Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 82
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Car mechanic search for womens

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    maya3345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Thumbs up Car mechanic search for womens

    Salaam All,

    I have a suzuki baleno 2000 model. The issue is to find a mechanic where even my mother can drop the car or I can pick it up or drop it there. Being a girl I cant even think about going to normal mechanical shops. Can someone suggest me a shop in Karachi where women can go n solve their car issues. Please do let me know a suzuki specialist mechanic shop. And I cant afford showrooms or expensive mechanics. Is there any shop where we can go and they do a work which we can trust completely? Your suggestions are highly appreciated.

  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    autotranny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    208
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i guess 3s dealer shops would be better than other ones. find the most reputable 3s dealership around you and take the car there. That's probably the best option available to you.
    Mera dil hay car ka sheehsa
    too hay zalim "gullu butt"

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    muradi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    7,199
    Follows
    16
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    The most easy option for you will be to take your car to Suzuki 3S though they r expensive.
    The Second option would be to take help from any relative or neighbour who has knowledge about Cars as these mechanic r big thieves and looting women is very easy for them as they don't have much knowledge about engines.
    I can understand your problem as i myself have seen my mother face such problems when i was small and dealing with mechanics is not an easy job.
    What exactly is wrong with your car?
    Laws r Made to be Broken

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umarkhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Posts
    2,309
    Follows
    6
    Following
    8
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    seriously speaking there is no one in pakistan.all of them will say "yar larki ko kya pta thag lo jtna thagna ha".
    we as pakwheelers are ready to help you.what kind of problem you are facing?
    Just Do It Your Self!!!!!

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    maya3345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    The most easy option for you will be to take your car to Suzuki 3S though they r expensive.
    The Second option would be to take help from any relative or neighbour who has knowledge about Cars as these mechanic r big thieves and looting women is very easy for them as they don't have much knowledge about engines.
    I can understand your problem as i myself have seen my mother face such problems when i was small and dealing with mechanics is not an easy job.
    What exactly is wrong with your car?
    Yes, you are right but i just had a break issue, I was near to north nazimabad suzuki showroom so I dropped it there but they told me one of the break pad was missing and they will change the whole system n it will cost 15000 i got shocked n called my cousin n he picked it up from there n went to local shop. And surprisingly all that issue was solved in just 2500 rupees so now i will fear showrooms i cant afford it actually...but my cousin told me a month ago that your car has some excel work.... so i thought of posting here coz i know someday I will have to face some car issue....other than that car is working fine...but i hear a noise in car from the back side so i was just thinking its an alarm of something or may be....so i just want to find a good mechanic.

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    maya3345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    yes, you are right actually everyone will fool me .....but you know what, I think all mechanics usually fool us whenever they can...My idea is i know they will fool me but alteast itni had main k mera kaam b ban jae and expensive itna na ho jae k mere lye afford kerna mushkil ho jae. Like i replied earlier k north nazimabad wale showroom ne jo cheez mjhe 15000 ki batae wohi kaam mera baad main 2500 main ho gaya so thats tooo much difference. I am now thinking of having a part time driver, and should send my car to some suzuki good mehcanic. Please now guide me of a best suzuki mechanic in karachi. So my driver will reach there....thank you for all the replies

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    muradi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    7,199
    Follows
    16
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maya3345 View Post
    Yes, you are right but i just had a break issue, I was near to north nazimabad suzuki showroom so I dropped it there but they told me one of the break pad was missing and they will change the whole system n it will cost 15000 i got shocked n called my cousin n he picked it up from there n went to local shop. And surprisingly all that issue was solved in just 2500 rupees so now i will fear showrooms i cant afford it actually...but my cousin told me a month ago that your car has some excel work.... so i thought of posting here coz i know someday I will have to face some car issue....other than that car is working fine...but i hear a noise in car from the back side so i was just thinking its an alarm of something or may be....so i just want to find a good mechanic.
    Axle is related to turning, does it make a tuk tuk noise when turned full? and the rear it can be suspension,shocks. Yes it is true that that showroom guys r looters too, Finding a good mechanic isn't an easy task, you have to stand on there head for a perfect job.
    Laws r Made to be Broken

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    muradi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    7,199
    Follows
    16
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maya3345 View Post
    yes, you are right actually everyone will fool me .....but you know what, I think all mechanics usually fool us whenever they can...My idea is i know they will fool me but alteast itni had main k mera kaam b ban jae and expensive itna na ho jae k mere lye afford kerna mushkil ho jae. Like i replied earlier k north nazimabad wale showroom ne jo cheez mjhe 15000 ki batae wohi kaam mera baad main 2500 main ho gaya so thats tooo much difference. I am now thinking of having a part time driver, and should send my car to some suzuki good mehcanic. Please now guide me of a best suzuki mechanic in karachi. So my driver will reach there....thank you for all the replies
    You r true but woh kaam jo baney ga woh durable nhi hoga, for eg, a mechanic tells u the axles need to be changed, genuine costs 5000 rupees, u give him 5000 but he puts chinese Rs2000 ones, now the noise will vanish but it after a month or two u would be standing on the road without the wheel as the axle will break. , if u have a reliable driver send him to any mechanic and ask whats the problem, and whatever parts require replacement, tell the driver to get it from market and get the work done infront of the drivers eyes. as u r saying that u r facing noise from the rear it will be most probably related to Suspension @capsat might be able to help u as he once recommended me a guy Afzal i guess for my cars work and he is very famous here and honest too.
    capsat sir need your help here
    Laws r Made to be Broken

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hornblower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,746
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Which area?

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    husnainkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    83
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    The most easy option for you will be to take your car to Suzuki 3S though they r expensive.
    The Second option would be to take help from any relative or neighbour who has knowledge about Cars as these mechanic r big thieves and looting women is very easy for them as they don't have much knowledge about engines.
    I can understand your problem as i myself have seen my mother face such problems when i was small and dealing with mechanics is not an easy job.
    What exactly is wrong with your car?
    True indeed, @ poster, you can post up your car issues here on pw forum, we'll try our level best to guide you regarding your car issues and you can tell us the estimates that mechanic is giving you related to whatsoever issue and we'll confirm/verify you if he's being honest or lying to you.

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,592
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    such service providers charge premium price in addition to the parts & service charges, however work is done on priority knowing that the ' BAJI ki gari hai ' . if you are willing to accept the fact I can share the name & number. The guy is trust worthy since 15 years fixing vehicles of my family.

    suspension shop ONE & ONLY in Karachi - Abdul Hameed & Sons Afzal Bhai at Mama Parsi Girls School Saeed Manzil., 1st visit to have an assessment of job & time required plus an appointment time - 2nd visit to drop the vehicle, he can help deliver the car.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    farwabbas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i can truly understand your pain!
    " I am not a psychopath, I am a highly functioning sociopath, do your research!"- SH

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,592
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    it may not be out of context here -

    i'm Driving teacher to 19 girls of my family. youngest being my niece, she got her D/L in PK at age of 18 years 3 months solo driving to college very next day onwards no looking back now. She is specialising in Paeds - Blood diseases at a Medical school. The Eldest one my cousin sister now in DC & will be Granny in Feb 2015. -

    the very 1st lesson for ALL of them is to understand the instrument cluster, use of rear view mirror & use of indicator stalk, next was to check engine oil, washer fluid & loose plug cables, the best for them was to keep windshield squeeky clean.

    3rd & most important how to change a flat wheel. Yes How to change a flat wheel it may sound RAW towards girls but thats how I train them ALHAMDO Lillah all of them are self sufficient less 6 all are in Pakistan settled in metro cities. they have no handicap to challenge any mechanic or confront about the job done. They all have numbers for Tow services in case of a major break down they bring cars to home to be taken care of later.

    the very 1st concern for them is why the hell did it break down when maintenance is top notch. Their family coordinate with them as & when necessary.

    I mean no offence to any of female members ( drivers ) but if you ladies are handicap to handle car maintenance issues all on your own, dispose of your cars and use call-a-car_rent a car with driver. please try not to tell me what is conditions in Pakistan for women. The 13 of my "girls" all live in Pakistan and ma sha ALLAH very much self-sufficient about vehicles they drive. Their Husbands are sweet telling me ' ham sai achi driver hain aur us ki wajah aap hain '

    My home minister drives a car & maintain it herself - ( as i mentioned in my above post ) unless the boy calls me telling he is in tight corner.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,592
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    [ will accept all flames & hate from ladies reading above post ] -

    I will not reply at all to any rolling pins, shoes, snadals, chapals, hot oil, black hard bread, burned toasts etc etc. thrown at me

    Good Luck to me !
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,400
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    my mother is a regular Pakistani lady, and I saw her changing tires on our cars when we were kids. My sister drives and can also change tires.

    the one thing that helps them is a long breaker bar for leverage, some gloves to keep the hands clean and a note telling which way to loosen and tighten (usually plastic laminated)
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hornblower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,746
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Healthy thread

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    Haris.K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    207
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Regardless of your gender, mechanics always try to rip us off. The best solution I can suggest is posting up your issue here so you would know what is wrong with your car and how much should it cost to be fixed.

    Another thing you can do is that mostly people know trustworthy mechanics, so if anyone here would like to sincerely help, they can ask their own known mechanics to be fair and provide you the service for a reasonable price and you can visit that particular mechanic, more like reference.

    Cheers.

  18. #18
    PakWheeler Follow
    maya3345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hornblower View Post
    Which area?
    North Nazimabad

  19. #19
    PakWheeler Follow
    maya3345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    Axle is related to turning, does it make a tuk tuk noise when turned full? and the rear it can be suspension,shocks. Yes it is true that that showroom guys r looters too, Finding a good mechanic isn't an easy task, you have to stand on there head for a perfect job.
    Yes, there is a tuk tuk noise when i turn the one which was coming from back was coz of the bearing, my cousin just got it fixed. So its just the front noise which as per you is definitely for excel

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    maya3345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    You r true but woh kaam jo baney ga woh durable nhi hoga, for eg, a mechanic tells u the axles need to be changed, genuine costs 5000 rupees, u give him 5000 but he puts chinese Rs2000 ones, now the noise will vanish but it after a month or two u would be standing on the road without the wheel as the axle will break. , if u have a reliable driver send him to any mechanic and ask whats the problem, and whatever parts require replacement, tell the driver to get it from market and get the work done infront of the drivers eyes. as u r saying that u r facing noise from the rear it will be most probably related to Suspension @capsat might be able to help u as he once recommended me a guy Afzal i guess for my cars work and he is very famous here and honest too.
    capsat sir need your help here
    Yes, good suggestion, I will keep in mind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •