bought one RXI 2006 last november for 535k from a chartered accountant. it was 95k km driven, and was in 7/10 condition (means not in mint condition)...it is working fine. if i list down the works done in it, they are as follows:
1. gasket gone within two months - our fault as my dad ran the car with leaking radiator - cost was around 15k with whole work including ZIC ka dabba and some fluids change
2. axles were slipping - work costed 1500 rupees - done in Feb 2014
3. repairing of accelerator wire - as new one was not available at that moment - costed 500 rupees.
4. twice changing of air filter, oil changed in july 2014.
5. cng tuning i have started doing myself as all mechanics just play with two screws and charge 400.
6. currently, one injector is not getting full current from the emulator, which is causing some patakhas only on petrol startup. work estimate is 2500 rupees.
So, in short, i bought a Liana in NOT A MINT CONDITION and it has never let us down in anyway MASHALLAH.. the things i am enjoying are:
1. A japanese Suzuki car (assembled in Paki)
2. full power options - power steering, p.windows, cd player with 6 speakers
3. excellent interior (errrrr %$#@*%$ on cracked dashboard)...esp in night driving when it is illuminated in bright red (the meters, rpm etc)
3. immobilizer - i can park my car anywhere without fear
4. excellent ride, great space, non-tiring driving, extremely quiet when windows rolled up.
5. ac is beyond excellent!
6. powerful,pick is so awsome, we usually carry our whole family of 6, with luggage in the boot...and it never underperforms.
7. since ff cng cylinders, so the boot space is available over 80%.
8. spare parts of taiwan and china quality are available everywhere...(3s dealers are NOT worthy paying a visit for the purpose of spares and servicing as original part for any car are very expensive).
9. same M13 engine as in current Suzuki swift.
10.no tension of snatching, insurance etc. I myself work in an insurance company and the claims for Corollas/civics/citys are so high priced in terms of spares, servicing etc. corolla, city, hiroof, cultus and mehran are definitely to be insured or they are hot cakes for the robbers to steal away...means i am saving around 22000 in insurance premiums each year.
also, in karachi, i can see so so so many lianas on roads now...majorly all are of 2006/2007 models when this car sold alot...logon me aqal aai hai...i personally go for value for money..not after what is IN THE MARKET.
agree Liana itni buri nae hai Jitna logon ne famous kr dia hai......Though it lacks the feel and road grip present in city.....Secondly people dont like to buy a sedan with under suzuki brand name.....
but in used car its is hell cheap and a good option but spaer parts are hell costly..........