0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Confusion over the choice of vehicle -- city vs wagonR vs Mira

friends i am deeply confused over the choice of car...would like you to help me out.
    First let me state my requirements

1. I want it to be spacious enough for my family 5 elders + 1 toddler plus a little luggage space as i live on Highway (near/adjacent to Karachi) -- 70% drive is alone -- 30% drive is with family -- 70 KMs of drive daily on average.
    2. I want the fuel consumption to "at least" be around 13-15 KM/L which can be affordable for me (with AC)
    3. Ideally I want an automatic transmission because I want it to be driven by some ladies in my family too
    4. I want a car which "should not bug me even after 4-5 years" if driven carefully....(already am a victim of Suzuki Mehran 2 years > Margalla 5 years > then Cultus 1 year and so on....with a visit to mechanic every two weeks on an average for last 6-7 years...so I want a peace of mind big time....otherwise i am going to literally be a "gullu butt" to my new car ....
    5. The investment I am willing to make has a wide range based on different parameters i.e. 8 lac to 15 lac....(on lease)

I have been considering many options since last 4-5 months of analysis (paralysis)...
    a. New WagonR -- Initially I was shaky about this but now have read enough good reviews for this...the only problem is its shape and manual transmission
    b. Swift DLX (manual) -- but only issue i found was it to be a little expensive being a non-sedan and its non-impressive feul consumption i.e. 10-12KM/L
    c. Swift DLX (Auto) -- insanely expensive option ..only 1 lac below than City or Corolla XLI
    d. City I-Vtec (Manual) -- the only problem is that it is not auto ....plus i can't give it to any novice lady drivers....
    e. City I-Vtec (Auto) -- very expensive...going out of my budget.....and having a bad fuel economy

Now its turn for JDMs....
    a common issue with most JDMs: I dont trust these to give me a smooth sail for 4-5 years....as i have heard from multiple people that they start to create problems after 2 years...and then your life is a mess mostly....you cant fix all issues...cant sell for good money etc.

a. Diahatsu Esse -- very small car...with very less features as compared to other JDMs
    b. Diahatsu Mira -- again a very small car....i am not sure it is suitable for my family size or not....and it has cross 10 lac benchmark....looks like a expensive option...yet being a small car...
    c. Toyota Passo -- looks good but has become damn expensive i.e. around 12Lac for a good car....for a one with auction grading above 4.0...

The closest matches to my requirements have been City (Manual) ...wagonR.....and Mira ES or Non ES....i am confused guys!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its highly confusing. I am not sure .
    Wagon- R= Near 1 million rs, good car, easy to drive , a bit over priced, would have bought it for 0.8 million without any questions but 1 million is a big amount . I am not sure about the resale.

City : Big car, for karachi , parking gets tough, but for 1.5 million you get a good car with good quality and honda guarantee. I am not sure abt resale. Fuel economy is less than wagon-r. I dont want to buy a big car since it will be difficult to drive in small alleys but still it has good value for money considering Wagon -r , Swift, Cultus and Japaneese cars are from 0.9 million to 1.4 million rupees.

New Corolla : will be a good buy for 1.65 million but then again its a big car and i wanted a small one

Cultus : I already have cultus and i hate it , its too expensive.

Swift: Decent car but over priced why not buy a city then. Had it been near 1.1 million would have been a good buy.

Japanese cars : all of them are loaded and are made up to good quality with excellent interiors but again used cars. Dont wanna buy a used car on my name.

Honda City 2005 - 2008: Now this is where it gets interesting these cars are in the range of 0.7 - 0.9 million and are of amazing quality and very good looking as well. I would love to buy them but again big cars and since used they will be prone to failures.

So i am unable to decide, i dont want a big car but city 2007 looks like its good value for money. The car has amazing exterior with a good engine, only problem is that it is used.

So most probably i am thinking of Wagon - R. What about you ??

Quote Originally Posted by Talhabmasood View Post
    So what option are you more inclined to...

Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for manual city, for ladies buy used mehran after some time, believe me whether small or big you wont like to give brand new car to a lady. Manual city give you 13-15 if driven with light foot. It is very relible and complete package with power, huge trunk, abs, power steering, windows and side mirrors. It will touch speed breaker with 4-5 person but you can install higher tires. Our city 12 clocked 56k in 2.25 years never been to any workshop except ac service or oil change.
    Corolla Altis 1.6 2016-to date
    Wagon R VXL 2014-2016

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Buy less driven Nissan sunny 1.3 2005 - 2006 automatic... Don't need to lease .... It will full fill your requirements ... Less resale but good to keep 3 to 4 years.

Sent from my HUAWEI G610-U20 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For me the requirement of A. "being automatic" ...B. "having good fuel average"...C. "non-problematic car for 4-5 years" is a priority.......that is why:

If i take A. B. and C --> it is City Automatic (i still feel goosebumps of spending almost a half of the money how much my house costs...plus giving this to some ladies at home...)

If i take A. and B. only --> it should be Passo/Boon which should be between 11-12 (thinking about future still haunts me) ...or a good City 2005-2008 Automatic..(i'll have to find a bank loan option..because below 2009 car will not come on lease)

If i take B. and C only --> it should be WagonR ...no question about it....(nothing haunts me here....just irritates me of having my requirement of giving this car to the family ..unfulfilled..

In this "contest" (...)....cars like Swift, Mira, Cultus, Vitz.....have failed to get to the final round for me ......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

get auto City !

fuel consumption is a bit 'tricky' but in new & with light foot... it'll be manageable.

plus, u can get it leased. big trunk. comfy ride. no problem.... as per ur criteria, 'A', 'B' AND 'C' ...

i have '10 auto City. other than a minor Fuel consumption issue, im loving it ...
    but thats nearly 4 yrs old model. u'll do fine in new one !

Good luck !
    Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 2 line(s).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

At last I found someone who has it .....please let me know the best and worst fuel averages you have been getting and in what conditions.....

p.s. I've got a 50-60Km daily travel... out of which 20km is on Highway (Lyari Express Way + Super Highway) and rest of Shahrah-e-Faisal + other roads...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Buy a passo.

Easy to drive.
    Fuel Efficient (15-17km/lit)
    Awesome experience
    Alot luggage and people space
    No problems if you treat it like you would any other car.

The only problem i see is the expensive parts (in case of theft or accident, God forbid) and the hasle of buying the right car, as there are a lot of accidented cars in the market.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Talhabmasood View Post
    Yaar Abu Jamal... Thank you for your constant help... Do you know about the fuel consumption of automatic city?? I heard it's under 10 plus it will be damn expensive.... Otherwise my heart goes for city big time

Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using PW Forums mobile app
    No auto transmission would give you 15+. A mira might but 660cc is not recommended for you.

And a piece of advice sir, say no to lease as it has interest's involvement in it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for city 09/10 auto transmission. It ll give you 12+ average if you keep light foot on accelerator.
    Its trunk is big enough to carry luggage for 5 persons.
    Its cabin is spacious as compared to any other car in this range like passo or wagonR.
    It has good resale.
    Its sedan so looks are better than hatchback.
    It ll not take you to mechanic for months.
    Corolla is also in ur range but manual model so dont think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default omar

Quote Originally Posted by talhabmasood84 View Post
    friends i am deeply confused over the choice of car...would like you to help me out.
    First let me state my requirements

1. I want it to be spacious enough for my family 5 elders + 1 toddler plus a little luggage space as i live on Highway (near/adjacent to Karachi) -- 70% drive is alone -- 30% drive is with family -- 70 KMs of drive daily on average.
    2. I want the fuel consumption to "at least" be around 13-15 KM/L which can be affordable for me (with AC)
    3. Ideally I want an automatic transmission because I want it to be driven by some ladies in my family too
    4. I want a car which "should not bug me even after 4-5 years" if driven carefully....(already am a victim of Suzuki Mehran 2 years > Margalla 5 years > then Cultus 1 year and so on....with a visit to mechanic every two weeks on an average for last 6-7 years...so I want a peace of mind big time....otherwise i am going to literally be a "gullu butt" to my new car ....
    5. The investment I am willing to make has a wide range based on different parameters i.e. 8 lac to 15 lac....(on lease)

I have been considering many options since last 4-5 months of analysis (paralysis)...
    a. New WagonR -- Initially I was shaky about this but now have read enough good reviews for this...the only problem is its shape and manual transmission
    b. Swift DLX (manual) -- but only issue i found was it to be a little expensive being a non-sedan and its non-impressive feul consumption i.e. 10-12KM/L
    c. Swift DLX (Auto) -- insanely expensive option ..only 1 lac below than City or Corolla XLI
    d. City I-Vtec (Manual) -- the only problem is that it is not auto ....plus i can't give it to any novice lady drivers....
    e. City I-Vtec (Auto) -- very expensive...going out of my budget.....and having a bad fuel economy

Now its turn for JDMs....
    a common issue with most JDMs: I dont trust these to give me a smooth sail for 4-5 years....as i have heard from multiple people that they start to create problems after 2 years...and then your life is a mess mostly....you cant fix all issues...cant sell for good money etc.

a. Diahatsu Esse -- very small car...with very less features as compared to other JDMs
    b. Diahatsu Mira -- again a very small car....i am not sure it is suitable for my family size or not....and it has cross 10 lac benchmark....looks like a expensive option...yet being a small car...
    c. Toyota Passo -- looks good but has become damn expensive i.e. around 12Lac for a good car....for a one with auction grading above 4.0...

The closest matches to my requirements have been City (Manual) ...wagonR.....and Mira ES or Non ES....i am confused guys!!
    You have had bad luck with Suzuki.I have a mehran...7 years. Alto 1000 two years. thank God no problems.

MGK
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How about the new FAW V2? economical hatch with powerful engine and attractive looks, makes an impressive combo isn't it?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Why not a bolan?? btw i would say city 2004/5 will be best for you.as my cousin have this city and he also lives near northern bypass...he said it gives 13-14 km/l on highway and 10-11km/l in city

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

City!!!
    Posted from a PC using taar kay bagher wala internet.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by omaranis View Post
    You have had bad luck with Suzuki.I have a mehran...7 years. Alto 1000 two years. thank God no problems.
    But you must have gone through alot of maintenance work on your mehran(which is quite too much often in mehran, i own one and I believe mehran gives maintenance work too often)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ss_rebel View Post
    get auto City !

fuel consumption is a bit 'tricky' but in new & with light foot... it'll be manageable.

plus, u can get it leased. big trunk. comfy ride. no problem.... as per ur criteria, 'A', 'B' AND 'C' ...

i have '10 auto City. other than a minor Fuel consumption issue, im loving it ...
    but thats nearly 4 yrs old model. u'll do fine in new one !

Good luck !
    what is fuel average of your 2010 city automatic? local and highway... AC/NonAC

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    buy 1 Honda 70 for daily commute, & 1 Suzuki wagon R for family commuting, you can get both fuel economy family comfort & safety. Both can fit as brand new in your budget and easy on maintenance. with 70 km daily commute ALONE, a 4 wheeler will be not wise choice.
    I also commute 70 as my office is 35KM. But it is not possible to use bike in hot summers and cold winters. Plus you collect a lot of dust and smoke.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Passo or go for a Wagon R , Daihatsu Move , Dayz

Any JDM would serve you well for 5 years with no issues.
    Always respect your parents

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1. City
    2. Wagon R
    3. Mira

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by driver56789 View Post
    I also commute 70 as my office is 35KM. But it is not possible to use bike in hot summers and cold winters. Plus you collect a lot of dust and smoke.
    This might be the solution https://peraves.wordpress.com/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MGK View Post
    How about the new FAW V2? economical hatch with powerful engine and attractive looks, makes an impressive combo isn't it?
    I heard the FAW carrier need a lot of maintenance and can only be repaired by company workshops, which are expensive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List