Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Mitsubishi Galant 93-96 Pros and Cons?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Mitsubishi Galant 7th Generation Pros and Cons?

Hi people, I like the shape of this car. (I like the shark shape model 1997-2001 more but that has GDI engines which are no good for Pakistan) Now any idea for how much would I get a clean or pretty clean car of this model and how much would the maintenance cost be? any idea on the fuel average as well please? Resale is not an issue, if the car has along life it will be kept for atleast 6-7 years.
    So:
    1. Buy or not?
    2. Maintenance Cost?
    3. Fuel Average?
    4. Part availability?
    5. Idea of the price?
    6. What versions does it have? which one is the better in terms of economy? not into taking my cars to silly speeds.
    7. Any other pros and cons?
    Here are a few pictures to give you the idea of what model am i talking aboutMitsubishi Galant 9396 Pros and Cons? -1417804Mitsubishi Galant 9396 Pros and Cons? -1417805Mitsubishi Galant 9396 Pros and Cons? -1417806Mitsubishi Galant 9396 Pros and Cons? -1417807

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My personal experience bro: Mitsubishi ka scene full off hain!! If you are living and driving in pk, the most logical choice is always something that's manufactured in pk.

Now, I'm fully aware that this may instigate a full-on pkdm vs jdm war, but screw that yeah :-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by butt9986 View Post
    @mikaelmoon np bro these cars are attractive so its natural i think @Usama1 can you please find out what engine was that? thanks @Xulfiqar after the SCARY comments by these guys i seriously need something from your side, and as mikealmoon said if somehow a swap is managed how good or bad would the 4g63 be? what about the stock engine 1.8 carburetor what average to expect
    Sir, i think if you are buying Gallant, you must not be worried about its fuel consumption caz these cars are known HEAVY on petrol, Secondly, keep in mind that you will have to spend a lot...really a LOT on its maintenance...these old monsters always give a different problem which would not be in your mind even...Sourcing cosmetic parts is a real trouble...anyway, the gallant i checked was having V6 engine, according to owner, it comes in a limited models,( basically he wanted to exchange with my accord 95) moreover as i was not interested at all, so i didnt ask any details about engine...sorry for that

In the end, i will advice you to rethink over your decision, and go for Honda Accord 94-96 model (in outclass cond and well maintained), that is an awesome machine, with most reliable mechanicals and matchless drive, with almost zero issue of spare parts...This is my personal experience so advising u wid full confidence.

Sent from my A8 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usama1 View Post
    Sir, i think if you are buying Gallant, you must not be worried about its fuel consumption caz these cars are known HEAVY on petrol, Secondly, keep in mind that you will have to spend a lot...really a LOT on its maintenance...these old monsters always give a different problem which would not be in your mind even...Sourcing cosmetic parts is a real trouble...anyway, the gallant i checked was having V6 engine, according to owner, it comes in a limited models,( basically he wanted to exchange with my accord 95) moreover as i was not interested at all, so i didnt ask any details about engine...sorry for that

In the end, i will advice you to rethink over your decision, and go for Honda Accord 94-96 model (in outclass cond and well maintained), that is an awesome machine, with most reliable mechanicals and matchless drive, with almost zero issue of spare parts...This is my personal experience so advising u wid full confidence.

actually all i want to know is that whether it will be like as bad as 5-6 per litre or would 1.8 manage to give me 7-8 in city with ac.
    now considering the v6, these engines are REALLY good if you take them to motorway, a V6 is really good with speed and fuel consumption, but its a different story in the city. comment is based on a friend's experience.
    the accord that you mentioned. its an old monster too and its not even as common as a galant so a little more expensive with same resale value and parts availability does not seem too good to me. this galant is available from 3-5 lacs, accord of the same year would be 5 lacs +

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Slayzen View Post
    My personal experience bro: Mitsubishi ka scene full off hain!! If you are living and driving in pk, the most logical choice is always something that's manufactured in pk.

Now, I'm fully aware that this may instigate a full-on pkdm vs jdm war, but screw that yeah :-)
    what can i do bro, the mitsubishi cars are clearly better than the local cars. everyone has their own opinion and there is no need for someone to argue with you. i understand any RISK involved with an old JDM car but thats a risk im willing to take as if i buy it once, i have no plan of selling it. might sell it as scrap some day.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

actually all i want to know is that whether it will be like as bad as 5-6 per litre or would 1.8 manage to give me 7-8 in city with ac.
    now considering the v6, these engines are REALLY good if you take them to motorway, a V6 is really good with speed and fuel consumption, but its a different story in the city. comment is based on a friend's experience.
    the accord that you mentioned. its an old monster too and its not even as common as a galant so a little more expensive with same resale value and parts availability does not seem too good to me. this galant is available from 3-5 lacs, accord of the same year would be 5 lacs +
    Okay...if u still wana take risk, carry on...good luck..waisay by the way Accord 95 is not even close to 5 lac, its far expensive sir, i have sold a few months back...after declining the exchange offers with gallant 95, Mark II 95 and Merc C-180 Classic, 96 Reg 2007...(with merc it was key to key)... an immaculate accord 94-95 is 8+...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usama1 View Post

V6 engine galants were sold by Dewan motors as brand new cars, I personally swapped about a dozen galants to V6 engines but all of them were the later shark models. I did swap one of this model with a SOHC 4G63 EFI engine and it was a real pleasure to drive, the 4g63 has a lot of torque to offer.

The fuel consumption was about the same as a corona premio 1.8 - approximately 7-10 km/lit depending on how you drive it. The engine was damn strong and its mechanical parts were available including head rebuild parts.

The sensors are the plain mitsubishi variety found in lancers, santros etc. the expensive bit was the AFM which is a vortex generator type and is effed up if you think you can clean it out with petrol.

The Hondas are good cars but nearly all of them would require a full overhaul of the front and rear suspension and nearly 99% of them with the climate control A/C would be dead or dying.

In the end you will end up with similar consequences - but dont take my word for it. I am a bit lunatic because I need my cars to be top notch every time
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

actually that accord is no more than 7 lacs there was one in lahore that was in pretty good condition but the seller was willing to let it go for 4 lacs because of no resale value. 8+ is the cf-3 that is 8-11 in its price, but thats the 1999 model. anyways, its not a thread for accord you might just be right about it. or maybe its popular in your city and not in mine
    @Xulfiqar i saw a car, it was not bad in terms of drive and body and everything except it had no tokens paid since 2001 so i did not find it to be a good idea to buy a car that would cost me another 100K to clear the tax with the fines.
    will look for another one and will get one this summer if it does not give me a good fuel consumption i will get a 4g63 efi and i will be like Zulfiqar bhai zindabaad inshaAllah because you are THE EXPERT at pakwheels.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Usama1 that accord is a much better looking car than the c180 you mentioned im glad you did not let it go like that. such cars suffer only because of the mentality of our people because someone who has kept an accord does not go for another car, JDM fans stick to them but in the end if someone has to sell a car thats where things get screwed up. I am more of a fan of 89 accord and CF-3, the only thing in your accord would be the rear lights that arent too mouth watering for me. galant on the other hand has worse resale value but it would be pretty cheap already so not much of a loss for me. and Xulfiqar said it would be okay so its gonna be okay hopefully

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have decided to get a galant now and i am really thankful to both of you @Xuifiqar and @Usama1 for your ideas but due to my budget and personal preference Galant is the choice over accord. so thanks again and I will let you guys know when I buy one, will tag you in the topic i post about it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Usama1 that accord is a much better looking car than the c180 you mentioned im glad you did not let it go like that. such cars suffer only because of the mentality of our people because someone who has kept an accord does not go for another car, JDM fans stick to them but in the end if someone has to sell a car thats where things get screwed up. I am more of a fan of 89 accord and CF-3, the only thing in your accord would be the rear lights that arent too mouth watering for me. galant on the other hand has worse resale value but it would be pretty cheap already so not much of a loss for me. and Xulfiqar said it would be okay so its gonna be okay hopefully
    Exactly, you are right, these cars are real VALUE FOR MONEY, but this concept never exists here...in 4 to 5 lac 97-98% people will buy mehran instead of any out of market excellent condition car, and i think to comment on Mehrans Characteristics here is just wastage of time, ppl who are in favour of mehran will have a lot of logics for buying that...but i am really happy for you that atleast some one is willing to buy a QUALITY PRODUCT. Bas logon ki baton main na aaye ga jo kahin *** " yar out of market gari hai, mehran ya alto lay laitay"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have decided to get a galant now and i am really thankful to both of you @Xuifiqar and @Usama1 for your ideas but due to my budget and personal preference Galant is the choice over accord. so thanks again and I will let you guys know when I buy one, will tag you in the topic i post about it
    Welcome sir ! Do let us know when you buy the car, also share its performance..i will be waiting...

Best of luck with the buy...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

NOOOOOO WAY!!!!! Hope this suffices...

This car had been in my family for some time and we had a real tough time selling it. Back in 2009 we got rid of it for 300k . This is not your everyday suzuki mehran with all available parts. The Mechanics know jack about this car and they will take you for a ride. It may be the loveliest car in your mind yet will be the most painful once u get hold of it. The feul average used to suck big time under 10 at its best.

I prefer the shark shape anytime over this though would STRONGLY urge you to stay away from GALANT.

Zulfi is 100 % correct as i have tought him all that he knows today since i have handed over my knowledge and blessings so he may make this world a better place. (kidding chief you are the man!!!)
    "A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. "If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i strongly urge you to shift your interest to a 1996 honda civic 1.6 vti or perhaps a 2001 suzuki 1.6 baleno gti. They are pretty exciting for the buck.
    "A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. "If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List