Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Advice: Cultus 2010 vs. Passo 2007/2008?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Advice: Cultus 2010 vs. Passo 2007/2008?

Hi PW Gurus,

I have to buy a used car for myself. Please advice. Details:

Requirements:
    -Comfortable car requiring no mechanic work soon.
    -Minimum 1000 CC.

Budget:
    Till 9 Lac Rupees.

Options:
    - Suzuki Cultus (2010)
    - Toyota Passo (2007-2008)

Advice Needed:
    - Any other car you suggest in the budget?
    - If you recommend Passo, please tell me if I can get a un-registered fresh import of 2007/2008 model in this range? If not, will it be a good idea to get a locally driven Passo?

Waiting for your help.

Thanks!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for passo, you cannot get a un reg 2007-8 passo but you can buy a locally driven one,their is no harm in that. Dont go for cultus
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Im happy and satisfied owner of Passo 08. Go for it. Wonderfull car Masha'Allah.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you @muradi and @husnainkhan.

I have done the research on buying JDM cars from other threads, but I cant find some answers:

- Owners of JDM cars, who have been using the car for some time apparently dont have Auction Sheet. Is that normal? Should the Auction Sheet be checked even after the car has been driven locally or is local trusted mechanic/denter is enough for checking?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AS PER MY KNOWLEDGE this is true that not all the people get the JDMs with auction sheets, AND it is true indeed that some dealers often sell these JDMs with FAKE auction sheets which are not verifiable.

So the solution is, if you want to verify authenticity of the auction sheet you can verify it through some online website.(there are japanesse online websites that verify the auction sheets and this can confirm you if the auction sheet is right or fake).

And yes, you can always take up a local trusted denter/mechanic with you who can tell you the mechanical fitness of the.car. And the condition of the car (engine room, interior, exterior, and the downside) speaks itself regarding the condition of the car.

When I bought mine, I mistakenly didn't check the auction sheet but the.condition of the car was excellent Masha'ALLAH Like body, engine, interior, exterior etc wise so bought it and Allah ka shuker hai dhoka nahi hua.

BUT do check the export certificates and other documents thoroughly.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by extrinsic_z View Post
    Hi PW Gurus,

I have to buy a used car for myself. Please advice. Details:

Requirements:
    -Comfortable car requiring no mechanic work soon.
    -Minimum 1000 CC.

Budget:
    Till 9 Lac Rupees.

Options:
    - Suzuki Cultus (2010)
    - Toyota Passo (2007-2008)

Advice Needed:
    - Any other car you suggest in the budget?
    - If you recommend Passo, please tell me if I can get a un-registered fresh import of 2007/2008 model in this range? If not, will it be a good idea to get a locally driven Passo?

Waiting for your help.

Thanks!
    Bhai kbhe passo lene ke galti mat krna ... I bought passo 2007 model 2010 import year and u cant imagine how much that car is 'farig' even if u get the offer of fresh import dont go for that as it will be minimum 200,000 driven and moreover passo 2007/2008 model dont give u good average ... Choice is yours now

Sent from my HTC Ruby using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There are two types of cars that are exported from Japan. One type is Auctioned cars and the other is Dealer cars.
    Auctioned cars have auction sheets. Dealer cars do not have auction sheets. A dealer car may be more clean and new sometimes but it does not have an auction sheet. Many of us Pakistanis are in Japan doing this car exporting business. Those people buy cars from small dealers or directly from car owners and send them to Pakistan.

The purpose of writing all this is. Please do not leave/downgrade a car only because it does not have an auction sheet.

Coming back to the topic, please buy a zero meter cultus if you can arrange the funds. There is nothing like a brand new car.

Passo is also a good buy. The ride quality is good and all necessities are present. Regarding mileage, I'm a bit confused. As per my limited knowledge it does not average above 12km/l without ac within city.

Sent from my LT30p using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by the_mob View Post
    Bhai kbhe passo lene ke galti mat krna ... I bought passo 2007 model 2010 import year and u cant imagine how much that car is 'farig' even if u get the offer of fresh import dont go for that as it will be minimum 200,000 driven and moreover passo 2007/2008 model dont give u good average ... Choice is yours now

Sent from my HTC Ruby using PW Forums mobile app
    What problems is it giving you? What was the grade of the car according to auction sheet when you bought it?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by husnainkhan View Post
    AS PER MY KNOWLEDGE this is true that not all the people get the JDMs with auction sheets, AND it is true indeed that some dealers often sell these JDMs with FAKE auction sheets which are not verifiable.

So the solution is, if you want to verify authenticity of the auction sheet you can verify it through some online website.(there are japanesse online websites that verify the auction sheets and this can confirm you if the auction sheet is right or fake).

And yes, you can always take up a local trusted denter/mechanic with you who can tell you the mechanical fitness of the.car. And the condition of the car (engine room, interior, exterior, and the downside) speaks itself regarding the condition of the car.

When I bought mine, I mistakenly didn't check the auction sheet but the.condition of the car was excellent Masha'ALLAH Like body, engine, interior, exterior etc wise so bought it and Allah ka shuker hai dhoka nahi hua.

BUT do check the export certificates and other documents thoroughly.

So I think the best method then is, to check and verify the auction sheet along with all other documents. And also get the car thoroughly checked by a trusted mechanic/denter. That should minimize the risk.

Some dealers (with ads on Pakwheels) are offering to import a 07/08 Passo on demand. Should I get into import on demand or should I stick to already imported/registered cars, considering I am completely new to this with most research coming from Pakwheels forums?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon_Tarar View Post
    There are two types of cars that are exported from Japan. One type is Auctioned cars and the other is Dealer cars.
    Auctioned cars have auction sheets. Dealer cars do not have auction sheets. A dealer car may be more clean and new sometimes but it does not have an auction sheet. Many of us Pakistanis are in Japan doing this car exporting business. Those people buy cars from small dealers or directly from car owners and send them to Pakistan.

The purpose of writing all this is. Please do not leave/downgrade a car only because it does not have an auction sheet.

Coming back to the topic, please buy a zero meter cultus if you can arrange the funds. There is nothing like a brand new car.

Passo is also a good buy. The ride quality is good and all necessities are present. Regarding mileage, I'm a bit confused. As per my limited knowledge it does not average above 12km/l without ac within city.

Sent from my LT30p using PW Forums mobile app
    I am also in favor of 0 meter car, but Cultus for 10.3 lac doesn't cut it. The brand new technology of 1980's without any quality control and safety measures is not worth it for 10.3 lac, in my opinion.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you @muradi

I have done the research on buying JDM cars from other threads, but I cant find some answers:

- Owners of JDM cars, who have been using the car for some time apparently dont have Auction Sheet. Is that normal? Should the Auction Sheet be checked even after the car has been driven locally or is local trusted mechanic/denter is enough for checking?
    Forget auction sheet and just go with ur denter and mechanic to get the car checked.
    Remember that an auction sheet can only be verified within 3 months after buying from japan so how would u verify a auction sheet of a 12-13 registered car. And cars can also get damaged while in the ship, Dealers can make fake auction sheets.So auction sheet for a 12-13 regd Passo is useless.
    A car with a slight touch up is ok provided if the mechanical condition is fine.
    But do remember that 1kr engine being used in Vitz & Passo is not friendly when it comes to fuel. Personal experience from a Vitz.
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you can find the auction sheet with the car then it is the plus point other wise we have our trusted mechanics and painters. Agar yeh log accidented garioun ko brand new bana dete hain tu phr ek original gari ko bhi tu recognize kar he lay ***.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    Forget auction sheet and just go with ur denter and mechanic to get the car checked.
    Remember that an auction sheet can only be verified within 3 months after buying from japan so how would u verify a auction sheet of a 12-13 registered car. And cars can also get damaged while in the ship, Dealers can make fake auction sheets.So auction sheet for a 12-13 regd Passo is useless.
    A car with a slight touch up is ok provided if the mechanical condition is fine.
    But do remember that 1kr engine being used in Vitz & Passo is not friendly when it comes to fuel. Personal experience from a Vitz.
    I didnt know about the 3-month lapse. Thanks for the info. But what fuel average did you get? On the Passo Owners Fan Club thread, the average that I have seen is around 12-13 (inside city, with full AC), which is not bad considering there is no future for CNG anymore.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So I think the best method then is, to check and verify the auction sheet along with all other documents. And also get the car thoroughly checked by a trusted mechanic/denter. That should minimize the risk.

Some dealers (with ads on Pakwheels) are offering to import a 07/08 Passo on demand. Should I get into import on demand or should I stick to already imported/registered cars, considering I am completely new to this with most research coming from Pakwheels forums?
    I'd say go for an already imported one. Don't import through these dealers. The location from where I bought mine was near SUPER HIGHWAY NEAR 'Abulsufahani' road..the showrooms there are like, LATEST PASSOS VITZ MARKX PREMIOS V8s and other jdms. All are parked on empty plots and khan bhaijaans (owner of showrooms) are sitting along with there guards.

The speciality over there is that, cars meters are hardly tempered. They hardly do makeovers to the cars unlike dealers at khalid bin waleed. And their prices are FAR LOW than dealers at khalid bin waleed.

The cars are often auctioned right there by these khan bhaijaans. When I went there found an auction happening there of Nissan March.

The area Super Highway is not a very safe area as we all know so that is a bit of negative point but it is most likely you arw going to make a good deal there.

If you need any further info. Don't hesitate.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And yes, I don't get good average too but foot on accelerator can make a bit of difference too.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I'd say go for an already imported one. Don't import through these dealers. The location from where I bought mine was near SUPER HIGHWAY NEAR 'Abulsufahani' road..the showrooms there are like, LATEST PASSOS VITZ MARKX PREMIOS V8s and other jdms. All are parked on empty plots and khan bhaijaans (owner of showrooms) are sitting along with there guards.

The speciality over there is that, cars meters are hardly tempered. They hardly do makeovers to the cars unlike dealers at khalid bin waleed. And their prices are FAR LOW than dealers at khalid bin waleed.

The cars are often auctioned right there by these khan bhaijaans. When I went there found an auction happening there of Nissan March.

The area Super Highway is not a very safe area as we all know so that is a bit of negative point but it is most likely you arw going to make a good deal there.

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, I am in Islamabad so wont be able to utilize it. But I get what you mean i.e. instead of going with unknown dealers and importing, its better to stick to already imported ones and buy on basis of car condition.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I didnt know about the 3-month lapse. Thanks for the info. But what fuel average did you get? On the Passo Owners Fan Club thread, the average that I have seen is around 12-13 (inside city, with full AC), which is not bad considering there is no future for CNG anymore.
    It does give around 12-13 on light foot and City Driving and gives 8-9 if you are a heavy footed driver. I have a bad habit of driving hard and rough so it gives me a bad average. It all depends on your driving style
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Those cars are of very low grades and in bad condition as i have heard. You are right that dont do make-up of those cars unlike kbw road where all cars are beautifully dressed to attract buyers.Some dealers on1 Kbw road do sell authentic cars and are reasonably priced too. And going to Super Highway and dealing with Khan bhai it self is a Pain in the aas. Those guys dont listen and are quite rude. (No offence to anyone)
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    Those cars are of very low grades and in bad condition as i have heard. You are right that dont do make-up of those cars unlike kbw road where all cars are beautifully dressed to attract buyers.Some dealers on1 Kbw road do sell authentic cars and are reasonably priced too. And going to Super Highway and dealing with Khan bhai it self is a Pain in the aas. Those guys dont listen and are quite rude. (No offence to anyone)
    Hmm, it is true indeed that most cars are low graded cars but prestine conditioned cars are also available. Like I got mine. And you're right that it is pain in the *** to go there and stuff, but they are not really rude and the most positive thing I find about them is that they don't persuade you to buy their car by speaking like typical market dealers and lying around and waisting your time (MOST of them). They're a bit illiterate though. No offence to anyone.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hmm, it is true indeed that most cars are low graded cars but prestine conditioned cars are also available. Like I got mine. And you're right that it is pain in the *** to go there and stuff, but they are not really rude and the most positive thing I find about them is that they don't persuade you to buy their car by speaking like typical market dealers and lying around and waisting your time (MOST of them). They're a bit illiterate though. No offence to anyone.

So true, but i have heard that they are quite mobbed up and u cannot argue with them or else things may go wrong. but i think going to kbw road is better as those guys are still better and buy one from their with a verifable auction sheet. the environment over their is better and safer than Super Highway and is easy to approach
    Laws r Made to be Broken

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List