friends i am deeply confused over the choice of car...would like you to help me out.
First let me state my requirements
1. I want it to be spacious enough for my family 5 elders + 1 toddler plus a little luggage space as i live on Highway (near/adjacent to Karachi) -- 70% drive is alone -- 30% drive is with family -- 70 KMs of drive daily on average.
2. I want the fuel consumption to "at least" be around 13-15 KM/L which can be affordable for me (with AC)
3. Ideally I want an automatic transmission because I want it to be driven by some ladies in my family too
4. I want a car which "should not bug me even after 4-5 years" if driven carefully....(already am a victim of Suzuki Mehran 2 years > Margalla 5 years > then Cultus 1 year and so on....with a visit to mechanic every two weeks on an average for last 6-7 years...so I want a peace of mind big time....otherwise i am going to literally be a "gullu butt" to my new car ....
5. The investment I am willing to make has a wide range based on different parameters i.e. 8 lac to 15 lac....(on lease)
I have been considering many options since last 4-5 months of analysis (paralysis)...
a. New WagonR -- Initially I was shaky about this but now have read enough good reviews for this...the only problem is its shape and manual transmission
b. Swift DLX (manual) -- but only issue i found was it to be a little expensive being a non-sedan and its non-impressive feul consumption i.e. 10-12KM/L
c. Swift DLX (Auto) -- insanely expensive option ..only 1 lac below than City or Corolla XLI
d. City I-Vtec (Manual) -- the only problem is that it is not auto ....plus i can't give it to any novice lady drivers....
e. City I-Vtec (Auto) -- very expensive...going out of my budget.....and having a bad fuel economy
Now its turn for JDMs....
a common issue with most JDMs: I dont trust these to give me a smooth sail for 4-5 years....as i have heard from multiple people that they start to create problems after 2 years...and then your life is a mess mostly....you cant fix all issues...cant sell for good money etc.
a. Diahatsu Esse -- very small car...with very less features as compared to other JDMs
b. Diahatsu Mira -- again a very small car....i am not sure it is suitable for my family size or not....and it has cross 10 lac benchmark....looks like a expensive option...yet being a small car...
c. Toyota Passo -- looks good but has become damn expensive i.e. around 12Lac for a good car....for a one with auction grading above 4.0...
The closest matches to my requirements have been City (Manual) ...wagonR.....and Mira ES or Non ES....i am confused guys!!
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad