Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Beetle

Hello Guys
    I am searching to buy a Bettle and fully restore it last night i found a car 67 model and i am thinking to buy that but before i want some fellow pakwheeler to help me how much would it approximately cost me to restore it

-vehicle engine is in good condition and demands no work
    -car is without its bumpers so need both front and back bumper
    -complete body needs repaint
    -seats needs to be poshishes and i want them black and all matting to be done roof etc

I heard people switching cluches gears of car to make it drive comfortable what can be done and how much will it cost

Thank you in advance

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No ome is willing to help??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bump

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by syedrafayali View Post
    Hello Guys
    I am searching to buy a Bettle and fully restore it last night i found a car 67 model and i am thinking to buy that but before i want some fellow pakwheeler to help me how much would it approximately cost me to restore it

-vehicle engine is in good condition and demands no work
    -car is without its bumpers so need both front and back bumper
    -complete body needs repaint
    -seats needs to be poshishes and i want them black and all matting to be done roof etc

I heard people switching cluches gears of car to make it drive comfortable what can be done and how much will it cost

Thank you in advance

You have to check a lot of things before buying a Beetle. Especially the frame, bulkhead, frame mounting areas, engine, transmission etc.

The list of things you are inquiring about are minor, which can be easily done. Parts are widely available, lots of Beetle have been and are being restored. But sealing a deal without having a critical inspection of the vehicle is putting money down the drain.

What engine does it have? A 1200 economy? 1300? 1300 dual-port? 1500? 1600? 1600 dual-port? Is it an original 1967 model. 1967 models had a lot of parts that were only for that specific year.

For further details and questions, I would suggest you to go over to the VWCOP (Volkswagen Club of Pakistan) thread in the following link where experts on Beetle's will be able to guide you accordingly.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/whe...stan-vwcop-469
    - '06 Toyota Belta 1.0L X - '68 VW Beetle 1300 DP - '89 Nissan B12 E16

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The bumpers are not easy to find. We get decent quality locally manufactured bumpers in Karachi. They cost around 20 thousand a pair. Maybe less.

When you say the car needs repaint, its not just that. There's rust all over which needs to be handled. Expect around 60 thousand at least for the complete body work.

Interior work usually costs around 15 to 20 thousand depending on what materials are used and how damaged the seats are.

When you've gone through all this trouble, you would need to put in new wiring. That should cost around 10 thousand if regular quality parts used. After that, when you're going to put the car together again, you would need to replace many parts which include new window seals, fender beading, bumper grommets, etc. Now you would also be required to put in all the parts that are missing which might include the entire chrome trim that runs around the car, dash board parts, emblems, and many other little things. Costs for these things vary according to each car. But keep around 50 thousand for all this. Parts that are not found can be imported which will raise the cost considerably. If you need new tires, that's another 20 thousand.

Keeping costs at the minimum, you need at least 2 lacs to do the job the right way and to put together a decent looking car.

I have not heard of anyone switching gearboxes looking for comfort. The beetle is one of the most comfortable cars. People who find it problematic and uncomfortable should blame themselves for the hack job they did on the car. You should also refrain from any local jugaars or modifications because that's a guaranteed headache. Feel free to post any queries here or the VWCOP thread. Do post pictures of the project.
    But the question is, will it do a burnout?

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List