Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Civic 08, Accord CL7 or Mark II ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Civic 08, Accord CL7 or Mark II ?

Salam,

I need suggestion for choosing the BEST car from the following:

1) Honda Civic Reborn 2008
    Civic 08 Accord CL7 or Mark II ? -1480219

2) Honda Accord CL7 2003
    Civic 08 Accord CL7 or Mark II ? -1480224

3) Toyota Mark II Grande 2003
    Civic 08 Accord CL7 or Mark II ? -1480223

Reference pics from the Pakwheels For sale section.

Now come to the point, my budget is 1400k max, car i need is for family use, car will be used for a max of 10kms per day.
    So, i want to know what will be the best buy in this budget ?
    What are the fuel average of these cars ?
    Maintenance etc ? (what type of issues can arise ?)

My priorities:
    1) CL7
    2) Mark II
    3) Civic

Personally im interested in CL7 but i heard the maintenance is very high so i request from the experts and OWNERS to give their humble suggestions that what are the pros and cons of these 3.

Thanks in advance.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    If you want a trouble free car buy a cl8 swap a 2jz with supra transmission u would able to find parts eaislyit would be economical,powerful and comfortable
    that would be a pretty sad Accord !
    in a few days one will be able to buy 1JZ/2JZ engines from pan shops on every corner of your street

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by husnainkhan View Post
    Bro there is always a difference in probablity between a car that is known for being a bit sensitive than/amongst a newer or jdm car which MAY give some trouble. but Imo accord is a bit sensitive, I guess I was the craziest person in Karachi for Accord but then heard about its spares and that if it gets some critical issues then theres a chance that the mechanic can even ruin it up further, infact my friend owned one, he loved the comfort drive and all but in the end its engine got some issues to which he showed to good mechanic and cutting to short, he had to swap the engine if he had to keep the car further, engine ke sensors waghera sab ulta seedha hogaya tha, he ended up selling at 9.5 I guess (it was 9 something, my mind has it as 9.5) so since that time I dont recommend it to people unless somebody is buying from some friend or relative that is a car lover and has maintained it like his wife lol.
    A lot of friends/relatives had Accords and never heard of the car being "sensitive"
    what sort of serious issues did your friend faced ? his mechanic screwed up and in the end the same old story of bahi engine farigh hy dusra daldo we have been down this line alot in the past

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If not mentained brother, every car become sensitive all depends on drive and usage.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you want a trouble free car buy a cl8 swap a 2jz with supra transmission u would able to find parts eaislyit would be economical,powerful and comfortable
    Bhai serious ho kai suggestion dai rahay ho?
    No Signature because other steal it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by z0haib View Post
    Bhai serious ho kai suggestion dai rahay ho?
    yes I am serious

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usmanulamin View Post
    Fuel is not at all an issue, as i told, daily drive isnt much, 10kms average is equal to nothing, for out of city, if it gives 9-10km/ltr, it will be ok as we do not go out of town frequently, there's a visit to lahore once in a 2 month max, so fuel isnt a problem.

Rest, i am just afraid of the gear box and engine problems etc as i faced huge hole on the pocket when we had to change the Assembly and gear box of the eagle eye civic.
    accord if u find a clean piece else reborn for sure stay away from mark2
    btw eagle eye ki assembly 25k ki ha bro
    Haters dont really hate me they hate themselves because I am a reflection of what they wish to be.I be happy in front of my haters it kills them

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wondered why didn't any one mention bushes on accord. A 03 accord will require Many rubber parts to be changed and somehow the feel on 02/03 accord is of an old used car, it will rattle, shake, vibrate and not fell as tight, the seats, the dash board the gear knob the paddles all would have lost there luster, the paint would have lost its shine with definite touch ups. If you want to go for accord than go for 06 , or an exceptionally good car an accord below 14 just won't do.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Fahad.Ayub View Post
    A lot of friends/relatives had Accords and never heard of the car being "sensitive"
    what sort of serious issues did your friend faced ? his mechanic screwed up and in the end the same old story of bahi engine farigh hy dusra daldo we have been down this line alot in the past
    I dont know the engine went too weak although this happened before he showed it to mechanic. Also, the transmission of accord is very expensive to repair, and if mistakenly gets into the hands of some non expert mechanic, then one will feel as if his pocket has hole in it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Fahad.Ayub View Post
    that would be a pretty sad Accord !
    in a few days one will be able to buy 1JZ/2JZ engines from pan shops on every corner of your street

That is because these engines are old dinosaurs now and their cars have been scrapped off in most countries.

but - lol

accord with 1JZ - so the car would actually be L shaped.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by doc.tarzan View Post
    Wondered why didn't any one mention bushes on accord. A 03 accord will require Many rubber parts to be changed and somehow the feel on 02/03 accord is of an old used car, it will rattle, shake, vibrate and not fell as tight, the seats, the dash board the gear knob the paddles all would have lost there luster, the paint would have lost its shine with definite touch ups. If you want to go for accord than go for 06 , or an exceptionally good car an accord below 14 just won't do.

90% of Pakistani car owners believe that "bush" was a president of USA and the "bush" in your car are just parts that burn your wallet. - They will only change them with the cheapest part money can buy and only when the actual wheel falls off or the neighbor laughs at you.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    That is because these engines are old dinosaurs now and their cars have been scrapped off in most countries.

but - lol

I don't know abut 2jz but 1jz use to come with supra correct me If I am wrong so you r saying worldwide supra is being scrapped that why 1jz is available so easily but what about 2jz

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by doc.tarzan View Post
    what are bushes are they expensive to replace

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post

but - lol

I didn't understand the L shape part of the post

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what are bushes are they expensive to replace
    Bushes are the small rubber parts, and in found in many parts like in the fittings of suspensions, balancing rods, and in much much more.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And found in*

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I don't know abut 2jz but 1jz use to come with supra correct me If I am wrong so you r saying worldwide supra is being scrapped that why 1jz is available so easily but what about 2jz
    the last supras came with the turbo 2JZ engine, they have not been in production since ages and many many cars have been scrapped due to being total losses in accidents, Most countries are not allowing engine swaps in cars younger than 25 years which is also a problem for this.

the 2JZ - NA engines came in the toyota crowns, aristo, lexus GS etc etc. The 1JZ both NA and turbo were found in cressida/cresta/mark2/chaser - they have been out of production since decades now and also face the same fate - that is why there is a huge surplus of these engines in the scrap.

I didn't understand the L shape part of the post

the accord is a FWD car with transverse engine mount - meaning the engine front faces the right fender of the car, the 2JZ is a straight six made for RWD applications - if you place it and measure it - its entire length is about the whole engine room width of the accord - we also know you need a gearbox - so the only way to put that in is to make the car L shaped - with the engine sitting outside over the rightside fender and tire.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by husnainkhan View Post
    I dont know the engine went too weak although this happened before he showed it to mechanic. Also, the transmission of accord is very expensive to repair, and if mistakenly gets into the hands of some non expert mechanic, then one will feel as if his pocket has hole in it.
    your right but this can happen in any car can do that even my fathers crappy Terios kid
    Automatic transmission repair is pretty rare and expensive here in Pakistan so mekanik change the transmission and that is a gamble the problem is very few people care about changing ATF on time and when ever they do they use zic or any other xyz ATF secondly part venders are pretty dumb when i went to ask for my Corona's trans. filter most of them had no clue about what im talking about all of them said bhai kabli mileyga and most suggested i use zic gear ail because the original Toyota D-2 costs 700ish per liter

19. 26-09-2014, 11:46 AM

Senior PakWheeler

20. 26-09-2014, 11:59 AM

Senior PakWheeler

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sheryar View Post
    i gave u my opinion too if u remember ...

buy non abused car & pre well maintained ... then its on u .. how u drive and tc of it ..
    u drive reckless .. it will give u some mechanical part issue .. if u drive on high RPM .. more fuel ... etc

but regular maintenance is mostly for Oil, filters, brake pads & thats affordable by all.

Drive Some Luxury car ..
    I agree with you Sheryar bhai, the problem is, where to find the good condition Accord in 1400k ? I requested you to give me yours

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifaa View Post
    accord if u find a clean piece else reborn for sure stay away from mark2
    btw eagle eye ki assembly 25k ki ha bro
    Gas kit was changed thrice, roughly 10k expense per time, total 30k, radiator was changed, pipes, fan etc but the car still used to get heat up on high way, so finally took it to Honda Falcon, the mechanic was too good, he knew that the car's engine is in poor condition but he took it on the highway, accelerated the car on full RPM and the Assembly got dead, so finally the car was towed to lahore, assembly was changed, yeah it was something around 25-30k, now the heat up issue was gone and suddenly, the car stopped in the mid of the road, it was not able to move because the gearbox was gone now, again towed to the workshop and the gearbox was then replaced, which costed around 70k total, thats the complete summarized story

And, finally got rid off it at 890k some months back

I was bit interested to check the Mark II as well so went to check one car, the car was in extra mint condition, original 60k on the odo, full option car, total original condition, the car was as good as new BUT the owner was demanding 20 lakhs for it....

Then, went to check a CL7, the guy said the car is in very good condition, demanding 1675k, from the pictures, the car looked in very good condition but when i went to check the car, the outlook was good, had 18" Deep dish rims, Cat back, mugen Bumpers and much more BUT the interior was in the worst condition it could be, i could imagine how much time the car has spent in workshops, well, the owner offered to take a test drive, me and my brother went with him for a drive, lol, i guess mehran would have a better suspension, worst condition of an accord i have ever seen, not at all interested.

Still considering between the 3 cars, can anyone share some cons of the Reborn please ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhai itna mat socho..rebon civic lay lo aap. U will have piece of mind with the civic as its market car everything available easily enjoys better resale market ki gari hay. With the accord u will always fear of something going wrong and spending a lot on repairing it. Accord is better car but civic is also not a bad car to own and enjoy. My 2 cents. Decision is yourz.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Accord is a great car no doubt about that
    But civic reborn is really nice too
    You can get 10 / 10 condition Civic if you search properly
    But 95% of the accords are in a bad condition now and gives a really old feel the moment you open the door
    When I was choosing between these two in 2012 I went for 2010 used Reborn and it was the right decision
    Overall I think you should go for civic 2008/2009
    PREDATOR 11th Gen Corolla and RED MAMBA Reborn...
    Blast from the Past Sabre 9th gen Civic n Blue Max Reborn...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List