Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hondaFanatic

Thread: New Honda city or old Xli (compromise on what ???)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default New Honda city or old Xli (compromise on what ???)

Hi guys . I was little confused and want to discuss so to get wiser decision
    I will tell you about both vehicles and compromises which iam making respectively one by one.Here goes the story....lolz
    Honda City

First i can buy Honda city with 3 years leasing by paying 60 percent down payment and then 24 K monthly.In this case i will be stretched for 03 years and cannot enjoy my ride openly .Secondly, i live in hilly area so i don't find city much comfortable and rugged car (may be i am wrong).Also i have to drive on petrol .The positive aspect is that my ride will be zero meter and no maintenance require.Also GOD forbids in case of any accident my ride will insured
    Corolla Xli/ Gli
    Second option may be i can get Xli / Gli( 2009 ~ 2011) in range of 1.3 M .For that i have to manage for year. Xli and gli seems to be more comfortable and rugged then City and i can used it little roughly (I MAY BE WRONG AGAIN).Also i can use it on CNG. But compromise is that it will be used car and i dont know how much effort and money it will take for 3 to 4 years old car to be maintained.

Now iam confused to go for which option .My concerns as fallows
    1. Value of money
    2. Ride more suitable to me ( hilly area sometimes)
    3. Money versus comfort
    4. Technical aspects ( already studied all consult forums in pakwheels but didn't find anything particular to me)

Your suggestion in this regards will be appreciated especially logical ones ......Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lets keep XLI out of the question. Its not worth the money.

GLI and CITY. You must understand the main difference between these 2 cars. City is for drivers and Corolla is for riders (as per our local standards in a specific category). How you may ask?

City:
    Smaller so more agile
    More power so good acceleration
    Despite the eps, better control

Corolla:
    Softer suspension so more comfortable
    Better noise dampening so slightly but nonetheless quieter cabin

this is my opinion and my findings.

Coming to your concerns
    1- Value for money = City (New and more features come as standard)
    2- Ride suitable to you = Hilly areas dont matter if the road is paved and smooth. City will be fun to drive. If you're not that fond of driving pleasure, you can choose either. If roads are bumpy with dips and holes, Corolla will offer a smoother ride and a dull drive. Vice versa for the City.
    3- Money vs Comfort = depends on what kind of comfort you are referring to. Ride comfort? Mental Comfort? if you could kindly elaborate this concern of yours, ill be better able to give my suggestion/opinion
    4- Technically speaking, both cars are similar in terms of suspension design. Power wise, City is much superior and same is the story with fuel consumption. If its reliability then thats similar too. Reliability majorly depends on the user and his/her care towards the car. Just to give you an example, I have a 2000 model city exis, 152k km on the odo, 14 years old. I still get 13-14 km/l in city with ac if driven carefully and 0-100 is under 11 sec. I take care of the car and it never bothers me. For me its as reliable as a car can get.

Personally i would choose city if i were in your position because its better to drive and offers better mileage plus it'll be new.

best of luck for your purchase. Please take my reply as a suggestion and not the hard reality
    Powered by Honda..R18 Boys

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It was very logical reply .....Thanks for it

Okay let me put straight keeping all the things at side
    Is there any comparison of new city versus Corolla Gli ( old shape i.e 2009 ~ 2011)

and second yeah road is bumpy but i would be facing when iam going to village ( may be 2 days in week ) ........ So will City suffice the pain of bad roads for 02 days ?????

For comfort , my priority as
    Mental comfort then ride comfort

(personally after reading your post i am little prone towards city )

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Corolla will be good...city is not comfortable.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if theft isn't the issue for you then Corolla will be a better buy for you..... it is comfortable plus durable ....and a great value for money .. otherwise city will be a wise choice ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asfnd.awan View Post
    It was very logical reply .....Thanks for it

Okay let me put straight keeping all the things at side
    Is there any comparison of new city versus Corolla Gli ( old shape i.e 2009 ~ 2011)

and second yeah road is bumpy but i would be facing when iam going to village ( may be 2 days in week ) ........ So will City suffice the pain of bad roads for 02 days ?????

For comfort , my priority as
    Mental comfort then ride comfort

(personally after reading your post i am little prone towards city )

Yes they are comparable. Each car wins over the other in certain aspects. Overall they're the same, it's just a matter of what appeals to the buyer.

yes city can cope with bumpy roads but not better than corolla. Corolla will be smoother on bumpy roads.

Corolla will offer you the ride comfort but since it will be used, you wont know the history of the car(stolen, accident, used in some crime), you wont know how it was used and you wont know if the car will be in your garage when you wake up in the morning. If you were going for a new corolla, then theft would've been the only issue.

City although isn't theft proof, it is less prone to being stolen since it's not a hot cake among the thieves. New car so all the mental peace in terms of reliability etc.

You will be worried about scratching your car on the road so that will be a mental discomfort but that's valid for both cars since they'll be new to you and you'll be buying them from your hard earned money.