Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By mobe1
  • 1 Post By Titanium
  • 1 Post By IsbCap
  • 1 Post By Arib

Thread: Isb to Rajanpur, which route to take?

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    IsbCap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Isb to Rajanpur, which route to take?

    Have to move to Rajanpur this or coming weekend. Which route would be best:

    1. Isb-Chakwal-DI Khan-Bhakkar-DG Khan-Rajanpur (698 KM)
    2. Isb-Faisalabad-Khanewal-Multan-DG Khan-Rajanpur (767 KM)

    Need info specifically about the road condition of first option. Is it two way or one way road?


    Would appreciate opinions from members who have recently traveled to this area...

    Isb to Rajanpur which route to take? -1501502

  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    mobe1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Multan
    Posts
    28
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    If u r moving early in morning then option is better. U ll exit from balkser to chasma. From there u ll go to di khan. Then its straight 360 km indus highway. Its a single road from balkser...

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    Titanium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Dera ismail khan
    Age
    42
    Posts
    513
    Follows
    1
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Islamabad to Rajanpur

    Road conditions on your first route
    Isb to Balkassar - Motorway
    Balkassar to Mianwali - Single but fine and wide enough less the Musakhel-Mianwali section which is broken with potholes
    Mianwali to kundian more - Broken and under construction with diversions intial about 7 kms, later fine
    Kundian more to chashma - Single, narrow with potholes
    Chashma to DI Khan - Under construction with frequent diversions
    DI Khan to DG Khan - Partly fine but mostly broken due to heavy traffic
    DG Khan to Rajanpur - Same as above

    Suggestion

    You may like to consider the following 3rd option

    Isb to Rajanpur which route to take? -1501721

    From Mianwali take the MM road to Muzaffargarh, cross over indus to DG Khan and then Rajanpur.
    This would save you distance and also keep travelling on the east of indus within Punjab with relatively better road conditions.
    Of all the things i have lost, I miss my MIND the most...

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    IsbCap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    Road conditions on your first route
    Isb to Balkassar - Motorway
    Balkassar to Mianwali - Single but fine and wide enough less the Musakhel-Mianwali section which is broken with potholes
    Mianwali to kundian more - Broken and under construction with diversions intial about 7 kms, later fine
    Kundian more to chashma - Single, narrow with potholes
    Chashma to DI Khan - Under construction with frequent diversions
    DI Khan to DG Khan - Partly fine but mostly broken due to heavy traffic
    DG Khan to Rajanpur - Same as above

    Suggestion

    You may like to consider the following 3rd option

    Isb to Rajanpur which route to take? -1501721

    From Mianwali take the MM road to Muzaffargarh, cross over indus to DG Khan and then Rajanpur.
    This would save you distance and also keep travelling on the east of indus within Punjab with relatively better road conditions.
    Beautiful. Thanks a lot for taking time to compile such a detailed info. Help really appreciated.

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    Arib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    36
    Posts
    285
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IsbCap View Post
    Have to move to Rajanpur this or coming weekend. Which route would be best:

    1. Isb-Chakwal-DI Khan-Bhakkar-DG Khan-Rajanpur (698 KM)
    2. Isb-Faisalabad-Khanewal-Multan-DG Khan-Rajanpur (767 KM)

    Need info specifically about the road condition of first option. Is it two way or one way road?


    Would appreciate opinions from members who have recently traveled to this area...

    Isb to Rajanpur which route to take? -1501502
    Dear If go via Multan, there are two routes
    Route 1
    1. Islamabad -- Faisalabad Motorway
    2. Faisalabad -- Jhang Road is 2 way and ok
    3. Jhang -- Kabirwala -- N5 Link Road Road is 2 way & good with few bad patches
    4. N5 Link Road -- Multan Road is very good
    5. Multan -- Muzzaffargarh Road is very good
    6. Muzzaffargarh -- DG Khan Road is 2 way and ok
    7. DG Khan -- Rajanpur no idea

    Route 2
    1. Islamabad -- Pindi Bhattian Motorway
    2. Pindi Bhattian -- Chinniot -- Jhang Road is 2 way & ok
    3. Jhang -- Rajanpur same as above 3 to 7

    If you follow Pindi Bhattian route than distance will be around 50km less than Faisalabad Route.
    I have No Signature, I Use Thumb.

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    IsbCap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arib View Post
    Dear If go via Multan, there are two routes
    Route 1
    1. Islamabad -- Faisalabad Motorway
    2. Faisalabad -- Jhang Road is 2 way and ok
    3. Jhang -- Kabirwala -- N5 Link Road Road is 2 way & good with few bad patches
    4. N5 Link Road -- Multan Road is very good
    5. Multan -- Muzzaffargarh Road is very good
    6. Muzzaffargarh -- DG Khan Road is 2 way and ok
    7. DG Khan -- Rajanpur no idea

    Route 2
    1. Islamabad -- Pindi Bhattian Motorway
    2. Pindi Bhattian -- Chinniot -- Jhang Road is 2 way & ok
    3. Jhang -- Rajanpur same as above 3 to 7

    If you follow Pindi Bhattian route than distance will be around 50km less than Faisalabad Route.
    Thanks for detailed info. I usually prefer the motorway and one way routes even if they are 10% longer, due to peace of mind and safety (Plus it consumes lesser fuel due to continuous drive in higher gears)

    Have moved to Bhawana (In between Jhang and Chiniot) 2-3 times via Pindi Bhattian. The road is almost perfect.

    Btw, M4 has been constructed uptil Gojra, and will be started formally in December this year.

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    Arib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    36
    Posts
    285
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IsbCap View Post
    Thanks for detailed info. I usually prefer the motorway and one way routes even if they are 10% longer, due to peace of mind and safety (Plus it consumes lesser fuel due to continuous drive in higher gears)

    Have moved to Bhawana (In between Jhang and Chiniot) 2-3 times via Pindi Bhattian. The road is almost perfect.

    Btw, M4 has been constructed uptil Gojra, and will be started formally in December this year.
    If you have traveled till Bhawana than road ahead of Bhawana till N5 is approx. same with 1 bad patches after Jhang but not very bad.
    If you have to travel in December than M4 will be best option.
    I have No Signature, I Use Thumb.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •