Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 143
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: a really big misconception

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,548
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default a really big misconception

    AOA I have encountered many ppl saying suzuki swift is a very good car I personally like swift but when a some person say suzuki liana being a bad car even after share same engine,axle,suspention,brake in short every physical performance part and say that suzuki liana have swift use same engine but different head so I visit shershah to physically inspect engine as suzuki swift and liana have different plastic cover/airfilter cover it was easy to differenciate between them I inspected some head of swift and liana both were exactly the same then I told the whole to a shop owner and then the shop owner told me full story he told be there no difference in both infact some imported suzuki aerios engine have a different plastic cover/airfilter cover and it just a plastic cover/airfilter cover difference in both engine so I researched on internet and found the shop owner was right I am attaching a pic of suzuki aerio engine bay for reference

    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #41
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,400
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    Bhai mira es ki Islamabad me achi khasi market hay
    sounds like isb market is not that intelligent
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  3. #42
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    muradi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    7,199
    Follows
    16
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    I think its because the liana drives like a shopping cart
    Lol Exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    Bhai mira es ki Islamabad me achi khasi market hay
    Sorry sir mein to Karachi ki baat kar raha tha
    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    sounds like isb market is not that intelligent
    Laws r Made to be Broken

  4. #43
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,952
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Some cents from me.

    Early lianas had issues with the engine head. Similarly 2008 corolla 2nz also faced the similar issue. 2011 facelift with ff CNG was advertised to have a different engine head. Hence 2002-2008 is more popular with rental/taxi cars.

    Coming back to Liana this has been confirmed by landi-renzo Pakistan, swift head is different Liana with the tag of vurv comes with similar engine head.

    To add the import jimny also has the same m13a engine as on Liana and switf

    Swift being hit and successfull. Tell me one Liana owner with petrol engine having issues.

    Early lianas had another issue which was about the second gear dying or returning back. Swift uses a different transmission.

    The bottom line is paksuzuki couldnt face competition droped quality screwed their sedan lineup.

    Another thing as @Xulfiqar Bhae said paksuzuki has issues with the employee union and they couldn't fire old staff and didn't hire new staff for electronic cars
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  5. #44
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,400
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    Lol Exactly

    Sorry sir mein to Karachi ki baat kar raha tha

    any market considering those kei cars to be "good" is delusional hence not intelligent
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  6. #45
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,400
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    Some cents from me.

    Early lianas had issues with the engine head. Similarly 2008 corolla 2nz also faced the similar issue. 2011 facelift with ff CNG was advertised to have a different engine head. Hence 2002-2008 is more popular with rental/taxi cars.

    Coming back to Liana this has been confirmed by landi-renzo Pakistan, swift head is different Liana with the tag of vurv comes with similar engine head.

    To add the import jimny also has the same m13a engine as on Liana and switf

    Swift being hit and successfull. Tell me one Liana owner with petrol engine having issues.

    Early lianas had another issue which was about the second gear dying or returning back. Swift uses a different transmission.

    The bottom line is paksuzuki couldnt face competition droped quality screwed their sedan lineup.

    Another thing as @Xulfiqar Bhae said paksuzuki has issues with the employee union and they couldn't fire old staff and didn't hire new staff for electronic cars
    what difference do they point out? lower CR, valve angle, cam timing, coolant passages?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  7. #46
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,952
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    what difference do they point out? lower CR, valve angle, cam timing, coolant passages?
    Definitely Something related with the valvles hence failing on CNG. I was quoted about this in 2010-2011 so I'm don't remember exactly.

    Edit: the basic reason to change the head was swift CNG. As landi renzo Pakistan was suppose to make a CNG kit that would be perfect for it. But the idea was changed when Pakistan government canceled factory fitted CNG cars
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  8. #47
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,952
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Similar issues with corolla 2nz-fe 2002-2008 and 2008-2014 although 2008-2014 has a electronic throttle but that wouldnt jam vavles on cng
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  9. #48
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,548
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    Some cents from me.

    Early lianas had issues with the engine head. Similarly 2008 corolla 2nz also faced the similar issue. 2011 facelift with ff CNG was advertised to have a different engine head. Hence 2002-2008 is more popular with rental/taxi cars.

    Coming back to Liana this has been confirmed by landi-renzo Pakistan, swift head is different Liana with the tag of vurv comes with similar engine head.

    To add the import jimny also has the same m13a engine as on Liana and switf

    Swift being hit and successfull. Tell me one Liana owner with petrol engine having issues.

    Early lianas had another issue which was about the second gear dying or returning back. Swift uses a different transmission.

    The bottom line is paksuzuki couldnt face competition droped quality screwed their sedan lineup.

    Another thing as @Xulfiqar Bhae said paksuzuki has issues with the employee union and they couldn't fire old staff and didn't hire new staff for electronic cars
    bro I my self have inspected different heads of suzuki liana/swuft there was no difference and the new liana vuru/swift second gear problem was due to software problem

  10. #49
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,548
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    So why is Swift a hit worldwide and liana a flop worldwide?
    one question why is platez flop and belta proved a lil better

  11. #50
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,400
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    Definitely Something related with the valvles hence failing on CNG. I was quoted about this in 2010-2011 so I'm don't remember exactly.

    Edit: the basic reason to change the head was swift CNG. As landi renzo Pakistan was suppose to make a CNG kit that would be perfect for it. But the idea was changed when Pakistan government canceled factory fitted CNG cars
    not to diss your claim here but

    I still find such news as a strange concoction of rumors - does the manufacturer of the engine claim that the cylinder head casting number or parts assembly numbers are different than the older production run?

    e.g. the engine that I recently rebuilt has a different head gasket - toyota actually changed the design at the left side of the gasket for better heat dissipation - it actually has a different part number - the old ones are claimed as NLA (no longer available or superseded)
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  12. #51
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,952
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    not to diss your claim here but

    I still find such news as a strange concoction of rumors - does the manufacturer of the engine claim that the cylinder head casting number or parts assembly numbers are different than the older production run?

    e.g. the engine that I recently rebuilt has a different head gasket - toyota actually changed the design at the left side of the gasket for better heat dissipation - it actually has a different part number - the old ones are claimed as NLA (no longer available or superseded)
    Your logic is genuine. Filhal I don't have documentary evidence to back my claim. I'll see what can I find. Another thing I remember from "heat dispersion" is that early Lianas used to drink the coolant emtying the reserve bottle instead of circulating it in the system, WHich would eventually cause the car to overheat damage the gasket
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  13. #52
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    muradi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    7,199
    Follows
    16
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    one question why is platez flop and belta proved a lil better
    both r big flop, Platz is one hell ugly car and Belta has some graceful looks so it sold a bit better, both r like a dead cow on 1.0L and on 1.3 its a bit better, The reason belta sold a bit better was it had a graceful shape and beautiful interior otherwise both r crap cars
    Laws r Made to be Broken

  14. #53
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umarkhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Posts
    2,308
    Follows
    6
    Following
    8
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    @Xulfiqar
    i have heard that liana vurv(the newer ones) has different ecu map.what do you say about this??
    Just Do It Your Self!!!!!

  15. #54
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    huzaifa.haroon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    4,997
    Follows
    10
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    both r big flop, Platz is one hell ugly car and Belta has some graceful looks so it sold a bit better, both r like a dead cow on 1.0L and on 1.3 its a bit better, The reason belta sold a bit better was it had a graceful shape and beautiful interior otherwise both r crap cars
    Soch k bol bhai , Belta and vitz are built on same chassis , Belta is a great car with a great resale which i came o know when i bought my car!
    May be 1000cc is a flop but not 1300cc
    Always respect your parents

  16. #55
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    muradi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    7,199
    Follows
    16
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    Soch k bol bhai , Belta and vitz are built on same chassis , Belta is a great car with a great resale which i came o know when i bought my car!
    May be 1000cc is a flop but not 1300cc
    Exactly, Belta and Vitz r built on same chassis but when Vitz is so friggin underpowered to phir belta to soch lo? Belta is a great car indeed but is very laggy and does not hold good resale atleast in karachi. if it was it would have been seen more on the roads than axio because its way cheaper.
    Laws r Made to be Broken

  17. #56
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    huzaifa.haroon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    4,997
    Follows
    10
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    Exactly, Belta and Vitz r built on same chassis but when Vitz is so friggin underpowered to phir belta to soch lo? Belta is a great car indeed but is very laggy and does not hold good resale atleast in karachi. if it was it would have been seen more on the roads than axio because its way cheaper.
    I've seen most Belta's in Karachi lol!
    It's a bit slow in acceleration but not underpowered , it can even climb Himalayas lol
    I own a 1300cc version
    Always respect your parents

  18. #57
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    muradi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    7,199
    Follows
    16
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    I've seen most Belta's in Karachi lol!
    It's a bit slow in acceleration but not underpowered , it can even climb Himalayas lol
    I own a 1300cc version
    but still its not the markets favorite,
    Laws r Made to be Broken

  19. #58
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    huzaifa.haroon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    4,997
    Follows
    10
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    but still its not the markets favorite,
    5 calls in a day , even after asking a price of 12 25!
    It is market favourite here in Islamabad
    Always respect your parents

  20. #59
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    muradi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    7,199
    Follows
    16
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Baat Liyana or Sewift ki ho rhi hai, Belta or Delta ko beech mein na lao
    Laws r Made to be Broken

  21. #60
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    muradi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    7,199
    Follows
    16
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    5 calls in a day , even after asking a price of 12 25!
    It is market favourite here in Islamabad
    sorry sir ghalti ho gayi maaf kardo, olx pe na becho
    Laws r Made to be Broken

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •