Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 76
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Help me selecting 1 from these 3 (Civic05 , City08 , Swift12)

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    umar_pathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    233
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Question Help me selecting 1 from these 3 (Civic05 , City08 , Swift12)

    Hi, as the title says, i want to buy a car and these 3 cars fall in my budget,

    > Civic-05 (VTi oriel / VTi oriel prosmatic)
    > City-08 (iDsi / vario)
    > Swift-12 (1.3DLX)

    please help me, I really want to buy civic but I'm confused bcz it'll be a 9 year old car, more than 100k driven and i don't want to visit my mechanic daily.

    Please keep in mind these points while suggesting:
    1) Comfort
    2) Easy maintenance
    3) Only Petrol
    4) Fuel consumption 11-12 km/l is okay for me
    5) Resale and Trunk space is not an issue for me

    Waiting for your replies, those who own any one of them please share your experiences too. and yes one more thing please quote the price range of your suggested car.
    Thanks in advance.

    UPDATE: Please Check
    A Love Between A Man And His Car Can Only Be Understood By Those Who Have Felt It

  2. #41
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    bradpit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,064
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umar_pathan View Post
    Hi, as the title says, i want to buy a car and these 3 cars fall in my budget,

    > Civic-05 (VTi oriel / VTi oriel prosmatic)
    > City-08 (iDsi / vario)
    > Swift-12 (1.3DLX)

    please help me, I really want to buy civic but I'm confused bcz it'll be a 9 year old car, more than 100k driven and i don't want to visit my mechanic daily.

    Please keep in mind these points while suggesting:
    1) Comfort
    2) Easy maintenance
    3) Only Petrol
    4) Fuel consumption 11-12 km/l is okay for me
    5) Resale and Trunk space is not an issue for me

    Waiting for your replies, those who own any one of them please share your experiences too. and yes one more thing please quote the price range of your suggested car.
    Thanks in advance.
    Swift all the way. old hondas sucks
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

  3. #42
    PakWheeler Follow
    RaVeN_RiZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    317
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umar_pathan View Post
    any idea what will it cost me? (SWIFT 1.3 DLX 12-13)
    I am selling one.....2011 December purchase....in white
    cars cars and cars...

  4. #43
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sjehsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Civic:
    1) Comfort : Excellent
    2) Easy maintenance : Not really
    3) Only Petrol
    4) Fuel consumption 11-12 km/l is okay for me : Hahahah we have EXI Auto 2005 and i just dont wana talk abt consumption
    5) Resale and Trunk space is not an issue for me : Big Trunk and good re-sale!

    i own Civic 2005, that's y commented on it only... personally i never liked any shape of CITY ever, so i wont comment on it....

    its better to go for new car, Swift is the only option u have then!
    Sent from my own Desktop Computer using my own Keyboard !!!

  5. #44
    PakWheeler Follow
    umar_pathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    233
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaVeN_RiZz View Post
    I am selling one.....2011 December purchase....in white
    Demand? Mileage?

    Sent from my H30-U10 using PW Forums mobile app
    A Love Between A Man And His Car Can Only Be Understood By Those Who Have Felt It

  6. #45
    F1
    F1 is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    F1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,874
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Big difference between swift and civic ,i wont recommend city ,go for civic 2005 if you find one in good condition ,trust me its worth buying ,consumption for manual Vti ranges from 9-10 with a/c in city !
    Godzilla under the Hood !!

  7. #46
    PakWheeler Follow
    umar_pathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    233
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F1 View Post
    Big difference between swift and civic ,i wont recommend city ,go for civic 2005 if you find one in good condition ,trust me its worth buying ,consumption for manual Vti ranges from 9-10 with a/c in city !
    Yeah I'm searching a well maintained manual civic vti oriel

    Sent from my H30-U10 using PW Forums mobile app
    A Love Between A Man And His Car Can Only Be Understood By Those Who Have Felt It

  8. #47
    F1
    F1 is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    F1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,874
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umar_pathan View Post
    Yeah I'm searching a well maintained manual civic vti oriel

    Sent from my H30-U10 using PW Forums mobile app
    i hope you get one ! you will enjoy the Drive and Comfort of this model one important thing that this model is very 'Robust and Durable' best of luck !
    Godzilla under the Hood !!

  9. #48
    PakWheeler Follow
    umar_pathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    233
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F1 View Post
    i hope you get one ! you will enjoy the Drive and Comfort of this model one important thing that this model is very 'Robust and Durable' best of luck !
    Thanks bro

    Sent from my H30-U10 using PW Forums mobile app
    A Love Between A Man And His Car Can Only Be Understood By Those Who Have Felt It

  10. #49
    PakWheeler Follow
    q_malik7142's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    487
    Follows
    2
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Swift if you want less trips to the mechanic and city if you want a sedan category car

  11. #50
    PakWheeler Follow
    umar_pathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    233
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    which car has cheaper spare parts among these 3?
    A Love Between A Man And His Car Can Only Be Understood By Those Who Have Felt It

  12. #51
    PakWheeler Follow
    mavrik5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    36
    Posts
    114
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    With a light foot around 12-14 (my personal experience)

  13. #52
    PakWheeler Follow
    umar_pathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    233
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mavrik5 View Post
    With a light foot around 12-14 (my personal experience)
    talking about which car brother??
    A Love Between A Man And His Car Can Only Be Understood By Those Who Have Felt It

  14. #53
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    HellsGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,201
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Get swift, its not as good as civic but not bad either. Main point is that a 05 civic will require maintenance and its gonna cost you heavy.

    I have 05 civic and following is the work required but due to high cost i am delaying it for some time.

    1. Throw-out bearings (probably clutch and pressure plates too)
    2. Suspension work (exact work will be decided once it is opened)
    3. Engine tune-up since its giving really bad mileage on petrol
    4. some cosmetics work
    5. timing belt work
    6. PSF

    my car is 90k+ driven, its not that it is giving problems currently but soon it will because i know it is time to fresh her up. Now a 3 year old car obviously won't need any of it

  15. #54
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @HellsGuardian
    didnt u started to get 12kmpl on petrol wid ac?

  16. #55
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    HellsGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,201
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    @HellsGuardian
    didnt u started to get 12kmpl on petrol wid ac?
    Yes on long routes, in city i don't think it will give 9+ lol and btw i am feeling power has reduced a bit too and when i went to mechanic for changing brake pads, he told me that silencer is black which means its throwing out unburnt fuel (petrol)
    So i assume if i can get settings correctly mileage will improve. Plus its been a while i got throttle body serviced

    high priority stuff is: Clutch/breaings, PSF, suspension status.

    Edit: I made a thread on pakwheels to learn how one can confirm suspension status himself but got no responses lol I guess only mechanics know that -_-
    The mechanic gave me an estimate of 80k but cant trust him unless i know myself things are actually bad

  17. #56
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Huzaifa_Khalid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    2,813
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    If I were you,
    I would have gone for City If fuel economy was important for me, because IDSI is known for fuel-efficiency .

    If boot space and fuel economy was not a problem for me then I would have surely gone for Swift. Though Swift has decent boot space If C.N.G is not installed, and If Swift is driven calmly then It can give good economy as well.

    I will never suggest you to go for Civic since It would be almost 10yrs old and my mind can never accept this.
    I maybe wrong but you're heart is saying to go for Civic but deep inside you're reluctant to go for it.
    Remember Civic that model has a very very bad economy. You'll regret your decision afterwards.
    Secondly The older the car get's the maintenance and care required to keep it running increases.

    That's all I wanted to say, baki It's your money and you have the right to decide!

    Like My Page Please: https://www.facebook.com/BabuJeeKaThullu?ref=hl

  18. #57
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HellsGuardian View Post
    Yes on long routes, in city i don't think it will give 9+ lol and btw i am feeling power has reduced a bit too and when i went to mechanic for changing brake pads, he told me that silencer is black which means its throwing out unburnt fuel (petrol)
    So i assume if i can get settings correctly mileage will improve. Plus its been a while i got throttle body serviced

    high priority stuff is: Clutch/breaings, PSF, suspension status.

    Edit: I made a thread on pakwheels to learn how one can confirm suspension status himself but got no responses lol I guess only mechanics know that -_-
    The mechanic gave me an estimate of 80k but cant trust him unless i know myself things are actually bad
    throttle body + air filter plug cleaning costs 1.5k but even that only improved avg by 1km at most for me when i was checking avg then i just stopped checking it

    for suspension,show around ur car to few mechanics to see what each one of them say

    also u can show it to that honda 3s mechanic from where i got the pump fixed

  19. #58
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    HellsGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,201
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    throttle body + air filter plug cleaning costs 1.5k but even that only improved avg by 1km at most for me when i was checking avg then i just stopped checking it

    for suspension,show around ur car to few mechanics to see what each one of them say

    also u can show it to that honda 3s mechanic from where i got the pump fixed
    3s wale ne hi to 80k ka estimate dia tha lol according to his visual inspection, everything needs changing but yes he said that 80k is the maximum possible cost. Actual work can only be confirmed once we open the suspension

  20. #59
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HellsGuardian View Post
    3s wale ne hi to 80k ka estimate dia tha lol according to his visual inspection, everything needs changing but yes he said that 80k is the maximum possible cost. Actual work can only be confirmed once we open the suspension
    wo to honda waley they na
    he works after hours, so go n show him there

    like he said if u go to honda they wont tell u to change seals they'll tell u to change the pump

  21. #60
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    HellsGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,201
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    wo to honda waley they na
    he works after hours, so go n show him there

    like he said if u go to honda they wont tell u to change seals they'll tell u to change the pump
    Thanks, i got it inspected by some random honda mechanic while i was there for oil change. I will get his details once i finalize when to get the work done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •