Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: WHY in this world do people buy locally assembled cars while JDMs are available!!??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs down WHY in this world do people buy locally assembled cars while JDMs are available!!??

i want reasons. logic for this stupidity.

we, the consumers are getting RIPPED off by this mafia of local assemblers that produce compared to JDM*, crap cars.

If we keep buying from these ******** although their sales have been going down; how and why will they have a reason to lower their prices?

I think the amount of irony in the fact that a zero meter mehran costs only 1 lac less than a JDM Audi A4 without duty in Pakistan is enough to make anyone's blood boil. Mehran? THAT UTTER PIECE OF BULLCRAP? what is it compared to an A4 or a 3 Series bimmer?

JDM - Japanese domestic market
    Pls correct me if im wrong guys.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

WOW, we got some real sensitive ladies here.
    A Post-Wh0re is a user who's only aim in life is to increase his post count. He/she gets off by receiving likes and mentions, and considers his post count a medal on his skinny chest. A post-Wh0re is the human equivalent of Chihuahua..bickering pointlessly, effortlessly, permanently.

uiv
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There is a rather logical answer to WHY in the free world of internet memes.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have been buying new pkdm cars since 2007. Never ever had any issues with them. Bought a few, sold a few.
    My swift had an issue but that was fixed in warranty. Always maintained them from 3S dealers. Never had any spares issue, let it be a small clip of bumper or something big. Always went to the dealer and got the issue rectified without any hassle. Now I can't go around in kabar looking for parts that will give up sooner or later on that used jdm.......or rather......abused jdm.
    I agree the quality of pkdm cars are not upto the mark and jdms are better in comfort too. But the peace of mind I have knowing I have driven a car outta the showroom.............jdms.....no matter how good.......just can't provide that.
    New cars never ever give you any headache and even if it does in rare cases, you always have the company to fix it and to hold responsible for it. you don't get that with jdms either. Plus that new smell and plastics on seats.........that feeling is just worth it.
    So I ll always buy brand new cars and since jdms aren't available brand new.......we are stuck with pkdms.
    Though I confess............the day brand new jdms are available in pak............I ll be the first one to buy them.........just not these abused ones
    PS Get your facts straight..........first of all...........there is no such thing as a jdm audi
    and secondly you won't find a burnt, rolled over audi in the price of a mehran

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

because

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hah, cool topic.

So, Audi A4 for 8 Lacs? get me 2. I want them brand new and with warranty in Pakistan. I live in Faisalabad, so make sure there is a dealer or two nearby my house within 10 km range.
    Oh, too bad. Only 3 year old cars allowed. LOL.
    Now, Toyota Prius- Pure JDM, approx 20-30 KM driven or even zero. Cost? 45Lac. Yes, there is your JDM car which is zero meter.
    Honda CRZ Hybrid- 35Lac. Cost of 2 Prius headlights?35,000 and that too from Kabar Market.

Now, Zero meter, sub-standard car- 40,000km warranty or 2 years. Easily extendable to 4 years/80,000km for a mere 16,200Rupees(Suzuki Swift PKDM).

JDM car- *Apparently* floats on the road making it seem like it's made out of Kashmere wool, awesome fuel efficiency(Talking about dinkies, vitzzzzzzz's and Hybrid), drives like a charm, luxurious.
    Drawback- As soon as you leave with your somehow Genuine original never tempered or touched car from the dealers, it's all yours. If it catches fire, engine fires a piston, valve gets bent anything- your headache. Take it to dealership, bring a Patta Panadol as well. You can easily guess how much new parts would cost. Or you could always take a day off and do a scavenge hunt inside Kabar Markets, bargaining like a beach for a car which saves you 7kmpl more fuel than other cars.

Insurance- Brand new Zero meter PKDM car- Cheaper to insure, spare parts are 100% brand new and genuine. I cannot speak for imported German and Toyota Prius/CRZ as I do not know.
    All I know is that my car got facked up and bill came out to be 51,200-/ and I only had to pay 2600-/ and genuine parts were used. New radiator of Swift costs 27,000 rupees.

For JDM insured cars- Do not expect insurance company to import you brand new door handles and switches from Japan, they or mechanics will hunt down Kabar Market. You won't have a chance to tell them you don't want the part because it looks old or has a few cracks. Take it or leave it.

So, many JDM's are Raped, molested, abused, probably nuclear waste-i-fied, drowned and then sent to Heaven aka Pakistan.

To sum it up-
    Know about cars, verifying auction sheets, know how to properly check a used car and can source parts easily- JDM is the way to go.
    Wanna be like me and visit Dealership once a month, Say Hello&Hi while sipping a cup of tea and oil+filter changed, covered under warranty, genuine parts 30 steps away- PKDM.

TL;DR: Bund Pangah pasand hay to Japani gaddi lay lo. Shahzaib Bhai, I salute you for your effort
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I see sheeps...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Whatever U say, had U made this thread 3,4 years back, U might've received lots of praise...but now JDM is a big NO.
    & the reason for it is K Ham pakistani saaf kaam ko bhi ganaday tareekay sey hi kartey hain.

Accidented & repaired jdms gave cyclic shocks to their buyers and now after 3,4 years of Jdm saturation, sourcing parts 4 jdms is very very difficult.

Haqiqat khul gai hai ab to iski bhi. Wondering what's the future of all this 5 grade junk after 10 years.

U are talking abt local giant mafias like suzuki but U r forgetting those JDM dealers earning big chunk of illegal money through meter reversals and tempering Car's.
    <..If everything seems under control, U r not going fast enough..>

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post
    Hah, cool topic.

So, Audi A4 for 8 Lacs? get me 2. I want them brand new and with warranty in Pakistan. I live in Faisalabad, so make sure there is a dealer or two nearby my house within 10 km range.
    Now, Toyota Prius- Pure JDM, approx 20-30 KM driven or even zero. Cost? 45Lac. Yes, there is your JDM car which is zero meter.
    Honda CRZ Hybrid- 35Lac. Cost of 2 Prius headlights?35,000 and that too from Kabar Market.

Now, Zero meter, sub-standard car- 40,000km warranty or 2 years. Easily extendable to 4 years/80,000km for a mere 16,200Rupees(Suzuki Swift PKDM).

JDM car- *Apparently* floats on the road making it seem like it's made out of Kashmere wool, awesome fuel efficiency(Talking about dinkies, vitzzzzzzz's and Hybrid), drives like a charm, luxurious.
    Drawback- As soon as you leave with your somehow Genuine original never tempered or touched car from the dealers, it's all yours. If it catches fire, engine fires a piston, valve gets bent anything- your headache. Take it to dealership, bring a Patta Panadol as well. You can easily guess how much new parts would cost. Or you could always take a day off and do a scavenge hunt inside Kabar Markets, bargaining like a beach for a car which saves you 7kmpl more fuel than other cars.

Insurance- Brand new Zero meter PKDM car- Cheaper to insure, spare parts are 100% brand new and genuine. I cannot speak for imported German and Toyota Prius/CRZ as I do not know.
    All I know is that my car got facked up and bill came out to be 51,200-/ and I only had to pay 2600-/ and genuine parts were used. New radiator of Swift costs 27,000 rupees.

For JDM insured cars- Do not expect insurance company to import you brand new door handles and switches from Japan, they or mechanics will hunt down Kabar Market. You won't have a chance to tell them you don't want the part because it looks old or has a few cracks. Take it or leave it.

So, many JDM's are Raped, molested, abused, probably nuclear waste-i-fied, drowned and then sent to Heaven aka Pakistan.

To sum it up-
    Know about cars, verifying auction sheets, know how to properly check a used car and can source parts easily- JDM is the way to go.
    Wanna be like me and visit Dealership once a month, Say Hello&Hi while sipping a cup of tea and oil+filter changed, covered under warranty, genuine parts 30 steps away- PKDM.

TL;DR: Bund Pangah pasand hay to Japani gaddi lay lo. Shahzaib Bhai, I salute you for your effort
    very well said
    people need to grow up sometimes and act MATURE !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hah, cool topic.

To sum it up-

You summed it up very well
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well said

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mansoor_qadir View Post
    Whatever U say, had U made this thread 3,4 years back, U might've received lots of praise...but now JDM is a big NO.
    & the reason for it is K Ham pakistani saaf kaam ko bhi ganaday tareekay sey hi kartey hain.

Accidented & repaired jdms gave cyclic shocks to their buyers and now after 3,4 years of Jdm saturation, sourcing parts 4 jdms is very very difficult.

Haqiqat khul gai hai ab to iski bhi. Wondering what's the future of all this 5 grade junk after 10 years.

U are talking abt local giant mafias like suzuki but U r forgetting those JDM dealers earning big chunk of illegal money through meter reversals and tempering Car's.
    Well said

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hah, cool topic.

To sum it up-

MOD EDIT: PLEASE DON'T USE ABUSIVE LANGUAGE. (FIRST LINE REMOVED)

2ndly as I think might be you know they I sold my Mehroo and now I am hunting for car under 1.2M. I saw lot of so called Jdm cars they looks very good but only standing on showrooms.

I gone to Lahore at samnabad there is a showroom called Baig showroom ( the palace of Jdm cars ) I was hunting vitz.
    me: so you have some very clean vitz
    he: he have
    me: show me please but please keep in mind I am totally newbie in cars fields so give me the best you have and don't try to break my trust as someone refer to you
    he: if you really don't know then you came to exactly correct place
    me: ok thanks you please show me

he show me one vits 2009 model 1300cc push start ill packege

me: is it total original ?
    He: yes sir total original but some touchups
    me: which area had touchups and is it any piece sprayed?
    He: don't know sir which area had touchups and yes 2/3 pcs sprayed
    me: show me please which which pcs are sprayed?
    He: sir I don't know but 2/3 pcs are sprayed
    me: I am ready pay take full payment in cash but without knowing how could I purchase ?
    He: ok sir let me confirm
    a new person came

He: he will tell you which are sprayed
    2he: sir he don't know much infact car is totally gaaanuAAn with no touchups and no area sprayed with aaaaction cheet graaad 4.5 metter is just 17000 you please have a look shiny color and very cool interior and fully automatic and so much bla bla bla
    me: ok let me have a look
    my Denter: after hardcore analysis this car is almost totally remake total showered, pillar and roof ok rest fully showered, front seal was remake and lot of other things and had only one remote
    me: sir it's sprayed
    2he: sir whatever it is. It's front of you
    he: sir car is very fine you must buy it
    me: thanks a lot

moral: whatever you buy... Buy only those things which have warranty, after sale service, parts etc or Atleast some kind of mind satisfaction

do not waste your money... It's really hard to earn 100% legal money.

For me I lived in remote area and Pakistan's made cars mujhe suit kerte hain 2ndly Pakistan tab tak Tarraki nahi ker sakta jab tak yahan ki awam Ayan ki bane hoe Chezein ko islamal kerna na shuru kare

Br

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Faisal_Computer View Post
    Aww, sad to hear that. Contact Shahzaib Bhai!
    I am 100% for Local brand new cars but I wouldn't mind a JDM if I imported it myself and it has backup from Dealerships i.e Prius.
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Faisal_Computer View Post
    1st of all last line which is in bold is FAN"F*CKING"TASITC !!!

2ndly as I think might be you know they I sold my Mehroo and now I am hunting for car under 1.2M. I saw lot of so called Jdm cars they looks very good but only standing on showrooms.

I gone to Lahore at samnabad there is a showroom called Baig showroom ( the palace of Jdm cars ) I was hunting vitz.
    me: so you have some very clean vitz
    he: he have
    me: show me please but please keep in mind I am totally newbie in cars fields so give me the best you have and don't try to break my trust as someone refer to you
    he: if you really don't know then you came to exactly correct place
    me: ok thanks you please show me

he show me one vits 2009 model 1300cc push start ill packege

me: is it total original ?
    He: yes sir total original but some touchups
    me: which area had touchups and is it any piece sprayed?
    He: don't know sir which area had touchups and yes 2/3 pcs sprayed
    me: show me please which which pcs are sprayed?
    He: sir I don't know but 2/3 pcs are sprayed
    me: I am ready pay take full payment in cash but without knowing how could I purchase ?
    He: ok sir let me confirm
    a new person came

He: he will tell you which are sprayed
    2he: sir he don't know much infact car is totally gaaanuAAn with no touchups and no area sprayed with aaaaction cheet graaad 4.5 metter is just 17000 you please have a look shiny color and very cool interior and fully automatic and so much bla bla bla
    me: ok let me have a look
    my Denter: after hardcore analysis this car is almost totally remake total showered, pillar and roof ok rest fully showered, front seal was remake and lot of other things and had only one remote
    me: sir it's sprayed
    2he: sir whatever it is. It's front of you
    he: sir car is very fine you must buy it
    me: thanks a lot

moral: whatever you buy... Buy only those things which have warranty, after sale service, parts etc or Atleast some kind of mind satisfaction

do not waste your money... It's really hard to earn 100% legal money.

For me I lived in remote area and Pakistan's made cars mujhe suit kerte hain 2ndly Pakistan tab tak Tarraki nahi ker sakta jab tak yahan ki awam Ayan ki bane hoe Chezein ko islamal kerna na shuru kare

Br
    Totaly correct when ever i trevel on motorways i always see many trallors loaded with all destroyed jdms going to punjab side.very sad people still buy this crap destroyed cars.eveen i have mehran i have 100 percent satisfication that my car is 100 percent original MASHALLAH

Sent from my SHV-E160S using PW Forums mobile app
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by COOLTAHIR View Post
    Totaly correct when ever i trevel on motorways i always see many trallors loaded with all destroyed jdms going to punjab side.very sad people still buy this crap destroyed cars.eveen i have mehran i have 100 percent satisfication that my car is 100 percent original MASHALLAH

Sent from my SHV-E160S using PW Forums mobile app
    If repair is okay and car is less accidental , u like it and then its okay!

"Being critical doesn't mean you care.Being helpful does"
    Always respect your parents

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I disagree with poster in some ways but i 100% agree with the fact that mehran is total crappy $**** and is a very unsafe car.......ooops did i say a car
    No offence to mehan owners but its a fact that Pak Suzuki is ripping people off with this crap sheet metal
    7 lakh for a $hit is totally insane
    Better to buy a clean 660cc jdm imported with the help of an honest importer like @Sharabhi

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SyedMoazzam View Post
    I disagree with poster in some ways but i 100% agree with the fact that mehran is total crappy $**** and is a very unsafe car.......ooops did i say a car
    No offence to mehan owners but its a fact that Pak Suzuki is ripping people off with this crap sheet metal
    7 lakh for a $hit is totally insane
    Better to buy a clean 660cc jdm imported with the help of an honest importer like @Sharabhi
    Those who dont even have 7 lacs ? Can't afford a JDM , and a good JDM will cost you around 9-10 lacs (2011)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    Those who dont even have 7 lacs ? Can't afford a JDM , and a good JDM will cost you around 9-10 lacs (2011)

Well yes that is true but it is a very unsafe car
    In a post somewhere in this forum i read that a GTO hit a mehran from rear and at speed of 120 and it peneterated so much into the car that the driver of the car also got killed
    So its not a car but a death wish and people should care about their family

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SyedMoazzam View Post
    Well yes that is true but it is a very unsafe car
    In a post somewhere in this forum i read that a GTO hit a mehran from rear and at speed of 120 and it peneterated so much into the car that the driver of the car also got killed
    So its not a car but a death wish and people should care about their family
    Sir 120 is hell lot of Speed even if it was a mira the driver would have died

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    Sir 120 is hell lot of Speed even if it was a mira the driver would have died

Ok la jawaab he kar dia hay app nay

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List