Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question Suzuki Liana Vs any other car in Rs. 7 Lakh budget

Dear Members,

My budget is Rs. 7 lakh and I'm confused about choosing the car for myself. Suzuki Liana's interior fascinates me while it's resale and repute in market is not so good (no offenses to liana users). I can get 2005-2006 model in this budget. Another option is Honda City but I will get an older model (2002-2003) in this budget.

I'd appreciate if you guys suggest me the best.

Regards,
    Zain.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sdogar View Post
    In last four years total sales in pakistan were 1245 at average of 26 cars per month , what would you call that?
    In China also it's yearly sales are pathetic. In whole of the rest of the world it was discontinued in 2005 only within 4-5 years of its release and replaced with SX4.
    You would be surprised to know that China suzuki is still manufacting a variant of suzuki margallah(called suzuki lingyang), because suzuki has nothing new to offer in sedans so for just survival in market they sell these outdated models. Chinese market is so big that even flop cars sell.
    bro first correct your facts it was discontinued world wide in 2007 becoz it was "updated" in the name of SX4 and china is not producing it due to they have nothing to offer the thing your are saying about margalla the same scenario is in india as well maruti suzuki is also producing that car which is know as margallah in pak and every one knows how much competition india have in sedan category

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lotus View Post
    was Liana successful in India? can you tell me a single country where it can be labelled close to being an average seller?
    Liana was available as Aerio in USA and did well. J23 with 4WD was a Civic killer. Put on a supercharger and you got an evo teaser.

Your argument fails when you quote sales figures.

Mehran must be one hell of a car then eh?

Sent using Curiosity's onboard communications sytem.
    Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think agar koi baleno 2005 achi halat mai mil jaiye tu wo best hy what u says ....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

consumer rating of a badly flopped car
    Suzuki Liana Vs any other car in Rs 7 Lakh budget -1535560
    and so called world most selling sedan
    Suzuki Liana Vs any other car in Rs 7 Lakh budget -1535561

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i think in this budget u can get gud suzuki baleno 2005 jxr ..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Proverbial_Slang View Post
    Liana was available as Aerio in USA and did well. J23 with 4WD was a Civic killer. Put on a supercharger and you got an evo teaser.

bro to who you r arguing his he nothing but a big toyota fan I have seen his thread like "honda is for moneys" and "toyota is tough" etc etc these fan boys never learn I visit a thread sometime back OP created "quality issue of liana" becoz he saw a liana with misaligned emblem on daily bases I see many corolla with misaligned tail light and ppl have reported that this thing also exist in thai,dubai,Bangkok corolla but still I am waiting for a thread about "quality issue of corolla"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zainuh View Post
    Dear Members,

My budget is Rs. 7 lakh and I'm confused about choosing the car for myself. Suzuki Liana's interior fascinates me while it's resale and repute in market is not so good (no offenses to liana users). I can get 2005-2006 model in this budget. Another option is Honda City but I will get an older model (2002-2003) in this budget.

I'd appreciate if you guys suggest me the best.

Regards,
    Zain.
    The only decent option in this budget is AE101 corolla. Liana might have a better interior, but TBH it's a pack of problems to buy. AE101 is a sturdy car and has one of the cheapest maintenance options in the sedan class, But you won't face as many problems on it as you might face on a Liana or a 13 year old city, Infact a one time repair of not more than 10-12k after buying it, would make it good to go for another 50k with just oil and filter change.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ AE101 fever is high

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Proverbial_Slang View Post

Do you even know what J23 stands for? FYI the engine was a J series engine but it was never named as J23 instead it was called a 2.3 ltr J series engine, which means that it was a 2290cc engine introduced for Suzuki Aerio only and it's manufacturing stopped with the end of Aerio in US. You're an old member of this forum but Unfortunately you have not learned the decency of avoiding the comparison of different classes of engines. As far as I know, until 2012 civic, no engine over 2000cc was introduced in civic. And the Liana produced in Pakistan can not be compared with the US spec Aerio. The Liana sold in Pakistan came with a 1.3ltr m13a which is never a problem free engine if kept on CNG, And it's my personal experience as I've kept liana for 7 years and driven it for 94000 km.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ I bet your liana was equipped with after market cng

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muzamil_r0cKy View Post
    Do you even know what J23 stands for? FYI the engine was a J series engine but it was never named as J23 instead it was called a 2.3 ltr J series engine, which means that it was a 2290cc engine introduced for Suzuki Aerio only and it's manufacturing stopped with the end of Aerio in US. You're an old member of this forum but Unfortunately you have not learned the decency of avoiding the comparison of different classes of engines. As far as I know, until 2012 civic, no engine over 2000cc was introduced in civic. And the Liana produced in Pakistan can not be compared with the US spec Aerio. The Liana sold in Pakistan came with a 1.3ltr m13a which is never a problem free engine if kept on CNG, And it's my personal experience as I've kept liana for 7 years and driven it for 94000 km.
    do you even know that liana with complete m18 setup is a civic 8 gen killer while r18 produce 145hp and m18 produce only 123hp I don't know understand why are you on a mission "to destroy the reputation of liana" liana is well engineered car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    do you even know that liana with complete m18 setup is a civic 8 gen killer while r18 produce 145hp and m18 produce only 123hp I don't know understand why are you on a mission "to destroy the reputation of liana" liana is well engineered car
    I've not heard of a stock m18a Liana. And swaps are usually performance oriented, so I can understand that a swapped liana can beat a stock civic, But Not if the civic is upgraded performance wise.

And there is no reputation of Liana, You know it had many flaws when it was first introduced so you can't call it a well engineered car, Easy accessibility to different parts of the engine doesn't mean that it's going to perform well. Liana is the worst PKDM car ever produced and I don't care if you agree on it or not because I know that everyone knows this, even you. And I'm not so roguish to suggest someone to buy a flop car that has no more support available in the market, not from the manufacturer, nor aftermarket. 5 years and 75% liana would be standing in the garages of their respective owners.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ I bet your liana was equipped with after market cng
    FF liana RXI. the kit that plays that beep beep sound instead of the red light when CNG gets on reserve.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I kept liana on cng for 8 year nothing happened
    And you drove your car for 40000 km in 8 years, how the hell could it possibly face a problem? I've seen people drive their rx-8s more than that. I'm sure the guy is looking for a daily runner instead of a weekend ride. I sometimes feel that all you've taken your car out for is keeping the battery charged. We need some real owner reviews here, not a showroom dealer type person who had such a car standing in his garage in the search of a buyer.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro first correct your facts it was discontinued world wide in 2007 becoz it was "updated" in the name of SX4 and china is not producing it due to they have nothing to offer the thing your are saying about margalla the same scenario is in india as well maruti suzuki is also producing that car which is know as margallah in pak and every one knows how much competition india have in sedan category
    Bro you keep on providing wrong information, in another thread you stated that "Liana had more sales than city in some year in pakistan" when provided with facts you accepted you were wrong but in love of liana you can't stop fabricating more wrong information.
    I challenge your statement "margalla the same scenario is in india as well maruti suzuki is also producing that car". Here is official maruti suzuki website show me where is margallah ???? Latest Cars In India | Maruti New Car Models - Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL)
    Perhaps you don't know that it was discontinued there in 2007 and it was called suzuki esteem there....and replaced with suzuki swift dzire !!
    You perhaps also don't know that SX4 was launched in Japan in December 1, 2005 and internationallly in 2006 and Liana wasn't updated, it was replaced. Suzuki will never like to hear that name again. The names which are hit go on for generations like corolla, civic, beetle, Polo, etc etc..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

m18 na swift hardly keeps up with r18s, doesn't liana weigh more than swift?
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usman_arooq2 View Post
    m18 na swift hardly keeps up with r18s, doesn't liana weigh more than swift?
    there is apporx 150k kg difference in liana and swift weight and according to a drag racing formula a car need to loss apporx 230kg to get half second faster than same stock car so there is hardly a difference and about m18 r18 thingy I am pretty sure about it know a guy I did it many times

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I've not heard of a stock m18a Liana. And swaps are usually performance oriented, so I can understand that a swapped liana can beat a stock civic, But Not if the civic is upgraded performance wise.

And there is no reputation of Liana, You know it had many flaws when it was first introduced so you can't call it a well engineered car, Easy accessibility to different parts of the engine doesn't mean that it's going to perform well. Liana is the worst PKDM car ever produced and I don't care if you agree on it or not because I know that everyone knows this, even you. And I'm not so roguish to suggest someone to buy a flop car that has no more support available in the market, not from the manufacturer, nor aftermarket. 5 years and 75% liana would be standing in the garages of their respective owners.
    bro just tell me one thing which car you will rate reliable a car which need to go to 3s on 5 km on odo and got stolen becoz of no imobilizer or a car which didn't trouble and didn't require any maintenance till 64k on and I use to park it any where with a satisfaction that the car is safe due to imobilizer yea bro it the worst car if it make you happy but plz visit liana owner and fan club there are many satisfied owner of liana and who told you part are not available genuine and aftermarket both are available

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

FF liana RXI. the kit that plays that beep beep sound instead of the red light when CNG gets on reserve.
    that was the problem with your cng kit never ever use the cng till last light the cng is a bit oil and it stuck in cng injectors we never did it and it also mentioned in owner manual and I personally seen a liana missing badly on cng and 3s mechanic said to replace the ff cng with aftermarket one and then the problem was solved my reading owner manual it was written on it that to drain the oil with drain nut on cng kit mechanic are mechanic for a reason they are dumb if they were intelligent they would have been engineer and bro do you even know that at the time e2 engine was introduced in corolla the mechanics you to say that 4k was much more reliable you can ask any guy who bought ae80 brand new in 1984

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And you drove your car for 40000 km in 8 years, how the hell could it possibly face a problem? I've seen people drive their rx-8s more than that. I'm sure the guy is looking for a daily runner instead of a weekend ride. I sometimes feel that all you've taken your car out for is keeping the battery charged. We need some real owner reviews here, not a showroom dealer type person who had such a car standing in his garage in the search of a buyer.
    we drove liana till 64k km and yes it was hardly driven 10 km a week it was hardly driven on long route but we took it to isb two times

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

User Tag List