Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 69
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Price Check: Mitsubishi Lancer 2004

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Price Check: Mitsubishi Lancer 2004

    Need price suggestions of the following vehicle, a 2004 Lancer 1.3 GLX Automatic.
    Since a long time I am looking for a clean Lancer and this one caught my eye.
    What is the fair price of this car, I'm genuinely interested.
    Need honest and unbiased feedback

    Used Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX Automatic 2004 Car for sale in Lahore - 947785 | PakWheels

    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    talhabinomar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    I think Rs. 975K will be more than enough because of the following facts:
    1. Not a Market Car (But better choice than a market car)
    2. Expensive Spares
    3. Almost no after sales services
    Other than this, these cars are better than the rival cars of same era like Honda, Toyota.

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Haroon_Tarar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,213
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    If all is true what is mentioned, the car is worth even the asking price.
    A showroom may offer 9 for it

    Sent from my HUAWEI G610-U20 using PW Forums mobile app

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by talhabinomar View Post
    I think Rs. 975K will be more than enough because of the following facts:
    1. Not a Market Car (But better choice than a market car)
    2. Expensive Spares
    3. Almost no after sales services
    Other than this, these cars are better than the rival cars of same era like Honda, Toyota.
    We own a Lancer since 2006, bought brand new back then, it is a marvelous machine.
    Resale does not matter as the car will be a permanent family member In Shaa Allah so even if I have to pay a higher price, it is worth it provided the description is true. As for spares, Alhamdulillah in 8 years of ownership other than routine maintenance changed the brakes once and clutch set recently that too because drivers mishandled them and caused damage to them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Haroon_Tarar View Post
    If all is true what is mentioned, the car is worth even the asking price.
    A showroom may offer 9 for it

    Sent from my HUAWEI G610-U20 using PW Forums mobile app
    In the pics the car looks very good, I think I should call the seller tomorrow and inquire and then tell some friend in Lahore to initially check it before I pay a final visit.
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    bradpit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,064
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    We own a Lancer since 2006, bought brand new back then, it is a marvelous machine.
    Resale does not matter as the car will be a permanent family member In Shaa Allah so even if I have to pay a higher price, it is worth it provided the description is true. As for spares, Alhamdulillah in 8 years of ownership other than routine maintenance changed the brakes once and clutch set recently that too because drivers mishandled them and caused damage to them.



    In the pics the car looks very good, I think I should call the seller tomorrow and inquire and then tell some friend in Lahore to initially check it before I pay a final visit.
    I have seen a similar Lancer GLX M/T 2 piece touch-up and with cng sold for Rs. 700,000.

    The car is still in PW used cars section if u want to verify.

    75,000 more and you will get a 2006 Reborn here for 1.1M in Karachi.

    But if u like the car than its your choice.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hornblower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,746
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Not more than 7.75 k and that too coz its lahore registered and our illiterate majority thinks lahore is superior to sindh otherwise u can have same condition lancer in 7 lakhs in khi. I agree with @bradpit bro

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bradpit View Post
    I have seen a similar Lancer GLX M/T 2 piece touch-up and with cng sold for Rs. 700,000.

    The car is still in PW used cars section if u want to verify.

    75,000 more and you will get a 2006 Reborn here for 1.1M in Karachi.

    But if u like the car than its your choice.
    CNGed Lancer is a big NO. After many months I came across this ad in which the car genuinely looks clean, and as I said before, for a clean car I can pay a higher price as I do not intend to sell it in the near future. We personally love Lancer and the comfort of this car is unmatched.


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using PW Forums mobile app
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hornblower View Post
    Not more than 7.75 k and that too coz its lahore registered and our illiterate majority thinks lahore is superior to sindh otherwise u can have same condition lancer in 7 lakhs in khi. I agree with @bradpit bro
    7.75k mein to Lancer ka steering bhi na aaye :p just kidding
    Lahore registration is fine with me. I'm pretty much sure the cars in 7 lakhs are not even close to this condition.


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using PW Forums mobile app
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    bradpit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,064
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    7.75k mein to Lancer ka steering bhi na aaye :p just kidding
    Lahore registration is fine with me. I'm pretty much sure the cars in 7 lakhs are not even close to this condition.


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using PW Forums mobile app
    Since u will not take a no against Lancer so I can only say that at least get a JDM version or 2007 facelift with 2 tone interior.

    All else is your choice.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bradpit View Post
    Since u will not take a no against Lancer so I can only say that at least get a JDM version or 2007 facelift with 2 tone interior.

    All else is your choice.
    The problem with those are that a vast majority of them are major accidental airbag blown imports. Otherwise they're a good buy!


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using PW Forums mobile app
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @huzaifaa your comments needed


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using PW Forums mobile app
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Haroon_Tarar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,213
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bradpit View Post
    Since u will not take a no against Lancer so I can only say that at least get a JDM version or 2007 facelift with 2 tone interior.

    All else is your choice.
    JDM is a CVT and I am unable to understand why it failed here.
    If I were to buy a lancer dewan Import, I would buy a manual 1.6

    JDM lancers are available for 10 lacs too

    Sent from my HUAWEI G610-U20 using PW Forums mobile app

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haroon_Tarar View Post
    JDM is a CVT and I am unable to understand why it failed here.
    If I were to buy a lancer dewan Import, I would buy a manual 1.6

    JDM lancers are available for 10 lacs too

    Sent from my HUAWEI G610-U20 using PW Forums mobile app
    Sir what is your final verdict about the ad I have shared? We already have a manual and it's preferred if we get an automatic and an authentic vehicle.


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using PW Forums mobile app
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Haroon_Tarar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,213
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Lancer is having a pathetic resale these days. People saying 7 lacs are right too. But no, this condition car, provided the info is all correct was/is\will never be available near this price bracket.
    On the other hand, automatic lancers don't have a good driving experience. The auto tranny is not so good.
    Like you, I personally am OK with the asking and would by the car if I wanted to have a lancer. Lancers are truly amazing cars.
    If you want auto, do give jdm a thought too. Not all cars have blown airbags and not all are accidental. Nothing wrong if a couple of pieces are painted

    Sent from my HUAWEI G610-U20 using PW Forums mobile app

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haroon_Tarar View Post
    Lancer is having a pathetic resale these days. People saying 7 lacs are right too. But no, this condition car, provided the info is all correct was/is\will never be available near this price bracket.
    On the other hand, automatic lancers don't have a good driving experience. The auto tranny is not so good.
    Like you, I personally am OK with the asking and would by the car if I wanted to have a lancer. Lancers are truly amazing cars.
    If you want auto, do give jdm a thought too. Not all cars have blown airbags and not all are accidental. Nothing wrong if a couple of pieces are painted

    Sent from my HUAWEI G610-U20 using PW Forums mobile app
    What are the issues with the auto tranny of Dewan import Lancers?


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using PW Forums mobile app
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,895
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    What are the issues with the auto tranny of Dewan import Lancers?


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using PW Forums mobile app
    My 1.3 was an auto, very heavy on fuel. Otherwise not much of an issue, then again I never took it to a hilly area so I can't give a proper review

  17. #17
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,895
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Till where the car in the given ad is concerned, initiate from 8.5 and try to wrap it up before 9.5, lahore number vehicles are looked down upon these days, hence negotiation won't be too much of a hassle

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mwm749's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,160
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Aoa. I would have the car checked first.

    If its as clean and well maintained as claimed by poster then you should go after it.
    As regards to the price, well kept cars always sell well above market price.
    I Dont Drive Fast, I Fly Slowly....

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    bradpit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,064
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    The problem with those are that a vast majority of them are major accidental airbag blown imports. Otherwise they're a good buy!


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using PW Forums mobile app
    You can confirm that by auction sheet and value on GD or house bill of lading.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

  20. #20
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    bradpit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,064
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    What are the issues with the auto tranny of Dewan import Lancers?


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using PW Forums mobile app
    All kind of issues on CNG the ones till 2006 have CVT in 1.6L so if it has CNG high chances are that car has already a junkyard transmission.

    1.3L came with conventional 4 speed auto which can work on CNG but injector will fail on 40,000 km or around and then you are on junkyard injectors for 1200 per pop since the original ones are 8,400/piece.

    One other gift of CNG would be that air intake or box would blow or leak after every 3-6 months causing misfire not to mention you have to block the air on throttle body.

    Shift quality of CVT is worse, the 4 speed auto is much better and on par with same model Altis but inferior to Civic.

    In 2007 facelift Deewan dropped the 1.6L variant altogether.

    The JDM versions are with 1.5L 4G15 CVT engines with much better torque.

    The Thai versions does not have any airbag, ABS or navigation etc at all.

    So a Lancer with auto transmission is only good if its in petrol.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •