Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Advice: Cultus 2010 vs. Passo 2007/2008?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Advice: Cultus 2010 vs. Passo 2007/2008?

Hi PW Gurus,

I have to buy a used car for myself. Please advice. Details:

Requirements:
    -Comfortable car requiring no mechanic work soon.
    -Minimum 1000 CC.

Budget:
    Till 9 Lac Rupees.

Options:
    - Suzuki Cultus (2010)
    - Toyota Passo (2007-2008)

Advice Needed:
    - Any other car you suggest in the budget?
    - If you recommend Passo, please tell me if I can get a un-registered fresh import of 2007/2008 model in this range? If not, will it be a good idea to get a locally driven Passo?

Waiting for your help.

Thanks!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i'd go for passo....although i too was not aware of the auction sheet but Allhumdollilah i got a clean car......as per the confusion on mileage i dont understand how a passo can give under 12km/h without AC in city :-s....i live in RWP.....the entire city is torn apart with the metro buss project....in a week i make about 9-10 trips towards Sadar and College Road (residents of pindi and isb will understand) with AC 100% of the time and then a few to Islamabad which too is brake...accelerate.....brake and accelerate.... and the mileage i get is 12 to 13....and im talking frequent brakes ... most of the time i have to brake and stand there fore more than 10 mins before i could move ahead....

however in winters i used to get around 15-17 in city...and 19-21 on highway/motorway

anyhow id go for Passo.... i have a 2010 passo and im loving it...wud never buy a PKDM even if 0 meter.
    Da LiViN dEaD!!!
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Brother,
    Passo 2007-2008 has steering assembly common problem.I bought 3 cars in 2012 and all of them suffering from
    same issue.got fixed as tightened by mechanic ..good for three months and problem arose afterwards.
    In 9 Lac rupees u can get clean Suzuki Alto Japanese (if you are not fast driver)
    Other options (Mira,Daihatsu Esse,Wagon R Brand new).
    I reckon go for brand new Car WagaonR as it would be trouble free for long enough.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by extrinsic_z View Post
    Hi PW Gurus,

I have to buy a used car for myself. Please advice. Details:

Requirements:
    -Comfortable car requiring no mechanic work soon.
    -Minimum 1000 CC.

Budget:
    Till 9 Lac Rupees.

Options:
    - Suzuki Cultus (2010)
    - Toyota Passo (2007-2008)

Advice Needed:
    - Any other car you suggest in the budget?
    - If you recommend Passo, please tell me if I can get a un-registered fresh import of 2007/2008 model in this range? If not, will it be a good idea to get a locally driven Passo?

Waiting for your help.

Thanks!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alikhan7 View Post
    Dear Brother,
    Passo 2007-2008 has steering assembly common problem.I bought 3 cars in 2012 and all of them suffering from
    same issue.got fixed as tightened by mechanic ..good for three months and problem arose afterwards.
    In 9 Lac rupees u can get clean Suzuki Alto Japanese (if you are not fast driver)
    Other options (Mira,Daihatsu Esse,Wagon R Brand new).
    I reckon go for brand new Car WagaonR as it would be trouble free for long enough.

Thanks
    Thanks for the advice. However, Alto/Mira are both 660cc. WagonR was an option at first but then I came to know its not possible to install A/C in the VX version after buying, while VXR costs 11lac (invoice+registration+basic accessories etc.)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@husnainkhan: Do you also face the probem of Steering Assembly as mentioned above by @alikhan7?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@husnainkhan: Do you also face the probem of Steering Assembly as mentioned above by @alikhan7?
    No, never.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    So true, but i have heard that they are quite mobbed up and u cannot argue with them or else things may go wrong. but i think going to kbw road is better as those guys are still better and buy one from their with a verifable auction sheet. the environment over their is better and safer than Super Highway and is easy to approach
    Haha yeah they're quite mobbed up, heard a story from someone, that these guys were big time smuglers years back (which seems to be true TO ME ATLEAST since its not an easy investment to import lots of v8s latest premios and other grands), I visited there for continous 3 days when I had to buy Passo. When our deal got done, sat with them and had 2 cups of lovely 'sabaz chaii' :p

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by husnainkhan View Post
    Haha yeah they're quite mobbed up, heard a story from someone, that these guys were big time smuglers years back (which seems to be true TO ME ATLEAST since its not an easy investment to import lots of v8s latest premios and other grands), I visited there for continous 3 days when I had to buy Passo. When our deal got done, sat with them and had 2 cups of lovely 'sabaz chaii' :p

Yep those guys have huge sources and deal in Smuggled Ncp's. Its better to avoid them.
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hmm, but the thing is that a buyer can be satisfied since he gets to see the real ORIGINALITY since these guys doesn't do any makeover to the car. That impresses me the most. One can always go but keeping in mind that you gotta be careful incase theres any chance for argument to happen. But Ive personally experienced it theres nothing as such since they're too sitting there to earn money.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@husnainkhan and @muradi, need your help again. I have found a trusted dealer (through a friend) and went to see the options today. He has discouraged me from going for Passo 06/07, he says it will be driven 50,000+ km's in Pakistan and would start giving problems soon. His advice was to go for Alto 660CC fresh import. He had an 2011 Alto 660CC, unregistered, 20,000km driven, for 9.5 lac.

Now I am confused. After registration and some necessary additions, it would touch 10lac. From 10lac, PKDM Suzuki Swift 2010 also starts.

So should I stick to 07 Passo and accept the issues it will give, or should I go for 660CC? (Personally, I think 660CC is atleast better than PKDM Alto and even Cultus, but is 10lac justified for a 660CC car?)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@husnainkhan and @muradi, need your help again. I have found a trusted dealer (through a friend) and went to see the options today. He has discouraged me from going for Passo 06/07, he says it will be driven 50,000+ km's in Pakistan and would start giving problems soon. His advice was to go for Alto 660CC fresh import. He had an 2011 Alto 660CC, unregistered, 20,000km driven, for 9.5 lac.

Now I am confused. After registration and some necessary additions, it would touch 10lac. From 10lac, PKDM Suzuki Swift 2010 also starts.

So should I stick to 07 Passo and accept the issues it will give, or should I go for 660CC? (Personally, I think 660CC is atleast better than PKDM Alto and even Cultus, but is 10lac justified for a 660CC car?)
    Bro i think you should go for the Alto as it is a 2011 model and the mileage is very less. I have kept one as well and it is an amazing Car, Much better than passo. It is so smooth. When i started the car i didnt feel that the car was started. It is literally soundless and smooth, Very fast and fuel efficient too. The price you have got is very reasonable because i got a 2010 4 Grade Alto for 950k wid regd.
    Passo would be older and would require maintainence and work. Alto will give u atleast 5 years of peace. Just check if the car has auction sheet and if all is ok go for it. Mileage of this car is way better than Passo and drive is amazingly quiet
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    Those cars are of very low grades and in bad condition as i have heard. You are right that dont do make-up of those cars unlike kbw road where all cars are beautifully dressed to attract buyers.Some dealers on1 Kbw road do sell authentic cars and are reasonably priced too. And going to Super Highway and dealing with Khan bhai it self is a Pain in the aas. Those guys dont listen and are quite rude. (No offence to anyone)
    some cars are good some are bad its like a gamble buying from them
    they have all sorts of cars clean and damaged but the damage aint much some cars are unlocked and all have their hood open so you can inspect
    Jan Japan has the biggest lot there and they auction about 100+ cars each week they have a showroom on KBW road aswell
    the people present there are not at all rude and the best part before starting the auction they offer free biryani,drinks and tea

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Fahad.Ayub View Post
    they have all sorts of cars clean and damaged but the damage aint much some cars are unlocked and all have their hood open so you can inspect
    Jan Japan has the biggest lot there and they auction about 100+ cars each week they have a showroom on KBW road aswell
    the people present there are not at all rude and the best part before starting the auction they offer free biryani,drinks and tea
    Hahahahaha wah :p, yeah friend's dad WAS partners with Jan Japan. Quiet big work they've got.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Actually, he's right that most 2007 - 2009 models are driven above 70K. The ones which are 50k on ODO are very hard to find.

But you can find a Passo 07 1.0L clean in your range for sure. I've neither owned Alto nor driven it bro so can't say anything on Alto BUT yeah one thing, Passo surely got better grip then Alto. But then again you'll be getting Alto which is newer as it'd be 2011 model.

And an 1000cc engine is always better when compared to 660cc. Keep in mind that if you get harsh on accelerator than a 660cc would give you less mileage THAN 1000cc. As you'd be demanding more power out of a small engine hence it'll require more fuel to burn to reach the car's speed at your desired level. So this is how it works. However, in normal circumstances it is true that a 660cc would give you better mileage than 1000cc.

And IMO, 1000cc is a better choice.

My Passo which is 2008 and was driven 83000KM. And you couldn't tell by looking at the car upside down, engine bay and every single inner and outer corner that this car is even driven 10K ALTHOUGH It was driven 83K. So don't rely on tempered meters if you find a car very clean. Because 95% JDMs are tempered.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for Vitz 1.3 L 2007- 08 model

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abc1111 View Post
    Go for Vitz 1.3 L 2007- 08 model
    It's out of his range since his range is 10.5 i guess

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro i find one at my friends showroom and he said that difference in 1.0 L and 1.3 L is of 50k

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Fahad.Ayub View Post
    I didn't know about the free biryani But Jan Japan indeed is a big name and have heard good reviews about it.
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro they will demand 10 but their price will be 9.5

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Actually, he's right that most 2007 - 2009 models are driven above 70K. The ones which are 50k on ODO are very hard to find.

But you can find a Passo 07 1.0L clean in your range for sure. I've neither owned Alto nor driven it bro so can't say anything on Alto BUT yeah one thing, Passo surely got better grip then Alto. But then again you'll be getting Alto which is newer as it'd be 2011 model.

And an 1000cc engine is always better when compared to 660cc. Keep in mind that if you get harsh on accelerator than a 660cc would give you less mileage THAN 1000cc. As you'd be demanding more power out of a small engine hence it'll require more fuel to burn to reach the car's speed at your desired level. So this is how it works. However, in normal circumstances it is true that a 660cc would give you better mileage than 1000cc.

And IMO, 1000cc is a better choice.

My Passo which is 2008 and was driven 83000KM. And you couldn't tell by looking at the car upside down, engine bay and every single inner and outer corner that this car is even driven 10K ALTHOUGH It was driven 83K. So don't rely on tempered meters if you find a car very clean. Because 95% JDMs are tempered.

Drive an Alto first and u will change ur mind. I had sold out my Vitz 2006 and was searching for something better, Searched KBW road the whole day and couldn't find any thing. At the end i found i found a 4 grade Jdm Alto 69k driven for 935k. I disagreed ke 900k+ mein yeh dinky kon lega. but i had no choice but half heartedly bought the car thinking i made a mistake. While bringing it back from kbw road to Defence i was amazed by the drive of this dinky. AC was chilling at 4.00pm at 2 speed . Car was even faster than Vitz and had awesome grip. One of the best cars i have sold and i still regret selling it
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abc1111 View Post
    Bro i find one at my friends showroom and he said that difference in 1.0 L and 1.3 L is of 50k
    A 6-7 model Vitz can also be found under 1050k you are correct
    Laws r Made to be Broken

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List