Well, I have come across a lot of people who say " yaar 660 cc engine waali gaari nhn chahiye it's underpowered, small and bla bla ". I myself have two 660 cc's , one 1000cc and and 1 1300cc car. I have driven SUVs and other cars with big engines.
So, I have come across a few myths that people have regarding 660 cc cars. It's just my option and people can disagree to that.
1. 660 cc engine is underpowered : more Cubic Centimeters do not always mean the car is more powerful. Daihatsu Mira, for instance , has 58 bhp while Suzuki Mehran and Suzuki cultus have 35 and 55 HP respectively. So, a 660 Mira is a lot more powerful than 800cc Mehran and 1000cc cultus.
2. 660 cc is not always fuel efficient: To some extent it's right, obviously a 660cc driven at higher RPMs will not give you any better mileage but a 660 cc car driven at lower RPM can obviously be more fuel efficient than a 1300cc with same the RPM , other factors remain constant.
3. 660cc can't run on long routes: That's not true, I have driven so many cars, but it's just people's perception that smaller cars can't run on long routes. I have done something like 500 kms in one interval. The only problem I had with any car on long routes was Suzuki cultus. It had heating issues whereas, 660's didn't come up with any issues.
4. Smaller cars, road grip issue : These dinkies can't be compared with Honda civic when it comes to road grip, but they are surely better than my 2007 corolla interms of road grip, believe me. But these cars are safer too with ABS and others safety features.
5. Almost all the 660's are accidented when they come to Pakistan : Nope, not true. Some are accidented badly while others are totally genuine. Well to me, it doesn't matter if a part or two are changed or repaired due to some minor accidents because I pay lower price and the car that I get is obviously better than many new Pakistani cars.
If the car is totally TOTALED ( idk how if that's the word used for fully accidented cars ) then we should refrain from it but if it has minor repairing done then we can have it. In normal life you don't actually think about that as far as the car is mechanically sound.Similar Threads:
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad