariyo ma ata ha bus ap bardash kare or aise chale

yeh kia koi bakwas ha atnay paise bhi khrach doun or phr bhi phuti sidhi batein suno

ais lia personal opinion ha always buy brand new car as compared to these accidental and high millage cars
    Firstly, it all depends on the car that you are buying
    Bhai abhi mera dost lekar aaya Cultus 2014!!! Usme to side mirror bhi sahih fit nhn. Saari gari awaz karti hai. 1980's ka model hai jo Pak Suzuki waale chala rahe hen. Is range mein 8-12 lacs mein aur koi gari nhn!!! That's why 660 acha option hai. Agar gari Lena aapko aata hai to koi masla nhn Hona chahiye achi gari Milne mein.
    Kisi Japanese gari mein masla ho to bataye as an example
    Aur haan, patrol ka masla hai yahan pe par har gari mein nhn. Meri Mira mein knocking ka masla nhn but mini pajero mein hai. Vitz mein bhi hai. Lekin kuch liter high octane ka daalden to masla sahih hojaata hai cars mein

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umarkhan1 View Post
    it means that my 997cc 60 hp cultus efi can produce more power then a 1300cc car??
    Depends on the engine brother.
    800cc Mehran produces 35 hp
    660cc Mira produces 58 hp while turbo version 63 hp
    990cc cultus produces 55hp
    So usually bigger engine means more hp but it's not always the case.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    All are machines - a vacuum cleaner, small pump etc are disposable items (not meant for hardware repair), Your car is not, its an expensive machine.

The problem is that where do I and ask for "NEW" repair parts for these machines, e.g. lets say I have a fleet of 20 such cars and I need CV joints, brake pads brake rubber pipes, control arm bushings, rack ends, and struts. - Used cannot be applied because it wont pass any audit - Hence I need new parts.

Where can I go to pay and carry back all parts?
    Brother, where there is a will,there is a way. At Pakwheel, some members are offering that, they can get any car’s brand new OEM part within 15 days with home delivery. At what cost??? The quality of imported vehicles is quite high, has very less repair maintenance frequency as compared to domestic stuff……..NOW to get parts of any vehicle, any machinery is just a matter of time, you have to wait only for delivery.
    Sher Shah in Karachi, Bilal gunj in Lahore, Chah e Sultan Rawalpindi……..These are the places , where from you can get what ever you want, You have to spare some time to visit…. And you can get at much cheaper rates………..i purchased complete CV joints pair along with shaft( jdm alto) of just Rs: 2500. Working flawless, without any problem………… I got replaced EPS @3500…..I am using this alto from 1 year, without any problem, without visiting mechanics……previously I owned mehran, and every mechanic become my friend because of frequents visits.
    I respect your opinion , but there is much more beyond to mirror.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You just have to be good at dealing. Resale issue is again created by these dealers who would make their lame stories about cars. And yeah again, those less accidented and few repair cars are at a lower price than other genuine cars. It's sometimes easy to spot the parts that may be changed. Changed parts is not an issue though, repaired parts is. But again, should we really care about these minor repairs? It doesn't change the comfort of the car. But yeah, selling will be an issue but it's not much these days, market for 660's like Mira and alto is pretty good now.
    10 percent people may be good at bargaining, 10 percent maybe good at checking for damage but what about those who are driving totalled cars and considering them as bumper to bumper genuine ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I sold my mira eS for 1140 , i told the person everything that this side is painted , side mirror is repaired , it was hit front underneath , i will remove cd player , the price is high , the denters and painters he bought couldn't recognise the rapired area .
    Still after a day he came and took the car , this bher chaal is going on , prius in hybrid , mira es in 660 it doesn't matter if u can get a better car , bigger car (Passo , corolla) in 11 50 k but people want mira es , it took me just a day to sell the car and i was amazed

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I sold my mira eS for 1140 , i told the person everything that this side is painted , side mirror is repaired , it was hit front underneath , i will remove cd player , the price is high , the denters and painters he bought couldn't recognise the rapired area .
    Still after a day he came and took the car , this bher chaal is going on , prius in hybrid , mira es in 660 it doesn't matter if u can get a better car , bigger car (Passo , corolla) in 11 50 k but people want mira es , it took me just a day to sell the car and i was amazed

Because it's a damn good car and these type of cars are in high demand

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SyedMoazzam View Post
    Because it's a damn good car and these type of cars are in high demand
    Still its stupidity to pay more than a million for a 660cc car!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Passo is so heavy on the fuel
    Corolla , u can only get older one
    Mira e:s is so fuel effiecient. I still consider it better than passo and not the other way around
    My Mira 2008 is more spacious than corolla, passo and many other cars.
    Why did u sell the car?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Still its stupidity to pay more than a million for a 660cc car!

See I was talking about this mentality. 660 is just the engine size and plus Mira e:s is known for fuel economy. Log?n k kehne pe u thought this 660 was inferior to passo whereas Mira e:s is known for its fuel effiency.
    Yes, if you have the money and don't care about fuel economy you can obviously choose for passo or Vitz whichever you think is a better car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

See I was talking about this mentality. 660 is just the engine size and plus Mira e:s is known for fuel economy. Log?n k kehne pe u thought this 660 was inferior to passo whereas Mira e:s is known for its fuel effiency.
    Yes, if you have the money and don't care about fuel economy you can obviously choose for passo or Vitz whichever you think is a better car.
    Just fuel economy is not to be looked at ...
    1000cc means bigger car
    Bigger engine
    Change in Class
    And thousands of more thing s are there.
    You also get a 660 under 1 million and if u keep the rest money in bank , you can get fuel free of cost for your lifetime ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List