7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Red face How is City 2007-8

I am thinking to buy a Honda City 2007-8,
    1.How is this Car?
    2.How is the fuel Avg as compared to Swift?
    3.How is the Drive as Compared to Swift?
    4.How is the resale?
    6.Is Vario better or Manual and which has good resale?
    7.Which would be a better buy City or Swift,
    8. What r the prices of City 2007 At, City 2007 MT, and City 2008 At and Manual
    Urgent Replies appreciated

Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

had city 07 lahore reg number at my place, now has swift 2011. city was manual on petrol driven 103,000 on Odo whereas this swift is driven between 50 to 60K. city has no comparison with swift. HONDA CITY IS HONDA CITY! quite and calm chilled cabin and is also has better build quality than SWIFT.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    I am thinking to buy a Honda City 2007-8,
    1.How is this Car?
    2.How is the fuel Avg as compared to Swift?
    3.How is the Drive as Compared to Swift?
    4.How is the resale?
    6.Is Vario better or Manual and which has good resale?
    7.Which would be a better buy City or Swift,
    8. What r the prices of City 2007 At, City 2007 MT, and City 2008 At and Manual
    Urgent Replies appreciated
    1.It's good car and is comfortable and has good suspension as compared to its next model
    2.Fuel average is best in 1.3 category where as swift is not much fuel efficient
    3.Where as swift is sports and fast city is more of family car with comfortable drive (Swift suspension and seats are hard compared to city)
    4. Car has good resale if properly maintained (talking about Islamabad a mint condition city 08 70-80k driven cost 11-11.5 lac
    6.Manual is better in resale as compared to vario , as manual is cng friendly and vario doesn't support cng
    7.It depend on your preference (Both are different categories cars)
    8.i dont know about the price as i am in Islamabad and here cars prices are different from Karachi

I extra i would like to add if you are going for vario do check the gear box properly and many are not maintained and because of that the gear box need to be changed which is quite costly further more the vario transmission is cvt based which is new technology and is also introduced in new altis grande

I would further also advise you to think about city steeramatic which is 1500cc and it also has 7speed cvt transmission and also paddle shifter in which you can drive an automatic car like manual car and change gear manually from the buttons provided on steering

Also note this that i am saying this all on my personal experience as i own city 05(similar to city 08 except shape ) and i own a suzuki swift 12 too

thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by husnainkhan View Post
    had city 07 lahore reg number at my place, now has swift 2011. city was manual on petrol driven 103,000 on Odo whereas this swift is driven between 50 to 60K. city has no comparison with swift. HONDA CITY IS HONDA CITY! quite and calm chilled cabin and is also has better build quality than SWIFT.
    Now im tripple confused, City Vs Swift Vs Vitz ,
    I guess all the good cars are out of the market,
    I am looking for a Car with under 50k mileage, throughout petrol and in the range of 1 million and no car is available with such specs till now
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by z0haib View Post
    1.It's good car and is comfortable and has good suspension as compared to its next model
    2.Fuel average is best in 1.3 category where as swift is not much fuel efficient
    3.Where as swift is sports and fast city is more of family car with comfortable drive (Swift suspension and seats are hard compared to city)
    4. Car has good resale if properly maintained (talking about Islamabad a mint condition city 08 70-80k driven cost 11-11.5 lac
    6.Manual is better in resale as compared to vario , as manual is cng friendly and vario doesn't support cng
    7.It depend on your preference (Both are different categories cars)
    8.i dont know about the price as i am in Islamabad and here cars prices are different from Karachi

I extra i would like to add if you are going for vario do check the gear box properly and many are not maintained and because of that the gear box need to be changed which is quite costly further more the vario transmission is cvt based which is new technology and is also introduced in new altis grande

I would further also advise you to think about city steeramatic which is 1500cc and it also has 7speed cvt transmission and also paddle shifter in which you can drive an automatic car like manual car and change gear manually from the buttons provided on steering

Also note this that i am saying this all on my personal experience as i own city 05(similar to city 08 except shape ) and i own a suzuki swift 12 too

thanks
    Thank You for your detailed reply, just one more question if u have a family of three and r aged between 18-22 and have to travel around 30-50 kms a week just in the area and rarely go for a long drive and never take it on highway, which one would u go for?
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    Thank You for your detailed reply, just one more question if u have a family of three and r aged between 18-22 and have to travel around 30-50 kms a week just in the area and rarely go for a long drive and never take it on highway, which one would u go for?
    Bro i again say it depends on your preference but i must say there is alot difference in finishing quality of both city and swift, but swift is alot more fun to drive and the engine is very responsive but swift cabin is little small as compared to city and in comfort city is way ahead even this city is more comfortable then new city. and where as long drive is concerned both cars are upto mark for long drive

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

City is a wiser choice with problems like Key holes all keep going bad, Power windows and power mirrors would always have issues.

But the IDSI manages 14km/L atleast minimum 12 km/L any day best fuel consumption in its class. Id not recommend Vario get a manual only

Another thing is that you wouldnt find a City under 80,000 kms in prestine condition because of being runned locally where as a 2010 Swift and a 2010 imported Vitz would be in cleaner conditions
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You'll easily get a 2009 City in 11.5-11.75 range manual transmission
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    City is a wiser choice with problems like Key holes all keep going bad, Power windows and power mirrors would always have issues.

But the IDSI manages 14km/L atleast minimum 12 km/L any day best fuel consumption in its class. Id not recommend Vario get a manual only

Another thing is that you wouldnt find a City under 80,000 kms in prestine condition because of being runned locally where as a 2010 Swift and a 2010 imported Vitz would be in cleaner conditions
    My city 05 never gave key holes , power windows and power mirror problem and there components are still working great

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My city 05 never gave key holes , power windows and power mirror problem and there components are still working great
    great (Y)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro i again say it depends on your preference but i must say there is alot difference in finishing quality of both city and swift, but swift is alot more fun to drive and the engine is very responsive but swift cabin is little small as compared to city and in comfort city is way ahead even this city is more comfortable then new city. and where as long drive is concerned both cars are upto mark for long drive
    Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post

Thank u both for ur replies, chinyoti u r correct ive tried very hard but can't find a city under 40k mileage or atleast in good condition, all the manuals are abused on CNG and im not in the mood for going for an Auto, i will look in the market tomorrow again and Swift will be my first preference and City would be my Second,
    Thank u both for ur help
    Laws r Made to be Broken

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List