Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Yokohama A drive or Hankook Korea 195/65R15.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Yokohama A drive or Hankook Korea 195/65R15.

I want to change 195/65R15 Eurostar tires on corolla 2013 with following and want to retain original configuration. Right now, original tires are 18k driven and in very good condition and shops at Rawalpindi are offering me Rs 8000 on all of them. Kindly suggest as what should be the right price for these old tires.

Following are the prices offered to me in market, right now I am considering Yokohama A drive and Hankook Korea kindly suggest pros and cons against these, in good budget and if price offered on old tires are ok or not.

Michelin Energy Savor XM2 ------------------------------
    Yokohama Advanced DB -----------------------------------Price unknown, don?t remember exactly
    Yokohama C drive ------------------------------------------Rs 7800
    Yokohama A drive -------------------------------------------Rs 7600
    Hankook Korea ---------------------------------------------- dont know

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congrats...You made the right decision...So are these 95H or 91V?

Talking about the speed rating!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tyre gurus plz ans my ques with details.
    I have swift dx which has factory fited yoko e70 db.they have very less road noise but they are hard more than generals when i take my car to bimpy roads it felt that im going on stones.so kindly tell me 101 percent comfortable tyres ever made.
    Plz tell.me difference of in these tyres with full detail.
    Difference between yoko a drive yoko c drive yoko earth yoko advan db and mechelin energy saver whose more comfortble

Sent from my SHV-E160S using PW Forums mobile app
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rohban427 View Post
    Congrats...You made the right decision...So are these 95H or 91V?

Talking about the speed rating!!!
    thanks, just cross checked it as its 91V.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jklodhi View Post
    Congrats on new tyres, which shop ?
    its Zafar Traders in main Sadar, Rawalpindi he gave the best rates on all the tires.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by COOLTAHIR View Post
    @tyre gurus plz ans my ques with details.
    I have swift dx which has factory fited yoko e70 db.they have very less road noise but they are hard more than generals when i take my car to bimpy roads it felt that im going on stones.so kindly tell me 101 percent comfortable tyres ever made.
    Plz tell.me difference of in these tyres with full detail.
    Difference between yoko a drive yoko c drive yoko earth yoko advan db and mechelin energy saver whose more comfortble

Well I took the decision based on references and reviews from Pakwheel members as they will further guide you. Tires they do damp, but lot has to do with other factors such as , car make, fault with suspensions which includes shocks, bushes, damaged engine mounts, loose fittings, broken or damaged rubbers between windows and doors makes things further bad.

Otherwise yokohama are good tires and rest other members can advise you further.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I want to specially ask you how is the noise of the C-Drive...Is it low or very low?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by talhawaleed View Post
    Thanking you so much friends, ended up buying Yokohama Drive C for around Rs 7625 each tire plus Rs 200 on installation charges. Got lucky this time as during day time they were giving better rates on old tires. One of the old tires shop offered 9k whereas another offered 10,000 for old ones(Eurostar 195/65R15) so I accepted without the need for negotiations as that was what was in my mind. Yokohama drive C had a manufacturing date of 3513 and 4513 printed on it so was sure that they were the fresh piece.

I was all up for Hankook after reading reviews on Pakwheels but after reading @suzukialtomehran comments got more inclined toward yokohama. Anyway, good to see people defending Hankook as surly I will try those on my Honda city whose replacement is already due.

Thanks for considering my suggestion, i am glad you choose the right tires for your car. Hoping for a better result and do get us updated by ur experience.
    Two of the best quotes of Punjabi : 1. Rull tan gae aan! Per Chass aa Gae ai!, 2. Gal Pya Dhol Ty Wajana Penda ay.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rohban427 View Post
    I want to specially ask you how is the noise of the C-Drive...Is it low or very low?
    It’s too early to comment but honestly I don’t experience side slips, tires seems quieter, pleasure of drive has increased as I can maneuver without being scared and funny thing is that car is giving better mileage on petrol.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

anyone here with experience of good year in R12 size

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I used c drive in my city and found them v good @COOLTAHIR for your swift you may try michellen energy saver as its soft tire, but overall suspension of swift is not that good as yokoo are good tires. I had a same feeling with my swift earlier.
    Yoko advn db 551 is another exceptional choice if you guys opt

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    May Allah give us strength to extend happiness around us

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
    I used c drive in my city and found them v good @COOLTAHIR for your swift you may try michellen energy saver as its soft tire, but overall suspension of swift is not that good as yokoo are good tires. I had a same feeling with my swift earlier.
    Yoko advn db 551 is another exceptional choice if you guys opt

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Gud yes all tyres have qualities some bad some gud some very gud and some awsum.i want the tyres which arr 100 percent guarantied soft.another option in my mind is dunlop eco 201 as they are very soft

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^Offcourse man every tire has some specialties...Some are less soft and more quiet...Some are less quiet and more soft...You can not have the perfect thing always!!!

Please tell me in which exact size do you want the tire...If you want in 14" or 15" a good comfortable tyre then you can opt for Dunlop SP Sport 300...This tyre has excellent comfort...Sport Performance as the name also states SP Sport 300...Great grip in both wet and dry...Made in Japan so obviously very durable and long lasting...The slightly negative point of this tire is that it is slightly noisy but not so much as it also has a modern and quieter tread design which is environmentally friendly...Eco 201 is also a budget tyre but it has sidewall issues as it is very soft so it develops bubbles in the sidewall plus it is hell noisy as well...I once used it in my City Aspire and was not so much satisfied!!!

The other good option is Yokohama A Drive as it come in sizes starting from 13" to 16"...This tyre is again a good choice...It is more quieter than SP Sport 300 as it has 8 out of 10 rating in the silence section on Yokohama Official Website and grip is also good and life long in both wet and dry...But it is slightly harder than SP Sport 300 so obviously less comfort but it also has been given 8 out of 10 rating in the comfort section on Yokohama Website...Plus it is generally made in Phillipines, It also comes made in Japan but more stuff which comes to Pakistan is made in Phillipines so this is obvious that the Phillipines stuff isn't better than Japan aur Japan ki cheez ka toh poori duniya maanti hai ke kitni achi hoti hai!!!

One another general point I want to add here as Yokohama is a more trusted brand so it is more expensive too...Maybe It is because Yokohama is pulling out more money from people's pockets as Dunlop also equally tries to compete with Yokohama as it also is a slightly less trusted but equally good brand!!!

I had to get tyres for my Honda City Aspire last year...I went to the tyre shop...The dealer showed me two best selling tyres which I could get for my ride...One was Dunlop SP Sport 300 Made in Japan and the other Yokohama A drive Made in Phillipines and now just listen to this story the prices for both tyres were different by Rs.1,000 as Dunlop was 7,000 and Yokohama 8,000 for size 195/65R15, the dealer somehow recommended me Dunlop, though it was cheaper but he said please buy Japanese thing, don't look at the brand and then I got convinced to him and got Dunlop and then drove the car 5,000 kms on them...Found them excellently comfortable and soft and were quiet too but not that much which I expected from them, so after some time, I changed them to Yokohama C-Drive, now these tires were a little bit harder than SP but a little bit more silent than SP...Generally both tyres were great in their own aspects!!!

Now I have told you the facts about both Dunlop and Yokohama

and so the decision is yours!!!

Choose either between Dunlop SP Sport 300 or Yokohama A-Drive!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=Rohban427;4366210]^Offcourse man every tire has some specialties...Some are less soft and more quiet...Some are less quiet and more soft...You can not have the perfect thing always!!!

Please tell me in which exact size do you want the tire...If you want in 14" or 15" a good comfortable tyre then you can opt for Dunlop SP Sport 300...This tyre has excellent comfort...Sport Performance as the name also states SP Sport 300...Great grip in both wet and dry...Made in Japan so obviously very durable and long lasting...The slightly negative point of this tire is that it is slightly noisy but not so much as it also has a modern and quieter tread design which is environmentally friendly...Eco 201 is also a budget tyre but it has sidewall issues as it is very soft so it develops bubbles in the sidewall plus it is hell noisy as well...I once used it in my City Aspire and was not so much satisfied!!!

The other good option is Yokohama A Drive as it come in sizes starting from 13" to 16"...This tyre is again a good choice...It is more quieter than SP Sport 300 as it has 8 out of 10 rating in the silence section on Yokohama Official Website and grip is also good and life long in both wet and dry...But it is slightly harder than SP Sport 300 so obviously less comfort but it also has been given 8 out of 10 rating in the comfort section on Yokohama Website...Plus it is generally made in Phillipines, It also comes made in Japan but more stuff which comes to Pakistan is made in Phillipines so this is obvious that the Phillipines stuff isn't better than Japan aur Japan ki cheez ka toh poori duniya maanti hai ke kitni achi hoti hai!!!

One another general point I want to add here as Yokohama is a more trusted brand so it is more expensive too...Maybe It is because Yokohama is pulling out more money from people's pockets as Dunlop also equally tries to compete with Yokohama as it also is a slightly less trusted but equally good brand!!!

I had to get tyres for my Honda City Aspire last year...I went to the tyre shop...The dealer showed me two best selling tyres which I could get for my ride...One was Dunlop SP Sport 300 Made in Japan and the other Yokohama A drive Made in Phillipines and now just listen to this story the prices for both tyres were different by Rs.1,000 as Dunlop was 7,000 and Yokohama 8,000 for size 195/65R15, the dealer somehow recommended me Dunlop, though it was cheaper but he said please buy Japanese thing, don't look at the brand and then I got convinced to him and got Dunlop and then drove the car 5,000 kms on them...Found them excellently comfortable and soft and were quiet too but not that much which I expected from them, so after some time, I changed them to Yokohama C-Drive, now these tires were a little bit harder than SP but a little bit more silent than SP...Generally both tyres were great in their own aspects!!!

Now I have told you the facts about both Dunlop and Yokohama

and so the decision is yours!!!

Choose either between Dunlop SP Sport 300 or Yokohama A-Drive!!! [/QUOTE
    Thankx bro.
    Lol apne mujhe or pareshani m3 dal dia actuly im realy not satisfy from currunt yokos to ab dar sa lagne laga hy yokos lene se

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No yaar Yokos are great...They are not just excellent or outstanding!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List