Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Contesting a traffic chalan

Dear all

I drive an old cultus 06 with lahore number plate.
    I bought this car back in 2012 second hand.

Today I was given a fine for Rs. 300 at koral chowk under citation that the number plate is not visible from afar.
    I told the officer that,

a. The number plates were not issues by punjab authority back in the 06
    b. I got the car as it and did not install these out of my choice.
    c. There are many newer cars with al-bakistani number plates and such, you should focus your energies on those.

needless to say, the dumb-headed ASI did the chalan all the same.

I am really annoyed with this and would like to contest this.
    Please help me locate IG ITP's email address so I can bring this matter to him.

Please also tell if there can ever be any outcome of this in my favor.

Much obliged.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Got challan for the same reason this saturday on kalsoom plaza chowk isbd.
    Speed Costs Money... How Fast Can U Afford To Drive...???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@SaadMehboob sorry to hear man. Very hard to swallow.

4. 11-06-2014, 08:18 PM

PakWheeler

Reason
    Not needed

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Actually unfair chalan. Try to punish the little guy. The bigger rollas n hondas dont even bother to stop for them.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so no way to contact IG?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@lonewolf1 I figured paying a few hundred ruppee in challan etc is cheaper than contesting it. Be realistic....no matter what others do out there on the streets and highways of this country, it doesn't give me or you a reason to not follow the rules. You should have changed the no. plate according to Traffic police' standards as soon as you had bought the car. You should contest only if 1. you have time, and 2. the car's no. plate was as per those standards.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aakbar thats what I'd probably do as well.
    However, I am still not sure why they are going with this offence against older vehicles. Why not catch some latest model cars who show petulance and install custom plates. I think this whole episode shows they dont use their brains alot. I'll pay the chalan as thats only what I can do but one thing's for sure, its a free for all. I might not stop for a traffic cop next time.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Janab eid aa rahe hay .. commission naheen akhtha krna in logon ney.. I say these are legel ways of rishwat

Sent from my SM-T211 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abart View Post
    Janab eid aa rahe hay .. commission naheen akhtha krna in logon ney.. I say these are legel ways of rishwat

Well this commission thing is to stop the rishwat, and give the motivation to those officers. However, we need to understand this fact.....we as a nation gets impressed with big wigs doing illegal stuff....infact we proudly share their exploits openly, and if we get a chance, we do the same for ourselves. How can you expect the police to stay immune to this negative culture? Piyaray bhai its the nation's mentality. First we as a nation needs to abhor such things openly before we can ask police to do its part ...akhir police aasman se nahi utri...isi quom se hay.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf1 View Post
    @aakbar thats what I'd probably do as well.
    However, I am still not sure why they are going with this offence against older vehicles. Why not catch some latest model cars who show petulance and install custom plates. I think this whole episode shows they dont use their brains alot. I'll pay the chalan as thats only what I can do but one thing's for sure, its a free for all. I might not stop for a traffic cop next time.
    i sometimes scare them by trying to run over their feet.
    they aren't fair, if i'm in my rolla with exhaust, tints, and everything, they dont stop me but in my khyber every cop tries to......
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aakbar View Post
    Well this commission thing is to stop the rishwat, and give the motivation to those officers. However, we need to understand this fact.....we as a nation gets impressed with big wigs doing illegal stuff....infact we proudly share their exploits openly, and if we get a chance, we do the same for ourselves. How can you expect the police to stay immune to this negative culture? Piyaray bhai its the nation's mentality. First we as a nation needs to abhor such things openly before we can ask police to do its part ...akhir police aasman se nahi utri...isi quom se hay.
    Bhai agar insaaf krna ha tu sab k saath ik jesa huna chahiye, plus 200 / 300 rs challan sey kia farq parta hay.. masla us khwari ka hay jo sara din garmi maen chalaan bank line maen kharay hu k jama krwana parta hay aur pick karna parta hay. Aur tab ap ko aur maza aata hay jab ap ko pata hu k yeh chalaan gerzarori kia gia hu!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usman_arooq2 View Post
    i sometimes scare them by trying to run over their feet.
    they aren't fair, if i'm in my rolla with exhaust, tints, and everything, they dont stop me but in my khyber every cop tries to......
    In a way your actions also show the same attitude our police has. Remember life in general is unfair to us all. Older vehicles should not break the rules just coz owners of newer vehicles do and don't get caught and cry foul ke ohoo voh brand new rolla owner is also breaking the rule. Come on, why can't we just follow the rules instead of whining that our police officers don't stop new rolla or LC owners?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In a way your actions also show the same attitude our police has. Remember life in general is unfair to us all. Older vehicles should not break the rules just coz owners of newer vehicles do and don't get caught and cry foul ke ohoo voh brand new rolla owner is also breaking the rule. Come on, why can't we just follow the rules instead of whining that our police officers don't stop new rolla or LC owners?
    i would remove the tints, exhaust and even hids(legal because they are in hid projectors my self import from taiwan) the day i get my first challan, i try to follow the rules as much as i can, tints are only on rear windows and similar to privacy package type. exhaust's output pipe is bigger in size (installed over genuine so sound of car remains stock). even military police doesn't stop my dad for checking because he has military style haircut and asks them with confidence "kesy ho jawan?? kis unit sy? station commander kon ha?" what if we are carrying weapons, or some terrorist does the same????

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usman_arooq2 View Post
    i would remove the tints, exhaust and even hids(legal because they are in hid projectors my self import from taiwan) the day i get my first challan, i try to follow the rules as much as i can, tints are only on rear windows and similar to privacy package type. exhaust's output pipe is bigger in size (installed over genuine so sound of car remains stock). even military police doesn't stop my dad for checking because he has military style haircut and asks them with confidence "kesy ho jawan?? kis unit sy? station commander kon ha?" what if we are carrying weapons, or some terrorist does the same????
    I agree it becomes too difficult to follow the rules when you see others breaking it brazenly without getting caught. But being proud to break the rules....unbeleiveable. We as a nation openly proudly tells each other how they break the rules and nobody catches them. Sunnay walay bhi impress ho rahey hotay hain. Yahan hi to character ki strength ka pata chalta hay ke you still follow rules without getting caught up in that vicious cycle jis ka injaam sirf tabahi hay. No wonder how our country is progressing...need I say more???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I agree it becomes too difficult to follow the rules when you see others breaking it brazenly without getting caught. But being proud to break the rules....unbeleiveable. We as a nation openly proudly tells each other how they break the rules and nobody catches them. Sunnay walay bhi impress ho rahey hotay hain. Yahan hi to character ki strength ka pata chalta hay ke you still follow rules without getting caught up in that vicious cycle jis ka injaam sirf tabahi hay. No wonder how our country is progressing...need I say more???
    i agree with you, but the laws here are all bended to the extent of nonsense, the mods i have done aren't illegal in any country except ours, privacy is a right, i can roll down my windows for security clearance, hids used in proper housing should be made legal, and a big silent exhaust pipe(just a cover over stock) isn't illegal too. and i aint proud of breaking laws, rules. i try to be a better person everyday, i was expressing sarcasm that i don't change with a better or less expensive car, but the treatment i get does.

and about getting away from mp check posts, it is because the soldier standing there is afraid of losing his job if he searched the vehicle of an upper rank officer and any xyz person can take advantage of that by a lil acting to do illegal things.
    the reason being most of our nation is uneducated, most of our people dont understand the meaning of true education, passing a class no matter how is more important than learning something. the output is hollow men who get easily impressed by money, style , rank etc....

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List