Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Lancer vs Belta

Hello guys

My car search has boiled down to two cars: Mitsubishi Lancer and Toyota Belta. I am not a fan of local Toyota and Honda cars. Now as most of you know, you can get a reasonable Lancer in less than 1 million, while a reasonable Belta starts from 1.25 million. I personally like the drive and style of Lancer more than Belta. Also, Lancer would be 1.3L or 1.6L whereas a good Belta 1.3L is hard to find. While I am concerned about consumption (petrol only), parts and maintenance; resale is not a major concern as I will be keeping the car for at least 4 - 5 years.

I would request the gurus on the forum to help me make up my mind.

Thank you

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dkstinger View Post
    Hello guys

My car search has boiled down to two cars: Mitsubishi Lancer and Toyota Belta. I am not a fan of local Toyota and Honda cars. Now as most of you know, you can get a reasonable Lancer in less than 1 million, while a reasonable Belta starts from 1.25 million. I personally like the drive and style of Lancer more than Belta. Also, Lancer would be 1.3L or 1.6L whereas a good Belta 1.3L is hard to find. While I am concerned about consumption (petrol only), parts and maintenance; resale is not a major concern as I will be keeping the car for at least 4 - 5 years.

Thank you
    you already make your mind for lancer

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=dkstinger;4361861]Hello guys

You are trying to choose between two out-of-market cars, so lets determine which one is less bad.

Lancer will be heavier on fuel whether 1.3 or 1.6. Belta will be more fuel efficient.
    Frankly 1000cc belta is quite underpowered and so is 1.3 auto lancer. (Dewan import).
    If you have to make a choice, either get a 1.3 belta (fresh import) or a 1.5 lancer JDM (fresh import). You will be able to get belta for around 13 and lancer for around 12. Amongst these two, lancer is the better option for being a big heavy serious looking practical car. Parts will be expensive but then belta isn't either cheap to maintain.

Sent from my SM-N900 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello,

Let me start by saying that there's a very valid reason that any variant of the lancer is far cheaper than any of the similar options in the market. The reason is that resale is just one of the issues that you'd have with a lancer.

Other than that, you would also face performance issues on both CNG as well as petrol, the reason being that the engine just plain out sucks. I've owned a 1.6 auto as well as a 1.3 manual lancer, and while the drive is indeed above the 2000 - 2005 civic, that's about the only thing that's better. And only while it lasts.

The consumption sucks; tuning it to perform 100% on regular petrol is a daunting aspect, and the parts are ridiculously over-priced, especially when considering that cabin space, braking, pick and features are all inferior as compared to any other mid-sized sedan.

This may sound biased, and I apologize for offending any lancer lovers out there, but it's just my personal take based on my personal experience

You've clearly mentioned not wanting to go for a pak-assembled car, but I'd say that's your best bet if you want the best of all worlds in this convoluted market of ours. And if JDM is what really matters, then go for a brand that sells, which would boil down to toyota, which in turn would boil down to a belta or a corolla x
    E. Saville

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

One other thing; I think both the Lancer as well as the Belta only come with CVT transmissions as far as the auto option goes, and that's another aspect that is better off avoided... Aim for a regular auto, or super ECT - BTW, the Prosmatec [all models] undeniably rocks!
    E. Saville

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for lancer and forget the rest

Sent from my GT-S5300 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For me both are over all same as belta has quite decent features and very good built while lancer compensate that by it's look.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using PW Forums mobile app

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List