Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Altis Grande is a tempting car ... no doubt ! .. and better looking tjen civic

having said that I would like to mention the cons as well

1. it will give you a higher loss as compared to Civic on resale

2. it is theft prone ... hot cake for theives ... theft rate is highest for Corolla and mehran in Pak

minus these two points it is a treat for sure

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was eagerly waiting for the new toyota corolla altis to be launched in PK, and was following it ever since it was launched in turkey back in 2013. No doubt the cars looks fantastic as compared to the Honda Civic and offers a better transmission, however the lack of climate control and immobilizer is a great let down. I was very disappointed when i saw that the new altis was not launched with an immobilizer.
    Having had at least 3 incidents of corolla being stolen in family and close friends, i promised my self that i will only buy the new corolla if it is launched with an immobilizer. Yes, insurance might be a wise choice, but trust me it's not worth it. My Taya's brand new Toyota Altis CT/SR was stolen from his house in F-11 ISB. The car was only 3-4 days old, it was insured but it took almost 3-4months to recover the payment from the company with a loss of around 1 lac. He bought a brand new civic after that.
    I have recently sold my Altis 1.6 CT to upgrade to either the new corolla or civic, but since corolla isn't coming with the immobilizer i am inclined on buying a civic. However, I have recently took up my grievance with a friend who owns one of the largest toyota showrooms in lahore. He said that IMC is working on introducing the immoblizer and climate control in Grande in Jan, 2015. And he has asked me to wait till January. So I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    Bumper Sticker: "I feed off other people's rage, so drive carefully :-)."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devilz_apprentice View Post
    I was eagerly waiting for the new toyota corolla altis to be launched in PK, and was following it ever since it was launched in turkey back in 2013. No doubt the cars looks fantastic as compared to the Honda Civic and offers a better transmission, however the lack of climate control and immobilizer is a great let down. I was very disappointed when i saw that the new altis was not launched with an immobilizer.
    Having had at least 3 incidents of corolla being stolen in family and close friends, i promised my self that i will only buy the new corolla if it is launched with an immobilizer. Yes, insurance might be a wise choice, but trust me it's not worth it. My Taya's brand new Toyota Altis CT/SR was stolen from his house in F-11 ISB. The car was only 3-4 days old, it was insured but it took almost 3-4months to recover the payment from the company with a loss of around 1 lac. He bought a brand new civic after that.
    I have recently sold my Altis 1.6 CT to upgrade to either the new corolla or civic, but since corolla isn't coming with the immobilizer i am inclined on buying a civic. However, I have recently took up my grievance with a friend who owns one of the largest toyota showrooms in lahore. He said that IMC is working on introducing the immoblizer and climate control in Grande in Jan, 2015. And he has asked me to wait till January. So I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    They will introduce it at the end of 2015 and they said we'll charge around 28 for that.
    P.s you can get the climate control on amazon for 90 dollars.
    And as per immobiliser you can get it insured. Safety measures can be done.
    But then again you're money you're choice.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Insurance isn't a safety measure, immobilizer is.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Having been part of the incident, involving the recovery of money using insurance , I am speaking from experience that insurance is not the solution to this problem! Proper theft deterrent is needed. Also, insurance requires tracker installation. i have seen 2 new corolla's being burnt to crisp because of the faulty tracker wiring. The money was recovered with ease in those cases, however why take the risk in first place. Why not have something from factory which can prevent this in the first place?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Civic vti oriel pros, period.

sent from outer space.
    The men are back. @TGT.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

whoever quoted you that they are going to charge 2.8Million just because they have added immobilizer and climate control was a pure breed moron.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

whoever quoted you that they are going to charge 2.8Million just because they have added immobilizer and climate control was a pure breed moron.
    Toyota Gt motors.
    They told me.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Buddy I hope and wish what you are saying is correct but assemblers in Pakistan do not introduce revisions in their models that early. Corolla was introduced last month and changes in January is out of question .. trust me it will take atleast 1.5 year ( and I am being very optimistic here ) may be by 2015 end or by in start of 2016 along with Honda Civic's facelift.

Revision in January does not make sense ! rest Allah knows the best !
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ahh, still talking about immobilizers and climate control? Tough luck IMC don't give a damn.

Regarding insurance and tracker- I find that mandatory for every car- New or old.

Just because a car has an Immobilizer, doesn't mean that it's foolproof. All you need is a man with a gun, pointing at you.
    Stay safe, drive safe and ayat ul kursi is the best remedy.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

He actually said that IMC has been prompted to consider immobilizer because of the customer response and the discussion that go on at PW. Many potential customers have showed their grievances at the introduction of this model.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

He actually said that IMC has been prompted to consider immobilizer because of the customer response and the discussion that go on at PW. Many potential customers have showed their grievances at the introduction of this model.
    even then ..I am telling you today .. 1.5 year is a very very optimistic guess for any change in any of corolla models.

It is 23rd August,2014 , 1:34 am on the dial .. lets clock it

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umair2203 View Post
    hahahhhahaaaaaaa ... yar cha gye hein ap ... ye jis jis ne grandayy book krwaye hai sun lein plzzz

Corollaaa Garam Andayyy

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    I can sense a lot of butthurt coming my way from garam anday fanboys....
    None of the brave deserve fair....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It is more of a value addition rather than a revision, hence i am optimistic. Obviously, they are not going to give it for free from the goodness of their heart. They are going to charge at least 50K for immobilizer alone. And I am pretty much sure that the introduction of immobilizer will boost up their sales considerably since the pakistani buyer has become much more aware and conscious on the value of this nifty little theft deterrent. All they have to do is install three components, they don't have to change anything. The ECU of the new altis is compatible with the immobilizer.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^They are already getting a gud response same as the previous gen btw bookings have gone till Dec-Jan for grande, so why would they bother. Maybe they would introduce after 3-4 years to boost their sales.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It is more of a value addition rather than a revision, hence i am optimistic. Obviously, they are not going to give it for free from the goodness of their heart. They are going to charge at least 50K for immobilizer alone. And I am pretty much sure that the introduction of immobilizer will boost up their sales considerably since the pakistani buyer has become much more aware and conscious on the value of this nifty little theft deterrent. All they have to do is install three components, they don't have to change anything. The ECU of the new altis is compatible with the immobilizer.
    After all It's Pakistan!
    It's a max 10-15K job to Install Immobilizer.
    They're ought to give Climate Control as-well.
    They'll charge atleast 50K for Immobilzer and 75K for Climate control!

FYI Climate Control for this Corolla is available at Amazon for 90$!
    Like My Page Please: https://www.facebook.com/BabuJeeKaThullu?ref=hl

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

50k is not much for immobilizer. Atleast there would be a difficult barrier for thieves to take down.
    None of the brave deserve fair....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think civic is better.

Handling:

Civic is much better in handling than the corolla. Its chassis is more balanced as compared to the corolla. Try taking a sharp turn at the speed of 50 or 60 , you'll feel the difference.

Looks:

The civic has a streamlined shape as compared to the beefy corolla. Due to its streamlined shape the car's handling on high speed is much better plus it also helps in a better mileage. The corolla has a nice look but looks can be deceptive.

Technology:

I think civic is better in this point also. Its coz of the BOS. I think its a really nice feature. Paddle shifter is not as cool as this BOS feature.

Security:

The lack of immobilizer feature in corolla makes it a thief magnet. I've read people saying to get the car insured. But that makes it even closer to the price tag of civic.

The last and the most important thing is class! You dont see a 1.3 civic then a 1.6 and than a 1.8? Honda has city 1.3 and 1.5 category.
    You spend a lot of money on a car and while going on a road see a same car which doesn't have same spec as the car you have but it sure looks like your car!
    And the car is so beefy that the stock tyres look so thin it feel a bit odd.

GT-I9100 CyanogenMod

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^rethink that technology part.
    Paddle shifters are even offered in a Ferrari.
    Not don't say you're civic is better that a ferrari.
    The thing is honda fan boys don't even accept facts. Corolla has better transmission this time no matter what abbreviations you bring up.
    ride comfort. ? No civic can beat a corollas ride comfort and that too on a bumpy road.
    Damn you civic fans.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ArslanNawaz View Post
    ^rethink that technology part.
    Paddle shifters are even offered in a Ferrari.
    Not don't say you're civic is better that a ferrari.
    The thing is honda fan boys don't even accept facts. Corolla has better transmission this time no matter what abbreviations you bring up.
    ride comfort. ? No civic can beat a corollas ride comfort and that too on a bumpy road.
    Damn you civic fans.

Bro im not a fan im just explaining which i felt driving both of the cars! No need to get so serious about it. Its just a harmless discussion. And about the paddle shifters its a great technology but it was also in steermatic i guess.

GT-I9100 CyanogenMod

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

User Tag List