Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: new swift or used honda city

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    usman0099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Exclamation new swift or used honda city

    salam frends.....
    guys im planning to buy a car next mnth InshaALLAH. I am a little bit confused about about two options...... Should i go for 0 meter swift -D.L.X or a used City Ivtec .Both hav their pros and cons. This will be my first car so i really need ur opinion.


  2. #21
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    huzaifaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10,156
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i mean whats the point of comparison b/w city n swift?
    city is a proper family car with a nice boot space , swift is not bad either but simply not comparable with city
    Haters dont really hate me they hate themselves because I am a reflection of what they wish to be.I be happy in front of my haters it kills them

  3. #22
    PakWheeler Follow
    usman0099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post
    Chalo. Your opinion. NORMALLY you start from Small > Big.


    That's just stupid logic, a new driver is not capable to manoeuvre a big car. It comes with experience.

    And, Swifts trunk is not too small... Plus, the seats fold as well.


    Get a swift, you can learn backing up in it, parking in tight spots etc.



    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    [/QUOTE]


    bro..... im not much worried about trunk...... so lets not compare on the basis of trunk space......... i need comfort and peace of mind....(im from a middle class family n i saved this money after 5 years of effort n hard work.)

    Honda City: A very reliable brand in market......it has a good comfort, Shape, mileage. But only issue i have in buying a used car that i dont want to get ripped off from my hard earned money......

    Suzuki Swift:
    Pros:
    V nice in drive...... but still it does not have that feel which u can get while driving honda...... Biggest pro for swift is that it will be brand new..... hassle free..... tention free.....
    Cons : mixed reviews about economy, resale value is a big question mark ......
    Honda:
    pros : shape, comfort, economy
    cons: second hand (MashALLAH se aese mechanic hein pakistan me that they can even beat the brand new car when they do lush push of a used car aur andr se car farigh ho)
    (Moreover my family is never in the favor of buying a used car)

    Im personally in the favor of buying a honda.....but right now cant afford it(There is difference of 4 to 4.5 lac between 0 meter suzuki swift n honda city .)

    Even if i buy a swift today...... after 2 to 3 years i will definitely go for Honda.....

  4. #23
    PakWheeler Follow
    5555's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    25
    Posts
    688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    City is much better in terms of economy resale
    Rest its upto you handling of city ivtec is superb

    Sent from my HUAWEI U8666E using PW Forums mobile app

  5. #24
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    omar_575's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,731
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    All I can see in the title is 'used pkdm vs new pkdm'.... And the answer is new pkdm... Whether it's a Mehran, wagon r, swift, corolla, city or civic.
    - If You want peace of mind and a trouble free car.

  6. #25
    PakWheeler Follow
    khizar44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I'd say, you should definitely go for the swift because since it will be a new car, it will serve you well, it's also quite comfortable and it''s resale too is better.

  7. #26
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    zuhaibafzal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    5,661
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    4

    Default

    Bro it is not difference of 4 to 4.5 lac between new swift and city. It is difference of 2 to 2.5 lac.

    Swift DLX price is 1,282,000 and City 1.3 price is 1,508,000. The difference is 226,000 and rest all of the charges would be same because both are 1.3 category cars and registration cost will also be the same for both car.

    In short, new swift will cost you around 14.5 lac and you can even buy used honda city in this range thats too under warranty.
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

  8. #27
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    husnainkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    83
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    One sentence, Honda is Honda.

    Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using PW Forums mobile app

  9. #28
    PakWheeler Follow
    dexter1377's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Sialkot
    Age
    28
    Posts
    348
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zuhaibafzal View Post
    Bro it is not difference of 4 to 4.5 lac between new swift and city. It is difference of 2 to 2.5 lac.

    Swift DLX price is 1,282,000 and City 1.3 price is 1,508,000. The difference is 226,000 and rest all of the charges would be same because both are 1.3 category cars and registration cost will also be the same for both car.

    In short, new swift will cost you around 14.5 lac and you can even buy used honda city in this range thats too under warranty.
    Nope dude huge difference in both registration and taxes cost


    Sent from somewhere

  10. #29
    PakWheeler Follow
    san91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    319
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zuhaibafzal View Post
    Bro it is not difference of 4 to 4.5 lac between new swift and city. It is difference of 2 to 2.5 lac.

    Swift DLX price is 1,282,000 and City 1.3 price is 1,508,000. The difference is 226,000 and rest all of the charges would be same because both are 1.3 category cars and registration cost will also be the same for both car.

    In short, new swift will cost you around 14.5 lac and you can even buy used honda city in this range thats too under warranty.
    swift's registration cost is double of city's registration as its engine size is little greater than 1300cc. it costed me 80k to register new swift this january 14 while only 41k to register city in 2012.
    abra-ca-dab-ra........!

  11. #30
    PakWheeler Follow
    san91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    319
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dexter1377 View Post
    Nope dude huge difference in both registration and taxes cost


    Sent from somewhere
    just double if i m not wrong.
    abra-ca-dab-ra........!

  12. #31
    PakWheeler Follow
    dexter1377's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Sialkot
    Age
    28
    Posts
    348
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    For non filler it's 3 times


    Sent from somewhere

  13. #32
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    zuhaibafzal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    5,661
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    4

    Default

    How it can be double if both cars are 1.3l?
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

  14. #33
    PakWheeler Follow
    san91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    319
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    i have a little calculation for u, hope u understand and like it!

    Swift DLX:
    company price: 1,282,000
    registration cost: 80,000 (kuch upar neeche)
    total cost: 1282000+80000=1,362,000

    City:
    Company price: 1,508,000
    registration cost: 45,000 (again kuch upar neeche)
    total cost: 1508000+45000= 1,553,000

    Difference: 1,553,000 - 1,362,000 = 291,500

    for your satisfaction and trust, i own both the cars and i m sharing my experience.

    now pros and cons

    Swift:
    PROS:
    *very aggressive acceleration
    *huge leg room space for front passengers
    *company fitted bridgestone turanza tires
    *alloy rims
    *immobilizer
    *good road grip (only if you are driving tameez se)
    *digital clock
    *bigger fuel tank (50 liters if i am not wrong)
    *fog lights
    CONS:
    *no leg room space for rear passengers (bari mushkil se beth te hain qasam se)
    *poor seats for rear passengers, no comfort at all
    *poor fuel economy
    *poor speedometer (no fuel average indicator)
    *poor road grip (only when you are zigzagging)
    *pathetic key remote (that rubber buttons annoy alot)
    *no arm rest for front and rear passengers, (long drive main banda thak jata hai and jab aap raat ko ghar aarahe hote hain office se to already thake hoe hote hain)
    *the biggest CON: it is a SUUUUZUUUUUKIIII (tin dabba), (i bought a brand new car and at that time it had TONS of problems in it)
    *poor ground clearance but better that city
    * its a headache to drive this car if u drive honda city regularly (believe me)
    *hard steering
    *curvy body style/shape (not suitable while driving in traffic)


    City:
    PROS
    *good acceleration
    *soft steering
    *very comfortable seats (mine is leather)
    *better road grip (even if u zigzag on eurostars)
    *better handling
    *better speedometer with fuel average indicator.
    *rear AC vends (under front passenger seats) for rear passengers.
    *more stylish
    *compact body style (traffic main chalane main bhi maza aata hai, inch inch ka andaza hota hai)
    *arm rest for both front and rear passengers
    *rear trunk
    *better fuel economy
    *more space under rear passenger seats
    *and its HONDAAAA!!!
    *its a pleasure to drive
    CONS:
    *no clock
    *company fitted eurostars
    *steel rims
    *no fog lights
    *poor ground clearence
    *no space given for rear trunk speakers
    * only 42 liters fuel tank

    and now comparing the suspensions. believe it or not, city's suspensions are better than swift's. swift gives u a hard jerk on every single khadda (rear passengers feel more aggressively). my city's suspensions were stiffer at the beginning but after some time it became softer or maybe i became use to of it. today whenever i have to go somewhere, i try to take city out because of its suspension, comfort and driving pleasure, the only reasons why i wish to take swift out is its aggressive acceleration and sound system (woofer k shashkay )

    thats all my experience!
    i would suggest u to wait for some more time and increase your budget a little more and go for 0 meter city (sabar ka phal meetha hi nikle ga). and u will never regret this choice (mark my words).

    if u still have anything to ask, dont hesitate!! its about ur hard earned money.
    abra-ca-dab-ra........!

  15. #34
    PakWheeler Follow
    san91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    319
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zuhaibafzal View Post
    How it can be double if both cars are 1.3l?
    swift is more than 1300c. (1329cc i think)
    abra-ca-dab-ra........!

  16. #35
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    zuhaibafzal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    5,661
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by san91 View Post
    i have a little calculation for u, hope u understand and like it!

    Swift DLX:
    company price: 1,282,000
    registration cost: 80,000 (kuch upar neeche)
    total cost: 1282000+80000=1,362,000

    City:
    Company price: 1,508,000
    registration cost: 45,000 (again kuch upar neeche)
    total cost: 1508000+45000= 1,553,000

    Difference: 1,553,000 - 1,362,000 =291,500

    for your satisfaction and trust, i own both the cars and i m sharing my experience.

    now pros and cons

    Swift:
    PROS:
    *very aggressive acceleration
    *huge leg room space for front passengers
    *company fitted bridgestone turanza tires
    *alloy rims
    *immobilizer
    *good road grip (only if you are driving tameez se)
    *digital clock
    *bigger fuel tank (50 liters if i am not wrong)
    *fog lights
    CONS:
    *no leg room space for rear passengers (bari mushkil se beth te hain qasam se)
    *poor seats for rear passengers, no comfort at all
    *poor fuel economy
    *poor speedometer (no fuel average indicator)
    *poor road grip (only when you are zigzagging)
    *pathetic key remote (that rubber buttons annoy alot)
    *no arm rest for front and rear passengers, (long drive main banda thak jata hai and jab aap raat ko ghar aarahe hote hain office se to already thake hoe hote hain)
    *the biggest CON: it is a SUUUUZUUUUUKIIII (tin dabba), (i bought a brand new car and at that time it had TONS of problems in it)
    *poor ground clearance but better that city
    * its a headache to drive this car if u drive honda city regularly (believe me)
    *hard steering
    *curvy body style/shape (not suitable while driving in traffic)


    City:
    PROS
    *good acceleration
    *soft steering
    *very comfortable seats (mine is leather)
    *better road grip (even if u zigzag on eurostars)
    *better handling
    *better speedometer with fuel average indicator.
    *rear AC vends (under front passenger seats) for rear passengers.
    *more stylish
    *compact body style (traffic main chalane main bhi maza aata hai, inch inch ka andaza hota hai)
    *arm rest for both front and rear passengers
    *rear trunk
    *better fuel economy
    *more space under rear passenger seats
    *and its HONDAAAA!!!
    *its a pleasure to drive
    CONS:
    *no clock
    *company fitted eurostars
    *steel rims
    *no fog lights
    *poor ground clearence
    *no space given for rear trunk speakers
    * only 42 liters fuel tank

    and now comparing the suspensions. believe it or not, city's suspensions are better than swift's. swift gives u a hard jerk on every single khadda (rear passengers feel more aggressively). my city's suspensions were stiffer at the beginning but after some time it became softer or maybe i became use to of it. today whenever i have to go somewhere, i try to take city out because of its suspension, comfort and driving pleasure, the only reasons why i wish to take swift out is its aggressive acceleration and sound system (woofer k shashkay )

    thats all my experience!
    i would suggest u to wait for some more time and increase your budget a little more and go for 0 meter city (sabar ka phal meetha hi nikle ga). and u will never regret this choice (mark my words).

    if u still have anything to ask, dont hesitate!! its about ur hard earned money.

    bro, difference is only 191,000 not 291,500

    He must goes for New City
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

  17. #36
    PakWheeler Follow
    usman0099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by san91 View Post
    i have a little calculation for u, hope u understand and like it!

    Swift DLX:
    company price: 1,282,000
    registration cost: 80,000 (kuch upar neeche)
    total cost: 1282000+80000=1,362,000

    City:
    Company price: 1,508,000
    registration cost: 45,000 (again kuch upar neeche)
    total cost: 1508000+45000= 1,553,000

    Difference: 1,553,000 - 1,362,000 = 291,500

    for your satisfaction and trust, i own both the cars and i m sharing my experience.

    now pros and cons

    Swift:
    PROS:
    *very aggressive acceleration
    *huge leg room space for front passengers
    *company fitted bridgestone turanza tires
    *alloy rims
    *immobilizer
    *good road grip (only if you are driving tameez se)
    *digital clock
    *bigger fuel tank (50 liters if i am not wrong)
    *fog lights
    CONS:
    *no leg room space for rear passengers (bari mushkil se beth te hain qasam se)
    *poor seats for rear passengers, no comfort at all
    *poor fuel economy
    *poor speedometer (no fuel average indicator)
    *poor road grip (only when you are zigzagging)
    *pathetic key remote (that rubber buttons annoy alot)
    *no arm rest for front and rear passengers, (long drive main banda thak jata hai and jab aap raat ko ghar aarahe hote hain office se to already thake hoe hote hain)
    *the biggest CON: it is a SUUUUZUUUUUKIIII (tin dabba), (i bought a brand new car and at that time it had TONS of problems in it)
    *poor ground clearance but better that city
    * its a headache to drive this car if u drive honda city regularly (believe me)
    *hard steering
    *curvy body style/shape (not suitable while driving in traffic)


    City:
    PROS
    *good acceleration
    *soft steering
    *very comfortable seats (mine is leather)
    *better road grip (even if u zigzag on eurostars)
    *better handling
    *better speedometer with fuel average indicator.
    *rear AC vends (under front passenger seats) for rear passengers.
    *more stylish
    *compact body style (traffic main chalane main bhi maza aata hai, inch inch ka andaza hota hai)
    *arm rest for both front and rear passengers
    *rear trunk
    *better fuel economy
    *more space under rear passenger seats
    *and its HONDAAAA!!!
    *its a pleasure to drive
    CONS:
    *no clock
    *company fitted eurostars
    *steel rims
    *no fog lights
    *poor ground clearence
    *no space given for rear trunk speakers
    * only 42 liters fuel tank

    and now comparing the suspensions. believe it or not, city's suspensions are better than swift's. swift gives u a hard jerk on every single khadda (rear passengers feel more aggressively). my city's suspensions were stiffer at the beginning but after some time it became softer or maybe i became use to of it. today whenever i have to go somewhere, i try to take city out because of its suspension, comfort and driving pleasure, the only reasons why i wish to take swift out is its aggressive acceleration and sound system (woofer k shashkay )

    thats all my experience!
    i would suggest u to wait for some more time and increase your budget a little more and go for 0 meter city (sabar ka phal meetha hi nikle ga). and u will never regret this choice (mark my words).

    if u still have anything to ask, dont hesitate!! its about ur hard earned money.
    First of all thanks to all frends for their valuable opinion.... @san91 bro both cars lie in 1.3 Category then why there is difference between registration fee.... :/

    n if i wait further.... then new model aajye ga honda city ka which is expected to be launched in december/january
    phir inho ne rates aur increase kr dene hein as corolla XLI after registration 17 lac pe pohnch gye hey to city b 17.5 or even 18 pe pohnch skti hey

    For a middle class professional like me city is a perfect car..... but
    There is a famous quote "Waiting for perfect is never as smart as making progress"

  18. #37
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    faiz.aslam.121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oslo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,464
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    City is 1299cc meanwhile swift is 1328 cc.

    So, city falls in 1300cc category, whilst swift falls into 1300-1500 category.

    Btw- some inside news I have read was that city is in fact over 1299 cc, they manipulated it just so customers had to pay less tax etc.

    I hope someone can verify the authenticity..

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

  19. #38
    PakWheeler Follow
    usman0099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    aur bhai zraa pakwheel used car me honda city Ivtec browse krein...... they r charging ore than 15 lac for 2012 registered car....... inko koi khuda ka khof ni......

  20. #39
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    bradpit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,064
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usman0099 View Post
    salam frends.....
    guys im planning to buy a car next mnth InshaALLAH. I am a little bit confused about about two options...... Should i go for 0 meter swift -D.L.X or a used City Ivtec .Both hav their pros and cons. This will be my first car so i really need ur opinion.
    Definitely the new swift.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

  21. #40
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    zuhaibafzal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    5,661
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usman0099 View Post
    aur bhai zraa pakwheel used car me honda city Ivtec browse krein...... they r charging ore than 15 lac for 2012 registered car....... inko koi khuda ka khof ni......
    Bro, new city aapko 16 lac ke around paray gi toh behter hai go for new one. New model anay par if apka mood change bhe hota hai toh bhe zyada difference nahi daina paray ga aapko
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •