Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Car suggestion 1.0m Budget(Daily Driver)

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali_dkz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    48
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Car suggestion 1.0m Budget(Daily Driver)

    Hello,

    Guys in dire needs of your help here. I have shortlisted a few car but can't seem to choose between the three. I was thinking you people might elaborate on the benefits associated to each car. The car will be driven mostly within the city.

    My requirements/useage of car:

    1. Daily Driver for groceries/school drivern (approx 50km daily).
    2. Must not have excessive mechincal problems/expensive maintaince costs.
    3. Good fuel economy.

    Car in my list so far:

    1. Swift Pkdm(2011/2012 model dx)
    2. Wagron R Pkdm(new).
    3. Suzuki alto Jdm(2011/2012).


    Any help from you guys would be much appreciated. Please post actual results/info & not something you have heard from someone. Cause i'll be basing my decision on your suggestions.


    Thank you in advance for your feedback.


  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    juventus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    25
    Posts
    253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    contact jdm imports on facebook ... and get a genuine alto ... it will serve you well in all aspects
    you will save alot on fuel plus it is comfortable and jdm is way ahead of pkdm if it is genuine ..

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    babarhyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,956
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Mein Heraan is best with great fuel economy and very low maintenance costs. Go for euro-II version. Keep the remaining account in savings. And buy sedan when you have enough money to spare.

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali_dkz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    48
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juventus View Post
    contact jdm imports on facebook ... and get a genuine alto ... it will serve you well in all aspects
    you will save alot on fuel plus it is comfortable and jdm is way ahead of pkdm if it is genuine ..
    I actually have a relative who is into the import business. He'll be able to get me a genuine car. That is not issue, just need an option b/w the three.

    Personally i think the jap alto looks hideous though( egg shaped :/ ), thank you for your input.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali_dkz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    48
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babarhyd View Post
    Mein Heraan is best with great fuel economy and very low maintenance costs. Go for euro-II version. Keep the remaining account in savings. And buy sedan when you have enough money to spare.
    I already have a 2010 model civic. As mentioned earlier looking for a daily driver for my brother school pick up etc.

    As the civic isn't home, my dad takes it to the office.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    juventus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    25
    Posts
    253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ali_dkz View Post
    I actually have a relative who is into the import business. He'll be able to get me a genuine car. That is not issue, just need an option b/w the three.

    Personally i think the jap alto looks hideous though( egg shaped :/ ), thank you for your input.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    if u dont need it for family purposes as u already have the other car then wagon R should be excluded from the list ... then if u want fuel economy plus comfort and all the goodies then go for alto and if u want looks plus power go for swift...

    personally i will go for alto because of fuel economy and safety features

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali_dkz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    48
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juventus View Post
    if u dont need it for family purposes as u already have the other car then wagon R should be excluded from the list ... then if u want fuel economy plus comfort and all the goodies then go for alto and if u want looks plus power go for swift...

    personally i will go for alto because of fuel economy and safety features
    Makes sense, any chance you have info about fuel avg of both swift & alto?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    juventus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    25
    Posts
    253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ali_dkz View Post
    Makes sense, any chance you have info about fuel avg of both swift & alto?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    we recently have nissan moco(660cc) ... it is giving almost 20km\l on highway on gt road between isl and lhr and 15km\l in city with ac... so alto should do the same

    and dont have the experience of swift myself ... but people are getting 10-11km\l with ac in city with swift ...

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali_dkz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    48
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juventus View Post
    we recently have nissan moco(660cc) ... it is giving almost 20km\l on highway on gt road between isl and lhr and 15km\l in city with ac... so alto should do the same

    and dont have the experience of swift myself ... but people are getting 10-11km\l with ac in city with swift ...
    Thank you for the valuable info


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    bradpit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,064
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ali_dkz View Post
    Hello,

    Guys in dire needs of your help here. I have shortlisted a few car but can't seem to choose between the three. I was thinking you people might elaborate on the benefits associated to each car. The car will be driven mostly within the city.

    My requirements/useage of car:

    1. Daily Driver for groceries/school drivern (approx 50km daily).
    2. Must not have excessive mechincal problems/expensive maintaince costs.
    3. Good fuel economy.

    Car in my list so far:

    1. Swift Pkdm(2011/2012 model dx)
    2. Wagron R Pkdm(new).
    3. Suzuki alto Jdm(2011/2012).


    Any help from you guys would be much appreciated. Please post actual results/info & not something you have heard from someone. Cause i'll be basing my decision on your suggestions.


    Thank you in advance for your feedback.
    Bro Wagon R is best for u
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    muradi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    7,199
    Follows
    16
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    After keeping all the above cars u mentioned except Wagon R which i know is crap, and looking at your requirements i would suggest u to go for Eyes Closed, Swift is best but a little heavy on fuel,
    Laws r Made to be Broken

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali_dkz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    48
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bradpit View Post
    Bro Wagon R is best for u
    Ok thank you.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali_dkz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    48
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    After keeping all the above cars u mentioned except Wagon R which i know is crap, and looking at your requirements i would suggest u to go for Eyes Closed, Swift is best but a little heavy on fuel,
    I too am much inclined towards towards swift. However must not be heavy on fuel.
    My driver has a very heavy foot, n swift is gonna drink petrol. Any chance you can give me the fuel avg for swift?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    muradi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    7,199
    Follows
    16
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ali_dkz View Post
    I too am much inclined towards towards swift. However must not be heavy on fuel.
    My driver has a very heavy foot, n swift is gonna drink petrol. Any chance you can give me the fuel avg for swift?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    If ur driver is a heavy driver then never go for a Swift, Swift has a beast under the hood and the drive,grip and handling gives the temptation of flooring it badly, u simply can't drive a Swift slowly, the car is awesome in all aspects but when u floor it, the avg drops to 6-8km/l and if driven like a human being with easy foot and slow driving with shifting under 2.5k rpm and using the highest possible gear, u may be able to achieve 12-13km/l.
    Alto is better on the fuel economy part else Swift is better than it in all aspects
    Laws r Made to be Broken

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali_dkz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    48
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    If ur driver is a heavy driver then never go for a Swift, Swift has a beast under the hood and the drive,grip and handling gives the temptation of flooring it badly, u simply can't drive a Swift slowly, the car is awesome in all aspects but when u floor it, the avg drops to 6-8km/l and if driven like a human being with easy foot and slow driving with shifting under 2.5k rpm and using the highest possible gear, u may be able to achieve 12-13km/l.
    Alto is better on the fuel economy part else Swift is better than it in all aspects
    Agreed swift is the best hatchback in manufactured in Pk. I know the temptation is hard to resist, i kinda of floor my civic most of the time i have it

    Also considering the vitz 1.0


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    muradi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    7,199
    Follows
    16
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ali_dkz View Post
    Agreed swift is the best hatchback in manufactured in Pk. I know the temptation is hard to resist, i kinda of floor my civic most of the time i have it

    Also considering the vitz 1.0


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thats the fun of being young
    Vitz is a good car but too underpowered
    Laws r Made to be Broken

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali_dkz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    48
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    Thats the fun of being young
    Vitz is a good car but too underpowered
    Yeah i have heard so too the 1.3 variant is fine. Thanks for the detailed response though


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    adil5855's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,651
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    WagonR Would be good or Vitz, Swift Fuel Economy is not Good!

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    huzaifa.haroon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    5,001
    Follows
    10
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Daihatsu move 2011 or above , i also have a move up for sale you can check that car
    Always respect your parents

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali_dkz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    48
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adil5855 View Post
    WagonR Would be good or Vitz, Swift Fuel Economy is not Good!
    Considering vitz at the moment. As it is balance b/w all the things that i need.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •