350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default a really big misconception

AOA I have encountered many ppl saying suzuki swift is a very good car I personally like swift but when a some person say suzuki liana being a bad car even after share same engine,axle,suspention,brake in short every physical performance part and say that suzuki liana have swift use same engine but different head so I visit shershah to physically inspect engine as suzuki swift and liana have different plastic cover/airfilter cover it was easy to differenciate between them I inspected some head of swift and liana both were exactly the same then I told the whole to a shop owner and then the shop owner told me full story he told be there no difference in both infact some imported suzuki aerios engine have a different plastic cover/airfilter cover and it just a plastic cover/airfilter cover difference in both engine so I researched on internet and found the shop owner was right I am attaching a pic of suzuki aerio engine bay for reference

Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by COOLTAHIR View Post
    Liana fail car hy bhai kitni bi tareefe kar lo apni liana ko sell karne ke le hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    Dekho bhai aap jitni marji research ker lein
    aap ki liana aap ki demand kerda keemat per nahi bikni
    if any one has problem with these thread let me ask @MODS to close this thread and if any one has any problem me selling my car then let me again ask @MODS to close that thread as well and I don't know why swift owner are taking this like I am forcing them to buy a liana I my self have wrote swift is better than liana

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if honda civic Vti (2006 wala model) was introduced in Paki with absolutely zero 3s support by Atlas Honda, and no knowledge by local mechanics, then, today, we would have seen civic as a big flop.

same fate was met by Liana...swift jab launch hui tou kaafi progress ho chuki thi market me as we had influx of JDMs jo saari nakhre wali cars hain..its just perception - and what i heard is that mechanics also discouraged Santro - kyu k wo paki ki pehli choti efi and electronic car thee...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ali454 View Post
    i was trying to highlight the reasons for failure of liana and success of swift..its the shape!! liana was never a success coz nobody liked its shape..the technical faults later made it a flop..
    i was about to buy a 07 liana by selling my cultus 2 years ago..i was getting a cheap sedan(the main reason i went for it) until i showed it to my mechanic and he said sir gari to sasti mil rahe hai lekin jb yeh 'patakhay' maray gi to aap pachtaen ge ..
    and bro be tell you one more thing if the ugly shape was the issue then JDM such as mira e:s wouldn't have market value above 1 million if you say buildquality is the issue then bro I will ask ask you to sit i a mire e : s I can bet you can break it dashboard with just a punch and about that phtatkha even lancer/jimny use the same one coil two sprake method you may consider them flop as well right

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@MODS whats taking you so long

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    if honda civic Vti (2006 wala model) was introduced in Paki with absolutely zero 3s support by Atlas Honda, and no knowledge by local mechanics, then, today, we would have seen civic as a big flop.

same fate was met by Liana...swift jab launch hui tou kaafi progress ho chuki thi market me as we had influx of JDMs jo saari nakhre wali cars hain..its just perception - and what i heard is that mechanics also discouraged Santro - kyu k wo paki ki pehli choti efi and electronic car thee...
    just leave the topic ppl here buy car for next owner/mechanic

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    just leave the topic ppl here buy car for next owner/mechanic
    Yes this is paki people mentality bro be patience
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes this is paki people mentality bro be patience
    do hell with the mentality I don't care say anything about anything but judging a person my his thread with wrong mean is something called personal attack I don't care you or other like or hate liana or love or hate swift its your personal opinion but saying that I am making this thread for selling my car is a thing I can't bear if I was a guy who preffer this cheap money making thing I would have gone for an other xli not liana

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

do hell with the mentality I don't care say anything about anything but judging a person my his thread with wrong mean is something called personal attack I don't care you or other like or hate liana or love or hate swift its your personal opinion but saying that I am making this thread for selling my car is a thing I can't bear I was a guy who preffer this cheap money making thing I would have gone for an other xli not liana
    Bro just chill
    No one's attacking you
    Btw i was just kiding with you
    Sorry bro
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro just chill
    No one's attacking you
    Btw i was just kiding with you
    Sorry bro
    bro its ok

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ali454 View Post
    i was trying to highlight the reasons for failure of liana and success of swift..its the shape!! liana was never a success coz nobody liked its shape..the technical faults later made it a flop..
    i was about to buy a 07 liana by selling my cultus 2 years ago..i was getting a cheap sedan(the main reason i went for it) until i showed it to my mechanic and he said sir gari to sasti mil rahe hai lekin jb yeh 'patakhay' maray gi to aap pachtaen ge ..
    Buy cheap liana, find educated mechanic, get it repaired properly, max 40k lag jayein ***, but you still will have a spacious and cheap sedan
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@saboor73 cool down, u r sitting on an open forum so respect other members opinion and enjoy
    Now Coming back to the Question Why Liana Failed and Swift rocked. here they r

. Liana was launched in 2006 to meet the sedan category of Shuzuki. When the car got launched, people took great interest in it. But when people bought it and the car gave serious problems, its market started detoriating, and sooner the car got flopped. Suzuki rectified those problems and launched Vurv but it was too late,
    Now why swift rocked.?
    Swift was launched at a time when Pakistan badly needed a powerful hatchback, So Swift became a big hit, The Cars looks were stunning and was real attractive. and this time build quality and standard was the top priority, the ECU was programmed properly and the engine recieved different types of alterations and the suspension of Swift and Liana is certainly not same, Liana is softer while swift is harder similar to current gen City, So it became a hit.
    As Far as Mira E;S is concerned, Who said that its a hit, the car is performing poorly in the market, But the reason for cheap plastic is that the car is made light to reduce weight and save fuel, even the latest gen Passo and Vitz r having the same type dashboard but the finishing is still 100 times better than paki, but yes Mira is a fragile car.
    As Far as resale and market is concerned we Pakistanis r not rich to risk our money like Japanese and Europeans who use the car and throw them away, A person who changes his car every year and has a medium salary will definatly look for resale and mechanics
    Chill out bro,u like liana its good but not everyone has the same choice.
    Peace.
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    @saboor73 cool down, u r sitting on an open forum so respect other members opinion and enjoy

. Liana was launched in 2006 to meet the sedan category of Shuzuki. When the car got launched, people took great interest in it. But when people bought it and the car gave serious problems, its market started detoriating, and sooner the car got flopped. Suzuki rectified those problems and launched Vurv but it was too late,
    Now why swift rocked.?
    Swift was launched at a time when Pakistan badly needed a powerful hatchback, So Swift became a big hit, The Cars looks were stunning and was real attractive. and this time build quality and standard was the top priority, the ECU was programmed properly and the engine recieved different types of alterations and the suspension of Swift and Liana is certainly not same, Liana is softer while swift is harder similar to current gen City, So it became a hit.
    As Far as Mira E;S is concerned, Who said that its a hit, the car is performing poorly in the market, But the reason for cheap plastic is that the car is made light to reduce weight and save fuel, even the latest gen Passo and Vitz r having the same type dashboard but the finishing is still 100 times better than paki, but yes Mira is a fragile car.
    As Far as resale and market is concerned we Pakistanis r not rich to risk our money like Japanese and Europeans who use the car and throw them away, A person who changes his car every year and has a medium salary will definatly look for resale and mechanics
    Peace.
    bro in this thread I am not trying to prove liana is good or bad the thing is I my self had inspected many head of liana and they are same vuru/swift had different software for sure

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro in this thread I am not trying to prove liana is good or bad the thing is I my self had inspected many head of liana and they are same vuru/swift had different software for sure
    You have your answer , the way fuel air and misc flow in the engine will differentiate the engines working.
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulifqar sir i would like your opinion on whats the issue in liana and is Swift and Liana really same??
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You have your answer , the way fuel air and misc flow in the engine will differentiate the engines working.
    and the software update cost 1500rs from any 3s dealer

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and the software update cost 1500rs from any 3s dealer
    im not talking about that update, i am talking about how the engine is programmed to perform
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my experience/view with/of the suzuki liana is that its not such a terrible car as people think it is. The major problem was that the 3s/showroom service and repair centers of suzuki are at best equipped to repair the old mehran, carby cultus, bolan and ravi. They did not train or even equip their mechanics with diagnosing the baleno with EFI which was a pretty basic setup with waste spark ignition.

Their repair training is mostly - "replace parts till it works"

OTOH the other 2 manufacturers offered EFI engines since ages and their repair procedure was somewhat known already (a bit better than suzuki)

the liana was slightly more advanced than the ancient suzuki baleno and its fuel injection system - the mechanics had no idea where to start from - add to this mix the customers expected "sastee suzuki" pricing and services. and the story goes on.

as saboor said - there is no cylinder head difference in the engines (I still know people in Pakistan who work on cars - they told me themselves) - the only difference you see in the earliest cars is that some of them had log shaped intake manifolds with a big huge beauty cover on it - some had the vertical throttle ones with the slightly smaller cover.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    my experience/view with/of the suzuki liana is that its not such a terrible car as people think it is. The major problem was that the 3s/showroom service and repair centers of suzuki are at best equipped to repair the old mehran, carby cultus, bolan and ravi. They did not train or even equip their mechanics with diagnosing the baleno with EFI which was a pretty basic setup with waste spark ignition.

Their repair training is mostly - "replace parts till it works"

OTOH the other 2 manufacturers offered EFI engines since ages and their repair procedure was somewhat known already (a bit better than suzuki)

the liana was slightly more advanced than the ancient suzuki baleno and its fuel injection system - the mechanics had no idea where to start from - add to this mix the customers expected "sastee suzuki" pricing and services. and the story goes on.

as saboor said - there is no cylinder head difference in the engines (I still know people in Pakistan who work on cars - they told me themselves) - the only difference you see in the earliest cars is that some of them had log shaped intake manifolds with a big huge beauty cover on it - some had the vertical throttle ones with the slightly smaller cover.
    So why is Swift a hit worldwide and liana a flop worldwide?
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think its because the liana drives like a shopping cart
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now why swift rocked.?
    Peace.
    Bhai mira es ki Islamabad me achi khasi market hay
    Always respect your parents

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List