17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default SWIFT vs Vitz

I have recently moved on from using a Vitz (1000cc, 2007 model : 2010 import) to Swift DLX with navigation (Manual). I have searched this forum quite a few times but was unable to find a thread with a detailed comparison of the two cars... so here is my attempt to highlight the pros and cons of the two cars... i would try to cover each this under different headings... feel free to comment.

1) Shape / Appearance

Its a personal choice. I personally prefer vitz over Swift

2) Engine performance:

Undoubtedly Swift is way better than Vitz. This was the first thing that i noticed when i started driving SWIFT. Its like driving a car on CNG vs driving it on petrol i.e. you can get more or less the same speed but it takes more time to achieve it. The difference is more profound during the summer season when you have the AC turned on. If you travel a lot then you would find that on GT road/ motorway /northern areas you at times need power that is just not there at the time you need it. Within the city and for daily usage the difference is less noticeable to almost negligible.

3) Fuel economy:

I had my vitz with me for 4 years and it never gave me more than 11 Km/Litre within the city. I changed the oil + Oil Filter + air filter after every 2500 to 3000kms and had the plugs changed after every 50,000kms (airfilter was cleaned in between as well) but 11 km/L was the maximum that i got. I visited many showrooms + mechanics but 11 was the max i got.
    For swift i am currently getting 11.5 but since its just 3 wks old hence i am sure this will improve after a few thousand kms.
    On every Tankfull if you add High Octane then your Vitz can achieve a better mileage... when i included high octane worth 1000Km with every tank full then i was able to get 14 kms/Litre... (Thanks einstein for reminding me of this on post 6)

4) comfort:
    a) Seats:
    Vitz seats are slightly more wider and more comfortable. Add to the that the option in most of the vitz to increase or decrease the height of the driver seat... i drove vitz continuously for 10 hrs at a few time and never did i felt the discomfort that i did after 2 hrs drive in swift. I have driven an imported swift and its seats are more or less like vitz but pak suzuki ones are not that comfortable. In case you compare Swift drivers seat with City, XLI or cultus then Swift and City are more or less the same. Cultus .. well lets just move on plz

b) Interior quality:
    Both are more or less the same but the interior of vitz gave me a more solid / more protected feeling than swift. i just can not pin point an area but when you use the different knobs, handles, dashboard etc you just can not stop urself from recalling your experience with Vitz. Mind you this is the same feeling that i have had with city so it might be an impression that i have developed over time. Having said that Swift interior quality is comparable to city and Xli.... not Civic

c) Storage options (other than boot):
    Vitz has better options in the dashboard then swift. there are 2 cup holders on the dashboard (next to the side view mirrors) and every door (yes all 4) has an option to keep a bottle there. Swift has only 2 cup holders / bottle holders placed just in front of the gear which is not that practical to use for a driver.
    Vitz has 4+1 storage options (Two on side passenger side: i.e. one main dashboard storage, one above it and two on driver side i.e. on below the controls for the lights or the side view mirror and one behind the steering wheel.... there is a tray/shelf below the steering wheel which can be used for keeping stuff)

d) Rear view mirror:
    Though the height of the person plays an important role in using the rear view mirror but for me the mirror on Vitz is better than Swift as i could see more area with it than by the mirror on Swift. Plan to change or have an attachment on the mirror in my Swift

e)Inner lights:
    Vitz gives you an option for 4 inner lights (2 for front seats, one in the middle and one in the boot) vs one by swift (one in the middle).

f) Air bags
    Local Swift does not come with Airbags. depending on the model/year of manufacture vitz has 2 or more airbags

5) Road clearance and road bumps:

More or less the same. Swift is a little elevated from the front so that does help on the speed brakers or the car breakers but this leads to a slight disadvantage for the rear section of the car as well which will hit the speed brakers if you have 2 ore more people seated or have weight in the trunk.
    While driving /crossing the big cat eyes that are installed on the roads or crossing the small ditches or holes that are there on the roads vitz always gave me a feeling of sturdiness or you never felt the bump the way you feel it in Swift. Must have to do something with the shocks/suspension/tires/seats and this might improve slightly with time but i don't expect a radical change.

6) Brake:

In my opinion the braking distance depends upon the tires, air pressure and the person applying the brakes. Based upon my experience so far within the city the brake performance is same (unless you drive fast or drive rash) but on a highway vitz does give you a slight better grip.

7) Head lights:

Throw wise same but vitz gives you an option to change the position of the reflectors while you are seated inside the cars...Helps alot on GT road/motor way.

8) Side view mirrors:

Both fulfill the purpose but vitz had the option of foldable side view mirrors. It was a blessing that i never appreciated till recently. The mirrors on both the cars can be adjusted from inside (left/right and top/down) but vitz had buttons for the mirror control where Swift has a knob which i am afraid will come off any day.

9) Boot:

Capacity wise the boot on both the cars are almost the same. Swift but has a few advantage...they have a foldable sheet/cardboard which can be opened to separate the boot into 2 portions. This is very smart and gives me the opportunity to store things under the cardboard and use the space above it on a routine basis. Same way most of the vitz do not come with a rear boot cover (phatta as its called) so you have to buy it separately for vitz. If only swift had given a light in the boot...

Conclusion:
    In my honest opinion if i ever have to spend 13.5 lacs ++ again then i would add a few extra bucks and opt for a 1300 cc vitz. There is no second thought between a Swift and 1300 cc vitz.
    BUT
    If i have an option between 1300 Swift and 1000cc Vitz then i would never opt for vitz. I am not a rash driver nor do i like to indulge in race etc but the very reason i sold my vitz were the slowness in response of the engine and the fuel economy. No matter what people say and no matter what i did i never had a average of over 11 kms/Litre. Driving a 1000 cc vitz really get frustrating at times especially during the summers and on long routes.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

good review . top gear pakwheels ..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks everyone for the reviews... please note that whatever i wrote in my assessment of the 2 cars is based upon my 4 years experience with Vitz... i have driven this car from sukkur district to Abbotabad (i am from Lahore)... driven it for more than 85,000kms in 4 years... highest speed driven was 140 i guess... highest load that i can remember was 14 bags of cement... i literally used the car like a donkey when i was building my house... and even then i never had to spent more than 5000 rupees for anything over and above oil, filters and plugs. Even the 5000 spent were on the Belt and the Battery.
    The rule of the thumb with vitz is wait to find a good car... it took me 4 months to search for my car... then after u have the car with you then respect the car i.e. regular oil change with oil filter, regular air filter change, timely change the sparks and drive slow over the speed come car brakers and you will be ok...
    Availability of parts for vitz is not an issue .. i have many friends who own and drive vitz and one of them is a maula jutt kind of a driver.. always banging his car here and there on a routine basis... parts were always available for his vitz... not at all an issue.
    Anyways
    I have never said that Swift is a bad car... well i bought one u see... For people who drive alot or for people like me who just cant bear the extra few seconds required to get the power under your foot, I strongly recommend swift over and above 1000 cc vitz ..
    Swift is a giant leap by Pak suzuki... in the same league when they moved from Margalla to Baleno... From Pakistani standards swift is a very good car...
    but
    When it comes to a 1300 cc vitz vs swift then i would never recommend Swift... Vitz built quality is excellent.... its very comfortable.... never heard a squeak, never had the vibration issue and other than the pickup/engine response i was never let down by the car... If someone even asks me the question that: Other than the engine, is swift better than a 1000 cc vitz then the short answer is ...No its not.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice comparison but bro its not a fair deal, You are comparing 2007 used Vitz with 2014 new Swift. And no one knows about these JDM cars how these were used or abused before we get them.
    Secondly, Automatic transmission verses Manual, obviously you will feel and like the pick of manual car after running automatic for 4 years.
    Thirdly, 1000cc vs 1300cc, not at all fair.
    Fourth, the price of both cars.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mastspidy View Post
    Nice comparison but bro its not a fair deal, You are comparing 2007 used Vitz with 2014 new Swift. And no one knows about these JDM cars how these were used or abused before we get them.
    Secondly, Automatic transmission verses Manual, obviously you will feel and like the pick of manual car after running automatic for 4 years.
    I think he is comparing based on Price, Irrespective of All other things you mention,

For example: A good 2008 Model is arrount 1.1 Million
    and a Good Swift model which is available in 1.1 Million is 2012

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imranafzal4 View Post
    I think he is comparing based on Price, Irrespective of All other things you mention,

For example: A good 2008 Model is arrount 1.1 Million
    and a Good Swift model which is available in 1.1 Million is 2012
    thats correct... if you have 1.1 to 1.2 million with you the cars that come to your mind are Vitz, Passo and Swift... (for the sake of the discussion please leave aside city and Mira eis)... if you want 1300 vitz then you need 1.3 million at the least... my comparison was based upon the fact that i owned and driven both the cars and i wanted to share my experience and views with fellow members for their benefit

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mastspidy View Post
    Mastspidy... you are absolutely right on almost all the points but please read post 1 and 22 again..
    - as i stated if you wnat to buy a good vitz then one needs to search the market good and end up with a good product... it took me 4 months.. My car was almost 3 yrs old when i got hold of it and whether it was used or abused i cant say but even then if it is comparable or at places surpasses the 1300 cc swift then that itself is a pure sign of strength and good manufacturing practices...
    - Secondly automatic vs manual will cause a slight difference in pick and this point is acceptable. I have said it earlier that i have also driven a 1300 cc vitz (which was also a few years old) and i was simply blown away by its pick and performance.. so if u can afford 1300 cc vitz and compare that with 1300 cc swift then i would say that vitz rulez.
    - your thrid point that 1000cc vs 1300 cc is not a fair deal is again acceptable in terms of engine power but as i said in another post that if you have 1.1 to 1.2 million with you then your choices are limited to vitz 1000cc and 1300 cc swift ... so my comparison

Anyways thank you for the comments and the views... i am sure that my comparison is not that accurate and ideal and definitely can be improved at many points... i am willing to add or delete anything that i might have missed or overlooked... e.g. i have not said a word about the AC as i have not used the AC on swift that much .. will write a line or two about it in a few weeks.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks for detail comparison really helpful for potential buyers

Quote Originally Posted by Asifijaz View Post
    I have recently moved on from using a Vitz (1000cc, 2007 model : 2010 import) to Swift DLX with navigation (Manual). I havesearched this forum quite a few times but was unable to find a thread with a detailed comparison of the two cars... so here is my attempt to highlight the pros and cons of the two cars... i would try to cover each this under different headings... feel free to comment.

1) Shape / Appearance

2) Engine performance:

Undoubtedly Swift is way better than Vitz. This was the first thing that i noticed when i started driving SWIFT. Its like driving a car on CNG vs driving it on petrol i.e. you can get more or less the same speed but it takes more time to achieve it. The difference is more profound during the summer season when you have the AC turned on. If you travel a lot then you would find that on GT road/ motorway /northern areas you at times need power that is just not there at the time you need it. Within the city and for daily usage the difference is less noticeable to almost negligible.

3) Fuel economy:

I had my vitz with me for 4 years and it never gave me more than 11 Km/Litre within the city. I changed the oil + Oil Filter + air filter after every 2500 to 3000kms and had the plugs changed after every 50,000kms (airfilter was cleaned in between as well) but 11 km/L was the maximum that i got. I visited many showrooms + mechanics but 11 was the max i got.
    For swift i am currently getting 11.5 but since its just 3 wks old hence i am sure this will improve after a few thousand kms.
    On every Tankfull if you add High Octane then your Vitz can achieve a better mileage... when i included high octane worth 1000Km with every tank full then i was able to get 14 kms/Litre... (Thanks einstein for reminding me of this on post 6)

4) comfort:
    a) Seats:
    Vitz seats are slightly more wider and more comfortable. Add to the that the option in most of the vitz to increase or decrease the height of the driver seat... i drove vitz continuously for 10 hrs at a few time and never did i felt the discomfort that i did after 2 hrs drive in swift. I have driven an imported swift and its seats are more or less like vitz but pak suzuki ones are not that comfortable. In case you compare Swift drivers seat with City, XLI or cultus then Swift and City are more or less the same. Cultus .. well lets just move on plz

b) Interior quality:
    Both are more or less the same but the interior of vitz gave me a more solid / more protected feeling than swift. i just can not pin point an area but when you use the different knobs, handles, dashboard etc you just can not stop urself from recalling your experience with Vitz. Mind you this is the same feeling that i have had with city so it might be an impression that i have developed over time. Having said that Swift interior quality is comparable to city and Xli.... not Civic

Vitz has better options in the dashboard then swift. there are 2 cup holders on the dashboard (next to the side view mirrors) and every door (yes all 4) has an option to keep a bottle there. Swift has only 2 cup holders / bottle holders placed just in front of the gear which is not that practical to use for a driver.
    Vitz has 4+1 storage options (Two on side passenger side: i.e. one main dashboard storage, one above it and two on driver side i.e. on below the controls for the lights or the side view mirror and one behind the steering wheel.... there is a tray/shelf below the steering wheel which can be used for keeping stuff)

d) Rear view mirror:
    Though the height of the person plays an important role in using the rear view mirror but for me the mirror on Vitz is better than Swift as i could see more area with it than by the mirror on Swift. Plan to change or have an attachment on the mirror in my Swift

e)Inner lights:
    Vitz gives you an option for 4 inner lights (2 for front seats, one in the middle and one in the boot) vs one by swift (one in the middle).

f) Air bags
    Local Swift does not come with Airbags. depending on the model/year of manufacture vitz has 2 or more airbags

More or less the same. Swift is a little elevated from the front so that does help on the speed brakers or the car breakers but this leads to a slight disadvantage for the rear section of the car as well which will hit the speed brakers if you have 2 ore more people seated or have weight in the trunk.
    While driving /crossing the big cat eyes that are installed on the roads or crossing the small ditches or holes that are there on the roads vitz always gave me a feeling of sturdiness or you never felt the bump the way you feel it in Swift. Must have to do something with the shocks/suspension/tires/seats and this might improve slightly with time but i don't expect a radical change.

6) Brake:

In my opinion the braking distance depends upon the tires, air pressure and the person applying the brakes. Based upon my experience so far within the city the brake performance is same (unless you drive fast or drive rash) but on a highway vitz does give you a slight better grip.

7) Head lights:

Throw wise same but vitz gives you an option to change the position of the reflectors while you are seated inside the cars...Helps alot on GT road/motor way.

8) Side view mirrors:

Both fulfill the purpose but vitz had the option of foldable side view mirrors. It was a blessing that i never appreciated till recently. The mirrors on both the cars can be adjusted from inside (left/right and top/down) but vitz had buttons for the mirror control where Swift has a knob which i am afraid will come off any day.

9) Boot:

Capacity wise the boot on both the cars are almost the same. Swift but has a few advantage...they have a foldable sheet/cardboard which can be opened to separate the boot into 2 portions. This is very smart and gives me the opportunity to store things under the cardboard and use the space above it on a routine basis. Same way most of the vitz do not come with a rear boot cover (phatta as its called) so you have to buy it separately for vitz. If only swift had given a light in the boot...

Conclusion:
    In my honest opinion if i ever have to spend 13.5 lacs ++ again then i would add a few extra bucks and opt for a 1300 cc vitz. There is no second thought between a Swift and 1300 cc vitz.
    BUT
    If i have an option between 1300 Swift and 1000cc Vitz then i would never opt for vitz. I am not a rash driver nor do i like to indulge in race etc but the very reason i sold my vitz were the slowness in response of the engine and the fuel economy. No matter what people say and no matter what i did i never had a average of over 11 kms/Litre. Driving a 1000 cc vitz really get frustrating at times especially during the summers and on long routes.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bhai overall swift bht achi ha vitz ha

ma yeh bat ais lia keh rha hun ka meray pass dono hain lekin swift ka koi muqabala nahi vitz ka sth
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my vote for the Swift.....a new car is a new car no matter what...

not saying that Vitz is a crap but the fact will remain that spending 1.2mill and getting a used hatchback vs spending same and getting a brand new car..u cannot compare it at all....

and last but not the least...the 1.3 DOHC on swift is awesome...
    Whenever a bird shits on my car, I eat a plate of scrambled eggs on my front porch just to let them know what I'm capable of...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Asifijaz View Post
    I have recently moved on from using a Vitz (1000cc, 2007 model : 2010 import) to Swift DLX with navigation (Manual). I have searched this forum quite a few times but was unable to find a thread with a detailed comparison of the two cars... so here is my attempt to highlight the pros and cons of the two cars... i would try to cover each this under different headings... feel free to comment.

1) Shape / Appearance

2) Engine performance:

3) Fuel economy:

4) comfort:
    a) Seats:

b) Interior quality:

d) Rear view mirror:

e)Inner lights:

f) Air bags

6) Brake:

7) Head lights:

8) Side view mirrors:

9) Boot:

Conclusion:
    BUT

Good comparison bro.... a zero meter car is lot worthy than a used JDM.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dealers are feeling heat with swift increasing on daily basis so is liye JDM lotay are favorites..new vs old no comparsion for God's sake

Sent from my Nexus 5 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its been more than 8 months that i have been using my Swift DLX... i believe i have had enough experience with Swift that i can some up something and close the thread that i started a while back...
    Here is my final verdict.. i have copied headings from my initial post...

1) Shape / Appearance

A personal choice.

2) Engine performance:

Swift > Vitz.

3) Fuel economy:

Same. both have crappy average 10.5 to 11.5/12 km /litre

4) comfort:
    a) Seats:
    Vitz > Swift

No doubt about it. In my personal experience its been over 8 months and i still hate the seats in swift. If you have used Vtz / Japanese swift then there is no way u can feel comfortable on these phatas.

b) Interior quality:
    Vitz > Swift

Vitz > Swift

d) Rear view mirror:
    Vitz > Swift
    I have a bought a rear view add on attachment for my swift.

e)Inner lights:

f) Air bags
    Swift has no Airbags.

Vitz = swift

6) Brake:

Swift = vitz

7) Head lights:

Vitz > Swift

8) Side view mirrors:

9) Boot:

Capacity wise the boot on both the cars are almost the same. Swift but has a few advantage...they have a foldable sheet/cardboard which can be opened to separate the boot into 2 portions. This is very smart and gives me the opportunity to store things under the cardboard and use the space above it on a routine basis. Same way most of the vitz do not come with a rear boot cover (phatta as its called) so you have to buy it separately for vitz. Swift needs a light in the boot though...

Conclusion:
    The current price of Vitz has decreased (a 1000cc costs 12 - 12.5 Lacs) and a 1300 cc costs around 15.5 Lacs and keeping that and everything else in mind i would buy a vitz. I repent the decision of selling my vitz.

Swift has many advantages and is a better product from Pak Suzuki but the seat quality kills the car. They are a phata and a pain in the ***. Recently i had to travel to Faisalabad and i took my Honda Life over and above Swift and city. The reason was only one... i.e. comfort.
    So in a nutshell Swift ticks almost all the boxes except comfortable seats translating into ease while driving... both of which when compared to a vitz are non existent.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List