2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ZainMahdi View Post
    The average would certainly have been better if it was around 3000 rpm or less. Noise levels of the engine would also have been helped. Most importantly, there would be less wear and tear on the engine in the long run.
    As for overtaking other cars, it is a much more satisfying feeling to rev match and downshift, wouldn't you say? If someone doesn't want to shift gears, why not buy an auto instead?

I agree that the noise level in the cabin would reduce but i think there is a reason as to why the manufacturer installed a 5-speed gear box with such ratios. Maybe at 3000 rpm, the engine can't maintain 120 or maybe it starts knocking if you try increasing the speed. After all its a 1300 cc engine. If you consider the civic, it maintains 120 km/h at 2400 rpm. Now that's low, there's less noise, yes? but still it hardly manages 14 or 15 km/l. get my point? gearing is done according to engine power output so you cant say the 5th gear in these 1300 cc economy cars is useless.

Yes it is more satisfying to shift down and then accelerate but you don't always feel like doing that. Plus wouldn't you feel better if your car responded instantly to your need of power instead of asking for a lower gear because it doesn't have the power to increase the speed in top gear while travelling at 120?
    Powered by Honda..R18 Boys

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The engine can certainly maintain 120 km/h at less than 3000 rpm; the auto version of the car proves that. No car that I have driven knocks at 3000 rpm with full throttle; that includes a carby Cultus.
    The comparison to a Civic is interesting, but not applicable, since you have to factor in the bigger displacement of a Civic's engine.
    As for the throttle response, you have a point there. That would not be compromised with a longer ratios, though. A driver who wanted instant throttle response could simply stay in 4th around 4000 rpm without ever shifting into 5th; a driver who just wants to relax in a cruise would benefit from the longer top gear. It would be a win win. Unfortunately, given Honda's history these past few years, we won't be getting a tall manual any time soon. It makes sense for them to put short gears in an S2K, but certainly not for a work horse like a City.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My suggestion: Wait a bit, save some more money and buy GLI or else go for Aspire 1.5.
    Tum karo to tumara HAQ!
    Hum karay to What The F F Fish?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The engine can certainly maintain 120 km/h at less than 3000 rpm; the auto version of the car proves that. No car that I have driven knocks at 3000 rpm with full throttle; that includes a carby Cultus.
    The comparison to a Civic is interesting, but not applicable, since you have to factor in the bigger displacement of a Civic's engine.
    As for the throttle response, you have a point there. That would not be compromised with a longer ratios, though. A driver who wanted instant throttle response could simply stay in 4th around 4000 rpm without ever shifting into 5th; a driver who just wants to relax in a cruise would benefit from the longer top gear. It would be a win win. Unfortunately, given Honda's history these past few years, we won't be getting a tall manual any time soon. It makes sense for them to put short gears in an S2K, but certainly not for a work horse like a City.

Which auto version? Prosmatec or the 4 speed auto? Other than that ive found something interesting im sure would be useful to all PW members. According to the link below, the 5-speed manual tranny that we get in the city is for the honda fit RS version. Short gear ratios which makes the car fun to drive.

Honda L-Series SOHC i-VTEC Engines for the new GD Honda Fit/Jazz

Scroll down to the end of the page and see the 5 MT paragraph.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In my opinion shorter gears are better for response.I have a reborn manual and you have shift very often to get decent torque from engine because gears are long

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    In my opinion shorter gears are better for response.I have a reborn manual and you have shift very often to get decent torque from engine because gears are long

i suggest you get your car checked. civic is not short on power. If anything, it has the most powerful engine in the local market. either get your car checked or try a different driving style.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ car is perfectly fine.It just needs high rpms for great power.looks like r18 is made for high end torque

Aunda Fan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

all the people are comparing the car with engine performance and milage.But what matters is how it goes on the road.the city current model is the worst car ever from honda.Built quality is rubbish,you pay1.5 million or more and what you get metal so thin a mehran looks weel built and solid in front of it.The only thing good is the shape no doubt excellent looking car.aND THE WORST BIT IS DRIVING IT SUSPENSION IS LIKE ITS MADE FROM WOOD.IT MULTIPLIES THE SHOCK.ride height is so low even with only 1 person onboard no matter how carefully you drive you are going to catch every speed bump.you are going to ruin your front bumper and bottom pillers.I own 1 and regret it.I have driven a 2011 gli alot and its much better than the city of mine.Excellent on roads smooth great interior absorbs bumps very nicely.I would suggest go for the gli its far better than the city.City only looks good when parked inside the showroom behind glass.On the road dreadfull.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if u want a new shape car then go for corolla but if u want value of money, pleasurable drive and extra features then go for city!
    abra-ca-dab-ra........!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Every one so far have given their openion and i agree with 90% of the population here...However having owned both these cars, undoubtedly city is by far the best option....it has much more advantages over the pethatic xli....the only drawback i saw in city was its comfort level...even if u change the tyres (it does improve it) but just a little bit....other than that city is a car with amazing torque, excellent fuel economy. It is loaded with abs, power windows and power locks etc....xli is simply useless....the only reason i think people buy the xli is that they dont have enough money to afford altis (the only corolla worth buying) and that they want to show off with their new car and claim to be in that corolla group
    so
    1) You shouldn't buy xli at any condition.
    2) City 1.3 vs gli any one u like (both have almost equal pro's and cons)
    3) City 1.5 aspire way better than xli or gli.
    P.S when i had the city i-vtec i went upto 200km/h on the motorway and it was very stable, it didn't go any faster though but still, touching 200 for just a 1.3L engine is a huge deal with 4 passengers. The corolla on the other hand starts loosing grip above 150 and cant imagine going above 170km/h. Just thought i'd let u know about their engines actual performance rather than some numbers on a paper.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All depends on the usage - Thumb rule is that if you are a city/ urban dweller then almost always go for Hondas. But if you are mainly a rural/small city area dweller then go for Corolla. Enjoying all new City, Civic and Corolla I can for certain claim that Honda is basically an overall better driving experience, more sporty and performance inclined vehicles with better seat comfort and technology. On the other hand, Toyotas Corolla offers better / softer suspensions and steering, roomier cabin and the road clearance is important for driving in broken roads/rural areas and climbing into car porches in narrow mohallas streets etc. I am myself a Civic driver , but whenever I drive out of Lahore and into the rural areas of smaller cities I always sense why Corolla is and will remain the first choice.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

City is the best car on papers and in forum discussions. U can't beat it here.
    While Gli is the best on the road. And no one can beat it there.
    ?Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abdullah1913 View Post
    City is a better car then XLI/GLI because of the following 15 points which i have compiled from different pak wheels member posts:-

(1) Honda I-vtec engine is highly efficient and gives a fuel average of 17/18 Kmpl whereas the all new generation corolla has got bulkier and the weight has increased, and IMC has still not changed the engine.....world over the 11th generation corolla doesnt have this engine.....previously the indus corolla was giving 13/14 kmpl and now u can well imagine the fuel economy with the weight increase.

(2) Honda Basic 1.3 L is exactly 124,000 cheaper then the Basic XLI.

(3) Honda has ABS and XLI doesn't have ABS.

(4) Honda has power windows and XLI doesn't have power windows.

(5) Honda has key less entry and XLI/GLI doesn't have that.

(6) City Aspire 1.3 has Navigation unit whereas XLI/GLI don't

(7) City Aspire 1.3 has rear camera whereas XLI/GLI don't

(8) City Aspire 1.3 has Alloy rims, where as XLI/GLI don't

(9) City has power locks whereas XLI doesn't

(10) City Aspire 1.3 has leather interior whereas XLI/GLI don't

(11) City Aspire 1.3 has fog lamps whereas XLI/GLI don't

(12) City has rear armrest with cup-holder whereas XLI doesn't

(13) City Aspire 1.3 has 4 speakers whereas XLI doesn't

(14) City has ECO light indication wheras XLI doesn't

(15) Additionally the 1.3L honda basic car which is PKR 124,000 cheaper then TEEN DABBA...COFFIN ON WHEELS XLI...has just now been given a new look(Evolved HONDA City) on 16 October,2014 by Atlas Honda with the new front and rear bumpers, chromed front grill, blue odo meter, new audio system, side indicators, mud flaps, high mount stop lamp,arm rest with cup holders,keyless entry, rear reflectors and that too without increase of a single rupee price!
    well i have booked a basic (PKR 1,508,000) city 1.3L [with multimedia & navigation with back camera (PKR 50,500)+fog lamps(PKR 6,000) + rear 2 speakers(PKR 4,000)]and would get it soon inshaALLAH.........and now its fully loaded and still its much cheaper then the basic XLI. The total car cost would be as follows:-

Basic Honda 1.3L Car..........................PKR 1,508,000
    Multimedia & Nav(Factory Fitted)...........PKR 50,500
    Fog Lights (Factory Fitted)....................PKR 6,000
    Rear Speakers(Factory Fitted)...............PKR 4,000
    Transportation Charges........................PKR 12,000
    Withholding Tax For Non Filer................PKR 40,000
    Registration Charges(Isb Approx).......... PKR 45,000
    My Total Car Cost...........................PKR 1,665,500

Now Coming Over to the Very Basic XLI with Nothing At All

Basic Indus Corolla XLI 1.3.................PKR 1,624,500
    Witholding for Non Filer.....................PKR 40,000
    Transportation Cost.......................... PKR 20,000
    Registration Charges.........................PKR 45,000
    Total Cost of XLI..............................PKR 1,729,500

The features i have already compared in my previous post.......rest is your decision............

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abdullah1913 View Post
    well i have booked a basic (PKR 1,508,000) city 1.3L [with multimedia & navigation with back camera (PKR 50,500)+fog lamps(PKR 6,000) + rear 2 speakers(PKR 4,000)]and would get it soon inshaALLAH.........and now its fully loaded and still its much cheaper then the basic XLI. The total car cost would be as follows:-

Basic Honda 1.3L Car..........................PKR 1,508,000
    Multimedia & Nav(Factory Fitted)...........PKR 50,500
    Fog Lights (Factory Fitted)....................PKR 6,000
    Rear Speakers(Factory Fitted)...............PKR 4,000
    Transportation Charges........................PKR 12,000
    Withholding Tax For Non Filer................PKR 40,000
    Registration Charges(Isb Approx).......... PKR 45,000
    My Total Car Cost...........................PKR 1,665,500

Now Coming Over to the Very Basic XLI with Nothing At All

Basic Indus Corolla XLI 1.3.................PKR 1,624,500
    Witholding for Non Filer.....................PKR 40,000
    Transportation Cost.......................... PKR 20,000
    Registration Charges.........................PKR 45,000
    Total Cost of XLI..............................PKR 1,729,500

The features i have already compared in my previous post.......rest is your decision............
    Plz elaborate the drive of both cars and behavior of both in the road. 😃😃
    PS: I'm a Honda fan. Keep 1.3 city in 2012. And have 1.5 PT since 2013 and just got 1.5 MT this Friday.
    But I think Gli is the best now.
    ?Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I hear people keep mentioning that Corollas are very comfortable. I have sat in two Xli's on the rear seats in my life. The first thing I noticed that they were surprisingly hard and stiff; more so than a 7th gen Civic seats. In the first instance, the journey was from Islamabad to Khanpur, and back. I grew tired fairly quickly. Do Xli's have lower quality rear seats than Altis, or do all variants have hard back seats? I have never sat in a GLi or Altis.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default xli aka coffin on the wheels

Instead of buying an xli better buy a mehran or cultas coz there is no point building your mussles sliding your windows especially after spending over 1.5 million rupees. There is a competition between gli and city though and I think for city use Honda city is best option. But for of road drivers gLi is better for its toughness and suspension.
    By the way I love the renaming of xli to "coffin on the wheels" earlier it called "death capsule"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Why would anyone buy a 3-cylinder car with such a bulky body? Yes I am referring to Corolla 1.3 (GLI/XLI). Here is a comparison from Pakwheels new cars comparison section.

Power(PS@rpm) | City: 120 (88) @ 6600 | Corolla: 82/ 6000
    Torque(Nm@rpm) | City: 145 (14.8) @ 4800 | Corolla: 121/ 4400

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I hear people keep mentioning that Corollas are very comfortable. I have sat in two Xli's on the rear seats in my life. The first thing I noticed that they were surprisingly hard and stiff; more so than a 7th gen Civic seats. In the first instance, the journey was from Islamabad to Khanpur, and back. I grew tired fairly quickly. Do Xli's have lower quality rear seats than Altis, or do all variants have hard back seats? I have never sat in a GLi or Altis.
    Exactly my point. Who says having a softer suspension makes it comfortable. Yes, it contributes to some of the comfort but having a decent seats and overall design is also a part of comfort.

I have an experience of owning a corolla 1.6 auto 2014 (earlier shape) and City Aspire 1.5 2014 (non facelifted one) in parallel and have found City to be much better in terms of drive and comfort. On the long route, you get tired in a corolla easily as compared to city. Howver, City will show its 'auqaat' when u have a bumpier road.

Also the gear ratios are kind of weird and I believe there could have been a sixth gear in 1.5 to compromise the RPM and Engine Noise.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Surprising how the OP started this thread and is now nowhere to be seen? Only one post and that is this thread. And here we are giving our opinions and opposing others for no apparent reason.