4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Myths regarding 660cc Cars

Well, I have come across a lot of people who say " yaar 660 cc engine waali gaari nhn chahiye it's underpowered, small and bla bla ". I myself have two 660 cc's , one 1000cc and and 1 1300cc car. I have driven SUVs and other cars with big engines.
    So, I have come across a few myths that people have regarding 660 cc cars. It's just my option and people can disagree to that.

1. 660 cc engine is underpowered : more Cubic Centimeters do not always mean the car is more powerful. Daihatsu Mira, for instance , has 58 bhp while Suzuki Mehran and Suzuki cultus have 35 and 55 HP respectively. So, a 660 Mira is a lot more powerful than 800cc Mehran and 1000cc cultus.

2. 660 cc is not always fuel efficient: To some extent it's right, obviously a 660cc driven at higher RPMs will not give you any better mileage but a 660 cc car driven at lower RPM can obviously be more fuel efficient than a 1300cc with same the RPM , other factors remain constant.

3. 660cc can't run on long routes: That's not true, I have driven so many cars, but it's just people's perception that smaller cars can't run on long routes. I have done something like 500 kms in one interval. The only problem I had with any car on long routes was Suzuki cultus. It had heating issues whereas, 660's didn't come up with any issues.

4. Smaller cars, road grip issue : These dinkies can't be compared with Honda civic when it comes to road grip, but they are surely better than my 2007 corolla interms of road grip, believe me. But these cars are safer too with ABS and others safety features.

5. Almost all the 660's are accidented when they come to Pakistan : Nope, not true. Some are accidented badly while others are totally genuine. Well to me, it doesn't matter if a part or two are changed or repaired due to some minor accidents because I pay lower price and the car that I get is obviously better than many new Pakistani cars.
    If the car is totally TOTALED ( idk how if that's the word used for fully accidented cars ) then we should refrain from it but if it has minor repairing done then we can have it. In normal life you don't actually think about that as far as the car is mechanically sound.

Similar Threads:

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    I am giving you an example - im not comparing the two - use common sense - the comparison being given is between two engines of the same displacement produced by mercedes benz. One has torque in the mid range and one has torque in the peak range.

The mid range torque engine is more useful in everyday life and runs for incredible mileages (mine is nearing 288,000 kms and still is a running champion)

I have taken a POS 0.66 litre kei car on the highways and punjab motorway in Pakistan - they were 5 passengers in total plus luggage, the turbo was shot after our journey and the engine oil was cooked beyond usage - In the end the repair cost plus fuel plus irritation plus wastage of time replacing the POS turbo and sorting out the engine and transmission were far more more expensive than if we had simply used a corolla/corona/civic/accord

When I have a requirement of transport I dont try to wing a situation - e.g. if I want to drag a 5 ton load I wont tie it behind my sedan, I will get the truck out and tie it up to it.

I repair automatic transmissions - and have been doing that in Pakistan too, the CVT you are so praising is not exactly economical when it comes to repairing. and the ever so loving low rpm that you claim is not quite useful because you may cruise at no load for a short distance (the CVT will go into max overdrive) but because your engine it gutless at low rpm the ECU is programmed to force the CVT to go to quite a lot of underdrive in order to raise rpm and get going again.

You are in love with 0.66 litre kei cars - I cannot change that. The fact of the matter is that you will overlook all its failures to justify it. I know its useless to argue over the internet because 99% of Pakistani drivers think that spare parts mean replacement (of unknown origin) hard parts and consumables, whilst all other parts are not considered spare parts (like finishing, drivetrain, HVAC, safety etc - and 100% of the times Im pointed to "scrap market") - Im not a scrap market person and never was even in Pakistan.
    what you people are talking about is technical and more of professional driving stuff. Max power, max torque, ideal shift, max speed etc. etc.
    most ppl like me are avg. drivers like myself. i drive only on need basis, and i would be more interested in meeting following scenerio:

1- Driving conditions: within karachi city, traffic is heavy so 80% of the time 50 kph or less. maximum speed even on clear road not over 100 kph. no highway travel
    2- Load: family car, normally 4 people. maximum 350 kg
    3- comfort: ease of driving, comfortable seating, leg space, power features etc etc
    4- automatic or cvt transmission (i am fed up of clutch and lever already)
    5- usage: within city normally 100-150 Kilometer/week. Maximum 300 km/wk. i usually prefer light foot drive.
    6- Maintenance: parts availability, personnel expertise to handle mechanical/electrical work like transmission/brake works, body, ac, fuel system, power accessories (steering, windows) and other minor electrical and mechanical jobs
    (i have not included engine because if i buy a sound engine it will not need much repair work for few years, and if i get a bad one then the car is already a scrap)
    7- any other normal driving condition that is not in my mind for now.

i would request people from both (for and against) school of thoughts regarding 660 to comment on this whether 660 is good for above and any other normal driving situations (considering all the torque, hp, calories, rpm, automatic, cvt, 6-cylinder, 3-cylinder and all that stuff).

specially xulfiqar and huzaifa haroon, your view pls.

i blv. experts' views on this will suffice many queries.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

When buying a car for transport or leisure we look at all the options in pak buyers don't have that choice it's a small number of models with no real backing from the makers. One thing I have noticed in pak owners of cars can't find fault with there motors. It's like there defending there own honour if they say anything against there ride. My opinion is my own, and not directed at any one person.
    Pakistan.. Toyota hilux..golf mk2 gtd..rolla 2.0d..nissian sunny.. Yamaha pw 50.. Coventry uk....audi v8 d11..golf mk2 rallye..honda crx..evo 8..golf mk2 gtd..Vauxhall insignia..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    Why the hell are you comparing 660cc with a Mercedes 3.2 ltr engine?
    The turbo version has enough torque , its a small engine and the car is small and its a perfect match , specially the CVT and Manual transmission.
    Not the auto version
    Can you PM me your contact number, I wan to discuss something with you regarding stingray car with turbo option. The car is on the way to Pakistan but will decide about its future after your valuable advice.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kamranzafar781 View Post
    Can you PM me your contact number, I wan to discuss something with you regarding stingray car with turbo option. The car is on the way to Pakistan but will decide about its future after your valuable advice.
    Always respect your parents

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    Thanks for sharing your number. I will call you at some appropriate time

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usman_arooq2 View Post
    turbo versions are rare, with low resale and overheating problem is common with em on long routes. turbo mira(coure shape) tw ma ny b rakhi ti but fuel expenses were equal to gli 1.6.
    Brother, have you ever driven 660 car? I went on my 660cc car from isb to sahiwal (4persons and full diggy) nonstop Avg (23/L) @ Speed 90-100km. I went kashmir and also i went shangla and driven almost 16 hours per day on long route and never faced any heating issue. The ppl who faced heating issues they should first learn about a word called "coolant". ( coolant means not 2 nubr paki coolant).
    Secondly this is very funny that you guys comparing 660 with cultus/mehran. Let me tell you that i have been kicked a benz 3xx model (as i dont remember the correct model) with my 660 from kashmir highway to chakshehzad(zong office). Hopefully he had a good lesson learnt that never ever underestimat a 660 jdm. Btw my 660 car has 7 fwd gears and can run manual and auto both modes. She is basically lil sis of $upra kidding
    HTH

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faisal_saleem View Post
    Brother, have you ever driven 660 car? I went on my 660cc car from isb to sahiwal (4persons and full diggy) nonstop Avg (23/L) @ Speed 90-100km. I went kashmir and also i went shangla and driven almost 16 hours per day on long route and never faced any heating issue. The ppl who faced heating issues they should first learn about a word called "coolant". ( coolant means not 2 nubr paki coolant).
    Secondly this is very funny that you guys comparing 660 with cultus/mehran. Let me tell you that i have been kicked a benz 3xx model (as i dont remember the correct model) with my 660 from kashmir highway to chakshehzad(zong office). Hopefully he had a good lesson learnt that never ever underestimat a 660 jdm. Btw my 660 car has 7 fwd gears and can run manual and auto both modes. She is basically lil sis of $upra kidding
    HTH

Sent from my CHM-U01 using Tapatalk
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Adavantages & Disadvantages of small 660 cc SUVs having turbo engines will enable people to have some knowledge. owners of such vehicles are requested for their reviews

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faisal_saleem View Post
    HTH

:facepalm: kindly mention your 660cc' make and model. if it is turbo than mention fuel average as well. btw I drove an grade 4 verified auction sheet alto g4 i believe it is called for the last whole week, when I asked the owner (my friend) about its pathetic pickup despite using sports button located on shifter, both D and L modes and pedal to the metal and still the other ride(mehran, 3 healthy class fellows vs us) had edge over us when their driver(also a friend) started to rev it through each gear properly. his exact words were "ya comfortable to bari ha lekin kamzor or slow ha, mehran rough and tough gari ha". Phir kaha "auto ha na, ladies k leay zyada suitable ha. papa ny showroom ma choice di thi pasand kar lo tw ma ny ya wali li". the merc you are talking about is called 300d I guess with 0-100 of 17+ sec even an fx can run parallel to it. your 660cc has cone shape pullies with belts sliding over to change gear ratio and mimic a 7 speed transmission. the rpm above 70kph on these kei's for hours constantly are uncomfortable for me at least, i feel guilty of stressing the engine + noise and fuel consumption.
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

User Tag List